What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch cancelled, account cancelled

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wow. Are you serious? I can not believe a dev would respond to their customers like that. "Bile and Hate"?
    WTF. "Never posting again" Thats some sad ****. How can they blame people for being unhappy with this? Cryptic is not long for this genre with attitudes and customer interaction like that.

And this post is why I will be glad to see some of you go. Please....do it now. It is another example of people just looking for a excuse. The "bile and hate" that Gozer was refering to was exactly the type of thing you see in the post quoted above. The plan was the date given on the vid. The vid was produced with the date and released. A bug was found and needed correcting and further testing that delayed it a week. NOT A BIG DEAL.

Frankly, if you are this disgruntled with a game becaue YOU exploit/power leveled to max rank and THINK you have nothing else to do IT IS YOUR FAULT!

Bye now! :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shaddock wrote:
    Whatever man, I made a comment, about my opinions about treatment from Cryptic, if you want to keep attacking me and insulting my intelligence now then I am not going to partake in what for a post or two was an exchange of differing but reasonable opinions.

I apologize for my use of whatever at the beginning of a sentence, I am sure I violated some rule that my 5th grade English teacher would not be happy about.

they are probably attacking you because they are lifetimers and they are trying to protect their investment at all costs-Little do they know but STO is like the titanic-The hull has been breached and it is already sitting low in the water. But hey who are we to tell them that instead of rearranging chairs they should be finding the lifeboats and the life perservers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Suron wrote:
    which boggles my mind....because they did SO well with CO and it's improvements

I'm a little slow, so I'll write that off as a joke.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shaddock wrote:
    You are a random person on the internet, and so am I. He is a member of the company of whose current actions, intentions, and opinions directly affect a game I generally want to see succeed, and have made a investment of money in. It does not make him better than me, or you, but when I am participating in these forums it makes him more pertinent to my activities here. Whereas I do not consider him family, he is an important part of the MMO community here, again in my opinion.

He is also responsible for his own actions.

Threat implies intent.

His post showed no such intent. His post was a matter of personal choice - if I like A, I do A. If I don't like A, I stop doing it. That is not a threat. That is a state of preference.

If you feel there's not enough coverage on your concerns, then you should address Atari/Cryptic's PR department, not Gozer. Doing otherwise is going to be counter-productive.

That's the bottom line.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've never even seen the video nor did I know a patch was planned.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mithie wrote:
    See, people? See? This is how you vent your anger.

Yes, you're goddamn right the company sucks. Attacking the company for the company's shortcomings is valid and makes sense.

Attacking a dev for where he spends his coffee break doesn't.

No. You should apologize for misconstruing a rhetorical question as an attack on your family. Which you did - followed up by some snide remarks.

So I threw some back. We're even, though, unless you want to keep slinging.

I don't remember accusing you of attacking my family, I simply asked you not continue to make references (however rhetorical) to them in future post. Instead of acceding to my apparently not so simple request you decided to zone in on it, make more rhetorical statements along those lines, and then proceed to insult my intelligence.

Though again, people of such low grasp of the language of myself may make mistakes when typing, so i again apologize for mistakingly accusing you of attacking something.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Slackjaw wrote:
    Well no...but in the future their will be:o

Mate the percent of the community has spoken already, there six feet under and there future is just about as bright as Stargate Worlds.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shaddock wrote:
    You are a random person on the internet, and so am I. He is a member of the company of whose current actions, intentions, and opinions directly affect a game I generally want to see succeed, and have made a investment of money in. It does not make him better than me, or you, but when I am participating in these forums it makes him more pertinent to my activities here. Whereas I do not consider him family, he is an important part of the MMO community here, again in my opinion.

Just let that guy beat on his strawman. Its all just hot air anyway. :D

The developer posted in representative manor for the company he is employed by, his actions and comment reflect said company. Not sure where the disconnect here is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    they are probably attacking you because they are lifetimers and they are trying to protect their investment at all costs-Little do they know but STO is like the titanic-The hull has been breached and it is already sitting low in the water. But hey who are we to tell them that instead of rearranging chairs they should be finding the lifeboats and the life perservers.

No. I'm not a lifetimer.

Cryptic and Atari screwed up this product and now they're dealing with the consequences. That's the beginning and end of it, and that's the opinion I share with many of you.

However, I'm just decent enough of a human being to not attack a developer completely separate from the coporate chain of command for where he spends his coffee break. That's all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh they know that mate. Cryptic can look forward to having you by the side, it will be awful ****ing lonely but.

Yes I am prepared to pay 1 more month to see if they keep there word on the 45 day upgrade. Anything before that I regard as a bonus. There is a very old saying. **** happens. Now maybe everything in your life has gone perfect. Everything you have ever said or promised youhave been able to do. No accident has ever happen to you or unforeseen circumsatnce has caused you to change things but if so you are the only person on the planet who has been so lucky.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Selenica wrote: »
    I've never even seen the video nor did I know a patch was planned.

Yeah, thats another minor peeve it seems like I learn more stuff about this game from 3rd party sources then here.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just let that guy beat on his strawman. Its all just hot air anyway. :D

The developer posted in representative manor for the company he is employed by, his actions and comment reflect said company. Not sure where the disconnect here is.

Ya I guess I am just confused now how I went from agreeing with a statement above me to suddenly being some sort of narcissistic person with nothing better to do than attack game developers with my poor language skills!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

You can't differentiate between an employee and the employing organization?
    Ya I guess I am just confused now how I went from agreeing with a statement above me to suddenly being some sort of narcissistic person with nothing better to do than attack game developers with my poor language skills!

I don't know, maybe because you think "who's your daddy" is a direct comment on your genetic lineage? You don't find that straining or downright hilarious?

Well I do.

Haw haw.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Slackjaw wrote:

Nah, we're just pretending we're sinking, actually - we're doing this on purpose, so people like you go for the lifeboats and get the heck out of here. Believe me, as soon as you're gone, the ship will right itself and sail on without you.

Really, there's just so many MMO-players out there who've got all the patience and attention span of an ant. Whoops. Sorry. I apologise for this. It's very, very unfair towards the ant ...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A delayed patch doesn't phase me at all. It happens in every MMO out there; this is no different.

The only mistake made here was giving an actual date for the patch, because if something does go wrong, these types of threads will occur. MMO developers are in a perpetual catch-22; if they don't give dates and concrete information, they are reviled for being non-communicative. If they do give more information, but a tech glitch delays things, they're reviled for being incompetent or dishonest.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shaddock wrote:

So many useless concepts of wording. You must be from Mars because nobody from Earth would say such nonsense. Now be nice and run along to feed those cats.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    moordrake wrote: »
    Damn, beat me to it!

yep, you lost the race to ignorance
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow...they delayed the patch.

*Enters Chicken Little*

"...THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!..."

*Commentating, Wes Sachel, news reporter for KQRT.*

"You heard it hear first folks. The end of the STO has begun. Unfinished game, cries of agony, no patch."
    Pauses

"Tom you can see the gamers moans and wails. Its a sad day, all they look forward to was a new content, and its clear that the evil empirical devs of Cryptic are laughing in their faces."

Pauses

"Only time till tell when the gamers will have their patch and all the world will be at peace again..."

"This is Wes Sachel reporting on the STO forums."
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Khell wrote: »
    Nah, we're just pretending we're sinking, actually - we're doing this on purpose, so people like you go for the lifeboats and get the heck out of here. Believe me, as soon as you're gone, the ship will right itself and sail on without you.

Really, there's just so many MMO-players out there who've got all the patience and attention span of an ant. Whoops. Sorry. I apologise for this. It's very, very unfair towards the ant ...

By chance sir do you happen to play the violin? It would calm the passengers if you could get on the deck and play it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kevscar wrote: »
    Yes I am prepared to pay 1 more month to see if they keep there word on the 45 day upgrade. Anything before that I regard as a bonus. There is a very old saying. **** happens. Now maybe everything in your life has gone perfect. Everything you have ever said or promised youhave been able to do. No accident has ever happen to you or unforeseen circumsatnce has caused you to change things but if so you are the only person on the planet who has been so lucky.

It's your money mate. I'd just spend it on schooling if I was you. Oh right that's a priority.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lionheart wrote: »
    A delayed patch doesn't phase me at all. It happens in every MMO out there; this is no different.

The only mistake made here was giving an actual date for the patch, because if something does go wrong, these types of threads will occur. MMO developers are in a perpetual catch-22; if they don't give dates and concrete information, they are reviled for being non-communicative. If they do give more information, but a tech glitch delays things, they're reviled for being incompetent or dishonest.

This x1000000
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bye Bye now.:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Slackjaw wrote:
    By chance sir do you happen to play the violin? It would calm the passengers if you could get on the deck and play it.

First of all - call me ma'am, if you please, dear sir.

And second - nope, can't. But I'll learn it if you promise to leave STO.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Roach wrote: »
    Bye Bye now.:D

Bye Bye. Have a strong drink for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mithie wrote:
    You can't differentiate between an employee and the employing organization?

I don't know, maybe because you think "who's your daddy" is a direct comment on your genetic lineage? You don't find that straining or downright hilarious?

Well I do.

Haw haw.

Well I guess if you asked who my father in law was it wouldn't be an issue of genetics...Though again I didnt accuse you of making a direct comment of my genetic lineage, I just asked you to not comment on my family. And when you made the comment that 'He is not my daddy' commenting on the devs actions, you therefore ascribed some sort of actions, intentions, desires, etc however small to my actual father. And I didnt see that as something worthy of somebody without fairly direct knowledge of him, again however small, indirect, or no harm intended it was. I just didnt see it leading down a good road. I thought in my original post I politely asked you not to comment on it further. I didnt accuse you then of mal intent, of an attack, of anything. I simply asked you not too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's your money mate. I'd just spend it on schooling if I was you. Oh right that's a priority.

Hmm spend it on schooling. Wow condiering I left school in 1969 why would that be a good idea. Oh you meant schooling for you. Sorry didn't understand.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kevscar wrote: »
    Hmm spend it on schooling. Wow condiering I left school in 1969 why would that be a good idea. Oh you meant schooling for you. Sorry didn't understand.

Yeah that's the problem you left school, Now you can go back to night school and finish it, maybe then life won't seem all that depressing too you.

Pills don't solve anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shaddock wrote:
    Well I guess if you asked who my father in law was it wouldn't be an issue of genetics...Though again I didnt accuse you of making a direct comment of my genetic lineage, I just asked you to not comment on my family. And when you made the comment that 'He is not my daddy' commenting on the devs actions, you therefore ascribed some sort of actions, intentions, desires, etc however small to my actual father. And I didnt see that as something worthy of somebody without fairly direct knowledge of him, again however small, indirect, or no harm intended it was. I just didnt see it leading down a good road. I thought in my original post I politely asked you not to comment on it further. I didnt accuse you then of mal intent, of an attack, of anything. I simply asked you not too.

Which is fine - if you didn't follow it up with a barrage of thinly veiled snide comments which I probably should have known better than to retaliate in kind.

Let's start over.

This is my position.

IF you're dissatisfied with the product (and you have every right to be) then I encourage you to direct this dissatisfaction toward Cryptic and Atari.

I encourage you all to cancel your subscriptions, post your feedback about the company and the product, and spread by word of mouth to your friends about being wary of future products by these companies.

Hell, if you really think you're getting screwed, I encourage you to take it up with the better business bureau.

Picking on the little guy, like Gozer, on the other hand, who is completely unrelated with the PR process and has absolutely no responsibility of briefing or interacting with you, is completely and utterly useless, not to mention mean spirited.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You people know that personal attacks on each other CAN get you banned.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shaddock wrote:
    . I thought in my original post I politely asked you not to comment on it further. I didnt accuse you then of mal intent, of an attack, of anything. I simply asked you not too.

Ok, in retrospect my initial request may have been more snarky than I intended, but I feel it was still on the reasonable side.

And no he is not my daddy, nor are you. So why dont you do me a small favor and comment on my post and not make statements about my family.