test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Season 4 - FAQ and Known Issues Update

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2011 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Greetings!

Season 4: Crossfire is finally here and all the heaps of new code are now live on Holodeck. In general we feel that this new build is far superior in performance and function than the previous build and we continue to monitor issues and feedback and will undoubtedly be posting patches to address concerns and fine tune new features.

This thread will highlight some frequently asked questions and issues since we pushed the update to Holodeck.

SEASON 4 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: How do I switch to the new "shooter mode"?
A: Press the B key to toggle between Shooter and RPG modes. Also check out our Ground Combat Tutorial Page for additional information and a new ground combat Tutorial Video.

Q: How do I now get into a Fleet Action like Starbase 24?
A: You now use the PVE Queue to access Fleet Actions that are avaialble to your level. You'll find this option in the minimap menu. When you load up the PVE Queue menu, you'll see Fleet Actions available for you to queue for. You can also click the JOIN tab at the top to see all existing Fleet Actions in progress or Create your own Private Fleet Action. Fleet Actions now require a minimum of 5 players to start and you cannot close the UI until you have enough players to start your private queue.

Q: I'm not seeing Fleet Actions that I used to be able to run. Where did they go?
A: Fleet Action level requirements have changed. We wanted to ensure that there was a new Fleet Action for players to experience at each rank up. Furthermore, we wanted to keep level bands consistent and easily understood, while allowing for a large enough range to increase the chances of finding players to join the queue. For example previous level bands had some Fleet Action bands at 17-20 and the next one 21-30 which made it incredibly unlikely that the 17-20 queue would ever fill up. So the new Fleet Action level band requirements now look like this.

Fleet Action Level Bands (FED)
Lvl 4 - 10 : Starbase 24
Lvl 11-20 : (all above plus), Halting the Gorn Advance
Lvl 21-30 : (all above plus), Klingon Scout Force, Breaking the Planet
Lvl 31-40 : (all above plus), The Big Dig
Lvl 41-50 : (all above plus), Crystalline Catasrophe
Lvl 51 : (all above plus), Gekli Feeding Grounds

Fleet Action Level Bands (KDF)
Lvl 11-20 : Federation Minefield
Lvl 21-30 : (all above plus), Breaking the Planet
Lvl 31-40 : (all above plus), The Big Dig
Lvl 41-50 : (all above plus), Crystalline Catasrophe
Lvl 51 : (all above plus), Gekli Feeding Grounds

To create your own private queue of these Fleet Actions, you must meet the following lvl requirements. (but note that you can set the enemy level of the Fleet Action in the UI)
Starbase 24 : lvl 4
Halting the Gorn Advance, Federation Minefield : lvl 11
Klingon Scout Force, Breaking the Planet : lvl 21
The Big Dig : lvl 31
Crystalline Catastrophe : lvl 41
Gekli Feeding Grounds : lvl 51

Q: Why can't I fly up to a Fleet Action door and just go in by myself anymore?
A: Fleet Actions were always intended to be missions for "Fleets" and therefore now require a minimum number of players to start (5 for a private queue, 10* for public). This helps prevent abuse as well as encourge larger groups to complete these missions. Note that we are also looking at increase rewards in these fleet actions as a result to ensure participation at least provides a decent item.

*update - we have heard the feedback on this and are testing some new code on TRIBBLE that will allow Fleet Actions to have a minimum of 8 players to launch, and if 8 aren't found after 5 minutes, it will look for 5.

Q: Why did you change the Fonts?
A: There have been some inconsistencies between Fed and Kdf player font sizes. We have standardized these to the same size. We are continually looking to improve readibility and will update fonts in future patches if new font sizes create issues for the majority of players.

KNOWN ISSUES

FOUNDRY TURNED OFF TEMPORARILY
When we updated the shard to Season 4, UGC projects go through a process where they are republished to update with newer code. This process takes nearly 8 hours to complete for all missions in the database. After today's republish, it was uncovered that even though the process reported all was well, the missions themselves were in a randomly broken state. To address this issue, we have taken UGC (The Foundry) offline temporarily while we identify the issue and work on a fix. This is a big issue and may require anywhere from one to several days to fix properly. The UGC team will continue working on it and once the issue is addressed, we'll turn Foundry back on.

*July 8 - 5:15pm update: We have some fixes going to Tribble to correct the corruption issues in your Foundry projects. We will be testing republish and once everything looks good, we will turn mission play back on and then ensure editing is working properly and turn that on too.

YOU NERFED MY LOOT!
We have tracked down a bug that was causing some loot drops to inherit improper statistics from an unexpected source. We have a fix incoming that will fix loot drops so that they are dropping stats at the appropriate level. Another fix after will correct previously looted items to their proper stats. This was not an intentional nerf. ;)

EXCHANGE MAILS
Expired auction emails were withheld while an action server configuration change was being made, it has since been updated. If you feel your are missing emails, close your client and restart and log back in to refresh your mail list.

PULLING AUCTIONS
While we don't condone using auctions as additional storage, we have identified an issue where auctions could not be pulled down properly. We do acknowledge that players want to adjust pricing and need this feature, so we have Engineers making a fix and it will be patched soon.

VIVOX VOICE CHAT PERFORMANCE
Some players are reporting static and other degradation issues. We are investigating with Vivox and will update the service as necessary to improve performance.

RPG MODE and AUTOFIRE
Players have reported that using weapons autofire in RPG ground combat prevents the use of sprint, roll, and secondary fire. Engineers have identified the issue and a temp fix will be put in the next patch to address spring and secondary fire. Roll is proving to be problematic with autofire in Season 4, and will take longer to address, but the engineers are working on it and will get patched when ready.

TACTICAL BRIDGE OFFICERS SUCK AT THROWING GRENADES
This is a bug and will result in your tac officer throwing grenades at their own feet. A fix has been made and will be patched soon.

PVE QUEUE (PUBLIC) NOT CREATING MAPS
* 7/8 - 5:25pm We have an incoming Hotfix tonight to address issues with the queue. These fixes are going to Tribble now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hi Dstahl,

Can this bug be in the buglist? Since I think it was unintentionally changed, im really upset about it.
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3629365#post3629365

But for the rest, Season 4 runs pretty smooth here, some bugs but you'll manage to fix them im sure!

"PULLING AUCTIONS
    While we don't condone using auctions as additional storage, we have identified an issue where auctions could not be pulled down properly. Engineers are making a fix and it will be patched soon."

But sometimes pulling back items is good because sometimes you figure that you'd actually didnt want to sell a specific item right? or adjust its pricing?

• Options
    edited July 2011
    please add the foundry to that list of problems.

several dialogue boxes have been deleted from the foundry missions. it appears when you have two or more pop up dialogue boxes next to each other, all but the first box is deleted.

also all the current missions need to be republished as all you get is a holodeck grid when you start the mission. the problems is that all the missions are still listed and its impossible to tell what missions have been republished and which ones are still 'broken'.

also to further add to the autofire bug, it also affects shooter mode. if the powers are selected with the green outline box (by right clicking on them) then using shooter mode, it makes skill one unresponsive to a single click and you have to hold the mouse button down for a second to fire the power. activating power 2 with the right mouse button puts power 1 onto a continuous autofire and you cant use power 2.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm not sure if its intentional or not, but warp streaks have disappeared from SS.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm not sure if its intentional or not, but warp streaks have disappeared from SS.

The Red's or the blue's? if it are the reds i can imagine that since the reds should be for impulse (If im correct) while the blue trails are for the warp nacelles :p
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Another issue I have is I have a new klingon gorn toon that I created before season 4. Now he has only one mission available and can't get into the sparring area. He can only explore the onga nebula. Wish I could pick up missions so I could actually level him.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The Red's or the blue's? if it are the reds i can imagine that since the reds should be for impulse (If im correct) while the blue trails are for the warp nacelles :p

Not the engine trails, but rather the streaks of starlight that would move past the ship, just like at warp speeds in the series.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    dstahl wrote: »
    Greetings!

KLINGON IS STUCK IN THE WARRIORS HALL
    If you are stuck in the warriors hall, look for quest giver "Sparring Master B'Elotja" who gives the mission "Lighting the Way". This mission automatically completes when you take it and points you to B'Emara outside the warriors hall (accessed by the door on the wall). We are looking into other reports in the warriors hall and will patch any additional updates to address confusion in this area.

Here's the problem - B'Elotja" DOESN'T give the mission "Lighting the Way". She just has an empty dialog box and the only thing you can do is select "Exit" top close the box.

The mission "Leading the Way" is supposed to point to "Sparring Master B'Elotja" after you get it from tne Police chief B'Emera. The problem is - it actually points to B'Emera (even though it states she's in the Warrior's Hall (and she's not, nor is she supposed to be) so after you get the mission the first part completes, and IF you head into the Warriors Hall - you get stuck because for whatever reason B'Elotja" DOESN'T give the mission "Lighting the Way" at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Armsman wrote: »
    Here's the problem - B'Elotja" DOESN'T give the mission "Lighting the Way". She just has an empty dialog box and the only thing you can do is select "Exit" top close the box.

The mission "Leading the Way" is supposed to point to "Sparring Master B'Elotja" after you get it from tne Police chief B'Emera. The problem is - it actually points to B'Emera (even though it states she's in the Warrior's Hall (and she's not, nor is she supposed to be) so after you get the mission the first part completes, and IF you head into the Warriors Hall - you get stuck because for whatever reason B'Elotja" DOESN'T give the mission "Lighting the Way" at all.

The only fix I've found, thus far, for this is teaming up with a lower-ranked KDF player & having them share the mission with you. That's how I was able to get out of Warrior's Hall. Nothing else, myself & MANY others have tried, has worked.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Kindly add the broken Delta Daily to this list. Or just fix it. <_<

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=222602
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I feel strongly that it would benefit the most to the community if PvE queues had lower level restrictions and lower number of players to launch. The longer it takes for a public queue to start, the higher the chance that those people will be doing something else -- maybe in the middle of a mission, and then won't be able to join. As these are PvE, and not PvP, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to start arbitrarily quickly (a party of one). If 9 people want to play Breaking the Planet, they should be able to start right away -- not have to find a tenth party member. If I just want to do a private fleet action with one or two buds, I shouldn't have to get a full team.

These should be very easy modifications (changing a number here and there) and I hope these will be considered in the very near future.

EDIT: A useful feature is if you could right click on player's name and invite them to the PvE Queue (similar to how you can add them to a PvP challenge).
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Foundry missions are also having issues with object-based map transitions. (click on console, get map transfer dialog) They stopped working for me, but whole-map transfers still work fine.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    How about fixing the BO tray in the Space HUD so that it is left justified instead of right justified. I don't like having to change the hud every time I change ships.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    specter177 wrote: »
    How about fixing the BO tray in the Space HUD so that it is left justified instead of right justified. I don't like having to change the hud every time I change ships.
    I think, by default, it's just 2 rows instead of 1. You can hit F12 to resize it. LEDMirage said it will be fixed in a later patch, so it's being addressed.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    What about broken PvP queues?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Obsidius wrote: »
    I think, by default, it's just 2 rows instead of 1. You can hit F12 to resize it. LEDMirage said it will be fixed in a later patch, so it's being addressed.

Yes, but when I resize it to fit them all on one row, when I switch to my shuttle, my BO is all the way on the right of the screen.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    voice chat hasnt worked all day for anybody in my fleet
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Why can't we make our own DS9 Fleet action map?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Why does the new season cause my internet to disconnect after I get in game for like 1 minute?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Members of my fleet below level 45 are receiving 20 new Bridge Officers on their first login.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    While testing my Foundry mission in a team, I've found that after interacting with and completing the first objective which is to simply activate a console, triggering a dialog pop up and then reading, followed by continuing...

Other team members then loose the mission from their mission tracker and their mission log, unable to continue. We discovered that to resolve this the team members need to log out and log in again which results in the mission reappearing in the tracker and log.

Continuing the mission, occasionally after a transition to a new map, team members will be separated into separate instances, forced to continue solo with objectives completed separately, but each team member must still wait for the others to complete their objectives before before new dialog pop ups will appear.

This was after republishing twice, I've now just republished a third time after doing a thorough QA pass on my mission, the mission details can be found in my signature.

Though I am happy to report that the space explosion animations set to trigger after the completion of an objective now work perfectly, resulting in the visual effect of an exploding transport vessel, much like in the "Stranded in Space" mission.

/Edit

After testing following the third publish success. I find that the animation "Cheer - Klingon" didn't show the Klingon d'k tahg (warriors knife) and even after resetting each individual bridge officer costume option for bridge officer (ship) pop ups, the incorrect BOff costumes appear during dialog pop ups. Which I thought could be because of my universal BoP slots but I doubt it.

Oh and I noticed that I can no longer view any reviews of any mission, on the KDF side anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It seems that my mission. Hidden Intelligence (ST-HU6ZYFPS9)

Has broken an NPC contact on Memory Alpha at least on Instance #1 (I will check in a moment if it applies to all instances)

The Phsyical Sciences Researcher has part of the initial dialogue of my mission as a sort of default text even the icon says it's mission text.

EDIT: There seems to be only one instance since I'm getting a no possible maps error when trying to change instances

Also this may occur to any NPC Contact in Social zones that is available in the foundry.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hard time b elieving that the fact that the Season 4 update broke nearly all existing foundry missions pretty severely wasn't mentioned. Can someone from Cryptic at least confirm that they know of it?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    PVP ques not working. It was probably already mentioned but I figured I'd bring it up again.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I don't know how much longer I can justify paying to play this game if Fleet Actions stay the way they are. Most of my enjoyment from this game has been in logging in late at night when I'm bored and doing space combat for a few hours to pass the time. Most of the time when I'm doing this, I do fleet actions, and if I'm very lucky, there are three of us in a given instance. Usually it's just me and one other person, or I do it solo. I don't mind dying over and over, and taking a long time to complete the action, I do it because I enjoy the challenge.

I can understand wanting to get people to do them in actual fleets, but let's face it, outside of peak times, and if you're not level capped, there's just not going to be a big fleet available. So are you really going to shut the content down and not allow players to play the game 24 hours a day?

I do get a fair number of rares from this, I'll admit, but I get a fair number during peak times when there are other players online as well. If you're good enough to solo a fleet action, you're good enough to come in first when there's competition for it. I probably get more loot quicker, in fact, because the fleet actions end faster with a large fleet. Going solo may guarantee the first place loot, assuming you're skilled enough to complete it by yourself, but it takes a lot longer than when there are other players involved.

The queues are obviously brand new, and many people probably don't know about them yet. Hopefully more people will queue up at odd hours and the actions can actually get started, but if I find I can't get online and play when I want, there's no point in me playing this game at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Why after this update my whole space backround has turned red??? I load up from where i last was out in space and now my space and that is red??? I even put all video settings to default??? It was going perfect till the update, i checked on acouple other games i play and everything is fine ...besides star trek online. I just bought the game and was getting into this and now "BAAAAAAM CRIPPLING UPDATE"???? Hopefully its just lil issue they need to fix otherwise i guess few friends and i wont be playing this after all. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Last time I logged out on Holodeck, before the Season 4 patch, I was a LC7 Engineer in a Constitution Cruiser, playing on Normal Difficulty, going to play the mission 'Minefield'. Bug/Issues I noticed so far in the mission:

Space:
    -Somehow, when I went into the mission, I found that the system had overriden my difficulty setting, making me Advanced for that mission, and nothing I did could change it back. Only after the mission could I change it back to Normal difficulty (Definitely worth looking into )
    -Occasionally and randomly, my ship's target lock would disappear entirely, like i had pressed Esc to clear it (but I hadn't). Getting the lock back was easy enough, but the lock shouldn't randomly unlock like it was doing. EDIT: this issue has shown up in other space missions.

Ground:
    -Before Season 4, my Boff's were decent at path-finding, but now... it's just atrocious. A lot of the time, whenever I'm trying to navigate around obsticales, my Boff's would get stuck in this walking animation, or just stop moving entirely. I often had to set a rally point to get them back to normal (Definitely annoying ) EDIT: this one appears to be 'Minefield' only.
    -Whenever I used the scan function, it would only point toward Anomalies. I understand it wouldn't point toward the injuried scientists... but it's supposed to point you toward mission objectives as well, which it wasn't in that mission EDIT: same as directly above

btw, I don't know if these issues are present in other missions, but they're definitely worth looking into

Other issues:
    -Your release notes stated that the DSE's no longer auto pull you in... but not shortly beforehand, i was still auto-pulled in to one, so something appears to be wrong
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ok, my problem is ...I can't log in on my main toon. I have a trial account, with 4-5 days left. I have, or had every intention of upgrading my account until today. After the season 4 patch when I try to log my main toon I get the message ...."You cannot login to a character that has a different type than your account"....Main toon is Federation and level 10, almost 11. At first I thought maybe there was a level cap on trial accounts, if thats the case then fine, but I've seen others complaining of the same thing. I can make a new toon, which I did. But I found it odd that before today I couldn't make a Klingon, today I could, and did. I'm hoping to see a hotfix.

Be Safe.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Players who load into the game while on DS9 appear with all their Bridge Officers. Transporting to your ship and beaming back down solves the problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hey Dstahl. You guys broke 90% of all Foundry missions. You guys might want to put that on your list of known issues.
This discussion has been closed.