test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most hated Star Trek character

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wesley, for a start. Isn't that a given though? ;P

Umm... and I really don't like Keiko O'Brien.
    edited July 2010
    Wesley is the obvious choice here, but I came to the point where I realized without him to hate so much I wouldn't have enjoyed TNG as much, really half the time I watched it was to bash on him and when he left for Starfleet Academy I had such conflicting emotions.

Seven, I hated seven as well but eventually got used to her. My mind did this Charlie Brown teacher thing whenever she spoke.
    "Seven! Did you steal the cookies from Nelix's cookie jar?!?"
    "Wuh wuh wuh wuuuhh wuh wuhhh wuh wuhh wuhh wuh!"
    "Go to your room right now Missy!"

Didn't like Odo at first, but I got used to him too when they changed him from a bitter annoying old-coot sounding guy into something somewhat closer to human.

I could save myself a lot of trouble and just say that Wes is the only one that I hated beyond redemption, everyone else I disliked rates as annoying but had their moments.
    edited July 2010
    im not sure it the best episode ever or anything but i liked it and it deals with those age old themes of what is life and the definition of sentience and free will. classic sci-fi

i am not familiar with that movie, but A.I. and artificial life are one of my fave topics.
    The struggle against machines is another. Ie Dune precursor novels. Terminator ( one and salvatin only, the other two should not have been made) and of course Aasimov's novels.
    But about that voyager episode, it was executed badly, and the torpedo was just not good.
    Janeway didnt handle the situation well at allm the crew had nothing to add. It was a great idea but it flopped.
    It wasnt my favorite episode, not my least fave either. I just really didnt like it. It was a rare trek tried too hard to deliver a message and bombed, plain and simple
    edited July 2010
    i am not familiar with that movie

and here you claim to be the guy who went to Pasadena Play house when My grand-father was there...

but then I thought it was a crappy Hippy Sci-Fi...with one one good part, Surfing to re-enter an Atmosphere.

(avatar comment: its too big it'll hurt...)

and I have noticed a theme...W.Crusher, D.Troi & Mom, DS9-all*, Voy-all*, Ent-all*

*all as in everyone hates at least one if not all i some way or another.

And besides William Alan Shatner who is annoyed by George Takei and vise versa seems the only universally loved crew is TOS
    edited July 2010
    and here you claim to be the guy who went to Pasadena Play house when My grand-father was there...

but then I thought it was a crappy Hippy Sci-Fi...with one one good part, Surfing to re-enter an Atmosphere.

(avatar comment: its too big it'll hurt...)

and I have noticed a theme...W.Crusher, D.Troi & Mom, DS9-all*, Voy-all*, Ent-all*

*all as in everyone hates at least one if not all i some way or another.

And besides William Alan Shatner who is annoyed by George Takei and vise versa seems the only universally loved crew is TOS

lol im not really William Shatner.

i think Wesley (fricken ) Crusher is the overall winner here.
    followed by the Troi wenchs
    and then voyager, then DS9

as to whether or not its too big........

i do think Sulu would smile at the attempt and the thought.
    edited December 2010
    I find Chakotay pretty annoying.. with acoochi moya this.. and spirit guide that. bah!

Well, there wasa reason for that. Robert Beltran Was delivered a Great Steaming Pile of Script and acted in the most stilted manner possible in a form of existential protest against the TRIBBLE he was forced to read
    edited December 2010
    Oh yea my first choice is clearly Wesley. There were days I wanted to reach into the TV and dog smack him into puberty. Second would be that Brunt, Brock, whoever, the ferengi from the FCA in DS9. Third would be Larren Ro. She whined too much. And fourth, Deanna Troi. Whined even more.
    edited December 2010
    After much consideration, is it just me or as TNG just not aged very well as time has gone on? I'm not sure what it is. I tend to think that the Cast were a bit too smug in the episodes.
    edited December 2010
    Janeway, though that's the fault of the writers more than Mulgrew herself. Not someone i'd have faith in as a Captain.

After that?

Tuvok (again due to the writers, though. wasted potential)
    Wesley
    edited December 2010
    TOS: Haven't watched nearly enough to have an opinion.

TNG: Has to be Miles O'Brien. It's not the character it's that hair. I cannot look at anything but that freakish looking hairline and it's creepy strange. I want to scream when I see it.

DS9: Haven't watched enough to really have an opinion, what little I did watch, I disliked them all, which is why I never watched it. I do plan to revisit it.

VOY: What I have seen of this I liked everyone. If I had to choose one, Tom Paris. Just, ugh.

ENT: Like everyone.

Winner = Miles O'Brien

And to all of you who said Deanna Troi, shame on YOU! :)
    edited December 2010
    ^ irish curls.
    edited December 2010
    Jar Jar Binks

Oops! Sorry, wrong universe! :D

I don't know who I don't like. I like them all for various reasons...tough choice
    edited December 2010
    Neelix.... Darn you Neelix...
    edited December 2010
    I really hate that guy in the uniform standing in the background pushing buttons on a console. I'm sure you've seen him...
    edited December 2010
    Captain Edward Jellico :mad: (TNG Chain of Command)
    edited December 2010
    We've covered which races we dislike most, but what about individual characters? Go to town on who you hated in Star Trek. Don't be bashful.

To get it started,

I absolutely despised Kai Winn! She was the most manipulative, self righteous, condescending, cold hearted B**CH that I've ever has the misfortune of listening to. And she called herself a servant of the Prophets. She got what was coming to her.

And that's what is so cool about her!

Hmm most hated.....?

Can I vote for the whole cast of voyager minus 7 of 9? and not just because she is hot. The rest were all so one dimensional and predictable to me.
    edited December 2010
    Any Q that wasn't John Delancie...boring old sods the lot of them. No wonder Q was such a mischief maker.
    edited December 2010
    cabal1202 wrote: »
    Pulaski left when it was realized that it wasn't working; .

Stop me if I'm wrong, but the Pulaski character was only on the show because Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher) was pregnant and unavailable for that season. I'm not sure, so I could be mistaken.

For me:

TOS: I didn't hate her, but I'd call her useless....Rand.
    TNG: Wesley, obviously. But man, I hated Alexander equally.
    DS9: Kai Winn is the queen of the hated. But she does have the benefit of being called her b***chness by Bashir and Kira a few times.
    VOY: Neelix AND Kes. I wasn't fond of the Doctor, either. But I didn't actively dislike him.
    ENT: Travis. But that was more because good grief, that actor was wooden.
    edited December 2010
    TOS: hmm... a toughie... I guess Finnagan

TNG: Riker, definately Riker

B5: Oh, wait! wrong universe. Anyway, just to put it out there, **** you, Sheridan
    edited December 2010
    Eladrel wrote:
    Most Hated Non-Recurring Characters:

Captain Jellico from TNG episode "Chain of Command"

I just watched that a few nights ago. Heres the thing with Jellico....he was a jerk in many ways, but a lot of the "hate" from the crew was forced. He made a few somewhat unreasonabe demands of the crew....but they whined and cried like babies about it.

...and Jellico turned out to be right.
    edited December 2010
    How can you hate Sheridan???? He was awesome! I'd follow him to Zahadum any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Jelico was an TRIBBLE$hole plain and simple. There was no need to change the entire operation aboard the Enterprise. The crew was already working at peak efficiency. Jelico was a bulldozer. Uncompromising and willing to plow over anyone in his way. That kind of pig-headedness does not make for an effective captain.
    edited December 2010
    How can you hate Sheridan???? He was awesome! I'd follow him to Zahadum any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The first commander of B5, I forgot his name, was a good commander. HE was a likeable guy.

Sheridan seemed like kind of an a*****e
    edited December 2010
    Nelix......do I need to explain why? :rolleyes:
    edited December 2010
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    Oooh. I had forgotten about her. Yer she's pretty awful., but that goes without saying as all of the "child characters" in Star Trek are cringe worthy.

Another addition are the entire crew of the "Valiant" the Red Squad Defiant class vessel in DS9.

Man, YEAH! I wanted to beat up the entire cast on that episode. The dominion did the Feds a favor by killing 'em.
    edited December 2010
    ^ i just remembered.

i didn't like the crew that much, but that absolute... well, i can't say it, but the first officer made me want to slap her. repeatedly.
    edited December 2010

Jelico was an TRIBBLE$hole plain and simple. There was no need to change the entire operation aboard the Enterprise. The crew was already working at peak efficiency. Jelico was a bulldozer. Uncompromising and willing to plow over anyone in his way. That kind of pig-headedness does not make for an effective captain.

Changing the shift rotation was a dumb move...other than that? Yeah, he was d***, but some commanders are d***'s but still good at their jobs.

Jellico was made to be unlikable, but a lot of it comes from the others moaning about it. His effectiveness? Well, his plan did wrk, and if he was so ineffective then he shouldn't have cpatianed a starship in the first place. But he did, so obviously he did know what he was doing.

But hell, so did Captain Bligh. Bligh may heve had poor interpersonal skills and he may have been a real jack *** on the bounty, but he was also a capable commander at the same time. Like Jellico.
    edited December 2010
    Q - hated every episode he was in, especially the first one.

Wesley - but he has redeemed himself on The Big Bang Theory.
    edited December 2010
    Wesley
    Tasha
    Quantum Leap
    edited December 2010
    We've covered which races we dislike most, but what about individual characters? Go to town on who you hated in Star Trek. Don't be bashful.

To get it started,

I absolutely despised Kai Winn! She was the most manipulative, self righteous, condescending, cold hearted B**CH that I've ever has the misfortune of listening to. And she called herself a servant of the Prophets. She got what was coming to her.

I agree completely. Louise Fletcher was the very best at playing the absolute worst religious leader ever. I loathed Kai Winn. It takes a great actress to do that.

:cool:
    edited December 2010
    Hated Benjamin Sisko - he really was a one track record and was always completely over the top. Whenever he shouted it was like listening to bad opera. Almost put me off DS9 as franchise. I hated him more than Wesley...