What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What to do if you get stuck

Comments

• Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had this happen to me back when I was doing the story missions, on that Romulan mission where you have to escape from prison then hike across the desert. Got literally "scan one doohickey" away from finishing it and got stuck on top of a cactus. Had to redo the whole desert part from the beginning.

Tremendous memories.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    xdotsxxdotsx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had this happen to me back when I was doing the story missions, on that Romulan mission where you have to escape from prison then hike across the desert. Got literally "scan one doohickey" away from finishing it and got stuck on top of a cactus. Had to redo the whole desert part from the beginning.

Tremendous memories.

I remember that cactus.......... Thankfully I was able to free myself somehow after a minute or so.
  • Options
    pstank1pstank1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am a newcomer to this game. I want this game to work. However, I get stuck at the exact same spot every single time.

When ever I create a new character, and go through the tutorial. I get stuck right before I have to dock at Earth Spacedock. I am getting frustrated because I have already tried everything in this thread. I even deleted my characters and started new ones and I just get stuck in the exact same spot. I can clearly see all the other Spaceships flying around quite fine, but I am the only one stuck.

I also tried to contact the GM using the in-game feature. I don't think it works for me. I put my character name in and submit, but it doesn't respond at all. (I'm not sure what happens afterwards if I use that feature).

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! i REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!
  • Options
    sean669sean669 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, i just wanted to ask if this works on a mission called "Diplomatic Orders" specifically the part where its your first time seeing undine, i was defeating him when he suddenly transformed into his human form again and i couldnt fully kill him. Then the quest told me to follow him but he just remained in place and i couldnt finish the quest, he just stays in place not doing anything. pls help.
  • Options
    kirayoshihokirayoshiho Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a bug in the exploration assignments. Mission is to scan for Decalithium with Unikuian beaming down and inhibiting your progress. However I HAVE NO AWAY TEAM!!! Somehow the team has beamed in below the surface! I am on my own :(

Tried beaming down several times but still left solo. The only way to correct this was to do a sucide run on the Unikuian and get myself killed in order for me to respawn.

I know I have solved the issue but killing yourself on purpose is not the right or 'logical' way of playing the game...:confused:
  • Options
    maspien83maspien83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    getting stuck loading two PWI games at the same time. They keep crashing each other.
  • Options
    radio1000radio1000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello. I am able to log into my account but am UNABLE to beam to ship, interact with characters, walk through automatic doors and change instance. I opened a ticket with support and submitted a video of my problem but support has yet to send me a constructive reply.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is this a zone problem? Do I just need to be moved to a different zone? I really would like to play this game and need help.
  • Options
    radio1000radio1000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sean669 wrote: »
    Hi, i just wanted to ask if this works on a mission called "Diplomatic Orders" specifically the part where its your first time seeing undine, i was defeating him when he suddenly transformed into his human form again and i couldnt fully kill him. Then the quest told me to follow him but he just remained in place and i couldnt finish the quest, he just stays in place not doing anything. pls help.

I am experiencing something very similar. Please tell me if you find a solution.
  • Options
    finious2finious2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well I was on the fortilla and tried to beam to my ship and got stuck at 94% so I have tried atleast 10 times to load it always gets stuck on server not responding. I tried all the video setting from hi to low and nothing helped the romulan toon and ofcourse it has my keys and lock boxes on it from legacy pack or else I would have just deleted him he is the only toon that will not log in even if I leave it for 30 minutes on the server not responding
  • Options
    solienasoliena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game-breaking bug:
    Stuck in Temer's office after attempting to start "The Helix". Long story short: completed the intro parts (outfit and ship customization), picked up starter gear, talked to the mission giver and beamed up to ship to start "The Helix". After beaming up, mission log is empty, no active mission is shown, no objective indication. Tried to return to Romulan Flottila to get the mission "jump-started" somehow, but mission giver refuses to talk to my character, and after entering Temer's office, I cannot leave it as the turbolift gives an error message: "[InteractionFailed] You are not ready to explore the Flotilla. Speak with Temer." Obviously, I cannot speak to Temer. Beam to ship button is greyed out.
  • Options
    firestorm10491firestorm10491 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am stuck in the mission Bigger Picture. The 1st wave of Cardassians is bugged and will not blow up. I can get the ship down to 0 but it is immune to death. When I try and drop the mission the button is grayed out.

I have tried the following methods.
    All the methods listed in this thread.
    Respawning.
    Restarting the client.

My character is permanently stuck on this mission with no ability to progress.

Update: A force verify from the launcher fixed the issue. However the mission drop button issue should still be looked into.
  • Options
    penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the feeling reading the first post in this thread Cryptic has just told me to 'suck-it-up' and live with these problems in game.
  • Options
    funkymunky2kfunkymunky2k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok well 1st thing is 1st, sorry for posting this here but for some reason after playing for 3 years i cannot create new threads *thanks cryptic* but im having a HUGE problem, EVERY time i play colony invasion my game just crashes out back to desktop and i mean EVERY time, i can do normal missions, stf's pvp and everything else but not colony invasion, whats up with that???
  • Options
    funkymunky2kfunkymunky2k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok well 1st thing is 1st, sorry for posting this here but for some reason after playing for 3 years i cannot create new threads *thanks cryptic* but im having a HUGE problem, EVERY time i play colony invasion my game just crashes out back to desktop and i mean EVERY time, i can do normal missions, stf's pvp and everything else but not colony invasion, whats up with that???

and oh yeah cyrptic just noticed this

funkymunky2k
    Ensign

what the hell?? iv been playing the game for 3 years and posted over 300 posts, i was Lt or Lt Cmdr and now im ensign - posts 1 - and join date jun 2013........care to explain????
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and oh yeah cyrptic just noticed this

funkymunky2k
    Ensign

what the hell?? iv been playing the game for 3 years and posted over 300 posts, i was Lt or Lt Cmdr and now im ensign - posts 1 - and join date jun 2013........care to explain????

ok so...ignore this, i was signed into my F2P account and not my main lol, but the bug about crashouts whilst in colony invasion still stands XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maelstromvortexmaelstromvortex Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried everything mentioned here, warping to sector.. going to bridge.. etc.. cannot get out of Kerrat 8, always says unable to transfer character.
  • Options
    adventurebroadventurebro Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's a new kind of stuck for you:

I've just started playing a KDF toon that I created around the time of the Odyssey/Bortas event. First off, I was stuck in what seemed to be some legacy tutorial room, I managed to get out of that with some help from a player who knew the problem.

After going through a few of the new Klingon episodes I get to Space Chase. It tells me to warp to sector space using the button, but the button is greyed out and says "unavailable". I try an old trick of flying to the edge of the map (which is a long way away in Qo'nos orbit), that lets me warp to the sector. I notice in the following missions that I still cannot use this button, nor can I use the beam out/abort mission button. Finally I notice that I cannot use transwarp or visit my starship bridge. It's only a matter of time before I become properly stuck with none of the traditional ways out.

Anyone have any insight into this, or any solutions?
  • Options
    chezmazterchezmazter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now if only this had some help for Installation 18...
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chezmazter wrote: »
    Now if only this had some help for Installation 18...

Send a support bug ticket in then, they will try and sort it out for you i hope this helpes :P
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    commanderkahlaincommanderkahlain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Launcher hangs at start up. Only error message is "Cryptic Gamer Launcher Has Stopped Working..."

I have re-installed the game and get the same results.

By the way, Neverwinter is still working fine.
  • Options
    adventurebroadventurebro Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's a new kind of stuck for you:

I've just started playing a KDF toon that I created around the time of the Odyssey/Bortas event. First off, I was stuck in what seemed to be some legacy tutorial room, I managed to get out of that with some help from a player who knew the problem.

After going through a few of the new Klingon episodes I get to Space Chase. It tells me to warp to sector space using the button, but the button is greyed out and says "unavailable". I try an old trick of flying to the edge of the map (which is a long way away in Qo'nos orbit), that lets me warp to the sector. I notice in the following missions that I still cannot use this button, nor can I use the beam out/abort mission button. Finally I notice that I cannot use transwarp or visit my starship bridge. It's only a matter of time before I become properly stuck with none of the traditional ways out.

Anyone have any insight into this, or any solutions?

Well I have found that place and it is Nimbus III. I am completely unable to leave because the only way out is the 'Beam Out' button. I can't even hit up a PvE queue because it will spit me back out into the social zone with no exit. I'm guessing DS9 would have done the same to me if I'd ended up there first.
  • Options
    sharksinspacesharksinspace Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Though I haven't seen any mention of this its on the same vein as the rest of the thread: In the "A Better Defense" (or whatever it is called) mission, all my shuttles, including myself, freeze as if in some sort of perverse flash mob as the end of the first wave approaches. The enemies if they are still alive take this chance to pound on me, or if they are all dead I get to watch the walker Godzilla its way through the colony. It seems to be based on following me as they all get in their positions around me before freezing. Anyone here have any idea as to how to stop this so that I can finish and get to Subadmiral.
  • Options
    arhangheldaterarhangheldater Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello Hi everione i seem to have a problem
    Mi problem is like this i log in star trek online it loades and when it shows Legacy of Romulus it stops it wont move past that its so Frustrating , i dont know what to do it just stays there by the wey i have Windows 7 on mi pc
    I NEED HELP

it wont load mi Caracter
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited October 2013
    Hello Hi everione i seem to have a problem
    Mi problem is like this i log in star trek online it loades and when it shows Legacy of Romulus it stops it wont move past that its so Frustrating , i dont know what to do it just stays there by the wey i have Windows 7 on mi pc
    I NEED HELP

it wont load mi Caracter

I got the same thing tonight, had turned up video world resolution to max, and mistakenly gone into uniforms to change things when it crashed. now i too cannot get past the legacy of romulus screen to lower the video settings back, so now what? :(
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited October 2013
    I got the same thing tonight, had turned up video world resolution to max, and mistakenly gone into uniforms to change things when it crashed. now i too cannot get past the legacy of romulus screen to lower the video settings back, so now what? :(

I figured it out
    1) start the launcher
    2) sign in
    3) choose options
    4) checkbox the safe mode option (resets lowest video settings defaults)
    5) select Engage
    6) when you get to the character select, choose options, then return to normal settings
    7) apply settings
    8) exit the app and restart, now it works again!

good luck ;)
  • Options
    klingonwerewolfklingonwerewolf Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    None of this is working for the mission Mine Enemy. Currently it has allowed me to open the secret door in the mine but will not continue after that point. I've tried all of these little tricks and it's still messed up. I even reported it via the Cryptic crash report. I checked my email and I seem to have been totally ignored. I figured maybe the maintenance might fix it but it hasn't. Now I'm beginning to lose my patience. I've gone through this mission with my Klingon and now I'm trying with my Federation toon so I do know that there is suppose to be an animated sequence after the opening of the secret door. That sequence isn't there and the objectives don't change as they are suppose to. Instead it's as if the sequence has played but you can't continue the mission. I've logged out and back in several times. I've tried warping to sector. I've dropped the mission and started it over. I even skipped past to Frozen and it did the same sort of thing. It let me get to a certain point then the objectives stopped progressing. I don't know and don't care what is wrong with these missions. All of the others have worked perfectly fine. I just ask that this problem get fixed and now not five years from now.
  • Options
    n00b1001n00b1001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have the same problem with enemy mine. The mission status doesn't update after opening the secret door, making the mission impossible to finish, even after killing everyone in the tal shiar base, reading all messages etc.

Restartet the mission three times now and always the same bug. And finally it pisses me, because I won't be able to finish the special event.
  • Options
    tonecapone2011tonecapone2011 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After scanning the third debris field, the Hirogen anomaly opens and sucks you in.

However, it did not load the next map. I am currently stuck in the anomaly with no way of doing anything.

Dropped the mission - no effect. Relogged - reloads right back in the same spot.

Unable to warp to sector space or transwarp due to being in combat. Unable to respawn because there is no way to die.

This character is now completely unplayable until the issue is resolved.

Absolutely unacceptable.

This game has been out for over 3 years now, but continues to struggle with loads of bugs. And, in this case, bugs so extreme that they make the game unplayable.
This discussion has been closed.