test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

An Admiral Speaks: No Endgame Content.... At All (Spoiler Alert)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well just hit Admiral 5 and, to my dismay, there is absolutely NO endgame content in place. None. In fact after you rank up to Admiral, the quests just stop coming. There's no "way to go" there's no serious loot. There's nothing. Sure some of you will want to say "well you hit Admiral too fast" but that's not the point. The point is there is NOTHING at all to do at 45. Not a single thing except maybe pvp once the Klingons get Admiral. It's so blatantly neglected that it's almost offensive.

And when I say nothing I mean NOTHING. No more Missons to do. No Fleet actions. No crafting. No PvP yet. No exploration (unless you count the randomly generated generic Genesis missions). Literally nothing at all. And I outfitted my ship in green MK X almost completely in one day. I really have no goals at all anymore.

Might as well just start showing credits once we hit 45 because the game is literally over at that point.

There is a COMPLETE lack of not only a crafting system, but also the ability to even tell us if there will be one soon. So I guess I can't craft to bide my time either. Really amateur.

Now let's talk about the fact that there is NO WAY to form a raid, or get your fleet together and do a fleet action. In fact, there's no fleet actions after the Crystalline Entity. So all of us who are commander and above have nothing at all to do together. And even if we did, we'd have to hopefully all hop into the same instance to work together. Again, Great Job.

Oh, and the skill distribution. Letting us max out only one at tier 5 and put another 7 points elsewhere? Even if the eventual cap will be 50 this is just so dumb for a release.

Hmm did I miss anything? Yup. Tons. But I'm so awestruck by the middle finger we are all getting to even cover it all for the Devs (AGAIN). Already beat this dead horse during beta along with tons of other people. Submitted countless tickets and reports and threads to help. Thanks for completely ignoring your testers, guys.

Bottom line is this game is looking more and more like a total scam job and a DESPERATE attempt to get a quick $20 million bonus from Atari. I want to love it as much as the next guy but I have never seen such a complete neglect of endgame content before. Ever. Even Aion had some world bosses. And what should we expect in the 45 day patch? Maybe one extra area? Then what, wait another 3 months for Memory Alpha to start working? No thanks.

Just tell us the real story and stop hiding behind your shallow promises and misleading marketing. Just say it Craig. "Thanks for buying STO even though it's completely unfinished. Thanks for helping us get that $20 million from Atari. Now pay us till SWTOR comes out and makes us look even more like amateurs."

On a final note, spare me the "It's a new MMO and shouldn't have endgame yet" because those are the words of a blind sheep and have no real bearing in logical discussion. Anyone with any business sense would have noticed from other MMOs how fast people level up and want endgame content. The amount of broken/incomplete content is astounding and really discouraging. I see this and think "even if they follow through with all the hot air they've been spewing, when, if ever, can we expect it?" I just can't believe that they have much in the works for the 45 day patch. No mention yet from anyone on crafting or anything else major. Really finding it harder and harder to believe in this game after seeing all there is to see (literally) in a span of 5 days.

PROVE ME WRONG, CRYPTIC! I really want to play this game for a while but you repeatedly let us down on every point. Show me you actually care and make this game what you claimed it would be in all the interviews and dev chats. Otherwise your reputation will never recover. Remember a company named SOE and what happened to their rep after SWG? Notice any similarities here? How could you not?....

L O L

say, mate, since it is common knowledge that the endgame content of sto is non existent, why are you here complaining about the absence of it?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You can always hang out near Earth Space Dock in your awesome ship, making sure other people can see you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zap-Robo wrote: »
    I've never understood this opinion - maybe one of you lot obssessed with it can answer this. Why is "endgame" content more appealing or valid than content to do as you level?

Because leveling is a finite process. Endgame is not. It's why WoW expansions and content patches always center exclusively on endgame stuff. In an ideal MMO you spend X time leveling and then as much time as you want doing cool stuff at the level cap.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nope. But you might be a poser for pretending to be all high and mighty yet here you are playing the same game just at a slower pace. You try and dissect my remarks to be witty and get a gang up going. I didn't post this to get a pat on the back or whatever. I totally expected sandy little toads to come out of the woodwork and flame just like you did.

This entire thread was posted because MMOs have been out for what, going on 15 years now? Did ANYONE learn ANYTHING in that time about player trends and content? You think it's coincidence that WoW raids require forever to complete unless you're in Ensidia? Endgame content should be a STAPLE of a game, nit something that's "coming soon". There's no endgame because Cryptic was concerned about their OWN financial success, not the success of the game as a whole.

If any of you actually READ the financial report from Atari where they talked about the bonuses Cryptic would get then maybe you'd be a bit more clear on what is really going on here. I own a business and know how these things work. Seen it loads of times before even in small businesses. Peope push an inferior product out for a bonus hoping that it will sell before people see it's TRIBBLE. It's as clear as black and white to me. Sorry it's not for you.

Your argument is invalid.
    You bought it and got to the end of this inferior unpolished product that helped get them their bonus.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nope. But you might be a poser for pretending to be all high and mighty yet here you are playing the same game just at a slower pace. You try and dissect my remarks to be witty and get a gang up going. I didn't post this to get a pat on the back or whatever. I totally expected sandy little toads to come out of the woodwork and flame just like you did.

This entire thread was posted because MMOs have been out for what, going on 15 years now? Did ANYONE learn ANYTHING in that time about player trends and content? You think it's coincidence that WoW raids require forever to complete unless you're in Ensidia? Endgame content should be a STAPLE of a game, nit something that's "coming soon". There's no endgame because Cryptic was concerned about their OWN financial success, not the success of the game as a whole.

If any of you actually READ the financial report from Atari where they talked about the bonuses Cryptic would get then maybe you'd be a bit more clear on what is really going on here. I own a business and know how these things work. Seen it loads of times before even in small businesses. Peope push an inferior product out for a bonus hoping that it will sell before people see it's TRIBBLE. It's as clear as black and white to me. Sorry it's not for you.

Funny you should mention a guild notorious for using exploits/abusing game mechanics and then bragging about it!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I will agree on that face that cryptic did seem to ignore us on several points that has been made by the beta testers etc.

But at the same time i have to agree with several other posters.
    The game has barly lunched yet and your already max level, you need to slow down a bit.
    ok, so your a powergamer, thats the way you play, not our foult.
    But even tho you do not like to hear it, the game is new.

The coming year will show if it will survive or if it will fall like such games as tabula rasa.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You could always help the WIKI out :)

But Cryptic have dropped a bit of a large ball on this one, no content at all, not even a repeatable instance, is a bit too much. Even Conan had a repeatable dungeon even though it was borked, but it was there..... it was getting there that was the problem due to lack of content between levels...

Anyway being too forgiving to companies in recent years has led to this shoddy workmanship today being thrown out the door just to get punters involved and handing over cash for half finished products. I don't want to say the old line, but i feel i must, You don't pay for your car and expect the engine to be added later do you? But this appears to be the way the computing world seems to operate and we as consumers have let them and the more people say just sit back and wait, it will come, makes them more and more in the seat of power and a position to dictate the terms. As consumers we should be taking a stand and demanding a solid product, but there are far too many just willing to allow things to slide.

Fair play to the OP for getting to end level so quick, but it was stated there was no end content in a post by a Dev somewhere. Even so, i agree with this post, and more of them should be made. We pay for a working product, not something that just about works.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    raygor76 wrote:
    Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was pondering that question!

I can at least answer from my point of view: To me, an MMO is an adventure. I Think of levling as "boot camp". Then, once you're max level (out of bootcamp) you're ready to REALLY kick some butts. Most people I know feel this way. It becomes more about the story in the end and less about the grind. That's why I love endgame. Not sure about the rest.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Because leveling is a finite process. Endgame is not. It's why WoW expansions and content patches always center exclusively on endgame stuff. In an ideal MMO you spend X time leveling and then as much time as you want doing cool stuff at the level cap.

Exactly.

While the levelling process serves is purpose for the casual player crowd and for the real players to get to know the game (and to get into the lore), the game itself starts at level cap.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I skipped the OP after a few lines, giggled at some replies then felt ready to post

you state there is no end game content?

you will find there is 'Some endgame content'
    Training your BO's, finding teh sweetest and best-est? ist? BO you can and kitting tehm out with Uber skills (all III if you can)

Finding the PURPLE items for your ships, getting all ships.

but wait, there is no raid content? maybe Cryptic DONT want to do raid content? maybe their time during Beta was listening to the feeback we gave them and enhancing the core of the game (all CB testers remember the UI? the lack of scanning? the bugs?).

Sorry that cryptic chose to cater to the masses rather than the jerks, its life, cry and river,m build a bridge and get over it

Have you also hit 50 on klingons? tried PvP content? tried the other 2 classes you have not done? (after all those other two classes hold III skills for you BO to train in)

I mean if your girlfriend said 'I am doing something sexy tonight, let me get ready' and you jumped on her and humped her silly, you can expect her to be offended when you go 'thats it?' esp when she hasnt even lit the candles

Plus they already said in headstart the Borg hub would not be switched on for at least two weeks, they have internally tested the leveling curve (approx 2 hours per level) and you PL you way ahead of the curve, not much anyone can do about that
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Clearly cryptic need to take a leaf from the biggest MMO of all wime, WoW...

1) Make players play the same instances over and over again to get a handful of tokens each day to buy the best gear in game.
    2) Make sure that no matter how long or hard you play, it takes at least a week of doing the same thing over and over agin each day to get ONE item from a set.
    3) Introduce new crafting items that give an extra point, in a stat that will take a month of grinding gold to buy the materials OR even better use those rare token in point 2 to buy the reagents needed.
    4) Introduce more and more mounts, and make some parts of those mounts vendor only at 1000gold per, and also make them a 24 hour respawn, oh and you need 8 of them.

Now dont get me wrong, I love WoW, and will no doubt go back and play again with the new expansion, but dont give me any TRIBBLE about endgame, when that end game is doing the same thing over and over again for a few extra stats on a piece of gear.

I am sure Cryptic could introduce a new vendor with great ship enhancments, that are bought with medals than can only be awarded once per day, or a ship made from parts in memory alpha that will take a year to grind.. but they havnt.

I myself have been playing since launch, and am LC3 and loving every moment.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm not scolding at Cryptic because I know there's no endcontent, because, you know, Cryptic already said that more or less indirect if you are able to read between the lines (Reading Comprehension = Pure Win).
    I'm not scolding at Cryptic because I don't have so much time on my hand like the OP does.

No, but you have enough time to be an apologist (and a snarky one at that, despite your garbage about "cussing people out") in almost every thread I look at about a legitimate issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seveer wrote:

But Cryptic have dropped a bit of a large ball on this one, no content at all, not even a repeatable instance, is a bit too much. Even Conan had a repeatable dungeon even though it was borked, but it was there..... it was getting there that was the problem due to lack of content between levels...

Anyway being too forgiving to companies in recent years has led to this shoddy workmanship today being thrown out the door just to get punters involved and handing over cash for half finished products. I don't want to say the old line, but i feel i must, You don't pay for your car and expect the engine to be added later do you? But this appears to be the way the computing world seems to operate and we as consumers have let them and the more people say just sit back and wait, it will come, makes them more and more in the seat of power and a position to dictate the terms. As consumers we should be taking a stand and demanding a solid product, but there are far too many just willing to allow things to slide.

Fair play to the OP for getting to end level so quick, but it was stated there was no end content in a post by a Dev somewhere. Even so, i agree with this post, and more of them should be made. We pay for a working product, not something that just about works.

Let me correct that a bit:

We pay THROUGH THE NOSE for a working product...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zap-Robo wrote: »
    I've never understood this opinion - maybe one of you lot obssessed with it can answer this. Why is "endgame" content more appealing or valid than content to do as you level?

Why force yourself up to the maximum level, where there WILL be less content in a newly released game possibly bypassing all the lower level content, and then complain about the fact you've got nothing to do!

Have you got a full compliment of BOffs? Not just for your ship, but for your rank? Do you have one of each type of ship? Have you been breeding Tribbles yet? Have you rolled up a new character to do the content you may have missed last time?

Why do you have to be maximum level to enjoy the game?

This ^^

I think this thread is hilarious tbh. So so predictable!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Badem wrote: »
    I skipped the OP after a few lines, giggled at some replies then felt ready to post

you state there is no end game content?

you will find there is 'Some endgame content'
    Training your BO's, finding teh sweetest and best-est? ist? BO you can and kitting tehm out with Uber skills (all III if you can)

Finding the PURPLE items for your ships, getting all ships.

but wait, there is no raid content? maybe Cryptic DONT want to do raid content? maybe their time during Beta was listening to the feeback we gave them and enhancing the core of the game (all CO testers remember the UI? the lack of scanning? the bugs?).

Sorry that cryptic chose to cater to the masses rather than the jerks, its life, cry and river,m build a bridge and get over it

Have you also hit 50 on klingons? tried PvP content? tried the other 2 classes you have not done? (after all those other two classes hold III skills for you BO to train in)

I mean if your girlfriend said 'I am doing something sexy tonight, let me get ready' and you jumped on her and humped her silly, you can expect her to be offended when you go 'thats it?' esp when she hasnt even lit the candles

Thank you kind player! You have restored my faith in the community of gamers! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You guys can beat up the OP all you want but his post was thought out and well put together. I'm getting out while the getting is good and I will NEVER buy a product from this company again. What a joke this game is.:mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gramuly wrote: »
    Yea no one cares what you think. We like Startrek. We like to play in the Startrek world.
    We are not here to fill some gap in our life or prove we are best or fastest.
    We are not the lvling drones of the other MMOs.
    You dident even take time to enjoy the view or sounds or names.
    Its not about the destination, its about the trip.

Im sry you lost your only chance to really enjoy the game.
    We will add more content soon.
    For now, you lost your only chance to enjoy STO.
    There is only one STO and you Passed it up.
    I only read your first line.
    Thats all its worth to me.

Hey look, it's almost poetic idiocy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    raygor76 wrote:
    Funny you should mention a guild notorious for using exploits/abusing game mechanics and then bragging about it!

You missed the entire point of that remark. Read it again after you take a lap.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    No Endgame In A Game That Just Got Released!!!!
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
    This Is The End!!!!!!!!

PS

'End-game' is a TRIBBLE concept. The game is from lvl 0 to whatever is the cap
    people who rush in few days to max level and then complain that they don't know what to do now, always make me smile :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seveer wrote:

Agreed. Fair play to him. But it was a lack of judgement to come onto the forums and complain about lack of end game content so soon after launch.

However, your first sentence is actually a very good point. The OP has experienced more than others. Therefore, he could pass on the information that is currently lacking in regards to the higher level areas, ships, equipement etc. In other words put his achievement to good use rather than just complaining about something.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's why WoW expansions and content patches always center exclusively on endgame stuff.

or maybe because with so many things to cater to hurrdurr players, getting to levelcap in WoW is just... too easy?seriously before wow came about i could not think of any game that could bring even the most braindead TRIBBLE to endgame phase in such a short span of time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But you might be a poser

So exactly how is one a "forum poser"? I mean the act of simply posting on a forum shows they're not.

Oh well, server is up, yay. Off to play. Have fun with your level 50 ship. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @Zap-Robo: because then leveling is the mainpart of the game, why play an MMORPG ?`Leveling is much better made in singpley player games and they also have a multiplayer mode. A MMOPRG endgame is the thing thats special about this games and not the leveling part. Leveling is just a hard way for progression. You also can do espides at max level, you also can progress your char, the only big difference is, that there are will be people who are lower than you, leveling is not necessary for most part of the game you can make everything also working without leveling.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You missed the entire point of that remark. Read it again after you take a lap.

I didn't miss the point. Your bringing up that guild just invalidated your whole post for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tarka wrote: »
    Agreed. Fair play to him. But it was a lack of judgement to come onto the forums and complain about lack of end game content so soon after launch.

However, your first sentence is actually a very good point. The OP has experienced more than others. Therefore, he could pass on the information that is currently lacking in regards to the higher level areas, ships, equipement etc. In other words put his achievement to good use rather than just complaining about something.

I actually spend almost all my time in Sirius/Regulus space helping out newer players now. Also, I have been more than willing to help anyone with ship specs, equipment questions, whatever, whether in my fleet or not. I just figure that if we put a fire under Cryptic's TRIBBLE then maybe they'll take all that money we just game them and give us what we are looking for. Hence my reason for posting this whole mess.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can at least answer from my point of view: To me, an MMO is an adventure. I Think of levling as "boot camp". Then, once you're max level (out of bootcamp) you're ready to REALLY kick some butts. Most people I know feel this way. It becomes more about the story in the end and less about the grind. That's why I love endgame. Not sure about the rest.

Wow STO Champions online SWG EvE ....all of these games....most are diven by imagination, STORY.

Star Trek Online is something alot of folks have wanted to see for years, its not something that should be rushed all at once, the community needs to form and help shape it just like any other game that has been worth a TRIBBLE. Sorry if story means so little to you, sounds like fps is more your style.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Congratulations

You should of done what i did. I COULD of hit Admiral by now but i chose to go slower to give Cryptic more time to add in end game and other content. I suggest you go play as a klingon now or make a new toon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well just hit Admiral 5 and, to my dismay, there is absolutely NO endgame content in place. None. In fact after you rank up to Admiral, the quests just stop coming. There's no "way to go" there's no serious loot. There's nothing. Sure some of you will want to say "well you hit Admiral too fast" but that's not the point. The point is there is NOTHING at all to do at 45. Not a single thing except maybe pvp once the Klingons get Admiral. It's so blatantly neglected that it's almost offensive.

And when I say nothing I mean NOTHING. No more Missons to do. No Fleet actions. No crafting. No PvP yet. No exploration (unless you count the randomly generated generic Genesis missions). Literally nothing at all. And I outfitted my ship in green MK X almost completely in one day. I really have no goals at all anymore.

Might as well just start showing credits once we hit 45 because the game is literally over at that point.

There is a COMPLETE lack of not only a crafting system, but also the ability to even tell us if there will be one soon. So I guess I can't craft to bide my time either. Really amateur.

Now let's talk about the fact that there is NO WAY to form a raid, or get your fleet together and do a fleet action. In fact, there's no fleet actions after the Crystalline Entity. So all of us who are commander and above have nothing at all to do together. And even if we did, we'd have to hopefully all hop into the same instance to work together. Again, Great Job.

Oh, and the skill distribution. Letting us max out only one at tier 5 and put another 7 points elsewhere? Even if the eventual cap will be 50 this is just so dumb for a release.

Hmm did I miss anything? Yup. Tons. But I'm so awestruck by the middle finger we are all getting to even cover it all for the Devs (AGAIN). Already beat this dead horse during beta along with tons of other people. Submitted countless tickets and reports and threads to help. Thanks for completely ignoring your testers, guys.

Bottom line is this game is looking more and more like a total scam job and a DESPERATE attempt to get a quick $20 million bonus from Atari. I want to love it as much as the next guy but I have never seen such a complete neglect of endgame content before. Ever. Even Aion had some world bosses. And what should we expect in the 45 day patch? Maybe one extra area? Then what, wait another 3 months for Memory Alpha to start working? No thanks.

Just tell us the real story and stop hiding behind your shallow promises and misleading marketing. Just say it Craig. "Thanks for buying STO even though it's completely unfinished. Thanks for helping us get that $20 million from Atari. Now pay us till SWTOR comes out and makes us look even more like amateurs."

On a final note, spare me the "It's a new MMO and shouldn't have endgame yet" because those are the words of a blind sheep and have no real bearing in logical discussion. Anyone with any business sense would have noticed from other MMOs how fast people level up and want endgame content. The amount of broken/incomplete content is astounding and really discouraging. I see this and think "even if they follow through with all the hot air they've been spewing, when, if ever, can we expect it?" I just can't believe that they have much in the works for the 45 day patch. No mention yet from anyone on crafting or anything else major. Really finding it harder and harder to believe in this game after seeing all there is to see (literally) in a span of 5 days.

PROVE ME WRONG, CRYPTIC! I really want to play this game for a while but you repeatedly let us down on every point. Show me you actually care and make this game what you claimed it would be in all the interviews and dev chats. Otherwise your reputation will never recover. Remember a company named SOE and what happened to their rep after SWG? Notice any similarities here? How could you not?....

Q_Q op. go back to teh wow :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    im 42 and i expected to get to 50 and have nothing to do, the whole reason i leveled this quick is so i can get back on with my life once im max level lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Hmm..i can't really think of an MMO that would fit into this description. MMO's have engame contend..that's for sure but let's take WoW as an example...you have some raids...try to get the best gear...repeat the hardest raids countless times to get to your gear...hmm..that's it..not much of a story behind it...just repeating the same stuff over and over to get some gear...and if you wanna do something else you go into the arena...that's a sum of 2 major options in the end...only thing is repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat....till the bloody end...oh well..i don't really call this fun