test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starships: Model errors, issues and feedback

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Kahn wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but the Nebula Refit when you have things like the borg engines or the aegis engines have steams come out (Where I think the impulse engines should be) of the saucer where no graphics exist for the engine. The streams just come right out of the saucer.

Just something I noticed after picking up my Nebula this weekend.

This is probably by design. The Nebula class doesn't have visible impulse engines in canon, but the devs probably wanted the Borg/Aegis effects to be visible even on the Nebula, so they mounted an area for impulse effects to come from, but disabled the standard trails.
    edited September 2011
    Would be good if they devs add the option for us to disable and enable the impluse/warp trails.
    edited September 2011
    This is probably by design. The Nebula class doesn't have visible impulse engines in canon, but the devs probably wanted the Borg/Aegis effects to be visible even on the Nebula, so they mounted an area for impulse effects to come from, but disabled the standard trails.

I'll be darned, it doesn't. I looked at a few pictures of it, and indeed there are no impulse engines.

Touche Cryptic! Perhaps it would be more canon to have the trail come out the warp nacelles?

Nebula Memory Alpha
    edited September 2011
    I was hoping that the Magellan saucer (for the T5 Nebula) would one day sport lit impulse engines. So as to give the two choices further distinction. And if a T3.5 is destined for Nebula, I'd like it to use the same Magellan saucer. It would tie things together rather nicely, I thought.
    edited September 2011
    I never noticed the lack of Impulse engines on the Nebula.
    So the Saucer section isn't the same as the one used for the Galaxy.
    edited September 2011
    What are the chances that they are not going to fix or improve the sto ships so they are can as possible and there abilities. Didn't have this problem with other star trek games e.g. Bridge Commander. From a look of things this has been going on for since the beginning and to me it looks like that most of the things done shows to me that they can't be asked to finish off the work. Wouldn't it be easier to sort out all the ships than release them instead of doing them one at a time. :(
    edited September 2011
    Sophia wrote:
    I never noticed the lack of Impulse engines on the Nebula.
    So the Saucer section isn't the same as the one used for the Galaxy.

Likely an oversight on the people who built the original model of the Nebula, but yes, you would think it logical to use the same impulse layout on the dish when the hull clearly has none!

It's a decent example of why kitbashes aren't the wisest of ideas.
    edited September 2011
    Koppenflak wrote:
    Likely an oversight on the people who built the original model of the Nebula, but yes, you would think it logical to use the same impulse layout on the dish when the hull clearly has none!

It's a decent example of why kitbashes aren't the wisest of ideas.

There nothing really wrong with kitbashes as long it has been thought out properly.
    edited September 2011
    RAJ_2011 wrote:
    i found this, i think the bottom picture is what the E is supposed to look like at the end of nemesis, the sovy refit.

http://johneaves.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/the-evolutions-of-the-uss-midway-cv-41-and-the-uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-e/#000015

http://johneaves.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/the-evolutions-of-the-uss-midway-cv-41-and-the-uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-e/final-e-small/

Maybe the developers could make this sovy refit and add it into the game.

Really great sources ! :D

I found an other issue on the current Sovereign Model:
    http://imgur.com/zOkmH

It looks, that the Hull is broken :)
    edited September 2011
    Kritze wrote: »
    Really great sources ! :D

I found an other issue on the current Sovereign Model:
    http://imgur.com/zOkmH

It looks, that the Hull is broken :)

Ya i know lol. Also where the forward torpdeo tubes are under the deflector dish why does it look like that, really.

It would be soo great if they decide to added the final phase refit of the sovereign class as it canon but thanks to the who kept changing the script decided not tadd it in but luckly they left an open ending so might be possible to see it on the big screen, wish they did anyway for nemesis and have it as a deleted scene :mad:.
    edited September 2011
    RAJ_2011 wrote:
    Ya i know lol. Also where the forward torpdeo tubes are under the deflector dish why does it look like that, really.

It would be soo great if they decide to added the final phase refit of the sovereign class as it canon but thanks to the who kept changing the script decided not tadd it in but luckly they left an open ending so might be possible to see it on the big screen, wish they did anyway for nemesis and have it as a deleted scene :mad:.

you mean this one?
    http://johneaves.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/the-evolutions-of-the-uss-midway-cv-41-and-the-uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-e/final-e-small/
    edited September 2011
    edited September 2011
    I noticed last night that when you rejoin the saucer section to the engineering section using the venture skin, everythings fine until it goes to reconnect. The animation is fine but the saucer shows up as the standard galaxy design and NOT the venture, then when it connects the model switches back to the full venture skin.

Kind of annoying lol.
    edited September 2011
    Tim3822 wrote: »
    I noticed last night that when you rejoin the saucer section to the engineering section using the venture skin, everythings fine until it goes to reconnect. The animation is fine but the saucer shows up as the standard galaxy design and NOT the venture, then when it connects the model switches back to the full venture skin.

Kind of annoying lol.

Yeah sadly that is a technical limitation that both the Galaxy Retrofit and MVAM Promy have :(
    edited September 2011
    Kritze wrote: »

What do you think about that refit?

also i ahve noticed that also not only are the sovereign class nacelles are low but also on my exclesior and all my ships have that red glow underneath when i'm using ful impluse, I thought it was fixed?
    edited October 2011
    Hello all since its been a while and this thread is still going hopefully CaptnLogan is still watching this thread.

I haven't really seen new changes to the Sovy lately. To bad that that cryptic won't have help from us fans to help with the ships they currently have I would defenently help to have the sovy redone.

The Post That RAJ has post was suppost to be the Actual Refit for the Enterprise E but never showed in the film due to the budget. Other than that that will be great look for the latest look for the Sovy if Logon goes far perhaps we could have 2 versions of the Sovy one refit and one origional seen in First Contact and Insurrection.
    edited October 2011
    Celiea wrote:
    Hello all since its been a while and this thread is still going hopefully CaptnLogan is still watching this thread.

I haven't really seen new changes to the Sovy lately. To bad that that cryptic won't have help from us fans to help with the ships they currently have I would defenently help to have the sovy redone.

Well anyways I have found some schematics drawn from John Eves himself for the Nemesis Movie that was never shown in the movie due to the budget like they did with the warp core ejection scene. The new schematics were made for after the Enterprise was refitted at space dock at the end of the movie.

If Logan is planning to remodel the Sovy I hope he will look into this schematic of the new refit version maybe have 2 skins for the sovy before the refit like in insurrection or First Contact and the refit version for Nemesis like they did with the Excelsior.

Heres the refit schematics btw.

http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/final-e-small.jpg

LMAO your jsut reposting what i mentioned several times and also posted about half a dozen times and well as other people have. Clearly you haven't bothered to read any of the posts but I 100% agree with you this is canon and needs to be in star trek and in sto.

Back on topic - Are they going to re-size the ships? moslty some of them if not all are too small or too big compared to each other e.g. sovereign class, definat, excelsoir, galaxy etc adn the windows layout?
    edited October 2011
    RAJ_2011 wrote:
    LMAO your jsut reposting what i mentioned several times and also posted about half a dozen times and well as other people have. Clearly you haven't bothered to read any of the posts but I 100% agree with you this is canon and needs to be in star trek and in sto.

Back on topic - Are they going to re-size the ships? moslty some of them if not all are too small or too big compared to each other e.g. sovereign class, definat, excelsoir, galaxy etc adn the windows layout?

Well to reply to your Post RAJ yea I didn't see that post my fault I have changed the post since RAJ has originaly posted the same pic I did before.
    edited October 2011
    Celiea wrote:
    Well to reply to your Post RAJ yea I didn't see that post my fault I have changed the post since RAJ has originaly posted the same pic I did before.

LMAO your forgetting a few people in there. :p
    edited October 2011
    i got a link to the sovereign spec if cpt logan is redoing the sovereign. http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=2890 hope it helps ;)
    edited October 2011
    x-prise wrote:
    i got a link to the sovereign spec if cpt logan is redoing the sovereign. http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=2890 hope it helps ;)

You mean this one right? :D Appereantly that the nemesis sov if actually the half done refit, they were going to comeplete it at the end of nemesis and show her leaving spacedock. :mad::(

http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/final-e-small.jpg
    edited October 2011
    I'd love to see Drexler render that, because frankly? I can't tell what they changed and what they haven't. :/
    edited October 2011
    Sprint01 wrote:
    I'd love to see Drexler render that, because frankly? I can't tell what they changed and what they haven't. :/

Which ship are you talking about? :confused:
    edited October 2011
    This thread makes me happy in many places. Perhaps too many. :eek:

Nice work AngelSilhouette. :D
    edited October 2011
    I am still begging for a Negh'var revamp, that ship is sooooooo overdue for a touch up. Like really, its the iconic big Klingon cruiser and its just shaped wrongly in some areas, is lacking details.. and certain parts need to be redone. it really is in need of some love.
    edited October 2011
    Just remember that on the sovereign class (AC) where the deflector dish is, it shouldn't be that bright! Well the dish only should be yellow/gold but not the silver part above the dish which connects with captain's yacht/quantum torpedo launcher.
    edited October 2011
    -Jes- wrote:
    This thread makes me happy in many places. Perhaps too many. :eek:

Nice work AngelSilhouette. :D

Jes! ^.^ It's great to see you back! :D

I'd totally hand you the keys, but... I'm kinda wired in. :3
    edited October 2011
    Jes! ^.^ It's great to see you back! :D

I'd totally hand you the keys, but... I'm kinda wired in. :3

LOL, I've been around for the last month or so. :D
    I did get an overhaul of the old OP done last year, but that was after my account ran out. Couldn't post then.
    Didn't have the time to pop back on, nor the economic flexibility, so it ended up on the backburner.. And well, here I am.

Besides, looks like you've got things well under control. Great thread. :D
    edited October 2011
    -Jes- wrote:
    LOL, I've been around for the last month or so. :D
    I did get an overhaul of the old OP done last year, but that was after my account ran out. Couldn't post then.
    Didn't have the time to pop back on, nor the economic flexibility, so it ended up on the backburner.. And well, here I am.

Besides, looks like you've got things well under control. Great thread. :D

TYVM :D

If only I'd predicted larger space requirements and reserved more threads on the first page. :p
    edited October 2011
    has anyone ever considered doing separate threads for each of the ships?

I'm just thinking that it would be more effective if, we could feedback with the devs in a more organized and easy to update manner, for each individual ship. it will let them find a specific ship, see its posted issues, and maybe make a list to fix them with.
This discussion has been closed.