test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch cancelled, account cancelled

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Shaddock wrote:
    He didnt have to post ever again, but to make the comment that our behavior would be rewarded or not by his actions following yes that is a threat.

It's not a threat, it's a reality. How can you be so obtuse?

If someone gives you a birthday present, and you promptly call them a jerk and take a dump on it, odds are you won't ever get a present from that person again. That's how life works.

Here, if a dev comes on and updates everyone on what's going on and the replies are nothing but, "Omg you suck. Why is it taking so long?! It should just work! You must be goofing off and lying to yuor custmers", odds are you won't be getting any more updates.

It's really a very simple aspect of human society.
    edited February 2010
    Pandajuice wrote: »
    Yes, it is self entitlement. That's what self entitlement is. You want them to bend over backward and give you exactly what you want in the tone you want simply because you paid for the game. You're entitled to the best game in the world with hundreds of hours of content and not one bug, honesty and transparency without abrasiveness, predicted dates that are never wrong, and a development team to work 24/7 which is humanly impossible, because you paid for it, right? Because you're special, right?

That's entitlement and it's a horrible state of mind. You're not special, you're jsut another drop in the bucket who is insignificant and your opinions/gripes are even less significant. You paid for a game and you got a game. That's all you're entitled to. Sorry that it isn't up to your standards, but that's life and you deserve no more than that.

LOL. Nice. No, having a reasonable expectation for a product or service that is purchased is not self entitlement, not matter how much your fanboy mind tells you different.
    edited February 2010
    Its been clear from start that STO is a CASUAL game. So its nobody's fault that you can't play games casually.

That is why I answered $10 a month for a subscription in the survey, the pricing needs to match the casual game play design. :)
    edited February 2010
    Here is a novel idea... Stop racing to endgame. If you were able to max out in two weeks then you need to broaden your horizons. There is a whole big world out there. Stop playing the game ten hours a day and maybe go outside. If it is warm where you are go play ball or something. If it is cold go to the movies. If you have snow build a snowman or go sleigh riding. Do not max out your game two weeks after launch then ***** and moan because you have nothing to do. Start a new character and maybe this time actually read the text that the developers took so much time typing out. Maybe enjoy the graphic scenery that was put into each zone instead of racing through the mission to go to the next. Now that you know the game, when you start a new character you can correct all the mistakes you made with the first one.

The bottom line here is the game is going to take time to develop and expand. Either have patience and slow down your efforts to get to end game or go to another MMO and complain there. This is the same TRIBBLE I would see constantly on EQ2. They would raise the level cap by ten levels and within days people would be complaining again that they had nothing to do. These are obviously people with way too much time on their hands.
    edited February 2010
    sometime sunday proly i will have my ALT hit admiral...2 admirals toons and still no endgame..
    edited February 2010
    LOL. Nice. No, having a reasonable expectation for a product or service that is purchased is not self entitlement, not matter how much your fanboy mind tells you different.

Non sequitur. Whether or not you've gotten the product or service that you paid for has absolutely nothing to do with where Gozer decides to spend his coffee break.
    edited February 2010
    To all the fanboys.

I'm a big Trekkie fan, but I gotta say day by day I play less and less because it's just more of the same renderer content over and over again. I mean whenever you wrap into a system you see a planet with rings around it and it's the same size as the other 30-40 systems. Then when you beam down to a planet it almost always the same size of open environment few different features from other missions mixed in.

Basically at the end of the day all the customers have been ripped off. I've seen more different textures concepts in the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta than anyone will ever see in this game.

If this was a Movie it would be B grade at best.
    edited February 2010
    mithie wrote:
    THREATEN?

You feel threatened by that post?

Really?

Seriously?

I think you need to get off the internet and step outside for a while.

iknorite??
    edited February 2010
    mithie wrote:
    So... you care about his presence on the forums to be a "reward" and his absence a "punishment"?

Why such an attachment? Do you know Gozer on a personal level? Would you really be emotionally wounded if he's gone?

Because, uh, I'm pretty sure he doesn't give two nuts about you.

What the.. statements about your family?

When have I made any comment resembling your family?

Why are you bringing your family into this?

Are you insinuating that I'm out to get your family?

Are you insinuating that I'm a stalker? Or some sort of deranged lunatic?

Sir, that is a capital insult, and I, frankly, am offended. I challenge you to a duel atop Molehill Mountain, tomorrow at noon. Pistols only at 60 paces.

If you refuse, I might stop posting. There. I just threatened you.

He implied his presence was a reward for good behavior, not me. Even my dog can understand if I give him a treat for going to the bathroom outside that is a reward and is positive, but if I dont give him one for going inside that is a negative.

And I apologize for assuming that where you are from 'Dadd'y means some member of a family, I understand not all cultures have the same family unit structure and I will strive to be more sensitive in the future.
    edited February 2010
    mithie wrote:
    Non sequitur. Whether or not you've gotten the product or service that you paid for has absolutely nothing to do with where Gozer decides to spend his coffee break.

If you want to make it that we are only talking about Gozer, then by all means respond to that if that what makes your point for you. But I was talking about the game as a whole.
    edited February 2010
    threat   [thret]
    –noun
    a declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury, etc., in retaliation for, or conditionally upon,some action or course; menace: He confessed under the threat of imprisonment.
    an indication or warning of probable trouble: The threat of a storm was in the air.
    a person or thing that threatens.

He declared his intention to take an action based conditionally upon an action...
    edited February 2010
    mithie wrote:

Coffee breaks? I'm sorry mate I think you have the wrong guy. He spends more time smoking than he ever will drinking.
    edited February 2010
    Content and patches get delayed in this genre. Just how it is. I appreciate the Devs actually trying to communicate this to us, rather than just let it lie. You whiners would do exactly that no matter what Cryptic would do. It sounds like you have issues with them already and STO has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    Cancel your subs if you're that mad about it. Personally, I think it's a little silly from the user side to assume you know what the developer is doing. I would like to think that if they want to stay in business that they are working hard on this game to make it better and fufill our endless supply of needs. I'm an optomist tho.

I'm not that angry and I've played since launch day. I have content to play, sorry you guys got done already. If it makes you feel better, cancel your sub and feel like you're sticking to some principle. That will show em.
    Same old BS I always hear in MMOs early on. "I'll quit and cancel my sub, then they'll listen".

History show that won't happen, and the paying subscribers will have a say more than the evacuees.

Much love.
    edited February 2010
    Good news!

We have canceled the maintenance tonight/today/this morning (depending on your time zone), and do not plan on bringing the live servers down.

How is this good news?
    edited February 2010
    Shaddock wrote:
    He implied his presence was a reward for good behavior, not me. Even my dog can understand if I give him a treat for going to the bathroom outside that is a reward and is positive, but if I dont give him one for going inside that is a negative.

He implied no such thing.

He outright stated that if he doesn't feel like it, he's not going to post.

He's not telling you to stop spewing your bile. He's simply stating a causal fact from his point of view. If he doesn't feel like it, he's going to stop posting and spend his break elsewhere.

You've yet to explain, by the way, why you think his presence on the forums is a "reward" to you, and his absence a punishment.
    And I apologize for assuming that where you are from 'Dadd'y means some member of a family, I understand not all cultures have the same family unit structure and I will strive to be more sensitive in the future.

So can we also assume that the next time someone uses the terms "Father Figure" or "Patriarchal Role", we can assume they're talking about your family?
    edited February 2010
    Shaddock wrote:
    threat   [thret]
    –noun
    a declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury, etc., in retaliation for, or conditionally upon,some action or course; menace: He confessed under the threat of imprisonment.
    an indication or warning of probable trouble: The threat of a storm was in the air.
    a person or thing that threatens.

He declared his intention to take an action based conditionally upon an action...

Which, once again, is only valid if you consider his absence from the forums a punishment.

If you do, it begs the question, why the hell would you? Don't you have anything better to do?
    edited February 2010
    I'll tell you what Cryptic couldn't pay me enough to come and post on here and face all the garbage thats thrown at them.
    Everyone moans about lack of content and not paying another month to wait for the 45 day update so they try to do something. OK somethings gone wrong. Do you think they deliberatly cocked it up. Well I know some of you think they are lying, if it,s proved they are then they will lose all their subscribers do you not think they might know that.
    edited February 2010
    Wow. Are you serious? I can not believe a dev would respond to their customers like that. "Bile and Hate"?
    WTF. "Never posting again" Thats some sad ****. How can they blame people for being unhappy with this? Cryptic is not long for this genre with attitudes and customer interaction like that.

Thats nothing, I stopped responding to Posts on my corporate forum after some of the **** I used to get, I know leave it to the Community Rep's who love this kinda stuff.

Sad fact of life, if you psot something and get nothing but bile and Hate, why would you psot again? after all he is a dev, he doenst HAVE to post on here, he could simply leave it for the Community Rep's to dole out what little info they get.

most MMO i have seen when a Dev posts certain elements harangue the dev because the news or the updates or whatever dont fit what they want, God knows I would be sick of the hate too
    edited February 2010
    mithie wrote:
    He implied no such thing.

So can we also assume that the next time someone uses the word "Father Figure" or "Patriarchal Role", we can assume they're talking about your family?

Umm no, because both of those indicate somebody that may serve fatherly functions, but is in fact not a member of the family unit.

But if a post quotes me, and ask a question about my daddy then yes I can assume they mean mine, and not somebody else's.
    edited February 2010
    Tzimisce wrote: »
    Here is a novel idea... Stop racing to endgame. If you were able to max out in two weeks then you need to broaden your horizons. There is a whole big world out there. Stop playing the game ten hours a day and maybe go outside. If it is warm where you are go play ball or something. If it is cold go to the movies. If you have snow build a snowman or go sleigh riding. Do not max out your game two weeks after launch then ***** and moan because you have nothing to do. Start a new character and maybe this time actually read the text that the developers took so much time typing out. Maybe enjoy the graphic scenery that was put into each zone instead of racing through the mission to go to the next. Now that you know the game, when you start a new character you can correct all the mistakes you made with the first one.

The bottom line here is the game is going to take time to develop and expand. Either have patience and slow down your efforts to get to end game or go to another MMO and complain there. This is the same TRIBBLE I would see constantly on EQ2. They would raise the level cap by ten levels and within days people would be complaining again that they had nothing to do. These are obviously people with way too much time on their hands.

I do agree that a lot of people speed their way to the top these days, but they do need to work on the progression in this game.

I don't consider myself a power gamer or a casual gamer, I'm sort of in between. I play a couple hours a night and I pretty much play all weekend if there isn't a good movie out to go see.

When I play I take my time and read the missions and customize my stuff.

I've reached admiral on my main character and am about to reach 1st Lt. on my alt.

At the same time this game is very fun for me and I am willing to waite on the content.
    edited February 2010
    mithie wrote:
    Which, once again, is only valid if you consider his absence from the forums a punishment.

If you do, it begs the question, why the hell would you? Don't you have anything better to do?

If I had a better game to play I would! Dont you have something better to do?

And yes I consider the silent treatment a punishment, a juvenile one, but one non the less.
    edited February 2010
    Shaddock wrote:

But if a post quotes me, and ask a question about my daddy then yes I can assume they mean mine, and not somebody else's.

Only if you have a robotic brain incapable of processing things in a non-linear fashion, and wield a very rusty grasp of the English language and its associated idioms, which, as it stands, may very well be the case.

No one in his right mind is going to take a rhetorical question like "is he your daddy?" as an attack on his patriarchal lineage. No one.
    edited February 2010
    Kevscar wrote: »
    I'll tell you what Cryptic couldn't pay me enough to come and post on here and face all the garbage thats thrown at them.
    Everyone moans about lack of content and not paying another month to wait for the 45 day update so they try to do something. OK somethings gone wrong. Do you think they deliberatly cocked it up. Well I know some of you think they are lying, if it,s proved they are then they will lose all their subscribers do you not think they might know that.

Oh they know that mate. Cryptic can look forward to having you by the side, it will be awful ****ing lonely but.
    edited February 2010
    If I had a better game to play I would! Dont you have something better to do?

No, as a matter of fact. I don't.
    And yes I consider the silent treatment a punishment, a juvenile one, but one non the less.

Only if you care that much about him, then, yeah, I guess. Usually, though, i reserve that train of thought for family members and friends, not random people on the internet.

But I guess some of us are more sentimental than others.
    edited February 2010
    So not a single bug fix? Nothing at all? Not even The Big Dig which has been broken forever?

Wow, this company SUCKS.
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    So not a single bug fix? Nothing at all? Not even The Big Dig which has been broken forever?

Wow, this company SUCKS.

Well no...but in the future their will be:o
    edited February 2010
    mithie wrote:
    Only if you have a robotic brain incapable of processing things in a non-linear fashion, and wield a very rusty grasp of the English language and its associated idioms, which, as it stands, may very well be the case.

Whatever man, I made a comment, about my opinions about treatment from Cryptic, if you want to keep attacking me and insulting my intelligence now then I am not going to partake in what for a post or two was an exchange of differing but reasonable opinions.

I apologize for my use of whatever at the beginning of a sentence, I am sure I violated some rule that my 5th grade English teacher would not be happy about.
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:

Wow, this company SUCKS.

See, people? See? This is how you vent your anger.

Yes, you're goddamn right the company sucks. Attacking the company for the company's shortcomings is valid and makes sense.

Attacking a dev for where he spends his coffee break doesn't.
    I apologize for my use of whatever at the beginning of a sentence, I am sure I violated some rule that my 5th grade English teacher would not be happy about.

No. You should apologize for misconstruing a rhetorical question as an attack on your family. Which you did - followed up by some snide remarks.

So I threw some back. We're even, though, unless you want to keep slinging.
    edited February 2010
    mithie wrote:
    No, as a matter of fact. I don't.

Only if you care that much about him, then, yeah, I guess. Usually, though, i reserve that train of thought for family members and friends, not random people on the internet.

But I guess some of us are more sentimental than others.

You are a random person on the internet, and so am I. He is a member of the company of whose current actions, intentions, and opinions directly affect a game I generally want to see succeed, and have made a investment of money in. It does not make him better than me, or you, but when I am participating in these forums it makes him more pertinent to my activities here. Whereas I do not consider him family, he is an important part of the MMO community here, again in my opinion.
    edited February 2010
    Yea, not very good idea considering some people are sticking around on faith in Cryptic and its ability to improve the game.

which boggles my mind....because they did SO well with CO and it's improvements