• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Hm. Mine is an alien, too. Anyone else?

=edit=

So..

Alien: 3

Borg: 1

add a borg to the list. the only one i have an issue with is the borg captain at this time.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    add a borg to the list. the only one i have an issue with is the borg captain at this time.

Edited to reflect.

Peregrine, perhaps edit the first post to reflect this as well? Perhaps it is relevant. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Peregrine, perhaps edit the first post to reflect this as well? Perhaps it is relevant. :)
    Unlikely, as the two characters that I'm having this problem with are Human and Vulcan.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Unlikely
    Agreed, I created the same Borg with the same saved costume information and the issue was not there.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Unlikely, as the two characters that I'm having this problem with are Human and Vulcan.
    Agreed, I created the same Borg with the same saved costume information and the issue was not there.

One never knows. I have two aliens and the only difference between them is their name, physical characteristics and profession. Up to the point where the second encountered the bug, both had identical gameplay. Same ships, same BOs, same skills on the BOs. However only one of them encountered the bug, the science officer.

For example, if the bug has never happened to anyone playing an Andorian, Saurian or Klingon, but has affected people playing Borg, Alien, Human Vulcan and Benzite; Dscotty could try to find the differences in the code between the two groups. Finding commonalities that makes the races within the two groups similar and, conversely, what separates the two groups could lead to a solution (or at least point down a potentially productive pathway.)

Perhaps we should also provide information such as the professions of our affected characters, names, and perhaps the names of our BOs and ships (Pre-bug). Since those are the only difference between my two original characters pre-bug, they could be relevant.

I'm a fixer, never discount anything without checking it first. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Perhaps we should also provide information such as the professions of our affected characters, names, and perhaps the names of our BOs and ships (Pre-bug). Since those are the only difference between my two original characters pre-bug, they could be relevant.

What I'm saying is the only difference between the affected borg and the non-affected borg is that the affected borg I grabbed everything out of the c-store before leaving the lounge in the tutorial.

Here's something I noticed too. There is no "I" like there is on my non-glitched characters. (yes, my entire away team is alive, and I have no other "pets" out)

awayteamindicators.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    What I'm saying is the only difference between the affected borg and the non-affected borg is that the affected borg I grabbed everything out of the c-store before leaving the lounge in the tutorial.

Here's something I noticed too. There is no "I" like there is on my non-glitched characters. (yes, my entire away team is alive, and I have no other "pets" out)

awayteamindicators.jpg

My bug started before we even had anything significant to grab from the C-store. Very shortly after launch.

I think I noticed that missing " I " on my bugged character, as well. As if I'm missing a crewmember or as if I am teamed with someone. (With my Tac officer, the only time I see " I - III " missing is when I'm teamed and I focus target. I get " II - VI " depending on how many players are with me and if I'm using my summon security team power.)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Additional information:

I just rememberd that the bug occurred at exactly the same time as all of my characters started having to confirm a team beam down dialogue (when not teamed) whenever docking with Earth Space Dock, Memory Alpha, and every other place we could visit.

Initially I thought that the entire bug (Team dialogue when beaming down to ESD and the inability to select my away team) would hit all of my characters until I logged in with them all and checked. (I had, at the time, a third alien that I had been trying to get to look like a Lyran. Also played in an identical fashion to the first two before the bug hit the second, but it was never affected by the away team bug.)

Perhaps the information regarding the confirmation dialogue big might help Dscotty find the away team bug.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Regarding the possible C-Store connection:

I have five characters. All of them have the Borg Bridge Officer, the Borg Tribble, and the Lifetime Access Code to the Captain's Table. All of these things are claimed from the C-Store.

However, only two of my characters have this bug that prevents them from choosing their away team.

My Admiral character also purchased the Imperial Class ship skin from the C-Store, but this was well after I'd noticed this bug, so it couldn't have been the cause of it.

Also, I know of others who also have these items that are not experiencing this bug.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Additional information:I just rememberd that the bug occurred at exactly the same time as all of my characters started having to confirm a team beam down dialogue (when not teamed) whenever docking with Earth Space Dock, Memory Alpha, and every other place we could visit.

So yours worked normally for a while then suddenly became glitched? That's going to make it even harder to figure out I fear...

Also, I've never had that team beam down dialog pop up when docking at ESD/MA etc. when not in a team. :(

The two of mine that are glitched have been glitched since the away-team mission in the tutorial (probably before that but you know, that's the first time you can see if the away team chooser is grayed out or not). I was wondering if I broke them by getting the Borg BO and going into the Assignments and adding her before I even went to talk to the Captain. I did not have my Borg BO on my first character until a week after launch.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Additional information:

I just rememberd that the bug occurred at exactly the same time as all of my characters started having to confirm a team beam down dialogue (when not teamed) whenever docking with Earth Space Dock, Memory Alpha, and every other place we could visit.

Initially I thought that the entire bug (Team dialogue when beaming down to ESD and the inability to select my away team) would hit all of my characters until I logged in with them all and checked. (I had, at the time, a third alien that I had been trying to get to look like a Lyran. Also played in an identical fashion to the first two before the bug hit the second, but it was never affected by the away team bug.)

Perhaps the information regarding the confirmation dialogue big might help Dscotty find the away team bug.

funny you post this as well.
    i submitted a ticket about this same issue as well a long time ago along with my ticket about the issue at hand.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So yours worked normally for a while then suddenly became glitched? That's going to make it even harder to figure out I fear...

Also, I've never had that team beam down dialog pop up when docking at ESD/MA etc. when not in a team. :(
    funny you post this as well.
    i submitted a ticket about this same issue as well a long time ago along with my ticket about the issue at hand.

Yah, the team beam dialogue affected quite a few people. I had thought it was server wide and affected everyone, from what the GM response to my bug report said. My apologies for the assumption, Crimson. (this was very shortly after launch, if I remember correctly.)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yah, the team beam dialogue affected quite a few people. I had thought it was server wide and affected everyone, from what the GM response to my bug report said. My apologies for the assumption, Crimson. (this was very shortly after launch, if I remember correctly.)

Yeah, My joined Trill is the only character from Head Start, and she's not among the bugged. No wonder this Scotty said this bug was his "personal whale".
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    No wonder this Scotty said this bug was his "personal whale".

And I only just got the Melville reference. *facepalm*
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DScotty wrote:
    Just wanted to let you all know that I am still tracking this bug down. I'm afraid I don't have any new information to give all you (very helpful) folks, though.

When I do have more information, I will let y'all know.

Thanks for being so awesome!

You can freely log onto my account to reproduce it.

I have not been able to select my away team at all as far as i can remember.

It comes up like i have the option but the actual bridge officer selection is greyed out. I installed STO on my laptop from scratch to see if it was my Desktop machine, but after patching and want not I still can't select the BO's that beam down with me.

It pretty much takes them in the order i have them assigned to ground, so my medic always gets to go, since shes on the top of my assignments list.

I thought previously there was a lock away team option but, I'm beginning to think its in my head since I don't see any such option.

On my account I have another bug you might want to look into.

I renamed my RA5 toon but when i goto the skills highlighter dropdown box and scroll through the skills I notice that some of my skills show up as my characters current name, and some show up as my characters Old name.

The skills that show up as the old name seem to bug out alot.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Good news I hope.

I talked with DScotty about this again tonight. He took down my @name and char names, saw my screenshot of the II-V intead of I-IV and has a theory, said he's passing it off to the devs now.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    nice. hopefully if not a solution it gets him closer to fixing this for us.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Keeping my fingers crossed
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    sounds like many of you folks also have the Borg BO, is that true?
  • Options
    edited July 2010

yes, but so do all my other toons and i have no issues with them.

on a new note though...my bugged captain also has this issue on tribble. i noticed it over the weekend when trying a few missions.
    i truely dont want to delete the toon, even though it is really not a huge deal, but then i lose all i have done for him to get where he is.
    sad part is, i like him, but i dont use him as often now (building new toons) since he is bugged.

any news cryptic? if you cant fix this, can you at least tell us?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Good news I hope.

I talked with DScotty about this again tonight. He took down my @name and char names, saw my screenshot of the II-V intead of I-IV and has a theory, said he's passing it off to the devs now.
    Do you, by any chance, know whether there is any news to this? Do you reckon it has been fixed with the arrival of Season 2?
    Not for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i know they are probably busy with the new season launch, but this is getting a bit old.
    either a fix would be nice or a statement saying they cant figure it out would be nice.
    i would like to know whether my toon is doomed or if he can be fixed.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Do you, by any chance, know whether there is any news to this? Do you reckon it has been fixed with the arrival of Season 2?

I talked to him a bit last night, but he was rather busy with S2 launch so I didn't want to ask him to go run check on the devs. He did say he finally had enough evidence that they would actually look into it, but yes, I think they were more concerned about S2.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thank you.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    posting to move it back to page one.....we need this addressed again.

(and yes i know your all busy with S2 stuffs as well, but this was way before that...lol)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I still have this problem as of today as well. I took a look at the roman numeral numbering for my away team as some of the other posters suggested. When I ask my away team to focus fire, it shows II, III, IV, V instead of the proper numbering of I, II, III, and IV as is noted on their individual portraits.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    zaharia wrote: »
    I still have this problem as of today as well. I took a look at the roman numeral numbering for my away team as some of the other posters suggested. When I ask my away team to focus fire, it shows II, III, IV, V instead of the proper numbering of I, II, III, and IV as is noted on their individual portraits.
    Awesome, I'll let Scotty know about this when I see him next, when I showed him that picture it seemed to give him an idea, if we can confirm that all of us are having that problem it might help.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I have one character that does not have the problem with an away team choice. I will test this one and post the results
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Okay, I tested this out on my non bugged character. This character can choose which members needed for the away team. The numbering problem is the same as my bugged characters. So, I do not know if this is a new bug or helps to solve the old one :(
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    bump to front as this is still not addressed or fixed.

please let us know something (aside from we are working on it)

this has killed gameplay for my toon that is effected by this. he sits in limbo waiting, as i do.