test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Weekend bump.

I'll be working on some mock-ups of Lethean Mercenary Wear (DS9), Deferi Fashions and Mercenary Outfits (in-game) and a certain 20th century Formal Outfit (hint: TOS time travel episode, Earth 1968) over the weekend.

:cool:
    edited September 2010
    DS9's Lethean Mercenaries have been added to the Klingon Uniform Guide.

And a new "Special" section has been added to the Off Duty Uniform Guide. The first entry in this section is Gary Seven. All three of the suits he wore in the TOS episode "Assignment: Earth" are represented. I hope you like them as much as I do.

I plan on adding more to this section based on special characters from the various series. Next up Kivas Fajo from the TNG episode "The Most Toys". If anyone has any requests let me know.

Enjoy!

edited September 2010
    Ever since I decided to put my crew in matching uniforms(trust me, they were a mess before..), I've been using this guide quite often.

Thanks for the great guide. Keep it up.
    edited September 2010
    Sonaos wrote: »
    Ever since I decided to put my crew in matching uniforms(trust me, they were a mess before..), I've been using this guide quite often.

Definitely, the best non-sticked thread on here.
    edited September 2010
    Sonaos wrote: »

Mailman653 wrote: »
    Definitely, the best non-sticked thread on here.

Thank you both.

edited October 2010
    I agree with the above quoted. I have put my main and alts all in TNG Film era uniforms as I am RPing them all as part of the same task force and the colors are spot on.

I nominate this thread for a sticky.
    edited October 2010
    John0901 wrote:
    I agree with the above quoted. I have put my main and alts all in TNG Film era uniforms as I am RPing them all as part of the same task force and the colors are spot on.

I nominate this thread for a sticky.

Thank you as well.

edited October 2010
    Any chance getting the color chart for the C-Store version? I tried to copy it myself, but I can't seem to get it right, and you're so good at it (flattery flattery flattery :D).

As promised, here are the CStore versions.

CStore Mercenary 1
    CStore Mercenary 2

I've added these to the Off Duty Uniforms section as well, for easy reference.

Enjoy!

edited October 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    As promised, here are the CStore versions...
    Once again you come through in flying colors B-Man. I can't wait to get home tonight and "fix" my Merc outfit to make it "canon" - You're the best, thanks!!!
    edited October 2010
    Anytime, PV.

edited October 2010
    Requested player convenience bump.

edited October 2010
    Y'know I have skipped over this thread for MONTHS because I thought is was referring to the colors of CANNONS as they FIRED...

Looking at it for the first time -- this is BRILLIANT! And thanks so much for putting it together!
    edited October 2010
    latimer wrote: »
    Y'know I have skipped over this thread for MONTHS because I thought is was referring to the colors of CANNONS as they FIRED...

Looking at it for the first time -- this is BRILLIANT! And thanks so much for putting it together!

Ha ha ha! That gave me a chuckle.

Thanks and you are welcome!

edited October 2010
    The mock-up for the Kivas Fajo outfit can now be found in the Off Duty section.

Next up, the infamous Vorta; Weyoun, Keevan and Yelgrun.

edited October 2010
    These guides are extremely helpful. Your eye for detail really brings the designs to life. I am surprised this is not stickied.
    edited October 2010
    These guides are extremely helpful. Your eye for detail really brings the designs to life. I am surprised this is not stickied.

Thank you. I'm glad it helps you.

Still hoping for a sticky some day myself. I'll keep updating it either way.

edited October 2010
    If not a sticky, at least in the index thread. Might need to make a new one of those since the OP of that thread is gone.
    edited October 2010
    These are all great guides, but your color palettes are different from those used in game, did I miss something that explained how to use those properly? It might be easier if the game's actual palettes in the diagrams.
    edited October 2010
    Hello, I have had much use of these guides, and the thread has been bookmarked for a long time. It's certainly sticky-material, if we judge it's usefulness. Just wanted to say thanks, saved a lot of time and made those BO's look more snappy. :)

---
    edited October 2010
    ACES_HIGH wrote: »
    These are all great guides, but your color palettes are different from those used in game, did I miss something that explained how to use those properly? It might be easier if the game's actual palettes in the diagrams.

What do you mean?

The color pallets I used are the pallets in the game. I simply cut them out of screen shots that I took.

Remember certain uniform parts use one pallet, while others use another one. But the appropriate pallet is used with the appropriate uniforms in all of these guides.

The only exception is top portion of the Mirror Universe Sash, which is currently bugged and is using the wrong (fed uniform) pallet, instead of the (off duty) pallet that the flapping portion of the belt uses.

This is a side effect of the Wrath of Kahn belt being added to that slot and hopefully it will be fixed in short order.

edited October 2010
    The TMP uniforms are out soon but looking at some of the uniform designs it doesn't look hard to knock something similar up with the options that are already there. Any chance of colour-coding those in readiness? :)
    edited October 2010
    Pauln6 wrote:
    The TMP uniforms are out soon but looking at some of the uniform designs it doesn't look hard to knock something similar up with the options that are already there. Any chance of colour-coding those in readiness? :)

Yes, the Seven of Nine jumpsuit, the entire ENT set and the TMP uniforms will be added shortly after they are released on Tribble, assuming there are no coloring problems that prevent it.

edited October 2010
    oh just so you know the TWOK uniform have been updated and now the belt is separate option from the jacket so it needs the color options reworked. also the in game colors have been changed as well so all or them need some updating.
    edited October 2010
    oh just so you know the TWOK uniform have been updated and now the belt is separate option from the jacket so it needs the color options reworked. also the in game colors have been changed as well so all or them need some updating.

Honestly, I don't like the new WoK belt at all. The belt is too thin and the buckle (specifically the circle surrounding the delta) looks very flimsy and does not match canon. I'm holding out for a bit in hopes that they fix it before I redo the guides.

And I've been busy trying to level my Klingons recently (whose pallet has not changed), but I'll check out the new color pallets and see if an update is necessary.

Thanks!

edited October 2010
    Okay, I'm looking at the different color pallets and colors in-game and I'm not seeing a change.

What are you seeing? What has changed? Screen shots, please.

Note; My monitor settings are listed at the bottom of the OP. Maybe yours are simply set differently?

edited October 2010
    never mind, my mistake, I forgot that not all the costumes use the same palette.
    edited October 2010
    ACES_HIGH wrote: »
    never mind, my mistake, I forgot that not all the costumes use the same palette.

Kool. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I was starting to think I was missing a patch or something.

Update: The Seven of Nine jumpsuit variants will be added very soon (it'll be in the C-Store this weekend!) as will my mock-ups for the Vorta.

edited October 2010
    Did you do "spin the wheel" episode? I saw that the operatives top looked familiar. here’s a hint: 7 of 9.
    edited October 2010
    Did you do "spin the wheel" episode? I saw that the operatives top looked familiar. here’s a hint: 7 of 9.

Yep. I noticed that too.

edited October 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't like the new WoK belt at all. The belt is too thin and the buckle (specifically the circle surrounding the delta) looks very flimsy and does not match canon. I'm holding out for a bit in hopes that they fix it before I redo the guides.

And I've been busy trying to level my Klingons recently (whose pallet has not changed), but I'll check out the new color pallets and see if an update is necessary.

Thanks!

i agree that the belts don't match too well, the medallion of the buckle is way too small and needs to be re-sized.:rolleyes:

The rank pips on the shoulder and sleeves still aren't fixed in so that you can set them to differing proper ranks yet. if they need reference material i know of several places to find the actual graphics used in the films.:)
This discussion has been closed.