test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

An Admiral Speaks: No Endgame Content.... At All (Spoiler Alert)

1293031323335»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Admiral lvl 2. Nothing to do. Maybe 60h played (started at headstart). Good job Cryptic. Even vanilla WoW had like few days /played to lvl 60 and then you still had something to do.

WTF is this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its funny that their description page for the things to come mentions all this end content which doesnt exists in the game yet, and then at the bottom says "all of this content is free." Its not free, its content of the game release that we all just spent 60 bucks on that they just didnt include because they didnt want to miss their release date.

The other thing is, you dont miss anything getting to admiral 5 in a week, because there really arnt extra or hidden quests. There arnt but a few fleet battles, there isn't really any way to just go visit a system and redo the content of that system if you or someone in your group doesn't have the quest, so if you have already done it you get to rely on nostalgia and memory.

Im not complaining at all, it would just have been nice to see it take about 4 times the effort to get to 45 and then seen like 5 times the content in the game. I just hope cryptic is wise about it and puts the huge team involved in making the game into full gear and keep cranking out content, because i dont see this holding peoples attention with just the few endgame encounters on the docket right now...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    n0vhpaa wrote: »
    Let this be a lesson. Dont rush through the game.[/QUOTEOh Please your mommie raised a moron. Rush through !!! ??, According to Cryptic pre-lure rheotoric about the game, this is online real time, that (they) boasted... Meaning as they said," over the years we will all grow..." that means to keep building, adding, upgrading not to sit stagnant at a point like when you reach Admiral 5 level and can no longer advance is uhmmm well Fraud in the Inducement, look it up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    Look here. The stuff you're looking for now will be coming very soon.

Congrats on reaching Admiral!

Yes, make sure you pay attention to the carrot they are trying to dangle to keep people on board past month #1.

Commenting on OP's edits: Memory Alpha hardly works right. What they have going is NOT a crafting system. They give you no progress, no feedback. The instructions she gives you aren't even clear AT ALL.

Upcoming content not in the game means two things: Jack ****, and well, jack left town. The fact that they timed this half way BETWEEN month 1 and 2's payments, and better yet: it will have ZERO external testing...not good in the least. This content patch introduced how many non-functional/buggy things?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    On a final note, spare me the "It's a new MMO and shouldn't have endgame yet" because those are the words of a blind sheep and have no real bearing in logical discussion. Anyone with any business sense would have noticed from other MMOs how fast people level up and want endgame content.

I believe your "blind sheep" analogy would be better suited toward people who would rush out and purchase an item without researching it first. And a consumer with any business sense would know better than to do that. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but what I'm hearing is a lot of buyers remorse from people who purchased a product before it was released rather than waiting for the game to be live for a while, doing some research on it, reading it's reviews, browsing it's forums, playing using a buddy pass, and determining whether it's something you would want to spend $50 on (or more depending on the edition) and a subscription fee. I don't believe that's the developers fault...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I believe your "blind sheep" analogy would be better suited toward people who would rush out and purchase an item without researching it first. And a consumer with any business sense would know better than to do that. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but what I'm hearing is a lot of buyers remorse from people who purchased a product before it was released rather than waiting for the game to be live for a while, doing some research on it, reading it's reviews, browsing it's forums, playing using a buddy pass, and determining whether it's something you would want to spend $50 on (or more depending on the edition) and a subscription fee. I don't believe that's the developers fault...

Don't worry, you will be enjoying your echo chamber soon enough. That will be the developers fault. Is it unrealistic to want to support an MMO such as STO and try it out? Something many of us have been waiting for since the dawning of gaming? Gasp! Since you've never made a bad purchase, I'd like you to pick my lotto numbers too. :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    had to find this topic again in the history.

dont say you werent warned, first you flame this poor guy in the ground about having no life etc although he was slower then me to get to RA but who cares.

Now i just enjoy the start of the bombs on the forums about content being done before youre 30 days free time is up.

All you whiners about content now are just levelling too fast you shouldnt be at Admiral already get in the sun or something /haha.

People have no clue about how stuff works, Its not the person who i able to level to max level in /played 2D 9 mins but its the possibility that the game gives that, and dont come with this exploit TRIBBLE i was RA before the servers offically opened on 2-2 so there was no Deep Space Encounters etc.

Revenge is so sweet and kudos for the OP to had the balls to put it up at the 4th of Feb.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The OP actually retracted his comments, after its was pointed out what was being added.

The game has not been out a month and they are still adding stuff. Just as they said they would. Digging this thread out is completely pointless.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Khaleed wrote:
    had to find this topic again in the history.

dont say you werent warned, first you flame this poor guy in the ground about having no life etc although he was slower then me to get to RA but who cares.

Now i just enjoy the start of the bombs on the forums about content being done before youre 30 days free time is up.

All you whiners about content now are just levelling too fast you shouldnt be at Admiral already get in the sun or something /haha.

People have no clue about how stuff works, Its not the person who i able to level to max level in /played 2D 9 mins but its the possibility that the game gives that, and dont come with this exploit TRIBBLE i was RA before the servers offically opened on 2-2 so there was no Deep Space Encounters etc.

Revenge is so sweet and kudos for the OP to had the balls to put it up at the 4th of Feb.

Shame you didn't even bother to READ the first post ;)
  • Options
    xparag0nxxparag0nx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dont hate me case im bringing up old threads!

I love these failures who come in here and say you completed the game too fast, you leveled up too fast. This is supposed to be an MMO right? i thought it was.

So play the game like a console game, where you go through it once and stop playing, and still want to call it a MMO? what a joke, if i wanted to play a game where i took the time to enjoy the leveling up content, ill buy a single player game for my ps3 that will blow any mmo single player content out of the water.

STO is a joke, one person said it best
    End game is a gamble with lockbox gambling. And thats pretty much sums up end game.
    There is no end game.

STO is really a joke of a MMO game, and should really just been released as a single player pc/console game. Cause from the looks of it, how long after release now? still no real end game content.

Casual gamers ruining gaming since BC wow.

Where is the real gaming companies that are not just about money they can sucker off casual gamers, WTB blizzard north back.

Sad Sad era for gaming right now. Causal players and microtrans really ruining it. Cheap dev'ed games to make a quick buck off the causal gamer and let the game die pretty much and move on to next project to make money off with the least amount of effort.

GG gaming
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What has science wrought!?
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪