Install Arc
Options

What to do if you get stuck

12346»

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If /stuck doesn't work, drop the mission, log out, wait 10-15 minutes for it to reset. When you log back in it should pop you back out into sector space, restart the mission.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    bonzaibob22bonzaibob22 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same mission, same problem.
    Details: Entered mission location as noted with teammate. Scanned 1st two debris fields as normal with no problems. After scanning the third debris field, ships went to Red Alert after notification that a Hirogen trapped was sprung. There is a notification box to view the Hirogen hail but there is no box to click to answer the hail. We were both in the debris field going back in forth at the same spot. I tried the /stuck command with no success. The stuck window had all other options grayed out, presumably because of the Red Alert. I tried to use evasive maneuvers and fluidic phase jump stacked and i moved out of the debris field, thinking I had broke free only to be sucked back in.

Funny that I now remember having the same problem over a year ago with my first character.

Is there any way to avoid this from happening again when I try this mission again?

After looking at the forum it seems as this mission hasn't been fixed in 3 years... That seems a bit long for the same problem... :eek:
  • Options
    eera73eera73 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    what about Server Not responding, Freez, roll back ?

I read many post about that :

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=977221
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1140781
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1138371
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1135481

swap between the US and EU proxy and still getting this problem.

This coupled with the fact that I have no problem playing Guild wars 2 and SWTOR, but I have problem with STO and Neverwinter is indicating there is some routing issue somewhere to Cryptics servers.

"On-demand patching" still having matter.

Reply from support seam that is is a FAI matter here's my history with them : https://support.arcgames.com/app/account/questions/detail/i_id/1562163

but as read thread, its more the STO code who is worth. and at this point, i can't do more.
  • Options
    kubig37kubig37 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi guys,
    I'm quite new to the game, so I can't post my own threads about bugs, but I wasn't able to find any other thread involving this.

Is it common in this game that sometimes during ground missions your crew/enemies somehow fall into ground or get stuck in walls, making them useless/it impossible to ressurect them when they die? :confused:

It was really not funny, when in one Exploration mission where I had to save the colony from Klingons, one klingon commander disappeared :eek: , and started shooting everyone from below the ground. Everyone from my clever crew followed him there and got killed some 10 m underground who know where ... :rolleyes: ,funny, but then this Klingon started haunting me across whole map, shooting me into TRIBBLE from the ground, while I was unable to target him or see him (only ground turret was able to shoot him).

Luckily after some distance he stopped following me so I could abort the mission at least...

So that was my story ;) , but same thing happened once even in official episode mission.

Your opinions?
  • Options
    mictacmictac Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Im so damn stuck i cant even abort,warp,or even relog i literally cant even play my character i was on the mission where a hirgen blows up some debris and then i get stuck in some white blur similar to when you get to close to a planet. No way to get out of it been playing for years never have i run into this issue id like to get back to playing my character without having to restart.
  • Options
    mictacmictac Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Details: Entered mission location as noted with teammate. Scanned 1st two debris fields as normal with no problems. After scanning the third debris field, ships went to Red Alert after notification that a Hirogen trapped was sprung. There is a notification box to view the Hirogen hail but there is no box to click to answer the hail. We were both in the debris field going back in forth at the same spot. I tried the /stuck command with no success. The stuck window had all other options grayed out, presumably because of the Red Alert. I tried to use evasive maneuvers and fluidic phase jump stacked and i moved out of the debris field, thinking I had broke free only to be sucked back in.

Funny that I now remember having the same problem over a year ago with my first character.

Is there any way to avoid this from happening again when I try this mission again?

After looking at the forum it seems as this mission hasn't been fixed in 3 years... That seems a bit long for the same problem... :eek:

And thats my issue right now cryptic fix the issue asap please.
This discussion has been closed.