What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Dude...YOU ROCK!!!

Thank you!

I'll be working out at least 4 more variants of the T'Pol jumpsuit as well as the Kes mock-ups I promised over the weekend. I'll have them all posted before Thursday next week.

:cool:
    edited November 2010
    I might have missed this up thread so pardon me, but is there any hope for you to kitbash the enterprise jumpsuits into the Duty jumpsuits from TOS and TNG?
    edited November 2010
    jennjahn wrote: »
    I might have missed this up thread so pardon me, but is there any hope for you to kitbash the enterprise jumpsuits into the Duty jumpsuits from TOS and TNG?

Sure, I'll see what I can do.

edited November 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Sure, I'll see what I can do.

Fantastic! Don't forget Maintenance Division Orange (and our snazzy yellow/tan workboots)!

<Mutters to myself>Oh when will cryptic put out that baseball cap?....
    edited November 2010
    I find it interesting that you have to select from the row of purples, but on the show, the uniforms looked blue to me. But in here, it's definitely purple.
    edited November 2010
    How can this not be a sticky?

I have to go remake my TNG uni's now. I got close but this is just awsome.

Thank you.
    edited November 2010
    It also makes for one very impressive printed stack of paper.
    edited November 2010
    I find it interesting that you have to select from the row of purples, but on the show, the uniforms looked blue to me. But in here, it's definitely purple.

Yep. I tested the blues against the in-game lighting first but they just didn't look right. The blue-violet definitely matches better.

edited November 2010
    Jacoben wrote:
    How can this not be a sticky?

I have to go remake my TNG uni's now. I got close but this is just awesome.

Thank you.

You're welcome.
    It also makes for one very impressive printed stack of paper.

OMG, I've been hard copied. Thanks. That's quite a compliment in this new paperless world.

edited November 2010
    Wow, I choose the same colours for the ENT uniforms as you Blackavaar (well I was one square off for Gold)
    edited November 2010

They always looked purple on the show to me...
    edited November 2010
    OMG, I've been hard copied. Thanks. That's quite a compliment in this new paperless world.

I just found that it was easier and faster for me to print out a hard copy of every uniform that you've done. It's easier than hitting alt tab when selecting the colors. I plan on putting all of the pages into an organized binder at somepoint, when I eventually have the money for it.

On another note I know I would love to see color guides made for the 25th century Mirror Universe Unis. Would be a great way to put together an Imperial Starfleet. XD
    edited November 2010
    I just found that it was easier and faster for me to print out a hard copy of every uniform that you've done. It's easier than hitting alt tab when selecting the colors. I plan on putting all of the pages into an organized binder at somepoint, when I eventually have the money for it.

you could alway run the game in windowed mode... But hard copies are cool.
    edited November 2010
    Tuskin wrote:
    you could alway run the game in windowed mode... But hard copies are cool.

I would if my computer could, which it can't unfortunately. Anyways I find hardcopies to be far more useful and less troublesome.
    edited November 2010
    This guide is a must read. If they ever enable in-game c-point gifting I'm totally going to hook you up. The thing I ponder is, post Motion Picture Uniforms what's left for cryptic? Okay MACO uniforms--which seem to be a cammo paint version of ENT jumpsuits, but beyond that what's left?
    edited November 2010
    jennjahn wrote: »
    This guide is a must read. If they ever enable in-game c-point gifting I'm totally going to hook you up. The thing I ponder is, post Motion Picture Uniforms what's left for cryptic? Okay MACO uniforms--which seem to be a cammo paint version of ENT jumpsuits, but beyond that what's left?

I have a long list.

* The Alll Good Things Uniforms
    * Admiral Uniforms for every time period set
    * Dress Uniforms for every time period
    * Space Suits
    * Desert Climate Gear
    * Combat Gear
    * Arctic Climate Gear
    * The Uniforms from the Original Pilot of Star Trek, The Cage
    * Kirk's Captain Shirt (There are two green shirts he wore)
    * The Mirror Universe Captain's Uniform
    * Romulan Uniforms for all Centuries
    * 23rd Century Female Klingon Uniforms
    * McCoy's Medical Uniform
    * The Starfleet Security outfits from Star Treks I - VI
    * The Starfleet Engineering Outfits from Star Treks I - VI
    * Star Trek TNG Unifoms from Seasons 1 & 2, This includes the skant
    * Wesley's Uniforms.
    * Starfleet Cadet Pips need to be added for all time periods. (Speaking of the Starfleet Cadets, any chance for a guide for those uniforms, Blackavaar?)

And that's everything off the top of my head.
    edited November 2010
    I have a long list.

* The Alll Good Things Uniforms
    * Admiral Uniforms for every time period set
    * Dress Uniforms for every time period
    * Space Suits
    * Desert Climate Gear
    * Combat Gear
    * Arctic Climate Gear
    * The Uniforms from the Original Pilot of Star Trek, The Cage
    * Kirk's Captain Shirt (There are two green shirts he wore)
    * The Mirror Universe Captain's Uniform
    * Romulan Uniforms for all Centuries
    * 23rd Century Female Klingon Uniforms
    * McCoy's Medical Uniform
    * The Starfleet Security outfits from Star Treks I - VI
    * The Starfleet Engineering Outfits from Star Treks I - VI
    * Star Trek TNG Unifoms from Seasons 1 & 2, This includes the skant
    * Wesley's Uniforms.
    * Starfleet Cadet Pips need to be added for all time periods. (Speaking of the Starfleet Cadets, any chance for a guide for those uniforms, Blackavaar?)

And that's everything off the top of my head.

Nice list.

Add to that proper TNG Female Klingon uniforms (with the cleavage) Lursa and B'Etor style.
    And tons of Off Duty stuff from all cultures and centuries.

And I have been considering adding cadet variants for all uniforms.

edited November 2010
    You forgot Bajoran Uniforms, Dr. Crusher's jacket, 29th century uniforms, spacesuits from every era, TWoK away team jackets, Spock's robes from ST: IV, the Section 31 all black unis, Zefram Cochrane's hat :p ... of course, some of this stuff is in development, from both our lists...
    edited November 2010
    Felderburg wrote: »
    You forgot Bajoran Uniforms, Dr. Crusher's jacket, 29th century uniforms, spacesuits from every era, TWoK away team jackets, Spock's robes from ST: IV, the Section 31 all black unis, Zefram Cochrane's hat :p ... of course, some of this stuff is in development, from both our lists...

Tis the reason why I said off the top of my head. Had I actually put some real thought into the list I'm sure the list would be a mile long. :p

Still It's good to know that some of the stuff from both of our lists are already in development. Should be interesting to see what comes out in the next few months.
    edited November 2010
    Here are all of the variants I could match or come close to matching for the T'Pol Jumpsuit. Of course, some of these colors are not technically canon as I would like them to be because we are limited to using the Uniform color pallet, but I think they turned out pretty good overall and they give that T'Pol feel we want regardless. I hope you all like them.

Note on Jumpsuit 5: The white I chose is the lightest possible without getting that annoying glare when in bright lighting.

T'Pol Jumpsuit 1
    T'Pol Jumpsuit 2
    T'Pol Jumpsuit 3
    T'Pol Jumpsuit 4
    T'Pol Jumpsuit 5
    T'Pol Jumpsuit 6
    T'Pol Jumpsuit 7

Enjoy!

edited November 2010
    I'm printing these. :D

Well at least numbers 4-7 since I already printed out pages 1-3. XD
    edited November 2010

In the show they looked more purplish in the first season or so but they later (season 2 ish?) introduced the more blue looking version. I'll have to try the colors you came up with my first version is more in line with the more purple/blue ones.
    edited November 2010
    Blackavaar, your guides for uniform colours have been extremely helpful to me! Thank you very much for all the time and attention you've put in to them! It's all greatly appreciated! :)
    edited November 2010
    great work, but i have to ask (and im sorry if this has already been addressed), but on your klingon male ds9 guide, you use a gauntlet/glove option that isn't open to me in the game. is there something i havent done, perhaps?
    edited November 2010
    I'm printing these. :D

Well at least numbers 4-7 since I already printed out pages 1-3. XD
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    Blackavaar, your guides for uniform colours have been extremely helpful to me! Thank you very much for all the time and attention you've put in to them! It's all greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you. Thank you. It's nice to be appreciated.
    pr1983 wrote: »
    great work, but i have to ask (and im sorry if this has already been addressed), but on your klingon male ds9 guide, you use a gauntlet/glove option that isn't open to me in the game. is there something i havent done, perhaps?

That particular gauntlet was limited to females in the beginning, then it was available on males too. Now it seems to be limited to females again. I don't know if the change was intentional or not. Hopefully it will be made available again as there really is no reason to limit it.

Until then just substitute Gauntlet 01. I know it's not the same but we work with what tools we are given.

edited November 2010
    Kes Outfits are here everyone.
    In addition to finding them below they can also be found in the Special section of the Off Duty guide.

Kes Outfit 1
    Kes Outfit 2
    Kes Outfit 3
    Kes/Tieran Outfit 4

I hope you like them. Enjoy!

edited November 2010
    I just printed everything from Yesterday... and today just logged on. :D

Blackavaar can you believe that you have put together over 250 color guides?

Also... can you please do the 25th Century Mirror Universe Uniforms next? It looks like it's going to be a little while until the next Uniform set is released in the C-store.
    edited November 2010
    I just printed everything from Yesterday... and today just logged on. :D

Blackavaar can you believe that you have put together over 250 color guides?

Also... can you please do the 25th Century Mirror Universe Uniforms next? It looks like it's going to be a little while until the next Uniform set is released in the C-store.

Over 250? Wow! I hadn't realized.

The 25th Century MU uniforms are next on my list, then the Cadet uniforms and the mock-ups for Technician Coveralls through the years.

edited November 2010
    Over 250? Wow! I hadn't realized.

It's something one figures out when one is trying to put a binder together for it. Afterall I need to know how many supplies I need to get my hands on to execute the project.
    The 25th Century MU uniforms are next on my list, then the Cadet uniforms and the mock-ups for Technician Coveralls through the years.

Awesome.

I'm so going to be making use of all of this stuff in my UGC missions. :)
    edited November 2010
    Can you put all your guides together to a zip/rar file? - Considering the amount of single guides that would be a neat feature for people who haven't downloaded everything right back from the start.
This discussion has been closed.