test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starships: Model errors, issues and feedback

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Koppenflak wrote:
    They aren't my images - I was commenting on those posted by someone else.

Okay so they're not your images but i was commenting on your comments!

Anyway back on topic, the engineering section of the assult cruiser looks like it has had Lipo sucksion (spelling) lol.
    edited September 2011
    The Decals at the Warpnacelles on the Intrepid-Class, are not correct. On the bottom of the Nacelles is the Reg Number missing, the stripe on the top is to short.
    Look at this:
    voyagerbprint.jpg

One of the best Blueprints I found.

Sorry for my bad english.

Greets
    edited September 2011
    The Decals at the Warpnacelles on the Intrepid-Class, are not correct. On the bottom of the Nacelles is the Reg Number missing, the stripe on the top is to short.
    Look at this:

Greets

Unfortunately we can only use canonical source material (ie film and television screen time), otherwise we would have every Tom TRIBBLE and Harry's rendering with which to contend.
    edited September 2011
    Look at this:

Greets

Gilso's schematics are nice, luckily for us though, there are actual renders of the CGI model used for the show in heavy circulation on the internet.

I still hope CapnLogan gets his intern to help him go though 'all' of the ships in the game currently and get all the issues fixed.
    edited September 2011
    Suricata wrote: »
    Gilso's schematics are nice, luckily for us though, there are actual renders of the CGI model used for the show in heavy circulation on the internet.

I still hope CapnLogan gets his intern to help him go though 'all' of the ships in the game currently and get all the issues fixed.

One might imagine that in a perfect world,, the Sovereign will have her stripes, fans will get the Vesta, the Ambassador class will be launched and offered at both T3 and T5, the Odyssey will be released with a single neck variation,

...And Captain Logan will be seated upon a cushy office chair in fine silks as a thousand render-monkeys do his bidding... As Wishstone hand feeds him grapes.

...All this will happen in a 4-week period, beginning with the launch of FE4.
    edited September 2011
    One can dream, o yes, one can dream :)
    edited September 2011
    Koppenflak wrote:
    One might imagine that in a perfect world,, the Sovereign will have her stripes, fans will get the Vesta, the Ambassador class will be launched and offered at both T3 and T5, the Odyssey will be released with a single neck variation,

...And Captain Logan will be seated upon a cushy office chair in fine silks as a thousand render-monkeys do his bidding... As Wishstone hand feeds him grapes.

...All this will happen in a 4-week period, beginning with the launch of FE4.

Next best thing is to just send him beer. I can't remember which one he likes, though, I'd have to go back to the website I used to buy them for him to find out. :3 Capn' needs moar bier!
    edited September 2011
    I'm not sure if this is a graphical bug or an art issue (so I'm posting here)- but it's probably been noted before.

Uh... Whenever I run into people flying Varanus in PVP, parts of the ship's superstructure repeatedly 'blink' out, then back in.

I'll try and get a screenshot the next time it happens, but it's really weird looking.
    edited September 2011
      K't'inga
    • Geo error dorsal starboard side of neck base

I can confirm this error was fixed in Monday's Tribble patch. The model looks more symmetrical as a result. But that is the only change made thus far to the model. I can also confirm that all K't'inga and K'tinga variants have access to Type 2 windows on Tribble and Holodeck. These are horizontal and only upon the command pod (saucer) and look awesome on the K't'inga Refit. Not so much on the canon K't'inga (my opinion). Our notes suggest vertical windows for the canon K't'inga. This isn't really the case for the TMP or Kronos One variant (which is linked on page 1). Just more detailed rows of round windows is what I'm seeing. Does anyone concur?

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tmphd/tmphd0062.jpg

There were other discrepancies I noted tonight on Tribble. Related to the Ship Tailor customizations. Those are posted with the Tribble notes for September 12. I don't think we need that here - yet.
    edited September 2011
    Azurian wrote: »
    Also, the Prometheus still needs another revamp.
    Signed, the lower hull geometry is really disturbing during warp out when you see the incorrect lower aft hull.
    edited September 2011
    K'T'inga glowy parts still get invisible if you get close to the ship
    pics taken with view distance set to 25%

FAR: http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/bio2d03o/GameClient2011091317400137.jpg
    NEAR: http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/yvgqsm0b/GameClient2011091317400253.jpg
    edited September 2011
    The defiant's lights are still bugged- are we ever going to see a fix for this?
    edited September 2011
    Logan's schedule is pretty well stacked with KDF releases and work, judging by his comments on the "What are the devs working on?" thread.

I don't believe he's planning many Federation updates for a while, as he has stated that for every change or fix he implements, something else must be pushed back.
    edited September 2011
    Kerrus wrote: »
    The defiant's lights are still bugged- are we ever going to see a fix for this?

I hope in the DS9 FEs. But addition to the general OP listing of the T4/T5 Defiant and apologies in advance for any redundant info:

- The aft port running lights on both the dorsal & ventral sides should be red instead of green ("Port wine is red")

- The fore ventral lights where the deflector meets the hull should be moved much closer inward next to the piping

- There are 2 large windows missing on the faces of the sharp, angular sections of the keel on both sides (right now they look like phhaser strips or vents and too high) These angular sections should also be moved aft/redesigned with the nacelles

- Warp flashes shouldn't emit from the sides of the closed nacelles

- The Gallant/vigilant fore ventral running light on the deflector housing should be white instead of red, or removed

EDIT: Added some formatting
    edited September 2011
      K't'inga
    • Geo error dorsal starboard side of neck base

I can confirm this error was fixed in Monday's Tribble patch. The model looks more symmetrical as a result. But that is the only change made thus far to the model. I can also confirm that all K't'inga and K'tinga variants have access to Type 2 windows on Tribble and Holodeck. These are horizontal and only upon the command pod (saucer) and look awesome on the K't'inga Refit. Not so much on the canon K't'inga (my opinion). Our notes suggest vertical windows for the canon K't'inga. This isn't really the case for the TMP or Kronos One variant (which is linked on page 1). Just more detailed rows of round windows is what I'm seeing. Does anyone concur?

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tmphd/tmphd0062.jpg

There were other discrepancies I noted tonight on Tribble. Related to the Ship Tailor customizations. Those are posted with the Tribble notes for September 12. I don't think we need that here - yet.

Thanks for the update and for pointing out my mistake with the windows. :) I've used part of the image you provided for the missing rows of windows. :)
    Z3R0B4NG wrote: »

Perhaps that is an issue with your system? What video card do you use?

Is anyone else seeing this error?
    milamber3 wrote: »
    I hope in the DS9 FEs. But addition to the general OP listing of the T4/T5 Defiant and apologies in advance for any redundant info:

- The aft port running lights on both the dorsal & ventral sides should be red instead of green ("Port wine is red")
    - The fore ventral lights where the deflector meets the hull should be moved much closer inward next to the piping
    - There are 2 large windows missing on the faces of the sharp, angular sections of the keel on both sides (right now they look like phhaser strips or vents and too high) These angular sections should also be moved aft/redesigned with the nacelles
    - Warp flashes shouldn't emit from the sides of the closed nacelles
    - The Gallant/vigilant fore ventral running light on the deflector housing should be white instead of red, or removed

Thank you for the very orderly set up of your message. :) I've added your issues as a link to your post. I've also removed one of the two dorsal name light entries, as I had accidentally entered it twice.
    edited September 2011
    Perhaps that is an issue with your system? What video card do you use?

Is anyone else seeing this error?

Yes, constantly.
    I'm playing on two different computers with two entirely different performance setups and the error persists.
    I also asked a friend of mine ot check, he confirms he has it as well even though he's got all settings (icluding visual distance) at max.
    The error came one day with a patch severak months ago and remained.
    edited September 2011
    Z3R0B4NG wrote: »

The is a fix for the K'tinga in the current Tribble patch notes "Cleared up some FX issues with the NPC and Player K’tinga ship costume", it could be the fix for this. http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=231531
    edited September 2011
    The is a fix for the K'tinga in the current Tribble patch notes "Cleared up some FX issues with the NPC and Player K’tinga ship costume", it could be the fix for this. http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=231531

Let's hope it fixes that. If so, can someone go onto tribble and check? Also, check to see if what I'm seeing in that distance screenshot is correct: Does the K't'inga have inboard nacelle glows, now?
    edited September 2011
    No. Only the NPC's have had the glowing details from a distance. Not up close. And player's of the K't'inga have been envious about it for a while now. As we never had the glowing effect at all. This has been a problem for a while now. Which some of us have reiterated in the Tribble forum for good measure. The patch really only fixed the distortion that I related. Which might not seem as important as the lighting issue for some. But, IMO, it is still progress.
    edited September 2011
    No. Only the NPC's have had the glowing details from a distance. Not up close. And player's of the K't'inga have been envious about it for a while now. As we never had the glowing effect at all. This has been a problem for a while now. Which some of us have reiterated in the Tribble forum for good measure. The patch really only fixed the distortion that I related. Which might not seem as important as the lighting issue for some. But, IMO, it is still progress.

I went over a few of the different K't'inga pictures and saw that only some of them had the glowing nacelle grilles. Others had completely opaque nacelles. I'm thinking that the glowing grilles should probably be added only to certain K't'inga costumes, like Qo'noS / Kronos 1.
    edited September 2011
    Thank you for the very orderly set up of your message. :) I've added your issues as a link to your post. I've also removed one of the two dorsal name light entries, as I had accidentally entered it twice.

Glad to help :) I edited to add some formatting.
    edited September 2011
    Thought I'd mention a couple things. First, I noticed playing through "War Is Good For Business" that you can see these lights in space following the Ferengi ship around. I believe this has been mentioned in this thread for other ships as well (including a post by me mentioning it for the Rommie/Reman BoPs). Sorry about the size, I couldn't get a whole lot closer.

ImpulseLightsFerengi.jpg

Also, I've mentioned the red Federation insignia on the NX-01 in the past. However, I've noticed also that the bridge is this bright, Texas Longhorns-burnt orange color, and it's REALLY noticeable. The one in the show, however, isn't.

NX01issues.jpg
    edited September 2011
    I went over a few of the different K't'inga pictures and saw that only some of them had the glowing nacelle grilles. Others had completely opaque nacelles. I'm thinking that the glowing grilles should probably be added only to certain K't'inga costumes, like Qo'noS / Kronos 1.

As far as the movie productions were concerned, they really were the same model. With these distinctions:
    • K't'inga (in The Motion Picture) sported the red collector up top the engineering hull. Unlit nacelles.
    • Kronos One sported the inner, green illumination of the nacelles. It does sport the red collector upon initial approach of the Enterprise. But not during the threat of combat and Enterprise's surrender. It's hull displays a unique, red paint job across the armor plating. The House of Makok (of which, in soft canon, Chancellor's Gorkon & Azetbur were a part) emblem on the nacelle struts. Along with a unique name implying flagship status at that time.
    • Then we saw K't'inga again via CGI in both DS9 and Voyager. Most showings displayed the lit nacelles.
    What we see in-game is a single K't'inga model sporting combined lighting schemes. IMO, that's not a horrible thing. I was hopeful the lighting schemes would be resolved later via the Material customizations. Just like deflectors are now. Maybe some player don't want the lighting scheme at all. While others want all of the above. :)
    edited September 2011
    As far as the movie productions were concerned, they really were the same model. With these distinctions:
    • K't'inga (in The Motion Picture) sported the red collector up top the engineering hull. Unlit nacelles.
    • Kronos One sported the inner, green illumination of the nacelles. And no red collector up top. But did sport a unique, red paint job across the armor plating. The House of Makok (of which, in soft canon, Chancellor's Gorkon & Azetbur were a part) emblem on the nacelle struts. Along with a unique name implying flagship status at that time.
    • Then we saw K't'inga again via CGI in both DS9 and Voyager. Most showings displayed the lit nacelles.
    What we see in-game is a single K't'inga model sporting combined lighting schemes. IMO, that's not a horrible thing. I was hopeful the lighting schemes would be resolved later via the Material customizations. Just like deflectors are now. Maybe some player don't want the lighting scheme at all. While others want all of the above. :)

I've added this post as a link in the K't'inga section. :)
    edited September 2011
    well if the sovereign has not been remade yet i would like to point out the bridge and deck area are incorrect the bridge needs to be moved forward. Here are what it has to look like http://i.imgur.com/kwO8T.jpg and here is what it looks like now (the wrong way) http://i.imgur.com/Foyk9.jpg .i really hope the sov get remodeled soon.
    edited September 2011
    x-prise wrote:
    well if the sovereign has not been remade yet i would like to point out the bridge and deck area are incorrect the bridge needs to be moved forward. Here are what it has to look like http://i.imgur.com/kwO8T.jpg and here is what it looks like now (the wrong way) http://i.imgur.com/Foyk9.jpg .i really hope the sov get remodeled soon.

I know she really needs to be re done, im surprised that they are not using the nemesis design in game? And the diamensions (spellign) of the sovereign does not look right, to me the nacelles are sticking out to far and are definatly to low and need to be rised. The saucer looks to narrow and needs to be wider but still look elogated. The engineering section is to thin and needs to be a little thicker. There is more i want to say but cba atm. There is alot the needs sorting out on the sovereign class.
    edited September 2011
    The windows under the saucer section of the Venture class are not the same on either side. The ring does not go all the way around. I think it would look better if the window paneling was shortened to match the short side.

Also the right nacelle's decal is floating a bit.
    edited September 2011
    Hey Logan, this is a question of curiosity more than a request... But when the Odyssey class is rolled out, is Material 6 going to be available to the other ships in the game?
    edited September 2011
    Koppenflak wrote:
    Hey Logan, this is a question of curiosity more than a request... But when the Odyssey class is rolled out, is Material 6 going to be available to the other ships in the game?

Best place ask Capnlogn question would be in the "want to see what the devs..." thread in the sto discussion. Thats how i managed to find out the he will be doing to sovereign class upgrades or whatever to it late dow the road which personally does not make sense since he stated the the new odyssey skin will be avaiable to other ships would include sovys. :confused:
    edited September 2011
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but the Nebula Refit when you have things like the borg engines or the aegis engines have steams come out (Where I think the impulse engines should be) of the saucer where no graphics exist for the engine. The streams just come right out of the saucer.

Just something I noticed after picking up my Nebula this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.