Install Arc
Options

My character is STILL bugged!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    TerilynnS wrote: »
    It's still not my main character that's bugged, so I am more patient than I likely would be if it did affect my main - but I have to admit, it's getting a little frustrating. He's about to go into a lot of Reman/Romulan missions and I would really like to swap out an Engineer for a Science Boff.

While it's not as convenient, if you know in advance like this, if you go to your assignments tab can you select your default away team there? Both of my bugged characters can do that, but you have to know in advance what you want to bring, because the dialog box doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    While it's not as convenient, if you know in advance like this, if you go to your assignments tab can you select your default away team there? Both of my bugged characters can do that, but you have to know in advance what you want to bring, because the dialog box doesn't work.

workarounds are ok.

the fix still needs to be addressed.

i have basically stopped playing my toon that is affected by this. he has been locked up (save for a few logins to get updates and make sure he is alive) since i origianly posted my thread on the issue, and that was before this thread started.

i used to like him, but now i just forget about him. and while i have mentioned that i am not overly concerned if i actually need to delete him, the fact is that we have reported this and many months have passed since with no resolution or counter offer if we are forced to delete them.

frustrating is the word for the day. not a HUGE deal by any means cause i have other toons to play, but still.....

peace.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    workarounds are ok.

the fix still needs to be addressed.

Oh, I totally agree, the two gimped characters are annoying, I was just letting him know there was an option so he's not completely stuck.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I deleted my original bugged character and then recreated her from scratch. Still bugged....

The fact of the matter is that we shouldn't have to figure out workarounds. This bug has been in existence since right after launch. All of us filed tickets and it's still "being looked into". Choosing your away team is one of the many basic things that makes Star Trek. This has become beyond frustrating.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dscotty We Need More Power!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I haven't quite figured out if that will work - I will give it a try. Thanks.
    zaharia wrote: »
    I deleted my original bugged character and then recreated her from scratch. Still bugged....

The fact of the matter is that we shouldn't have to figure out workarounds. This bug has been in existence since right after launch. All of us filed tickets and it's still "being looked into". Choosing your away team is one of the many basic things that makes Star Trek. This has become beyond frustrating.

I am SO GLAD i read this. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but you have saved me from deleting a character I love and have worked hard on. I appreciate your effort and Acknowledge that you've taken one for the team.

Now, while I try to figure out if the work around will work, I would still love to be able to select from the dialogue box as I have to admit - I'm don't have the best memory about these things....

Again - thanks all for keeping this thread alive....
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    la di da....

update would be nice.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    DScotty wrote:
    Hello again!

So, I'm still digging around. This issue has basically become my personal white whale. In any case, what I need now is the names of the characters that have this issue. Just the character names, no need to provide the handle or account name.

I'm following this thread (though I don't always reply), so just drop your character names in a mail to me, or drop them here.

Thanks!

...You're just now hearing of this issue? Wow, I think the bug reports are set to go direct to the bit bucket. Just remove our ability to log bugs in game if you're not going to check them at all, there have been many threads on this topic. So what exactly are we wasting time for on Tribble on those weekends, because God knows we don't see any GM's...so much weirdness about this. Anytime you have a list get so big that you can't use it and start another list, something is wrong at the fundamental level.

Anyway, add "Marcus Refelian" to the list.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    update by chance??????
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Two of my characters with the problem:

Spinter Woerligen
    Thaddius Demming

Wow, I had just accepted this out-greyed option as something normal. Some of my chars, however, *do* have the option to change the BOs before beaming down and that is very nice feature. Would be lovely to have it for all my folks.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ho hum.....
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, still 2 bugged chars. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In regards to Dstahl's post about this issue.

A while back while I was chatting with DScotty on IRC prior to Cryptic pulling support and it turning into a web-radio **** fest I...

1) Copied a bugged character to Tribble
    2) Verified bug still in effect
    3) Deleted a BoFF
    4) Verified bug still in effect
    5) Repeat 3 & 4 until I had no more BoFF's
    6) Bought a new BoFF
    7) Verified bug still in effect

I told him this then, but he might not have seen it as it did take a while to do after our initial conversation.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hiya Peregrine_Falcon, I saw dstahl's resposne to your post in the Engineering Report. I have this problem on my main character too. I can't select away team members. I had my own thread about it here, but it died with no help/response:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=178099

I had made GM tkt 962,289, and that said "CS Replied" but there was no text, I never actually got a reply, but they closed it anyway as "Resolved" - but wasn't, so I opened a new bug tkt #969,631. This was back in Sept.

I saw DScotty's post above: My character "Havelock Vetinari" has this problem. My other characters do not.

Here's hoping DScotty someday gets his whale (and we get a squashed bug). :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hiya Peregrine_Falcon, I saw dstahl's resposne to your post in the Engineering Report. I have this problem on my main character too. I can't select away team members. I had my own thread about it here, but it died with no help/response:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=178099

I had made GM tkt 962,289, and that said "CS Replied" but there was no text, I never actually got a reply, but they closed it anyway as "Resolved" - but wasn't, so I opened a new bug tkt #969,631. This was back in Sept.

I saw DScotty's post above: My character "Havelock Vetinari" has this problem. My other characters do not.

Here's hoping DScotty someday gets his whale (and we get a squashed bug). :D

some of us, as well as myself, have made threads about this issue. (you can see my link to my thread in one of my posts near the begining of this thread) my date was some time ago when i posted as well as submitted a bug report.

nothing has helped and the issue is still present, and no further help seems forthcoming.

so cryptic: can i get a decent amount of c-store points or some sort of "something" if i delete my toon, since it is basically not-playable at this stage? i have not deleted him yet in hopes you could find a resolution, but at this rate i highly doubt it and feel nothing can be, or will be done to correct this. seems easier to just start over. (of which i dont mind, but something in exchange for the time spent on them would be nice).

just sayin.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    and the hits just keep comin.....
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah. I sent Dscotty a PM a week or two ago asking him for a quick update on this.

Nothing. I guess StormShade wasn't kidding when he said that the devs will no longer respond to my PMs.

Kinda sad really.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Jonathan Ethan Godrick
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Havelock Vetinari checking in... I still have this problem.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    nvm

I feel your pain guys sorry to see this happening
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Update, update, update..

Come on Devs get your finger out!

This is almost at TEN MONTH old bug.. Says a lot when by the looks of things, this absolutely diabolically ANNOYING bug will have its 1 year birthday soon... along side STO.

I realise it may be a hard one to track down, but it just seems like its constantly been swept under the bloody rug...

I vote for a halt on all future additions to the game, until this bug is solved and fixed !

I know thats a mighty selfish statement, but thats how god damn fkin irritating this bug is !
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I have to admit it was terribly frustrating when I'm all jazzed and geared towards doing my new Weekly mission, I'm getting all into it, dock/transport to Drozana, walk up to the panel, and =Poof= Choose your Away Team, but oh, noes! Wait! It's not my full team, it's only two. Which in of itself is fine (and kind of cool), but it completely takes me out of immersion when I suddenly have to cancel, take a step back, open my ship screen, rearrange Away Team assigments, and then revisit the panel, only to find what I thought I set up in the assignment screen to show up in this two-person away team screen did not match, had to exit and re-do.

My other characters had no problem using the In-Mission Away Team selection window and could customize as needed for the job. Havelock Vetinari, my primary VA1 Fed, could not.

Very disappointing/sad.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I have to admit it was terribly frustrating when I'm all jazzed and geared towards doing my new Weekly mission, I'm getting all into it, dock/transport to Drozana, walk up to the panel, and =Poof= Choose your Away Team, but oh, noes! Wait! It's not my full team, it's only two. Which in of itself is fine (and kind of cool), but it completely takes me out of immersion when I suddenly have to cancel, take a step back, open my ship screen, rearrange Away Team assigments, and then revisit the panel, only to find what I thought I set up in the assignment screen to show up in this two-person away team screen did not match, had to exit and re-do.

My other characters had no problem using the In-Mission Away Team selection window and could customize as needed for the job. Havelock Vetinari, my primary VA1 Fed, could not.

Very disappointing/sad.

Yep.. same bud...

Was stuck with my 2 engineer boffs... Cant exactly put them on passive as they still drop drones and turrets :( not a happy bunny tbh...

Not when they'd rather get items in the C-Store so they can TRIBBLE more money out of us... AN-NOY-ING !
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    RevyUK wrote: »
    Was stuck with my 2 engineer boffs... Cant exactly put them on passive as they still drop drones and turrets

Right click on the boff turret/drone power it will turn red and they won't use it.

Oh, and I might have 3 bugged chars now, my unbugged Eng displayed the greyed out boxes for the episode. I haven't ran a regular mission afterwards yet to check.

It doesn't seem like they care about us or our money at all.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i knew i read it somewhere:
    Under Investigation
    Here's a short list of issues being looked at as next up on the bug fix list
    Crashes exiting the 1st episode in the Devidian series
    Some accounts that are unable to select away team members because they are greyed out
    Open mission status not appearing in private queues of PVP Space Arena
    Reports of issues with the Master Recruiter Title
    One-shot ground mobs in exploration (we are most likely going to nuke every planet found to contain one of these creatures in the future)
    Bridge Officers getting stuck outside force fields during Hunting the Hunters
    Master Looter window showing up empty
    Inability to buy stacks of items
    Exchange Search Result Oddities
    Bridge Officers slotted in "extra slots" are unable to be trained
    Report that B'Tran "Aid the Planet" missions are all giving the same reward item
    Reports of items you mail to yourself going missing
    Unassigned Crew not showing rarity in tooltips
    Some disruptor weapons are using placeholder icons
    Fleet UI: Fleet Uniform Creation fails to give feedback if the costume is invalid due to locked parts being selected
    Purchasing items when you have a full inventory does not send a notification
    Defeated caitain NPC tails continue to move after death
    Some beard options do not inherit customization colors properly
    Some projectile weapons do not impact properly on Repair Hulks in PVP maps.
    Ground costume fleet emblems cannot be applied to your costume until you set a default fleet uniform
    Kit icons dispay improper numeric overlays
    Transwarp cooldown timer does not increment on ground maps
    Numerous STF issues
    Ship FXs that are jarring or causing issues in combat

so....it seems they are aware of the issue, but not offering updates on progress, if any. (and this was in the 19 Oct Engy Report)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    seems the 15 November Engy report has lost the investigative nature of this bug.
    i know it said "short" list, but this is irritating to say the least at this point.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This issue has been addressed here:
    dstahl wrote: »

The team was able to replicate the issue but it turned out to be some data corruption on some specific accounts (ie not necessarily a widespread bug). There is a task on the software team schedule to go in and fix up the data on these accounts. So its no longer being investigated, and instead being worked on.

POST LINK
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Great.

I mean that is just a gamebreaking bug wich is beeing worked on NOW, after 10 month, although the problem exists from the RELEASE DAY on.

Congratulation!

And by the way it is not an account problem since i have that problem on one of 6 characters on my account. The problem is it is one of my VAs...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    And by the way it is not an account problem since i have that problem on one of 6 characters on my account. The problem is it is one of my VAs...

He did not say it was account-wide, just that it only affected some accounts.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Inspired wrote: »
    This issue has been addressed here:

POST LINK

Good eye bud. I noticed the issue wasnt in the eng report of on the tribble patch notes, and came in this thread to rage some and cancel my sub...

I can go to bed peacefully now..

Good eye :)