test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starships: Model errors, issues and feedback

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    -Jes- wrote:
    Indeed. A lot of the canon inconsistencies could also be culled from the list, as they're either pointless or not beefy enough to provoke a Cryptic response.

Thanks for the input jes. ^.^ I've given a lot of the canon inconsistencies the chop, leaving only the big iconic hero ships like the Constitutions, Galaxy, Intrepid, Defiant and Sovereign (and Akira, cause it's awesome. :3 )
    edited November 2011
    Has anyone bothered to poke Logan about the new skin for the Intrepids being horribroke when combining the old pylons with it? I mean, 'holy carp on a dorf, that's broke' bad.

The damned thing's been fixed already on F2P tribble. So I don't believe CapnLogan is the issue.
    It's Cryptic including the existing fix in a patch to holodeck, which I believe is someone else entirely.

CapnLogan may be able to pass the message on to the appropriate party, but I wanted to make the distinction that I believe he's already done the work to fix it.

It really burns my muffins that this fix, (which has been on tribble for a couple of weeks already, never made it to the holodeck, where we actually had to pay real money to play with it!
    edited November 2011
    Does anyone know if there has been any improvements to the fed cruisers e.g. sovereign class? I know the venture and etc but what about ther other ships?
    edited December 2011
    Don't know if this has been mentioned before or it's just my pc but the UFP logo on the Exeter class is bright red. Maybe if Logan scans through this, he can add it to his list.
    edited December 2011
    I've got a feeling that correcting canon inconsistencies of most of the classes is pretty darn low on Cryptic's list of priorities... :(

Understandable, since it doesn't make them a penny. I'm just dying to see the Galaxy's neck get fixed, along with the other minor details and the arboretum windows that were promised at one point.

By the way, in case you've not seen it, check out Star Trek Excalibur's rendering of the Galaxy. Gob-smackingly good! I can't wait until that game is finally released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kkh7c96RVE
    edited December 2011
    MarcW wrote:
    I've got a feeling that correcting canon inconsistencies of most of the classes is pretty darn low on Cryptic's list of priorities... :(

Understandable, since it doesn't make them a penny. I'm just dying to see the Galaxy's neck get fixed, along with the other minor details and the arboretum windows that were promised at one point.

By the way, in case you've not seen it, check out Star Trek Excalibur's rendering of the Galaxy. Gob-smackingly good! I can't wait until that game is finally released.

Good old bridge commander love that game. I hope they will make another game like BC.
    edited December 2011
    MarcW wrote:

thanks for the video. That is 1 accurate Galaxy. I really wish all of STO's ships were that good... seriously. Just compare the 2 ships, the difference is clear. that 1 on u tube seems much more finely-crafted. I also think the starbase looks a bit more like the ones in the series/movies.

Oh well, perhaps someday STO will get the ship models fixed. It can't be that hard, I mean, cheap games that don't get monthly $ seem to be able to do it. (star trek legacy, for 1. pretty accurate 3D models there)
    edited December 2011
    Is this the right thread to post about ship hardpoint issues?

I have a Venture-X-class equipped with heavy cannons and dual beams that both fire from the furthest most port and starboard sides of the saucer section, even though the beams should be firing from midway between the bridge and outer edge of the saucer and the cannons should be firing from the physical cannons near the mid section of the saucer near the bridge.

I haven't checked to see if this effects the Galaxy-X-class, does anyone know of this issue?
    edited December 2011
    Does not affect the Galaxy-X, only the Venture. We've been complaining about this issue since it was released. No word.
    edited December 2011
    Sprint01 wrote:
    Does not affect the Galaxy-X, only the Venture. We've been complaining about this issue since it was released. No word.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it, though I imagine it's not a high priority on Cryptic's list atm considering all the fix and with Capn Logan working on things like Jem Hadar fighters and other stuff we don't know about, but I'm sure he'll get around to it.

It's just visually annoying... lol
    edited December 2011
    What's annoying is paying money for a product and finding out it's got a flaw like that. Logan didn't want to do the Venture-X, so it stands to reason he threw it together in a sloppy fashion so they could rush it out the door.
    edited December 2011
    the sovy saucer needs to be a wider and the nacelles need to be higher and not hiding behind the saucer itself. As well the front red part of the nacelles needs to move around like in the movies.

Plus the engineering section needs to be wider to.
    edited December 2011
    I think the first two Gorn player ships (phalanx and draguas) should have their ventral areas changed, everything behind the deflector's on both of them seem to have been glued on.
    edited January 2012
    Got a problem with the full MKXII Honor Guard set on my female Orion. When she walks/runs the feet turn inward, it kinda looks like she's about to trip over her own feet. Fix for this would be super appreciated :)
    edited January 2012
    Meynolt wrote: »
    Got a problem with the full MKXII Honor Guard set on my female Orion. When she walks/runs the feet turn inward, it kinda looks like she's about to trip over her own feet. Fix for this would be super appreciated :)

This thread is for ships only, I'm afraid. There's a link in my sig, however, for uniforms/costumes. :)
    edited January 2012
    This thread is for ships only, I'm afraid. There's a link in my sig, however, for uniforms/costumes. :)

Cheers, sorry missed the Ships tap a bit, gonna go post in the proper thread now :)
    edited January 2012
    Couple things:

1. With the MACO full set on a Jem'hadar is there a distinct effect? I can not see anything.

2. With the Omega set, should there be some sort of flame coming out of the front of the ship when at impulse (outside of the deflector). I have what almost looks like orange smokey flaming cannons shooting out.
    edited January 2012
    JoenATL wrote:
    Couple things:

1. With the MACO full set on a Jem'hadar is there a distinct effect? I can not see anything.

2. With the Omega set, should there be some sort of flame coming out of the front of the ship when at impulse (outside of the deflector). I have what almost looks like orange smokey flaming cannons shooting out.

I was hoping someone would answer this, as I have seen neither set. Can you post pics of what you are describing?
    edited January 2012
    JoenATL wrote:
    Couple things:

I think I can help with that,

1. The MACO set if quite subtle in appearance with a high tech honey-comb texture in some areas, you will need to zoom in to truly see it. The Engine gives a green warp trail and a blue impulse trail, and the Deflector is a nice pulsating version of the Aegis affect.(I have never seen any of these on a Jem'hadar though)

Oh and here are the only 2 screenshot I got at the moment http://i.imgur.com/bJcsE.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/Rx2lM.jpg <- the awesome warp bubble from the Engine, sadly there is a visible line where the texture meets it's self.

2. I believe that is a glitch with the Omega impulse trail, it's supposed to be behind but seems to glitch in-front.(The Borg engine had a similar issue when it first came out).

Hope that is helpful.
    edited January 2012
    RAJ_2011 wrote:
    the sovy saucer needs to be a wider and the nacelles need to be higher and not hiding behind the saucer itself. As well the front red part of the nacelles needs to move around like in the movies.

Plus the engineering section needs to be wider to.

If you look at the ship from the side, the nacelles actually are just above the saucer as they should be. STO has a weird camera perspective that makes stuff near the viewpoint weirdly big, which hides the nacelles when you view the ship from the front.

Personally, I'd like at least an option for a more 'normal' camera perspective, such as the one from Bridge Commander.
    edited January 2012
    MarcW wrote:
    If you look at the ship from the side, the nacelles actually are just above the saucer as they should be. STO has a weird camera perspective that makes stuff near the viewpoint weirdly big, which hides the nacelles when you view the ship from the front.

Personally, I'd like at least an option for a more 'normal' camera perspective, such as the one from Bridge Commander.

true, latley i have noticed that to. BC what a game! :D Would love to see the nemeis sovy in game. All lately i have noticed that the sovy is a bit wider than she is in the game. They need to sort out the camera angles. Also the Definat I think needs to be smaller and the runabouts and shuttles.
    edited January 2012
    RAJ_2011 wrote:
    They need to sort out the camera angles. Also the Definat I think needs to be smaller and the runabouts and shuttles.

Check this thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=173971
    edited January 2012
    Still waiting for the spot light to highlight the Defiant's name. :/
    edited January 2012

ya I saw that, I know there are many inconsistences witht he defiant.
    edited January 2012
    Have there been any updates on centering the Galaxy X (Galaxy skin's) main cannon? It's off center. Also, the Venture Saucer is missing windows on the bottom of the saucer - an entire section's worth.
    edited January 2012
    jer5488 wrote: »
    Have there been any updates on centering the Galaxy X (Galaxy skin's) main cannon? It's off center. Also, the Venture Saucer is missing windows on the bottom of the saucer - an entire section's worth.

This to, the colour theme on the soverign class is wrong! They should look like in my signture.

And the phaser array beams should be thinner like how they look like with the retrofit phaser array beambut single beam ot double and the phaser beam.
    edited January 2012
    RAJ_2011 wrote:
    ya I saw that, I know there are many inconsistences witht he defiant.

That thread is mostly addressing scale issues.
    edited January 2012
    That thread is mostly addressing scale issues.

ya that is what I am talking about.

I also some the windows are not in their right positions and some are missing.
    edited January 2012
    the thread title also says "Issues and Feedback" so I'll put it here

They need to change the bridge of the Sao Paulo, the position of the Phaser arrays causes the name to be squished very... badly, its ugly.
    edited January 2012
    Tuskin wrote:
    the thread title also says "Issues and Feedback" so I'll put it here

They need to change the bridge of the Sao Paulo, the position of the Phaser arrays causes the name to be squished very... badly, its ugly.

Which is the sao paolo (class)?
This discussion has been closed.