test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most hated Star Trek character

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's not an age thing. I'm 21. I love big band, and I love James Darren. I'm a huge fan of some of the songs he sang over the course of the show. Both his and those by other artists.

She just doesn't appreciate good music. ;)

That and an awesome character, all around.

Ha. No one loves big band more than me. Benny Goodman is my life.

I'm not saying I hate Vic Fontaine b/c of his tunes. Yeah, those were good. He had way to big of a role and it ****ed me off a lot. Season 7 in general ****es me off. Sure, I'm not even like 1/2 way through yet, but I don't expect it to get much better.
    edited May 2010
    Ha. No one loves big band more than me. Benny Goodman is my life.

I'm not saying I hate Vic Fontaine b/c of his tunes. Yeah, those were good. He had way to big of a role and it ****ed me off a lot. Season 7 in general ****es me off. Sure, I'm not even like 1/2 way through yet, but I don't expect it to get much better.

sorry if ive misunderstood but do you mean your not half way through season 7

last 10 or eleven episodes are amazing. at least i though so

the first half of season 7 is weak. jadzia leaving really hurt the show and they spent too much time p******* around with ezri
    edited May 2010
    sorry if ive misunderstood but do you mean your not half way through season 7

last 10 or eleven episodes are amazing. at least i though so

the first half of season 7 is weak. jadzia leaving really hurt the show and they spent too much time p******* around with ezri

I hope you're right. I'm putting it off because I don't want to see Dukat and Kai Winn together. I think I would cry. I know what happens and everything, I just haven't seen it lol.
    edited May 2010
    I hope you're right. I'm putting it off because I don't want to see Dukat and Kai Winn together. I think I would cry. I know what happens and everything, I just haven't seen it lol.

gloss over that stuff, and the rest is ace
    edited May 2010
    Man I really Hate that Darth Vader Guy...what a pain huh? And what he did to that one guy at the supper table...you know cause he did not wanna say grace or something? Man what a real jerk he was. I think its cause he had that breathing problem thing...you know the one where ya' got to use an inhaler?
    edited May 2010
    Admiral Nechayev. God, I hated that *****. Probably about as much as I couldn't stand Kai Winn (and she's supposed to be hated).
    edited May 2010
    Just when i thought it up i regogniced: There are A LOT Star Trek chars I dont like.

TOS: Uhura & Sulu. Didnt like them ever.

TNG: Wesley, of course, Troi and Crusher, And Tasha Yar. Am I am woman hater?

D9: Kira and EVERY SINGEL Bajoran, beside may be Leeta. And Jake was so useless. And i never understood why everybody loves O'brien so much, I dont hate him but I don't like him very much eighter. And Quark... was nice now and then, but annoyed me often too.

Voy: Neelix, the Jar Jar Binks of Delta Quadrant. I REALLY hatet him. Kes... Janeway not SO much but...

ENT: Archer. Strange thing that there is just one char I really dislike in that series, the problem is: Almost the whole Series focusses on that Idiot. Or T'Pol wich wasnt very good, too, but I didnt hate her. Ther rest of the cast is good in my Opinion (beside Mayweather, I dont know if hes good or bad, didnt see enough of him to decide), but instead of focussing on the good chars they Focussed on T'pol and Archer all the time.

P.s.: Oh and if that even counts as Star TRek: In Abrahams STINO I hate EVERYBODY beside McCoy.
    edited May 2010
    Can I just say that nobody could have possibly hated Wesley Crusher worse than the writers did. For all my hatred for the poor kid, at least I didn't take an unpopular concept and continue to write horrible, awful scripts expressly designed to make the fans hate him. Those writers must have been tormented in school by a Wesley and just seethed with anger.
    edited May 2010
    I have to take my hat off to Louise Fletcher for her portrayal of kai Winn.
    I have never before or since had such strong emotions towards a fictional character - a true testament to her acting ability - simply marvellous!
    edited May 2010
    Wesley Crusher.

There is just something about his character (or his acting maybe) that made me ill every time he made it on the screen. He was a goody-two-shoes. They never showed him doing anything violent other than pushing console buttons. The only time he even acted slightly normal was when he and his friends pulled that stunt at Starfleet Academy. The best thing about Wesley was Picard telling him to shut up.

Sure there are other characters who were inherently evil or manipulative, but this kid was all sunshine and flowers...ugh! But at least I have a theory about why he acted like he did...his Man Card was permanently revoked. :D
    edited May 2010
    TOS --- Sulu (i just can´t stand his voice)

TNG --- Geordie (he was extremely boring, hated every single "geordie episode")

DS9 --- Kai Winn ( Terrific acting by Louise Fletcher indeed, perfect example of good intentions turned bad, very bad)

VOY --- Harry Kim (why did they bother to rescue him ? he would be abducted again very soon and again...)

ENT --- Reed (total lack of personality, wanna ruin a party? hang pictures of him)
    edited May 2010
    Ashur1 wrote:
    ENT --- Reed (total lack of personality, wanna ruin a party? hang pictures of him)

I think, from how much i have seen of Ent (about 3 hours max), a snail has more personality.
    edited May 2010
    The annoying high-pitched voice.
    The erratic thoughts and motives.
    The emotionally blinded decisions.

To be fair, the back-and-forth motives weren't the result of the actress (who was wonderful despite the difficulties). Apparently, the writers couldn't make a final decision on which way to develop the character.

The emotionally-blinded decisions, I can see -- Janeway was determined to get the crew home, and it sometimes *did* blind her (the Equinox' crew was one such example; she was willing ti actively kill a man in order to safeguard her own vessel, and even Chakotay told her that she was toally out-of-line).

My most hated character....can't say I've ever hated a character. There's an ep of DS9 I wasn't too fond of (that was the one where O'Brien wakes up and everything is slightly 'off' from his perspective), but no real problems with the characters..
    edited May 2010
    Yeah I hate Janeway, then Neelix.
    edited May 2010
    OSOGray wrote: »
    I have to take my hat off to Louise Fletcher for her portrayal of kai Winn.
    I have never before or since had such strong emotions towards a fictional character - a true testament to her acting ability - simply marvellous!

she truly created someone you could just hate.

people like darth vader, dukat are great villains you love to hate but to make one that you just pure hate, and your meant to hate was brilliant.
    edited May 2010
    Uhm...always found the good aspect in each character, even if it was just the british accent (Malcolm Reer) or the fact that he didn't have as much screen time as it could have been (Wesley..just think about it, they could have used him even more...).

But.

There's one I really can't stand.

Kira Nerys.

If I was Deep Space 9's CO, I would have blasted her and her out of an airlock about 35 minutes into the first episode.
    edited June 2010
    I have to go with Wesley Crusher

"I'm with Starfleet...we don't lie" Maybe the most douchechill statement in Star Trek history(still get chills thinking about it)

My sister read the book Wil wheaton put out and he even hated the character.
    edited June 2010
    nyg316 wrote: »
    Wesley Crusher.

There is just something about his character (or his acting maybe) that made me ill every time he made it on the screen. He was a goody-two-shoes. They never showed him doing anything violent other than pushing console buttons. The only time he even acted slightly normal was when he and his friends pulled that stunt at Starfleet Academy. The best thing about Wesley was Picard telling him to shut up.

Sure there are other characters who were inherently evil or manipulative, but this kid was all sunshine and flowers...ugh! But at least I have a theory about why he acted like he did...his Man Card was permanently revoked. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Jerry74/WesleyIsGay.jpg
    edited June 2010
    I absolutely hate Kai Winn, but I suppose that was the point so props to her for being so absolutely easy to hate.

As for the most annoying character that I hate, its a tie between Kess and Tasha Yar. Kess is so clueless and emotionally unstable that I was actually sad anytime an episode started to revolve around her. Case and point: the Voyager episode, Fury, when she comes back for vengeance on Voyager because she blames them for her choice to leave the ship and explore. I don't really know why I hate Tasha Yar, but I was sincerely happy when she was killed; the show was much better after that point.
    edited June 2010
    B'ellana always annoyed me so much. just ughhh. stupid character

and i dare anyone to say they hated data!
    edited June 2010
    and i dare anyone to say they hated data!

I hated Data. There. I said it.

Only kidding. Data FTW!
    edited June 2010
    Q was and is still maddening.Episodes with them in it are always good too.
    edited June 2010
    I hated Tuvok for the whole first season. It's like startrek has to have a token vulcan first officer all of a sudden.
    edited June 2010
    ToS: Kirk. Silence Fanbois, Shatner is a terrible actor and the second you get out of denial is the second your healing begins.

TNG: Riker and Wesley. Riker is an arrogant and smart mouthed over-confident annoyance and Wesley is just the worst thing to happen to trek. Ever.

DS9: Sisco. I just didn't like his command style or the way he talked, sounded like he wanted to be half Shatner at times... oh and he was always angry, which got old.

Voyager: Seven. It is really hard for me to pick any one character I hated from Voyager, even the ones that annoyed me ended up having an episode they were n that addressed the issue they had or were at the time having, or at the least made me laugh. Seven is the exception. She was put in as mindless T&A and has the acting skills of a Banana Slug. Every time an episode focused on her I knew right from the get-go that the episode would be about her making some mistake that messed up the whole crew or ship. She really did seem to delight in messing up every chance at getting home or for that matter just about everything else.

Enterprise: T'pol. I get Vulcan "emotionless" attitudes, but every other Vulcan has at least some humor to offset this, or will make a precision sarcastic remark at the exact moment required for funny. Not this one. Nope, probably one of the most unlikeable characters around.
    edited June 2010

Enterprise: T'pol. I get Vulcan "emotionless" attitudes, but every other Vulcan has at least some humor to offset this, or will make a precision sarcastic remark at the exact moment required for funny. Not this one. Nope, probably one of the most unlikeable characters around.

I couldn't agree more. T'Pol is the sole reason that I don't watch Enterprise.
    edited June 2010
    and again we have a token vulcan 1st officer (it's like pointy ear'd affermative action)
    edited June 2010
    Wesley Crusher followed by Lwaxana Troi
    edited June 2010
    Wesley wouldnt of been so bad if it wasn't for everything about him.
    edited July 2010
    B'ellana always annoyed me so much. just ughhh. stupid character

I agree, dreadful character.

Also i would like to add "Vic Fontaine" (the holographic crooner) to the list. What ever were they thinking?!?!?!
    edited July 2010
    i actually liked vic in short doses but he was in it way too much. one or two eps would have been fine