:D

:eek: that is hawt!
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:
    forgot to update the thread but i fixed this:
    Prometheus: Lower hull side by side STO vs Canon

for Alexraptor.

Sorry for not dropping in here more often... but I'm in the process of making some new variants and when I do so, I'm gonna try to check this page and do a few fixes if I come across one that needs it.

I won't be able to address EVERY issue on the front page, but if it's something that I can do reasonably quickly and without breaking any of our rules I'll surely do it. If I can afford the time, of course.

1 man team now... makes things really hard for me.

Also I wanted to drop some concept sketches I'm working on.
    voyager_1.jpg

Love it, looking forward to seeing the Secondary Hull & Nacelles for that puppy.

But..

I am disappoint.

I was hoping the highest-priority ones (understand, not meaning most of them, but the ones that would come out first) were for the KDF ships that currently lack any variants.

Besides, doesn't the Intrepid already have three full variants? Wouldn't giving the T5 Galaxy & Nebula another (third) variant make more sense?
    edited July 2011
    Katic wrote: »
    Love it, looking forward to seeing the Secondary Hull & Nacelles for that puppy.

But..

I am disappoint.

I was hoping the highest-priority ones (understand, not meaning most of them, but the ones that would come out first) were for the KDF ships that currently lack any variants.

Besides, doesn't the Intrepid already have three full variants? Wouldn't giving the T5 Galaxy & Nebula another (third) variant make more sense?

LOL don't worry I'm doing KDF variants too :) Two have been leaked already...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHPgFAtfbcQ&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

as well as a tier 2 bop called the M'Char that was leaked but I can't find any images of it.
    edited July 2011
    That does look nice! It shares some similarities with the Comet saucer, if you don't mind my saying so (I really like the Comet saucer).

Buuuut I'm hoping for some Nebula variants too ;P And the D'Kyr sure could use some as well... just like the Excelsior. Gimme gimme gimme! :cool:
    edited July 2011
    wooohooo concept art!

can't get enough of it!

will be directly assimilated into my small collection -> https://picasaweb.google.com/Z3R0B4NG/StarTrekOnlineArtwork

i bet you guys sit on a gold mine of unreleased Artwork... :o
    edited July 2011
    Just a quick issue - the Nomad Star Cruiser dual impulse engines don't light up properly when I use my impulse engines. Typically only one of them lights up extra (i.e. has a slightly brighter halo than the other - both have brighter trails). It gives the appearance that only one impulse engine is actually being used and the other is there just for show.

If any additional info is needed to help track this down, please send me a PM. Thanks!
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:
    voyager_1.jpg

Looks like a new variant coming for the Intrepid/Discovery/Cochrane combo. Saucer looks like it's moving towards a Enterprise-J style.

Any chance for fixing the ventral saucer of the Intrepid if you are indeed working on additional variants for the ship?
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:
    LOL don't worry I'm doing KDF variants too :) Two have been leaked already...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHPgFAtfbcQ&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

as well as a tier 2 bop called the M'Char that was leaked but I can't find any images of it.

Ah.. But the B'Rel already has a variant, the Koloth. And while the M'Char is a step in the right direction (I've seen it via the Tribble Leak), it's not what I was referring to.

I'm asking about variants for the K'Tanco Battle Cruiser, the Somraw Raptor, the Norgh BoP, the Qorgh Raptor, the Ki'Tang BoP & the Pach Raptor.

I understand you're going solo there, so only getting a few of them would be understandable, but ships that already have variants should be at the end of the list.
    edited July 2011
    Just a quick issue - the Nomad Star Cruiser dual impulse engines don't light up properly when I use my impulse engines. Typically only one of them lights up extra (i.e. has a slightly brighter halo than the other - both have brighter trails). It gives the appearance that only one impulse engine is actually being used and the other is there just for show.

If any additional info is needed to help track this down, please send me a PM. Thanks!

I have this same issue.. On the NX starter ship.
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:

for Alexraptor.

Sorry for not dropping in here more often... but I'm in the process of making some new variants and when I do so, I'm gonna try to check this page and do a few fixes if I come across one that needs it.

I won't be able to address EVERY issue on the front page, but if it's something that I can do reasonably quickly and without breaking any of our rules I'll surely do it. If I can afford the time, of course.

voyager_1.jpg

Not a bad saucer design at all, a bit wonky. But its better than the other 2 current Intrepid variants for sure and I would love to see it in game. Bug the team to get you another guy on your team, theres multiple character artists, should be the same for ships.
    edited July 2011
    Morgomir wrote: »
    Not a bad saucer design at all, a bit wonky. But its better than the other 2 current Intrepid variants for sure and I would love to see it in game. Bug the team to get you another guy on your team, theres multiple character artists, should be the same for ships.

Aaaaaagreed I need another artist badly.. working on that. Yes this sketch is wonky... the model will be clean and orderly sir.
    edited July 2011
    Ah.. But the B'Rel already has a variant, the Koloth. And while the M'Char is a step in the right direction (I've seen it via the Tribble Leak), it's not what I was referring to.

I'm asking about variants for the K'Tanco Battle Cruiser, the Somraw Raptor, the Norgh BoP, the Qorgh Raptor, the Ki'Tang BoP & the Pach Raptor.

I understand you're going solo there, so only getting a few of them would be understandable, but ships that already have variants should be at the end of the list.

Aye... just because it was only these that leaked doesn' mean more aren't in works. Much needed ones.
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:

for Alexraptor.

voyager_1.jpg

awesome.. one thing... i would add a phaser strip to the nose just below (for optimal fire line of sight) or above... the secondary deflector housing.
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:
    Aaaaaagreed I need another artist badly.. working on that. Yes this sketch is wonky... the model will be clean and orderly sir.

http://bc-central.com / http://bridgecommander.filefront.com

Plenty of talented modellers around in the Bridge Commander community. I'm sure you'd find plenty of people willing to work on STO (in fact, I know several of them actively play the game). Depends on if Cryptic are willing to hire "talented ship modellers" to join your 1-man team ;)
    wfs5519 wrote: »
    awesome.. one thing... i would add a phaser strip to the nose just below (for optimal fire line of sight) or above... the secondary deflector housing.

Not sure if needed. After all, phasers tend to have a relatively high firing arc, and Voyager only had the two phasers on the dorsal (upper) side of the saucer. What I would do however, would be to remove the "blocky" bridge "cake" on top of the saucer, and replace it with one that looks closer to the Intrepid. Starfleet ships tend to have fairly smooth lines.
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:

Wiexelman is looking for modeling look if you're interested. (Aka: Fuzzy) He's pretty insane with how detail-oriented he gets. He'd love to help out.
    edited July 2011
    Hey CapnLogan, don't know if you've heard about it, but the Intrepid still has an extra set of engines to the left of it that follow it around. If you need a visual, jump on holodeck and equip a breen engine. It also appears when you warp out. I submitted a bug report on it about 5 min after the breen engines were released, but its still there.
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:

for Alexraptor.

voyager_1.jpg

Love it! Plus I have a character that uses the Intrepid Refit, so this is exciting!
    edited July 2011
    I have this same issue.. On the NX starter ship.

Yeah, I noticed it on a Klingon Raptor too. It seems every ship that has two impulse engines has this issue, so it may not be something so easily fixed. *shrug*
    edited July 2011

If you are referring to full impulse, it is an issue on every ship. One engine seems to get an extra glow while the other one does not. If you are using the mod that removes engine trails, it becomes even more obvious, as when you disable full impulse the glowy blob drops off of the impulse engine and is left behind.

Using evasive manoeuvres does something similar to full impulse in regards to adding an extra glow, but with evasive manoeuvres, the glow is applied to both impulse engines, as opposed to just one.

I believe with full impulse, the glow that is meant for the starboard engine and the port engine are both applied to a single engine.
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:

Thanks muchly. :) Removed from the front page. :)
    edited July 2011
    Thanks muchly. :) Removed from the front page. :)

I just noticed this when I pulled out the promy on tribble. It does look closer to the show version but I think it's still too flat, really needs more of a curve to it.

May be nitpicky but think it would look a bit better too.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5509/promycompare1.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7945/promycompare2.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6779/promycompare3.jpg

Underside Drawings
    http://www.starshipdatalink.net/art/images/dpc-6.gif

MSD:
    http://nigala.sector001.com/images/PrometheusMSD.JPG

Render from Gilso's ship schematics:
    http://www.strekschematics.utvinternet.com/shipgallery/shipgallery2/prometheus.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Is this linked in any way to the Voyager refit Mark Rademaker is doing also?

http://mark-rademaker.blogspot.com/2011/06/voyager-refit.html

Ie.. after Voyager comes home (spoilers lol!) it gets refit with fancy new tech.
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:

for Alexraptor.

voyager_1.jpg

Wow! I like!
    Any chance we can see the rest of the ship? nacelles, pylons, primary hull? I can't wait to mix it up!
    BTW, will you be giving the original intrepid model some lovin too? pleeeaaaase? :D
    edited July 2011
    Sorry to dig this up from the past, but is there any room to add the missing impulse vents on the Prometheus Beta and Gamma hulls? As we previously determined, they don't need to be lit up, but it's clear that those hulls are currently missing impulse engines.

Great to see that the engineering hull shape was fixed, by the way.

Also, I'd say that this part can be removed, since CapnLogan seems to have fixed the deflector area as well:
    "Area near main Deflector where Hull joins to Saucer is very strangely shaped. Should look more like Sovereign's. General Model inconsistency to Canon"
    MarcW wrote:
    Hey guys,

I've been doing a little digging and I've spotted quite a major problem with the Prometheus (MVAM-capable). She's missing the impulse engines on her Beta and Gamma (2nd and 3rd) hulls. Here are some images that show this.

Image 1: This is a screen capture from the episode of Voyager "Message In A Bottle" (the Prometheus one). I've pointed out the missing engine grills. Note that the glowing white engines at the edges of the saucer must be the saucer impulse engines (as you'll see in Image 3), but for some reason the graphic artists decided to make them blue/white. I think they should remain as they are in-game (red).
    http://i.imgur.com/vpoN1.jpg

Image 2: This image shows profile views of the starship when she is not separated. I've pointed out the three sets of impulse engines as they would appear in this configuration. I would suggest that only the saucer engines are operational when the ship is fully assembled.
    http://i.imgur.com/9VSds.jpg

Image 3: This image shows the saucer section (Alpha) only. As you can see, the blue/white parts must be the impulse engines, but they were in this strange colour in Voyager for some unknown reason. I've seen some unofficial blueprints that purport these to be warp engines, which is incorrect.
    http://i.imgur.com/AiFfd.jpg

Image 4: Beta (secondary) hull, also with labelled impulse engines. In-game, this section appears to have invisible impulse engines at the base of the nacelle pylons - clearly incorrect, as they should be where they are shown in this image. I've also pointed out where the ship's name and registry are shown on this hull (also missing from game).
    http://i.imgur.com/EsPAL.jpg

Image 5: Gamma (tertiary) hull, also with correct impulse engine location pointed out. Like the Beta hull, in-game there are invisible impulse engines at the nacelle pylon bases, which is incorrect.
    http://i.imgur.com/JOF6i.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I'm surprised that the Galaxy's lack of arboretum windows hasn't made the list yet.
    edited July 2011
    MarcW wrote:
    Sorry to dig this up from the past, but is there any room to add the missing impulse vents on the Prometheus Beta and Gamma hulls? As we previously determined, they don't need to be lit up, but it's clear that those hulls are currently missing impulse engines.

Great to see that the engineering hull shape was fixed, by the way.

Also, I'd say that this part can be removed, since CapnLogan seems to have fixed the deflector area as well:
    "Area near main Deflector where Hull joins to Saucer is very strangely shaped. Should look more like Sovereign's. General Model inconsistency to Canon"
    Originally Posted by MarcW
    Hey guys,

I've been doing a little digging and I've spotted quite a major problem with the Prometheus (MVAM-capable). She's missing the impulse engines on her Beta and Gamma (2nd and 3rd) hulls. Here are some images that show this.

Image 1: This is a screen capture from the episode of Voyager "Message In A Bottle" (the Prometheus one). I've pointed out the missing engine grills. Note that the glowing white engines at the edges of the saucer must be the saucer impulse engines (as you'll see in Image 3), but for some reason the graphic artists decided to make them blue/white. I think they should remain as they are in-game (red).
    http://i.imgur.com/vpoN1.jpg

Image 2: This image shows profile views of the starship when she is not separated. I've pointed out the three sets of impulse engines as they would appear in this configuration. I would suggest that only the saucer engines are operational when the ship is fully assembled.
    http://i.imgur.com/9VSds.jpg

Image 3: This image shows the saucer section (Alpha) only. As you can see, the blue/white parts must be the impulse engines, but they were in this strange colour in Voyager for some unknown reason. I've seen some unofficial blueprints that purport these to be warp engines, which is incorrect.
    http://i.imgur.com/AiFfd.jpg

Image 4: Beta (secondary) hull, also with labelled impulse engines. In-game, this section appears to have invisible impulse engines at the base of the nacelle pylons - clearly incorrect, as they should be where they are shown in this image. I've also pointed out where the ship's name and registry are shown on this hull (also missing from game).
    http://i.imgur.com/EsPAL.jpg

Image 5: Gamma (tertiary) hull, also with correct impulse engine location pointed out. Like the Beta hull, in-game there are invisible impulse engines at the nacelle pylon bases, which is incorrect.
    http://i.imgur.com/JOF6i.jpg

Criminy, I can't believe I missed that post. I've managed to clear a bit of space and cull enough from that quote to include it into the first page. Not sure how I did that, because I could have sworn that I was right AT the limit when I tried adding info the other day.

I had always thought that the Beta and Gamma hulls had the same types of impulse exhausts as the Nebula's "Stealth Exhaust".
    edited July 2011
    CapnLogan wrote:
    Aye... just because it was only these that leaked doesn' mean more aren't in works. Much needed ones.

logan ive been trying to raise this for a long time now but it still hasnt been fixed. Any chance please the klingon logo can be fixed on all KDF ships ? currently (the best i can describe it) is the texture is corrupt yet if i look at my season 1 carrier the logo displays fine ? please logan it cant be that difficult to fix can it ?
    edited July 2011
    Galaxy-X Skin Distorted

I noticed that after the S4 patch the windows on the rear part of the lower hull of the Galaxy-X have been distorted. Not sure if that is also on the other Galaxy class ships. I tried changing the window types but it seems to be there for all variants.

http://twitpic.com/5pis8z/full
    edited July 2011
    Altexist wrote: »
    Galaxy-X Skin Distorted

I noticed that after the S4 patch the windows on the rear part of the lower hull of the Galaxy-X have been distorted. Not sure if that is also on the other Galaxy class ships. I tried changing the window types but it seems to be there for all variants.

http://twitpic.com/5pis8z/full

Added TY :)
    edited July 2011
    I found something else.

On the Galaxy-X (not sure about the Normal Galaxy) with borg shields, you get an odd glow on the bridge when you zoom out. but it goes away when you zoom in. this is new since S4 dropped….

http://twitpic.com/5plmfl/full
This discussion has been closed.