test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most hated Star Trek character

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I feel bad for Will Wheaton though. Imagine your this young actor and Gene Roddenberry and the other producers are telling you that your character will be an inpiration for all the children watching the show. Then a few week after the show airs your first hate letters start arriving. By the time the show is through your the most hated character on the show, and your hopelessly typecast to boot.

Yeah, would suck, but from what I understand he's got a sense of humor about it.
    edited July 2010
    My Top 3:
    3.) T'Pol
    2.) Neelix

and Nr. 1 is....

Wesley Crusher!
    edited July 2010
    I feel bad for Will Wheaton though. Imagine your this young actor and Gene Roddenberry and the other producers are telling you that your character will be an inpiration for all the children watching the show. Then a few week after the show airs your first hate letters start arriving. By the time the show is through your the most hated character on the show, and your hopelessly typecast to boot.

Yeah, would suck, but from what I understand he's got a sense of humor about it.

Will Wheaton has done alright though, he has an obsession about trolling sci-fi forums and has gained quite a reputation for it.
    He appears in shows like "Big bang theory" and the webshow "The guild" as reasonably funny characters.
    edited July 2010
    http://www.tvsquad.com/bloggers/wil-wheaton

Funny teardowns of the first half of Season 1 of TNG.
    edited July 2010
    William Riker

All he ever does is say Mmm Hmm. And "I'm not familiar with..." It's a wonder he ever made it through the Academy. Also, he looks into people mouths when they talk as if he's checking on their dentures. All in all he's what I would call a "mouth-breather"
    edited July 2010
    SporeLord wrote: »
    William Riker

All he ever does is say Mmm Hmm. And "I'm not familiar with..." It's a wonder he ever made it through the Academy. Also, he looks into people mouths when they talk as if he's checking on their dentures. All in all he's what I would call a "mouth-breather"

Riker is awesome though. Compared to the dullard that is Chakotay with all his pretend space Native American rubbish that needs what can only be described as a "speak'n'spell" to achieve enlightenment is complete cobblers. Such a wooden nauseating character.
    edited July 2010
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    Will Wheaton has done alright though, he has an obsession about trolling sci-fi forums and has gained quite a reputation for it.

if thats true then he must have come here at some point

one of us could be....wil wheaton

:eek:
    edited July 2010
    if thats true then he must have come here at some point

one of us could be....wil wheaton

:eek:

He's around somewhere you know it... I think i have even seen him trying to proposition level 1 characters in the tutorial to cybor
    edited July 2010
    Trelane. Hands down.

Basically a grown man who acts like a whiny child and has the powers of Q. Hard to top that for most annoying.
    edited July 2010
    Bah, even Will Wheaton hated Wesley Crusher.
    edited July 2010
    Trelane. Hands down.

Basically a grown man who acts like a whiny child and has the powers of Q. Hard to top that for most annoying.

I was more amused by the "Geek2geek" dating website adverts that displayed.
    edited July 2010
    Without thinking twice: Naomi Wildman !!!
    edited July 2010
    Z3R0B4NG wrote: »
    Without thinking twice: Naomi Wildman !!!

Oooh. I had forgotten about her. Yer she's pretty awful., but that goes without saying as all of the "child characters" in Star Trek are cringe worthy.

Another addition are the entire crew of the "Valiant" the Red Squad Defiant class vessel in DS9.
    edited July 2010
    Oooh. I had forgotten about her. Yer she's pretty awful., but that goes without saying as all of the "child characters" in Star Trek are cringe worthy.

Another addition are the entire crew of the "Valiant" the Red Squad Defiant class vessel in DS9.

I laughed my TRIBBLE off when they all died.
    edited July 2010
    I laughed my TRIBBLE off when they all died.

yep i hated them. shame that stupid girl lived at the end.

stupid girl: the captain was a great man

jake (or nog): he got everybody killed

LOL
    edited July 2010
    yep i hated them. shame that stupid girl lived at the end.

stupid girl: the captain was a great man

jake (or nog): he got everybody killed

LOL

Let us all laugh at their incompetence once more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg7_dnDx_l8
    edited July 2010
    I find Janeway to be the most annoying lady with that shrill voice...cant stand her...
    edited July 2010
    I find Chakotay pretty annoying.. with acoochi moya this.. and spirit guide that. bah!
    edited July 2010
    I find Janeway to be the most annoying lady with that shrill voice...cant stand her...

I used to think that early in the series. but after episodes like "The year of hell" she got points back. Although i still detest her everytime she goes into the holodeck wearing a period costume.
    edited July 2010
    Admiral Annoying right here.
    I suspected she might be the first changeling infiltrator, but even the Founders weren't that annoying.
    edited July 2010
    anyone list The Crusher child yet?

Yeah I really couldn't stand him. It's weird, in anime I can usually tolerate or even appreciate the young, inexperienced whinny boy pilot type character, but wesley crushers was just...... a tool.

I mean if you look at , say, Shinji from Eva, yeah, ok, he had it rough, you could see the tragedy in his character. Amaro Ray came from a dysfunctional family and was raised in his adolescence on a war ship all the while discovering that he had, like ESP or something and was the only competent pilot on the White Base, tell me with a straight face any one of us raised in a giant tube in space could handle that kinda pressure and not crack.

But now, despite their best efforts of trying to force us to have sympathy for wesley it only seemed to make me want to ring his neck that much more.

I mean dude, he fell in love with a shape shifter and just let her go! I mean she could turn into the woman (or man) or wesley's dreams! And he just let her go!

Then, to ad insult to injury they try to pass him off as this highly enlightened being who's reached the 9th level of warp nirvana or some TRIBBLE like that and he turns into a ray of light and flies away. Fine! Good riddance, you still suck wesley!

He could show up as a ray of like and save the planet from an invasion of evil, child molesting aliens from the 5th dimension and he's still suck. He sill always suck.
    edited July 2010
    Raso wrote:
    anyone list The Crusher child yet?

Yeah I really couldn't stand him. It's weird, in anime I can usually tolerate or even appreciate the young, inexperienced whinny boy pilot type character, but wesley crushers was just...... a tool.

I mean if you look at , say, Shinji from Eva, yeah, ok, he had it rough, you could see the tragedy in his character. Amaro Ray came from a dysfunctional family and was raised in his adolescence on a war ship all the while discovering that he had, like ESP or something and was the only competent pilot on the White Base, tell me with a straight face any one of us raised in a giant tube in space could handle that kinda pressure and not crack.

But now, despite their best efforts of trying to force us to have sympathy for wesley it only seemed to make me want to ring his neck that much more.

I mean dude, he fell in love with a shape shifter and just let her go! I mean she could turn into the woman (or man) or wesley's dreams! And he just let her go!

Then, to ad insult to injury they try to pass him off as this highly enlightened being who's reached the 9th level of warp nirvana or some TRIBBLE like that and he turns into a ray of light and flies away. Fine! Good riddance, you still suck wesley!

He could show up as a ray of like and save the planet from an invasion of evil, child molesting aliens from the 5th dimension and he's still suck. He sill always suck.

Haha you ramble badly. but yes.. everyone hates Wesley Crusher
    edited July 2010
    Haha you ramble badly.

That's because I'm enlightened... or did the P-sike say I was insane. Maybe both. Probably just insane though. It's all relative anyway.
    edited July 2010
    TOS: Those hippies looking for their "promised land"
    TNG: The guys that did the first season CG effects... gah my eyes! Actual character would be (besides Wesley) probably Lwaxana.
    DS9: Nog. I just wanted to punch that kid in the face everytime I saw him. Damar was close behind, until he finally grew a pair.
    VOY: TUVIX! Most transporter accidents result in piles of goo or ambient particles, both are preferable to Tuvix. That episode made me ever so nauseous...
    ENT: Riker in the last episode for un-doing in 1 episode the entire series.
    edited July 2010
    Kilain wrote: »
    ENT: Riker in the last episode for un-doing in 1 episode the entire series.

i might have misunderstood what you meant but you know the holodeck was just for that one episode. it was not suggesting the entire series was not real or it was all on the holdeck. just riker reliving its last mission like o'brien and bashir relive the battle of Britain or the Alamo.

now if you mean it ruined the show because the last episode was so bad then that is a different matter
    edited July 2010
    Tough choice between Tasha Yar and Wesley, But Wesley is the ultimate Victor.
    Wesley Should've died.
    edited July 2010
    i might have misunderstood what you meant but you know the holodeck was just for that one episode. it was not suggesting the entire series was not real or it was all on the holdeck. just riker reliving its last mission like o'brien and bashir relive the battle of Britain or the Alamo.

now if you mean it ruined the show because the last episode was so bad then that is a different matter

It was the nail in the coffin. They should've tried some other way to resolve it. Still makes me mad thinking about it.
    edited July 2010
    Admiral Nechayev and Kai Winn, but I think they're supposed to be hated.. Also Rom but not because I have anything against him but because at one stage I caught onto that "Hurr" thing he does all the time and I did it for a while when I spoke and people thought I wasn't all there.
    edited July 2010
    Admiral Nechayev and Kai Winn, but I think they're supposed to be hated.. Also Rom but not because I have anything against him but because at one stage I caught onto that "Hurr" thing he does all the time and I did it for a while when I spoke and people thought I wasn't all there.

Kai Winn is definitely supposed to be disliked. I think the actress who plays her is really good. I mean Gul Dukat is an amazingly evil person, but no-one ever actually "hates him" if you know what i mean.

Worf is an easily disliked character i think, but he's quite well written sometimes. Especially in the DS9 episode were they play baseball. I loved his random Klingon outbursts.

Nog: "What do I do?"
    Worf: "Find him and kill him!"

- Nog and Worf, upon realizing that the Logician runner didn't touch home plate
    edited July 2010
    Neelix and the Ocampa girlfriend, and Tasha Yar, and Seska. I despise all 4 equally.