test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 12, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So once again the EU players can QQ and start a flamewar over nothing.

Or you could go outside and enjoy the day. Spend some time with family. Finish those chores you've been putting off.

It's not armageddon after all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Or you could go outside and enjoy the day. Spend some time with family. Finish those chores you've been putting off.

It's not armageddon after all.

Apparently Zeppo is stuck in a temporal loop where it never goes past 1pm... how it manages to change days without moving pass 1pm is beyond my comprehension though.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    dimonkey wrote: »
    You call it "Whining" I call it providing my feedback that I believe they should patch during the week rather than weekend - which I believe, last time I checked, I was entitled to do?

Entitled?

Care to provide a copy of the documentation that bestows that?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Semtec wrote:
    Surely better to do it in the midweek tho so as to not mess with EU players weekend

That wouldn't stop the complaints. They'd just change the day in their QQ template and post anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    what is this "outside" people keep referring to?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's where Sulu is, darradyl.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Entitled?

Care to provide a copy of the documentation that bestows that?

I think hes thinking of the Bill of Rights, which says we have a right to free speech... and forgets that the Bill of Rights only limits the federal government from banning or punishing critics or whatnot, it doesnt mean you get to yammer on without impunity.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Again in EU time? Thanks... Perhaps either do this maintenance in the week, or 2 hours earlier? It's always the same...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok guys stop with this negative posting cuz u make all the EU players look bad(including me) i am gmt+1 which translates into 12 to 2 pm and i dont mind and anybody who says this is EU gaming primetime REALLY NEEDS to get a life.

just my 2 cents
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    agree.. stop the time discussion ( no i am EU.. )... i would be more interested in actual patch notes and ETA on a respec feature.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    stAyErC wrote:
    ok guys stop with this negative posting cuz u make all the EU players look bad(including me) i am gmt+1 which translates into 12 to 2 pm and i dont mind and anybody who says this is EU gaming primetime REALLY NEEDS to get a life.

just my 2 cents

Either that or they think Australia is part of the EU.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    IM in the UK and stop the complaining about downtimes they already stated they are doing it when the LEAST amount of players are affected. In other words LIVE with it and stop being streotypical Brits and never stop complaining.

You guys really make me sad to say im a Brit.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 13, February from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

Not a problem, two hours is nothing. Looking forward to the patch.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Uk (euorpe) getting screwed again. Cannot see why they want to go to work at 2am in morning unless they done give a s**t about us and only care about the US players.

EUORPE SERVER NEEDED BADLY, EQUAL PLAYING TIME NEEDED.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Balvin wrote:
    IM in the UK and stop the complaining about downtimes they already stated they are doing it when the LEAST amount of players are affected. In other words LIVE with it and stop being streotypical Brits and never stop complaining.

You guys really make me sad to say im a Brit.

We pay the same as them I want the same gametime. That not fair . People in brit like getting walk over. I dont.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The only ones who have a reason to complain about the down time times is those in the GMT+8 zones... So you have to not play in lunch time hours, big deal, go eat. The game will be there when you return.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ImaTarget wrote: »
    Yea, and you will surely get a lot of European users when the word of mouth is: "You are screwed, servers are down for patching during prime time". Its not that one sided. I had to arrange a lot of stuff to be able to have some playtime tomorrow which would have been exactly in that window. Thanks for ruining another free weekend day!

Note: I do understand they have to patch a lot in the beginning and all that yaddayadda, it is not my first mmo. But venting helps release the anger.

Ok, so I'm not going to reply to this in irritation like my first instinct told me since I totally understand you need to vent and you admitted it so it's kewl...;) But I would like to say to any EU or aussie players that while it is unfortunate that you guys do keep getting screwed over with the maintenance schedule, you have to understand they schedule a time that doesn't comflict with their primary market prime times and for them it's between 3am and 6am in the morning in the pacific time zone. It really does suck that it put you guys in a bind, but they've been very consistent with that time slot, and it might be easier for you to just plan on not being able to play at whatever that time corresponds to for you... You all have my condolances, though; I do know that would torque me right off if it kept happening to me too... :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ImaTarget wrote: »
    Yea, and you will surely get a lot of European users when the word of mouth is: "You are screwed, servers are down for patching during prime time". Its not that one sided. I had to arrange a lot of stuff to be able to have some playtime tomorrow which would have been exactly in that window. Thanks for ruining another free weekend day!

Since when is 11am to 1pm GMT "prime time"? It's be far worse if it was later in the day/evening. (Well - not tomorrow, cos I'll be offline watching the rugby. But in general... )
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    gee its almost like they look at the demographics and pick a time that will have the least impact on the greatest amount of people instead of basing it on some abstract ethno/regional bias. What insensitive jerks. Really can't they schedule the down time so it effects more brown people instead?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Uk (euorpe) getting screwed again. Cannot see why they want to go to work at 2am in morning unless they done give a s**t about us and only care about the US players.

EUORPE SERVER NEEDED BADLY, EQUAL PLAYING TIME NEEDED.

dude i know its saturday and its winter so its probably cold outside but its two freakin' hours not two days, and like i said earlier do you consider 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. gaming prime time?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So once again you choose to TRIBBLE over the EU players at the weekend. /golfclap

as far as i remember no one cares about the UNITED STATES OF EUROPE or the USE or if you want to lie to yourself the EU but honestly no one cares
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Go watch the Olympics and stop embarising your self on the fourms no one likes a whiner from any country and patches are good and whining will not make them change the schedual they will do whatever the hell they want they don't need to conform to your wishes as long as they fullfill everyone else....and go watch your country kick some american TRIBBLE in the olympics and i am american but hell you all seem to not like america so go beat us in the vancover games.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    why is it everytime some says something about down times affecting gameplay they get jumped on by people it doesnt have any bearing on.

Now if it the down time sticks to the times said most will not have a problem, the oz/nz guys get a much rougher deal. But alot of the time so far we have seen the downtimes have not lasted that long, an extra hour no problem but when everything goes back up and the patches fixes cause issue for alot of people for the rest of day and they cant get on that is a reason to complain.

Not everyone is a nightime player maybe they are younger and play during the day, in the UK saturday night is when most people go out so daytime downtimes do cause issues.

For alot of people in the EU this will be their first weekend due to the issues with teh game sales and the first full day of gameplay due to school or work so yes it may be a problem for some.

This is not an American only game it is sold worldwide, it is No1 in the Uk sales charts, cryptic have stated they have just over 1million accounts at first week of release, so how many copies were sold in the uk 100k? 200k.? to get to the top of the charts. And thats just one of the smaller countries in the EU.

Those outside the US have the same rights as american players, including to the right to complain if the company is on purpose doing something which causes issues for them.

These posts only turn into flamewars when those it doesnt cause problems for turn up and start trolling, so if the complaint is not relative please just shut up and stay out.

Wasnt the point of the star trek universe a crew made up from all nations and equality for all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    magitek wrote: »
    I can has TOS/MU skirt fix pleese?

And maybe fix BO uniforms?

Pretty please with sugar on top?

And sprinkles?

And a cherry, maybe?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Isn't that around lunch time anyway? Use it to grab a bite to eat. Talk to the wife/girlfriend/other person. Go outside for an hour or so. 2 hours is hardly a reason to QQ.

Now it really screws over the Eastern US. Get up a little early before anyone to get some playing time in. Oh boo-hoo. What will we do? Boo-hoo. Oh wait... it's no big deal.

Plus it's a patch coming. Hopefully they give us some good stuff so stop the whine.

Haha, LOL. So true.
    I bet we are getting Respec feature.

Eh, I doubt it. They haven't even hinted at the way respecs are going to be handled. I hope there's an incremental option, having to go full-out would be a PITA.
    magitek wrote: »
    I can has TOS/MU skirt fix pleese?

Yes, are we finally going to get the stuff we paid extra for and/or invested in Cryptic for? :D
    muppetland wrote:
    why is it everytime some says something about down times affecting gameplay they get jumped on by people it doesnt have any bearing on.

I'm in the Eastern US, and by my daily schedule that's part of my potential playing time. As someone affected by the downtime as well, I say suck it up :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And maybe fix BO uniforms?

Pretty please with sugar on top?

And sprinkles?

And a cherry, maybe?

From what I've heard the non-skirt BO uniforms got a stealth fix in the last patch -- it just didn't make the patch notes. You should give it a try. I've definitely seen reports from players that they have gotten their BOffs properly uniformed after this weeks Thursday night/Friday morning patch.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MTANG195 wrote:
    Go watch the Olympics and stop embarising your self on the fourms no one likes a whiner from any country and patches are good and whining will not make them change the schedual they will do whatever the hell they want they don't need to conform to your wishes as long as they fullfill everyone else....and go watch your country kick some american TRIBBLE in the olympics and i am american but hell you all seem to not like america so go beat us in the vancover games.

Grammar?? Your post hurts my eyes. If you are going to rag on someone, please learn punctuation. But then again, you do explain your lack of language by stating that you are the product of an American education. By the Way; I can get away with this because I too, am an American, but there is a huge difference between us, I actually LEARNED things in school.

As for the impending patch, I dislike whining as much as the next guy, but you people take it to the extreme. The Europeans about losing 2 hours in their PRE-Primetime, the assinine Americans Winging on about the EU folks Whining. ETC. You know there is a good explaination as to the Downtime, these guys are getting up EARLY in their morning to fix the problems for all of us, they could do it like SOE or Blizzard and take 6 hours of the day (sometimes even more) from 6AM to 12PM (PST) to do their server maintenance (10AM to 4PM GMT)

I figure that this will get me a lot of heat, So, In the words of the Immortal Johnny Storm "Flame On!"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    One of the Dev's posted that the miniskirt fix was in testing and would probably be in the next patch. That's this one!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thrakensal wrote: »
    Grammar?? Your post hurts my eyes. If you are going to rag on someone, please learn punctuation. But then again, you do explain your lack of language by stating that you are the product of an American education. By the Way; I can get away with this because I too, am an American, but there is a huge difference between us, I actually LEARNED things in school.

As for the impending patch, I dislike whining as much as the next guy, but you people take it to the extreme. The Europeans about losing 2 hours in their PRE-Primetime, the assinine Americans Winging on about the EU folks Whining. ETC. You know there is a good explaination as to the Downtime, these guys are getting up EARLY in their morning to fix the problems for all of us, they could do it like SOE or Blizzard and take 6 hours of the day (sometimes even more) from 6AM to 12PM (PST) to do their server maintenance (10AM to 4PM GMT)

I figure that this will get me a lot of heat, So, In the words of tghe Immortal Johnny Storm "Flame On!"

Dude, it's not the 18th century. Stop capitalizing the first letters of random words.

(He writes like Benjamin Franklin!)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LOL... I'm a grammar freak myself, so I totally agreed with him, but for whatever reason I totally missed the random capitalized words... Eyes must be getting tired, I'm at work and been trolling now for three hours.... I love my job! ;)
This discussion has been closed.