• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    couldn't transfer character error cant do any thing :(
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Cannyone wrote: »
    Several times now, when invited to a Klingon Bridge I have got stuck inside the bulkhead. The "/stuck" command did nothing. I couldn't abort anything, and the option to "beam up" was greyed out. And curiously I didn't show up as being on their bridge so the other Captain couldn't even kick me... All I could do was exit the game completely wait for 10 minutes then log back in. Then I found myself back where I originally was, as though I had never tried to visit someone's Bridge.

I had another instance of being stuck on someone's bridge last night. It was the default bridge of the B'rel Bird of Prey. One might think that this issue might have been fixed in almost 6 months... But sadly Cryptic does NOT fix their bugs. I supposed they think it gives their games "character". :rolleyes:

And a few days ago I was doing a Fed mission in Alpha Centauri and when I beamed back up to my ship - my ship was lodged half way into a Nav Beacon. This is another case of something that has not been fixed in over six months. (As I know it used to happen quite frequently soon after release.) So my question is... What IS the Bug Department, at Cryptic, DOING????? I mean besides taking home a paycheck and commiserating with each other at the water-cooler...
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    GM_Litana wrote:
    Hey, everyone!

Below is a guide to the many ways you can free yourself or work around issues in the event you get stuck. These options are designed to allow you to help yourself without having to wait in line for a GM to help you. This is not only faster for you, but these tools are what we will normally recommend first if you do get stuck. There are a few different scenarios in which you can get "stuck", and they have slightly different workarounds.

Can't load into the game at all/hang on loading screens
    While we are currently investigating exactly what causes this, the workaround we have found helps most players. It involves accessing the Video Options and lowering the World Detail Level setting. We're working to create more robust self-help options in cases like this.

Lowering your video settings if you can't log into the game:
    • Open the launcher and log in.
    • On the Character Selection screen, click "Log Out".
    • Click the Options button on the right side of the screen.
    • On the Video tab, under Advanced options, lower the World Detail Level setting.
    • Log back in, and load into the game.
    • You may increase the World Detail Level setting slightly, but keep it relatively low.

I hope you have found the above workarounds helpful. Our goal is to make sure that you have options available to resolve minor issues and get you back in the game quickly.

Litana

Unfortunately, the above suggestions are useless. I'm testing the game to see if it's worth buying, and it appears it's a resounding NO!

Too many bug posts in the 'Recent Connections and Lockups' threads, too many disconnect, bug posts, preventing game play.

I can't get into the game now. And, have zero tolerance for such shoddy work. It's a waste of time and money to attempt to play a game... that doesn't work, nor do the developers seem to care about fixing it.

Fix it, or I'll not be the only one shopping elsewhere. In this day and age, this kind of poor workmanship doesn't cut it.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Unfortunately, the above suggestions are useless. I'm testing the game to see if it's worth buying, and it appears it's a resounding NO!

Too many bug posts in the 'Recent Connections and Lockups' threads, too many disconnect, bug posts, preventing game play.

I can't get into the game now. And, have zero tolerance for such shoddy work. It's a waste of time and money to attempt to play a game... that doesn't work, nor do the developers seem to care about fixing it.

Fix it, or I'll not be the only one shopping elsewhere. In this day and age, this kind of poor workmanship doesn't cut it.

Good luck.

The inference would be that this game is nothing but buggy, which is actually far from the case. Considering the amount of hours people put in it is hardly surprising that some issues are encountered. Despite it's flaws, it is still something I consider worth paying for.

Just consider for a moment how many people play this game, how many cumulative hours are spent on it, then look at how few posts are on this thread, and how spread some of the dates between posts are. Don't overstate the case.

And for you kids whining about some bugs that still exist, how about the more pressing bugs that HAVE been fixed. Give credit where it is due eh? The game is far more stable and playable than it was 6 months ago. Just trace back through the engineering reports and release notes and count how many fixes have been introduced.

It's a damn shot better than playing bloody Farmville...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The inference would be that this game is nothing but buggy, which is actually far from the case. Considering the amount of hours people put in it is hardly surprising that some issues are encountered. Despite it's flaws, it is still something I consider worth paying for.

Just consider for a moment how many people play this game, how many cumulative hours are spent on it, then look at how few posts are on this thread, and how spread some of the dates between posts are. Don't overstate the case.

And for you kids whining about some bugs that still exist, how about the more pressing bugs that HAVE been fixed. Give credit where it is due eh? The game is far more stable and playable than it was 6 months ago. Just trace back through the engineering reports and release notes and count how many fixes have been introduced.

It's a damn shot better than playing bloody Farmville...

*Deep Sigh... I've been here since closed beta. And sadly I have to say that ScorpiousAntares has a point. There ARE more unattended bugs in STO than in any other MMO I've played in the last 10 years. And I've played most of them, not all, just 'most' of them. To be honest, the ONLY two reasons I am still here is that one of my best friends is an absolute Star Trek fan. And I have a lifetime sub (which I regret buying for myself and my friend).

Recently my friend got a new gaming laptop. The catch is that it has an ATI 5870 mobile graphics chip in it. And I have to say this game plays like TRIBBLE on ATI hardware. We struggled allot trying to play through the Deferi Missions together because he kept crashing. And we know it's not the computer per se, other games like Mass Effect 2 play flawlessly, with everything dialed up. But NOT STO, it will barely play. And I know from other members of my Fleet that people with ATI graphics do have more than their share of issues.

So technically I don't feel ScorpiousAntares is too far out of line. It's easy for me to imagine him trying to get help with this game, and getting No Help at all from Cryptic. So I am certain he's just really frustrated. Now maybe you can't relate... but I know I can! (Even without having to suffer through exactly what he has experienced.)

You say:
    Just consider for a moment how many people play this game, how many cumulative hours are spent on it, then look at how few posts are on this thread, and how spread some of the dates between posts are.
    But most of us have learned not to bother with these forums. We work out the problems on our own and try to help our friends play because we really like the Star Trek IP. Still we know that Cryptic isn't doing a very good job here. And what they call "Support" is a complete joke!

Oh, and one more point. I've never really played "Farmville" (yes I know what it is...) but saying this is better than that game is ... Stupid! They aren't alike at all. Maybe I can see the point of STO being more complex than Farmville. Though it's still not a useful comparison. There are, or have been, plenty of other games out that have the same level of complexity that STO has which, if compared, have fewer bugs. (From a logical perspective what you are doing is called a "straw man" argument... Google it if you want to learn something!)

The sad part is that lots of other MMOs don't survive. And, not trying to be alarming, but one of the common threads I've noticed with games that fail... they don't listen to their player base, and they have poor support. Dstahl does seem to be trying to listen here. But the support is still a joke! The bottom line is that I sincerely doubt I will get my money's worth out of the Lifetime Sub. (I really suspected that when I bought it - but I really wanted to support Cryptic and promote STO...)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ledbthand wrote: »
    couldn't transfer character error cant do any thing :(

i have this on too in the alpha trianguli sector im stuck in the sector map and i can't load and map or change sectors i have tryed trans warp, restart my comp, reinstalling the whole game, playing with my graphics for the game but im still stuck its like wtf
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've had issues with bridges (when more than two people are present) and first contact missions (when more than two people are present).

On federation ships, the third and subsequent bridge invitees can never use the turbolift. Attempts to use the turbolift force them into geometry (or more frequently, eject them into space). The stuck command deposits you back on the bridge proper, so third and subsequent visitors cannot access the rest of the ship.

In First Contact missions, the first two entering the mission beam in fine; others become stuck in the door or other locations. Attempts to use the /stuck command in this case fails with an error message stating that you are not allowed to use stuck here.

On some Klingon bridges, guests beyond the second are beamed into geometry and cannot escape.

(I wonder, is Cryptic's QA team no larger than 2 people?)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    auroris wrote: »
    ...<snip...

On some Klingon bridges, guests beyond the second are beamed into geometry and cannot escape.

The Klingon Bridge (primarily the standard BoP bridge) issue has been around since beta. Not sure why they cannot fix it! Other than I suppose they fired the only "real programmers" after the engine was developed, and now no one at Cryptic knows how to fix Anything!

Oh, an I suspect "Cryptic's QA Team" is comprised of one person with a gerbil in their pocket (so they can refer to "We..."). But really what do I know!?! Well except for the fact that things are NOT getting fixed very quickly...
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    auroris wrote: »
    I've had issues with bridges (when more than two people are present) and first contact missions (when more than two people are present).

On federation ships, the third and subsequent bridge invitees can never use the turbolift. Attempts to use the turbolift force them into geometry (or more frequently, eject them into space). The stuck command deposits you back on the bridge proper, so third and subsequent visitors cannot access the rest of the ship.

In First Contact missions, the first two entering the mission beam in fine; others become stuck in the door or other locations. Attempts to use the /stuck command in this case fails with an error message stating that you are not allowed to use stuck here.

I've encountered the turbolift problem several times.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I seem to keep getting stuck in virtual potholes in space.
    They seem to center around the sol system and Sirius Sector space. I don't know why, but I get the "Unable to connect to server" message after this area tries to load for approximately 15% of the way. After being unable to connect to the server it logs me out.
    My son's character is not having this problem and is able to log in normally on either of our home computers. Ironically my character is locked out on either machine. It seems the trouble is centered around the character's location rather than anything regarding the video processing ability of either computer.
    Now when trouble tickets are opened the solution is for tech support to place my character in a system far far away from the incident and it seems all is well.
    Only it's not well. I do have some business to do in the sol system periodically, so this is the third time I'm cast into server connection limbo.

Anyone else caught in a pothole?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I have come across this problem quite a few times. It seems to occur mostly on the Cure maps. My char becomes stuck in a firing mode(red line from weapon to ground) which renders the char unable to do anything. Let me just say warping out and back in is NOT my idea of fun when you spawn back the beginning and you have to run all the way back to the 3rd or 4th gate through all the borg that have re-spawn. The Eng gets stuck in the endless loop of trying to deploy turrets.

I have found a fix for this that in my option works better then anything I found here. Simply log off and back on again. I don't have to run back across map or start the mission over. I am not sure if this would help the people stuck in space as this hasn't happen to me.....yet. I just thought I would pass on the info in hopes it helps people have less headaches while playing. Thank you and have a nice day :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hello,

My character (Chris@2007-2007) is unable to transport to any maps at all. This is the second time in two days. Problem happens when trying to go back to Pi Canis sector (Lauretian Planet-Breaking the planet fleet action). It happened twice already and cannot get character into the planet. Now character is unable to transfer to any maps.

The first time it happened, tech support put me back in earth space dock to reset and was able to transfer to other maps. However, I went back to Pi canis to finish up my mission and could not transfer into planet at all. Now I cannot transfer anywhere again. This is weird since it happened twice. What is the reason that keeps coming back? Probably the instance is corrupted and if so how do I reset it since there's no other instance. Perhaps an item caused the crash. Please anyone help!

Thanks,
    CHRIS@2007-2007
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    If you can''t fix stuck issues after a year, why are you making new content?

An hour of my time is worth 40 bucks, please give me that in Atari tokens or whatever.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    My character, MacReynolds, was put into an empty ground map when I attempted to run a UGC mission called "Raptor's Cage." He and his bridge bunnies are currently in a light blue void, oh-so-helpfully named "EmptyMap" and have been since last Friday. I can transfer to my bridge, but all varieties of leaving the ship interior return me to this ground-based "EmptyMap." The Abort Mission button is greyed out. There are no other instances to transfer to, perhaps unsurprisingly. My attempt to file a GM ticket got a simple rehashing of the OP via in-game mail, and I don't know if my attempt to reply to it with an explanation of my situation actually did anything or will garner any sort of helpful response.

Mac has now missed out on the emblem rewards for the remastered missions. This does not give me a happy. I realize that as an LTSer, I can't even play the card of "I'll drop my subscription" (and get the inevitable "can I has ur stuffs?" reply), but having a character stuck and out of action for nearly a week is a little ridiculous. To say I'm getting a little frustrated at the whole situation is putting it a bit mildly.

Please, Cryptic, give a guy a hand here.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Kant_Lavar wrote:
    My character, MacReynolds, was put into an empty ground map when I attempted to run a UGC mission called "Raptor's Cage." He and his bridge bunnies are currently in a light blue void, oh-so-helpfully named "EmptyMap" and have been since last Friday. I can transfer to my bridge, but all varieties of leaving the ship interior return me to this ground-based "EmptyMap." The Abort Mission button is greyed out. There are no other instances to transfer to, perhaps unsurprisingly. My attempt to file a GM ticket got a simple rehashing of the OP via in-game mail, and I don't know if my attempt to reply to it with an explanation of my situation actually did anything or will garner any sort of helpful response.

Mac has now missed out on the emblem rewards for the remastered missions. This does not give me a happy. I realize that as an LTSer, I can't even play the card of "I'll drop my subscription" (and get the inevitable "can I has ur stuffs?" reply), but having a character stuck and out of action for nearly a week is a little ridiculous. To say I'm getting a little frustrated at the whole situation is putting it a bit mildly.

Please, Cryptic, give a guy a hand here.

The quickest way to get help with this type of problem is to submit an In-Game GM Ticket. If you did already, you should post the ticket number here to carry the continuity of the effort to help you.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The quickest way to get help with this type of problem is to submit an In-Game GM Ticket. If you did already, you should post the ticket number here to carry the continuity of the effort to help you.

Is there a way to look that up? I don't see anything, in or out of game, that lists GM tickets. Or should I just file another? Maybe a bug report, instead, as it would give me a better chance to give details...

UPDATE: Decided to go ahead and refile a ticket on it, this time via the "Character" category as it actually allowed me to expand on the situation.
    [20:58] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,122,120.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Kant_Lavar wrote:
    Is there a way to look that up? I don't see anything, in or out of game, that lists GM tickets. Or should I just file another? Maybe a bug report, instead, as it would give me a better chance to give details...

UPDATE: Decided to go ahead and refile a ticket on it, this time via the "Character" category as it actually allowed me to expand on the situation.

Sorry, I missed your post for more info. Under the ("?") on the mini map, you can View Your submitted GM Tickets.

On this Forum Page, Upper Right Corner, "My Account" will take you to links to show your submitted GM Tickets also.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It opens the normal Stuck ticket interface, but most of the time you can't actually submit a GM ticket. It closes the window and silently fails to submit the ticket. Please don't use this until it gets fixed.

Has this been fixed meanwhile? Because if I use the stuck ticket interface, the game demands the name of the character that is stuck and after that I receive a chatmessage, that says: "Succesfully submitted ticket ID #xxxxxxxx". But when I open my "View my tickets"-tab, it doesn't show me anything.

My problem is, that my Orion charatcer cannot leave the Halls of Qo'Nos. Whenever I try to get out, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".

I already filed a "usual" ticket with the problem, but the GM, who answered it, just gave me the same tips listed on the first page of this thread, which didn't help.

Now I don't know what else to do and what more info he needs other than that my Orion charatcer is stuck in the Great Halls of Qo'nos and is unable to get out of there. And whenever I try to leave, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".

I also tried a few trivial things, like changing my ship, clothes, haircut, waited for Q's XP-Buff to expire etc. But the problem remains. My Orion character is still stuck in the Great Halls of Qo'nos and is unable to get out of there. And whenever I try to leave, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".

Sorry, if I sound a bit cynical, but the GM, who answered my ticket, also gave me the hint, that I could abort the mission, when I am stuck there. If he had read the ticket carefully, he would've known that this was not the reason I filed a GM ticket. The reason was and still is, that my Orion charatcer is stuck in the Great Halls of Qo'nos and is unable to get out of there. And whenever I try to leave, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".

I am really disappointed, because I was looking forward to the XP-Buff weekend to finally get a KDF-toon up to Brigadier General. But now couldn't benefit from that event because since yesterday morning my Orion charatcer is stuck in the Great Halls of Qo'nos and is unable to get out of there. And whenever I try to leave, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".

Regards from a stcuk Orion character.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I was curious if this was happening to anyone else...

I am encountering a bizarre spawn glitch on Tribble when I return from any system or encounter map back into open sector space. I'll re-spawn at the same point I originally entered the sector (usually Sol System, but its been the Regulus border too... regardless of what system or DSE I was exiting) with about Z+ 10 LY. When I try to descend back to where the systems are, I usually make it about 0.5 LY and suddenly my ship stops and acts like it is stuck.

/stuck does not have any effect. Just reports something to the effect of "does not function here." Logging out of the game and back in usually returns me to the usual altitude in sector space and I re-aquire full control over my ship... but I'm still all the way back at Sol or wherever.

Though not completely debilitating, it is incredibly annoying. Basically I have to log out of the game after every instance of a patrol mission or DES...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    My problem is, that my Orion charatcer cannot leave the Halls of Qo'Nos. Whenever I try to get out, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character".

My problem is slightly different

My problem is, that my Alien charatcer cannot leave the Halls of Qo'Nos. Whenever I try to get out, no matter if I want to use the door to the courtyard, or beam up to my ship, the game shoots me to the loginscreen with the message: "Couldn't transfer character
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm stuck outside of the Warriors Hall with no option to open the door, unable to talk to the NPC inside that I need to talk to to finish the Tutorial.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    JJ_McQuade wrote:

I also have this problem. I am stuck on DS9, I can move about on the station and play dabo, etc but I can't beam to my ship. I get the "Couldn't transfer character" message and get kicked from the game. I noticed something wierd when I beamed down, it was kind of like I lagged at the moment of beam down and my ship may have lag moved out of range of the station, hence being out of range of transport and unable to transfer character. I've put in two tickets, one bs "resolved" and another that hasn't been addressed for four days now. Very frustrating.

Did finally get un-stranded. Got a fleet member to beam me to his bridge, beamed back down to ds9 and that fixed whatever the bug was and was able to get back onto my ship. Friggin bugs are annoying and ZERO help with Cryptic support. However, despite the bugs, the gameplay is still too good to stop playing the game, so just gotta trial and error your way around the programming issues, helps to have fleet and friends to assist you.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    "an't load into the game at all/hang on loading screens
    While we are currently investigating exactly what causes this, the workaround we have found helps most players. It involves accessing the Video Options and lowering the World Detail Level setting. We're working to create more robust self-help options in cases like this.

Lowering your video settings if you can't log into the game:
    Open the launcher and log in.
    On the Character Selection screen, click "Log Out".
    Click the Options button on the right side of the screen.
    On the Video tab, under Advanced options, lower the World Detail Level setting.
    Log back in, and load into the game.
    You may increase the World Detail Level setting slightly, but keep it relatively low."

my @#$

I loafd into a zone and am paralyzed. I got a 50/50 (and thats GENEROUS) shot at actually connecting to the rest of the cluster so i can move, execute commands etc. This game is a glorified screensaver
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Turn back after 15 min., write /stuck they're not a solution. Will you pay back for each 15 min. as we subscripted:mad: you are still working on excomps kind stuff.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Several captains are stuck in an empty map who completed "Rise of Darkness - Part I " community-authored mission.

Unfortunately, the only response from support I received after submitting a ticket is to abort the mission (there is no active mission - we got stuck after completing it), change the instance (this option is disabled), or enter PVP/PVE. The final option temporarily removes us but we are immediately sent back to the empty world.

If this is an idea for a new feature episode, I'm sending an SOS. If not, PLEASE assist us!

-The trapped on Daiilix
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I am also trapped for 3 days now on Rise OF Darkness Part 1. There is no active mission, i cannot change instance, and on my level bracket pvp/pve rarely ever happens so queing for it is nonsense. beaming up means instant disconnect.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I wonder if you can help me please. Ive just started, every time i load up the game i come straight to my ship and all i see is a black screen. can anyone help please, thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    On the Tribble server, I tried to beam to Earth Space Dock and am stuck on the loading screen. Any help?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were not comming out the closet,
    so you can just go away.

But everyone wants you out the closet,
    that doenst matter cause were gunna stay

Now Im starting to get angry, so i pull out my gun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah i'm stuck now cannot transfer to new map... wtf bs is this its been over 8 hours now and still no response from a GM.
This discussion has been closed.