test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most hated Star Trek character

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    p0pr0cks wrote: »
    Neelix and the Ocampa girlfriend, and Tasha Yar, and Seska. I despise all 4 equally.

Tasha Yar?!?!?!?!?!

There goes your Holiday Card this year.
    edited July 2010
    Yes, Wesley was about as annoying as one could possibly get, but for me it would have to be Janeway. A woman never would be put in such a dangerous a position as commanding a starship. When you think of a Starfleet captain, you think of someone physically strong, and emotionally consistent. Women by nature are not as consistent emotionally as men. Love em, but it is a fact. I just don't see logicaly putting a woman in this type of role. And yes, there are exceptions to every rule, but finding that woman would be quite a feat. Janeway is not her.
    edited July 2010
    Dekkameron wrote: »

Nog: "What do I do?"
    Worf: "Find him and kill him!"

- Nog and Worf, upon realizing that the Logician runner didn't touch home plate

That was one of my favorite lines in all of star trek. Than and Worf shouting "with mint frosting" arose ten forward in data's dream.
    edited July 2010
    Raso wrote:
    That was one of my favorite lines in all of star trek. Than and Worf shouting "with mint frosting" arose ten forward in data's dream.

Same, i also liked earlier in the episode when they were giving each other general baseball support banter, worf pipes up "DEATH TO THE ENEMY!"
    edited July 2010
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    Same, i also liked earlier in the episode when they were giving each other general baseball support banter, worf pipes up "DEATH TO THE ENEMY!"

yup another good one, or when worf was describing the mating habits to the wee crusher child.

Worf: The man reads poetry and the woman throws large.... heavy objects... (Worf begins to look aroused as he imagines himself and a Klingon woman far away hurling tables and desks at him before snapping out of it)
    Worf: He ducks a lot.
    edited July 2010
    Tasha Yar?!?!?!?!?!

Hey now, it's purely out of my respect for you that I haven't told you how I feel about Twin Peaks everyday I log into the forums. :p
    edited July 2010
    Tasha Yar?!?!?!?!?!

Interesting thing about Yar is that Denise Crosby chose to leave the show because the writers more or less ignored the character, pushing her to the background in favor of others the whole time. IIRC she said all they ever wanted her to do was stand around and stick her TRIBBLE out (a role for which she's rather ill equipped).

Personally I don't think there are many characters that I actually hate, though there were many I didn't care for. The biggest thing for me though is that I came to dislike Worf, Data and Picard simply because as the show (and moveis) progressed it became more and more focused on just those characters.

I mean, look at nemesis... besides Data and Picard the ship could have been crewed by ANY RANDOM BACKGROUND CHARACTERS and it would have been basically the same movie.

At some point it brings up the question of why bother having 6, 7, 8 or more cast members if your entire storyline only cares about 2 or 3 of them?

Both Marina Sirtis and Gates McFadden have in the past lamented the difficult in getting any screentime or plot/character development for their roles.

If anything it strikes me that female characters tend to get the backburner within the franchise, unless they're just there "for show."
    edited July 2010
    all ferengi, all episodes where ferengi are in is TRIBBLE
    edited July 2010
    Hah, good old Dead Squad. Who didn't want to see them all die? Actually, I blame Nog for not having the stones to tell a bunch of cadets that he was taking command and get them all back to a starbase somewhere.

Well, most hated because they were supposed to be hated would be Kai Winn, the Female Changeling, and Admiral Bitc...er, Nechayev. I never wanted two Star Trek characters to die more than those two from DS9. For Admiral PMS, if I were Picard, I'm sure I would've been sweeping out a cargo bay on the most distant outpost in the Federation shortly after meeting her. Oh, and Dr. Pulaski was just a mean old hag - to pretty much everyone, but most notably, Data.

Hated for being useless or annoying? Well, my knee-jerk reaction is to say anyone from Voyager, but I'll be fair and say I hardly watched the series. Although, the fact I wasn't going out of my way to watch the show, kinda says something in itself. Counselor Gonna State the Obvious comes readily to mind. So insightful and empathic: "I sense deception" from a bunch of Romulans or Ferengi. No kidding. Keiko was supremely annoying in DS9. I don't know what the hell Chief O'Brien saw in her, all she did was nag and complain. Guess he was sticking it out for the kids.
    edited July 2010
    My list is far too long to post all so I will post my top picks from each series:

TOS - Uhura
    TNG - Dr. Crusher
    DS9 - Bashir
    VOY - The Doctor
    ENT - Reed
    edited July 2010
    My list is far too long to post all so I will post my top picks from each series:

TOS - Uhura (fair enough she was boring and had little to no role in anything)
    TNG - Dr. Crusher (whilst TRIBBLE, i can think of many more that irritated me more)
    DS9 - Bashir (I liked him :( )
    VOY - The Doctor (I liked him too! )
    ENT - Reed (Imo one of the better characters second only to Phlox or Shran)

Wow we have VERY different opinions.
    edited July 2010
    We've covered which races we dislike most, but what about individual characters? Go to town on who you hated in Star Trek. Don't be bashful.

To get it started,

I absolutely despised Kai Winn! She was the most manipulative, self righteous, condescending, cold hearted B**CH that I've ever has the misfortune of listening to. And she called herself a servant of the Prophets. She got what was coming to her.

This is my most annoying list:

TOS - No one really
    TNG - Luxanna Troi
    DS9 - Keiko Obrien
    VOY- Neelix
    ENT - Mayweather
    edited July 2010
    TOS - Adonis - Kirk vs a greek god? really?
    TNG - The Traveler...He just bugs me
    DS9 - Definitely Nog
    Voyager - the EMH Mk 2 - AKA Andy TRIBBLE....I just HATE Andy TRIBBLE.....A lot....
    Enterprise.....Captain Archer...I kept expecting him to say "Oh Boy"....the character might have worked for me if it hadn't been Scott Bakula.

The Films - I'll limit it to one choice.....Spock's Brother......
    edited July 2010
    this is my most hated list:

TOS: Uhura
    TNG: Wesley Crusher (why? because he's wesley!)
    DS9: O'Brien (good show, but he kind of ruins it)
    VOY: Kes (hooray when she left the show!):)
    ENT: Archer
    edited July 2010
    TOS: Janice Rand
    TNG: Dr Katherine Pulaski
    DS9: Dr Julian Bashir
    VOY: Neelix
    ENT: Malcolm Reid
    edited July 2010
    Wesly Crusher. That little TRIBBLE didn't deserve enlightenment
    edited July 2010
    Out of all the shows, I must say that Pulaski was my most hated. She just didn't fit in at all.
    edited July 2010
    TOS: Can't think of one, grew up watching reruns of this and I love it.

TNG: Toss up; Wesley Crusher, Doctor Pulaski, Commander Shelby

DS9: Kai Winn. Caveat: Only because Louise Fletcher played such an amazing *****. :D

Voy: Belanna Torres. I just didn't like this character.

Ent: Capt. Archer
    edited July 2010
    Some of you might hate me for this, but...

Seven of Nine.

Her character was a thinly-veiled effort to add some sex appeal to Voyager, and her character "development" was so horribly forced it was usually painful to watch. Didn't like her when she first showed up, liked her even less by the time the show ended.

There, I said it. Flame on, fellas. *grabs flame-retardant suit and hides*
    edited July 2010
    TOS: cant think of anyone,
    TNG: wesley bloody crusher (why hes a kid on the flagship of the fleet, come on captain picard must have went mad to let him onn the bridge)
    DS9: Nog (just annoying didnt like him)
    Voy: cant really think of anyone that got on my nerves there
    Ent: almost everyone archer reed trip you name it, i didnt like the show at all
    edited July 2010
    Wesley Crusher & Diana Troi's mother. Both need to be exterminated. I love to sit back a watch TNG episodes but if they have either of the two afore mentioned people I turn off straight away.
    edited July 2010
    Althanan wrote:
    Some of you might hate me for this, but...

Seven of Nine.

Her character was a thinly-veiled effort to add some sex appeal to Voyager, and her character "development" was so horribly forced it was usually painful to watch. Didn't like her when she first showed up, liked her even less by the time the show ended.

There, I said it. Flame on, fellas. *grabs flame-retardant suit and hides*

But... but... TRIBBLE and spandex! :) It's like they decided Kes wasn't sexy enough so they decided to go with a 6ft blonde who would be willing to wear a spandex body suit for several years.
    edited July 2010
    Cyllus wrote: »
    But... but... TRIBBLE and spandex! :) It's like they decided Kes wasn't sexy enough so they decided to go with a 6ft blonde who would be willing to wear a spandex body suit for several years.

Correct.

I certainly wouldn't object to a time portal :D
    edited July 2010
    Cyllus wrote: »

I love seven, she hot and thats all their is to it, although she is not a bad actress

T'pol was a far more unashamed use for eye candy. Her and Trip have a decon scene in the first episode where they basically apply a gel to their half naked bodies.
    edited July 2010
    TOS : that annoying guy that ron howard played with a crappy VO
    TNG: Wesley Crusher . cause seriously Picard WTF? you booted him the first time you saw him, B. Crusher gives you a look and you fold like origami???? come one man. Picard should have gone shakespearian on him and lanced him like a boil and flushed him out an airlock!!
    DS9 : COS Eddington. that guy was as annoyig as an TRIBBLE, and just as pleasantly disposable. douche of the first order !
    Voy : that lame borg brat with a crush on 7of 9. whimpering little snot.
    ENT : that ambassador whats his name, gary graham played. flop and drop you dead fish

and the most annoying character of all trek

The sentient torpedo discovered by Voyager.

I love trek and Voyager especially. but that ep made me yell WTF at my TV. seriously a sentient weapon that dosnt want to die? lame lame lame lame LAME!!!!

thank you for the forums
    have a good one...........................

ah TRIBBLE someone else that joined before me has the same profile pic.....................Shatner wont fail me, i will get a never better Pic.
    edited July 2010
    The sentient torpedo discovered by Voyager.

I love trek and Voyager especially. but that ep made me yell WTF at my TV. seriously a sentient weapon that dosnt want to die? lame lame lame lame LAME!!!!

This episode is a tribute to Dark Star, one of the finest SciFi films ever made and deals with A.I. that becomes sentient rather like the Dr and his desire to be more than what he was designed to be. Possibly the finest episode of Voyager ever made IMO.

I guess some of us like SciFi while others 'Just do not get it' (Copyrighted by Cryptic).
    edited July 2010
    ELITE-Kaos wrote: »
    This episode is a tribute to Dark Star, one of the finest SciFi films ever made and deals with A.I. that becomes sentient rather like the Dr and his desire to be more than what he was designed to be. Possibly the finest episode of Voyager ever made IMO.

I guess some of us like SciFi while others 'Just do not get it' (Copyrighted by Cryptic).

im not sure it the best episode ever or anything but i liked it and it deals with those age old themes of what is life and the definition of sentience and free will. classic sci-fi
    edited July 2010
    2cents

TOS, only villains that where meant to be hated..

TNG, Dr. P, W. Crusher, Troi, Troi's Mom, Riker 50% of the times, Roe

TNG had lots of bad Characters and I find it funny that TNG was so popular in-spite of this.

DS9, depending on the season each of the main characters would be either grating or good.

VOY, truly boring show with very annoying characters.

Ent. strangely if you can sit past the theme song and the the time war, I liked the characters they where good but the writing was off for most of it.

... I find it funny only TOS had a consistent cast of Likable actors.
    edited July 2010
    I absolutely hate hate hate Dianna Troi or whatever its spelled. There are no words in the human language to express how much I hate that crappy and useless wannabe psychiatrist.

She is just the example of people that I tend to yell at or hit in real life. From christian "soulkeepers", old ladies full of stale advices, to whole psych profession and finally plotting false friends.

Hell what do I know? Maybe some of people who try to come off as empathic really are but all I see in them are psychic vampires and degenerate mental parasites.
    edited July 2010
    Ezri Dax; when she wasn't whining about somethings, she was talking like a Valley Girl. In fact, she seemed to interject the word "sweet" into just about every other sentance.