What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My character is STILL bugged!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've never purchased a BO from the exchange, any BO worth having is stupidly overpriced.

I have had the problem with not being able to commission BOs that I purchased from Elsa Mora in Earth Spacedock, but changing instances fixes that. My away team bug predates that problem by quite a bit though.

Lol, you get blue Bos for under 1000 energy, Any since 1000 energy is almost nothing in sto the better racuial traits are reason enough tu buy them.

All my bos on fed side, on 2 chars are blue or purple. Not on Klingon side, becuase some BOs i want (female Aliens) just do not exist obviously (not ONE in exchange)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've never purchased a BO from the exchange, any BO worth having is stupidly overpriced.

I have had the problem with not being able to commission BOs that I purchased from Elsa Mora in Earth Spacedock, but changing instances fixes that. My away team bug predates that problem by quite a bit though.

Hmmm... I had thought what I ran into might be related since it was coming up with the same end result, so I added it to the thread. Well, I do know that following that procedure I posted will lead to the same issue, so hopefully something in there can be gleaned as to what might be causing the bug.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hmmm... I had thought what I ran into might be related since it was coming up with the same end result, so I added it to the thread. Well, I do know that following that procedure I posted will lead to the same issue, so hopefully something in there can be gleaned as to what might be causing the bug.
    No problem at all. In fact I appreciate you posting the info.

Maybe they are somehow related, and perhaps he'll be able to address all of these bugs while he's in there tinkering.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I am also having this issue. Character is only two weeks old. Very annoying to see that pop-up every time, but no ability to actually change the team.

1) What is your BOff setup? (IE Class, rank, powers, species)

Tactical Lieutenant Commander Trill - Photon Grenade I, Suppressing Fire I, Overwatch I, Tactical Team I, Cannon Rapid Fire I, Attack Pattern Beta II

Operations Lieutenant Andorian - Weapons Malfunction I, Reroute Power to Shield Generator I, Engineering Team I, Emergency Power to Shields II

Operations Lieutenant Klingon - Quick Fix I, Shield Generator I, Engineering Team I, Boarding Party I

Tactical Lieutenant Andorian - Photon Grenade I, Leg Sweep II, Torpedo High Yield I and II

Science Lieutenant Bajoran - Medical Tricorder I, Vascular Regenerator I, Polarize Hull I, Science Team II

Science Lieutenant Human - Tachyon Harmonic I, Sonic Pulse I, Tractor Beam I and II

2) Where did you acquire your BOffs? (Mission reward, purchased, Bridge Officer requisition) Mission Reward.

3) How many BOffs do you have total? 6

4) Are you able to change your away team on the Away Team UI? (Bottom of the Assignments tab on the Status UI) Yes.

5) I know it's been a while (and I am sorry about that), but do you remember which mission you started seeing this problem on? From the beginning, I believe.

6) For that matter, approximately what time (date) did you start seeing this? (So I can run down whether or not it's a server issue) Started on my first day of playing - May 12.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Started on my first day of playing - May 12.
    Thanks for posting this. Since DScotty seemed to believe that this problem was no longer occurring with new characters I'll PM him and let him know about it.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Add my Lib Borg Tactical officer to the list

http://www.crimsonspot.com/sto/brokenchar01.jpg

1) What is your BOff setup? (IE Class, rank, powers, species)

Melinda, Engineer, Lt, Standard, Lib Borg
    Sabin, Science, Lt, (Med Tricorder, tachyon harmonic 2, tachyon beam 1, tractor beam 2), Vulcan
    T'Pila, tactical, Lt, (Leg Sweep, Lunge 1, Torpedo: High Yield 1, Beam Target Shields 2), Vulcan
    Tuseir, Tactical, Lt, (Draw Fire 1, Suppressing Fire 1, Torpedo Spread 1, Dispersal Pattern Alpha 1), Bajoran
    Eula, Tactical, Ensign (Photon Grenade 1, Tactical Team 1), Human

2) Where did you aquire your BOffs? (Mission reward, purchased, Bridge Officer requisition)
    Melinda - Cstore unlock
    Sabin - Tutorial
    T'Pila, Tusseir, Eula - Mission reward

3) How many BOffs do you have total?

4) Are you able to change your away team on the Away Team UI? (Bottom of the Assignments tab on the Status UI)
    Yes

5) I know it's been a while (and I am sorry about that), but do you remember which mission you started seeing this problem on?
    Some Investigate planet mission

6) For that matter, approximately what time (date) did you start seeing this? (So I can run down whether or not it's a server issue)

Mid April
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ok - i cannot really answer the questions since most will be UNK replied.

i started my own thread on this some time ago as well. it is unfortunate for you (the devs or bug people into lookers), but real life has been the forefront of my days and i have not logged in enough to gather any further information, and to be honest, i doubt i can remember most of what you ask.

suffice to say, i shall assume (hate using that word) that the issue is still presnt, since my thread and this thread have not been updated.

can we get some sort of update? or have we been forgotten again? i know more information helps you, and i shall be the first to apologize i lack offering you more then what my thread says (that i made) and what my posts say in here, bu i would rather be honest and tell you that since it was a long time ago, i do not recall most of what you ask.

i myself do not care if i have to delete the toon as a, or the, resolution, but i hate to lose a lot of what he has with him and i have limited space on my other toons in which to transfer stuff, let alone the money factor. but really, that is beans to me as well.

i simply would like to know why this has gone on for so long and seemed to have been lost in the city on the edge of forever....and maybe - just possibly - get you to jump into the portal and offer an update....
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Can we please have updates on this?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, to be fair to Cryptic, they only started working on this bug about 3 weeks ago when the first became aware of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yep, the problem still exists for one of my characters. Odd really.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Even more odd, last night while in a team with someone on a patrol mission they were able to change MY Away Team member. I watched it change from Tac to Science after I had already hit accept.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    TerilynnS wrote: »
    Yep, the problem still exists for one of my characters. Odd really.

Mine, too.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    guess i am glad school has been the forefront of activity for me.
    no news from the teams for updates on this.
    and it seems the bug is still there.

ok - back to schoolwork...lol
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Same issue for me, I thought I was doing something wrong? I find I have to relog and change assignments and then beam down
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Bug is still there for only one of my toons. (Again - it just happens to the be the same one I copied to Tribble.) Bug Report 881541 (boy I hope I wrote down that # right)

So far - none of my other characters are affected.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Bug is still there for my character, though my post is now outdated since it's been a week. My other character doesn't have this problem, and can choose his away team normally.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    One (And only one, out of 5 so far) of my characters has this issue as well;

Basically, when the character was created, the option for adjusting the Away Team was grayed out, and has stayed that way since, regardless of how many BOFFs I've attained, or what their setups are.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Basically, when the character was created, the option for adjusting the Away Team was grayed out, and has stayed that way since, regardless of how many BOFFs I've attained, or what their setups are.

This is exactly my problem as well - I know a dev saw this thread weeks ago - I'm just trying to make sure this issue isn't forgotten - thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Would love an update on this.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I would too, unfortunately I can't get an update on this. Normally I'd PM DScotty and just ask him for an update.

Unfortunately I've been recently told that if I PM any of the devs that they will not respond to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Same here.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Okay now 2 of my characters are bugged. I may have figured it out though.

On both of the bugged ones I went through the special unlocks in the C-store prior to the first beam down. Did anyone else do this?

I just created a fourth fed to test this and didn't go into the C-Store at all. And I'm not getting greyed out Away Team picker.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Just wanted to let you all know that I am still tracking this bug down. I'm afraid I don't have any new information to give all you (very helpful) folks, though.

When I do have more information, I will let y'all know.

Thanks for being so awesome!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DScotty wrote:
    Just wanted to let you all know that I am still tracking this bug down. I'm afraid I don't have any new information to give all you (very helpful) folks, though.

Great. In case you need any additional information from us, let us know. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    MightionNY wrote: »
    Still, I bet your bug gets fixed long before mine does - I am never offered Aid the Planet missions. Haven't done one since 2/8, and bugged it 8 days ago.

My rear Admira (alien)l is the same, there seemed to be one cluster that i got a chance of getting them, with this character i joined a fleet by mistake, and suddly i kept getting lots of unwanted aid the planet missions to help to compele. did same thing happen to you? i wonder if the cool down stacked,

anyway i started a new character a benzite and first my exploration mission was a aid the planet so i could complete needs of the many too,
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DScotty wrote:

No sir. Thank YOU for responding to this issue and keeping us informed.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks Scotty! It still exists for me - so if you need any other specific info - please just let me know!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My rear Admira (alien)l is the same

Hm. Mine is an alien, too. Anyone else?

=edit= =edit=

So..

Alien: 3

Borg: 2
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hm. Mine is an alien, too. Anyone else?

1 Alien, 1 Borg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I deleted one of my earlier characters (created during Launch) and created another one with the same name just a few days ago. Now, that one has the same problem of not getting to choose any away team members. Ironically, the one that I created a month ago can.

So, in summary, I now have 2 out of 3 characters that can't choose their away team members when beaming down to a planet.

It appears as if there is some type of option not turned on or something. Very strange....

If you need any more info, let me know