test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

An Admiral Speaks: No Endgame Content.... At All (Spoiler Alert)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
EDIT: Over the past few hours of this rivaling a downtime thread, I've looked closer at some info coming from the Devs and listened to some constructive comments from the posters. While a lot of this post may sound discouraging, bear in mind a LOT of these issues will be addressed in the next couple weeks, not just in the 45 day patch. This post was ONLY made because I love the game and want to, at times, be vocal in my feedback and the ways to improve it. While there are still some issues that need to be addressed, I am optimistic as to the upcoming endgame content and do not want players still leveling to feel there is nothing to look forward to. Take your time to level up and enjoy the game. I'm re-rolling to do just that in the meantime.

(original thread edited due to information received or mistakes I made in my research)

Cheers

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Well just hit Admiral 5 and, to my dismay, there is absolutely NO endgame content in place. None. In fact after you rank up to Admiral, the quests just stop coming. There's no "way to go" there's no serious loot. There's nothing. Sure some of you will want to say "well you hit Admiral too fast" but that's not the point. The point is there is NOTHING at all to do at 45. Not a single thing except maybe pvp once the Klingons get Admiral. It's so blatantly neglected that it's almost offensive.

And when I say nothing I mean NOTHING. No more Missons to do. No Fleet actions. No crafting. No PvP yet. No exploration (unless you count the randomly generated generic Genesis missions). Literally nothing at all. And I outfitted my ship in green MK X almost completely in one day. I really have no goals at all anymore.

Might as well just start showing credits once we hit 45 because the game is literally over at that point.

EDIT: Fixed due to the fact that Memory Alpha apparently works now

Now let's talk about the fact that there is NO WAY to form a raid, or get your fleet together and do a fleet action. In fact, there's no fleet actions after the Crystalline Entity. So all of us who are commander and above have nothing at all to do together. And even if we did, we'd have to hopefully all hop into the same instance to work together.

Oh, and the skill distribution. Letting us max out only one at tier 5 and put another 7 points elsewhere? Even if the eventual cap will be 50 this is just so dumb for a release.

EDIT: Fixed due to upcoming content

On a final note, spare me the "It's a new MMO and shouldn't have endgame yet" because those are the words of a blind sheep and have no real bearing in logical discussion. Anyone with any business sense would have noticed from other MMOs how fast people level up and want endgame content. The amount of broken/incomplete content is astounding and really discouraging. I see this and think "even if they follow through with all the hot air they've been spewing, when, if ever, can we expect it?" I just can't believe that they have much in the works for the 45 day patch. No mention yet from anyone on crafting or anything else major. Really finding it harder and harder to believe in this game after seeing all there is to see (literally) in a span of 5 days.

PROVE ME WRONG, CRYPTIC! I really want to play this game for a while but you repeatedly let us down on every point. Show me you actually care and make this game what you claimed it would be in all the interviews and dev chats.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Let this be a lesson. Dont rush through the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well just hit Admiral 5 and, to my dismay, there is absolutely NO endgame content in place. None. In fact after you rank up to Admiral, the quests just stop coming. There's no "way to go" there's no serious loot. There's nothing. Sure some of you will want to say "well you hit Admiral too fast" but that's not the point. The point is there is NOTHING at all to do at 45. Not a single thing except maybe pvp once the Klingons get Admiral. It's so blatantly neglected that it's almost offensive.

And when I say nothing I mean NOTHING. No more Missons to do. No Fleet actions. No crafting. No PvP yet. No exploration (unless you count the randomly generated generic Genesis missions). Literally nothing at all. And I outfitted my ship in green MK X almost completely in one day. I really have no goals at all anymore.

Might as well just start showing credits once we hit 45 because the game is literally over at that point.

There is a COMPLETE lack of not only a crafting system, but also the ability to even tell us if there will be one soon. So I guess I can't craft to bide my time either. Really amateur.

Now let's talk about the fact that there is NO WAY to form a raid, or get your fleet together and do a fleet action. In fact, there's no fleet actions after the Crystalline Entity. So all of us who are commander and above have nothing at all to do together. And even if we did, we'd have to hopefully all hop into the same instance to work together. Again, Great Job.

Oh, and the skill distribution. Letting us max out only one at tier 5 and put another 7 points elsewhere? Even if the eventual cap will be 50 this is just so dumb for a release.

Hmm did I miss anything? Yup. Tons. But I'm so awestruck by the middle finger we are all getting to even cover it all for the Devs (AGAIN). Already beat this dead horse during beta along with tons of other people. Submitted countless tickets and reports and threads to help. Thanks for completely ignoring your testers, guys.

Bottom line is this game is looking more and more like a total scam job and a DESPERATE attempt to get a quick $20 million bonus from Atari. I want to love it as much as the next guy but I have never seen such a complete neglect of endgame content before. Ever. Even Aion had some world bosses. And what should we expect in the 45 day patch? Maybe one extra area? Then what, wait another 3 months for Memory Alpha to start working? No thanks.

Just tell us the real story and stop hiding behind your shallow promises and misleading marketing. Just say it Craig. "Thanks for buying STO even though it's completely unfinished. Thanks for helping us get that $20 million from Atari. Now pay us till SWTOR comes out and makes us look even more like amateurs."

On a final note, spare me the "It's a new MMO and shouldn't have endgame yet" because those are the words of a blind sheep and have no real bearing in logical discussion. Anyone with any business sense would have noticed from other MMOs how fast people level up and want endgame content. The amount of broken/incomplete content is astounding and really discouraging. I see this and think "even if they follow through with all the hot air they've been spewing, when, if ever, can we expect it?" I just can't believe that they have much in the works for the 45 day patch. No mention yet from anyone on crafting or anything else major. Really finding it harder and harder to believe in this game after seeing all there is to see (literally) in a span of 5 days.

PROVE ME WRONG, CRYPTIC! I really want to play this game for a while but you repeatedly let us down on every point. Show me you actually care and make this game what you claimed it would be in all the interviews and dev chats. Otherwise your reputation will never recover. Remember a company named SOE and what happened to their rep after SWG? Notice any similarities here? How could you not?....

OMG....Your funny
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    50 levels in less then a week.... and complains about lack of content....

/yawn
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm going to go ahead and use the cliche, "that's what you get for rushing."

Seriously. The game has been available to you for 6 days. And you're max-level. Wow. By any measure, you rushed. You set a goal for yourself to get to max level as fast as you could. And you did it. Congrats.

Have you never played an MMO at release before? This is ALWAYS WHAT HAPPENS to people who pick up an MMO at release and rush to max level. They find nothing waiting for them. It is never any different. WoW at release. People rushed to cap. Found nothing. EQ1...EQ2...LOTRO... The list just goes on.

Just... don't rush to cap in an MMO at release. You'll always find nothing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

/yawn

Guess you missed the part about being a sheep. The point is there is NO endgame at ALL. So even if I took, say, a month to level.. then what? Wait? Endgame content is a hard lesson many devs have learned and here we go again...
  • Options
    edited February 2010

/yawn

Well to his defence, leveling is really quick if you follow the missions. But his points have merit a bit. There should be at least ONE top tier fleetaction to play in and get gear.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    n0vhpaa wrote: »
    Let this be a lesson. Dont rush through the game.

Another lesson is don't underestimate your player base and put out enough content to last only a week.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its his game, if he wants to power through it he should be allowed to.

This is a MMO and you are supposed to be able to play these things for YEARS, if there is not content beyond the level cap that is a joke.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Guess you missed the part about being a sheep. The point is there is NO endgame at ALL. So even if I took, say, a month to level.. then what? Wait? Endgame content is a hard lesson many devs have learned and here we go again...

And youre missing the point. You rushed and got burnt. That happens with every MMO. Even WoW had no real endgame content 6 days after launch.

Kudos for maxing out in 6 days and having nothing to do. You deserve it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    took me a solid year to cap SWG and another 6 months to ace pilot

took me a year to get to 80 on WAR

right now im at lieutenant 8 ..

So im happy at the moment, i work, i have a girlfriend

I just cant sit on the game 12 hours a day like some...

and you know what thats a good thing
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cryptic announced new content : raidisodes and more episodic missions. This is not *new* content, this is just what they couldn't complete because of their crazy deadline. We all know that (except the fanbois of course).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Champions online has been out a while now and still has absoultly no end game as well.

If you were in beta then you knew this all ready.

All we can do is wait and hope.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    n0vhpaa wrote: »
    And youre missing the point. You rushed and got burnt. That happens with every MMO. Even WoW had no real endgame content 6 days after launch.

Kudos for maxing out in 6 days and having nothing to do. You deserve it.
    Are you serious? Show me one MMO that didn't have at least some instance, crafting, or raid to do at endgame. WoW at least had some 5 man stuff to do. Now show me another MMO where people didn't rush to max level. Go ahead... I"ll wait while you try to think of one. Don't hate on me because I made time to play over the weekend and level up. I pay just like you and would like at least something to do once the work is done.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Didn't miss it. Just saw what everyone knew was coming..... Joe Spaz rushes through the game, then complains about lack of content.

/yawn.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How reminiscent of the Champions Online forums. I suggest that folks to go read that forum if you have not. You will find out that Cryptic doesn't provide "end game" content: what it does is release console style games with MMO'ness to them and then, as with the new "Vibora Bay" charges you for an added few levels of content (and not even end-game content). This is their model. It's in their business plan. So, no, I wasn't expecting classic MMO end game stuff here- I learned my lesson from CO. Just unsubscripted there to enjoy 3-4 months here. Standby for hard micro-transactions rolls, my friends. Its the new way.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    its your own fault for rushing so fast. The Devs stated that they will bring Endgame Content 2 weeks after launch.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Way I see it you have 3 options:

1) Start another Federation toon (maybe challenge yourself to find every anamoly on every map you are on)

2) Start a Klingon toon

3) Quit (you can always come back in 45 days)

Did I miss anything? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Take your time.... chillax. Why rush through a game, I can never understand this. Was on a mission the other day and all team members had rushed off, I stayed did a bit of sight seeing, and collected all the anomalies they'd missed.

Heck I'm only level 71 in another MMO, the name escapes me at the moment, and it took me over 3 years to get to that level.

So three years time in STO I'll be wallowing in end game, I'd have a coffee in the meantime if I were you... you've got a long wait ahead.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

There releaseing end game conten and raid content in a weeks time + new content after that every 3 weeks so be patient w8 for more ppl to hit admiral so you can raid when the content gets out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Another lesson is don't underestimate your player base and put out enough content to last only a week.

This is true. even if it took you a month to get there and there is nothing there your going to be loosing subs, there needs to be SOMETHING in place to where a high level needs to work for and many online games have this opening day, at least something to hold the player base in for a few months while they code something eles.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well at least now you can empty your poopsock.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Let's see...

Level 45 in less than 1 week...
    KNOWING the game has had no end content...
    and STILL complaining about the lack of aforementioned content....

Riiiight, this thread is new and interesting.

On a side note: You rightfully deserve the experience you are experiencing right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

There is a COMPLETE lack of not only a crafting system, but also the ability to even tell us if there will be one soon. So I guess I can't craft to bide my time either. Really amateur.

Now let's talk about the fact that there is NO WAY to form a raid, or get your fleet together and do a fleet action. In fact, there's no fleet actions after the Crystalline Entity. So all of us who are commander and above have nothing at all to do together. And even if we did, we'd have to hopefully all hop into the same instance to work together. Again, Great Job.

Hmm did I miss anything? Yup. Tons. But I'm so awestruck by the middle finger we are all getting to even cover it all for the Devs (AGAIN). Already beat this dead horse during beta along with tons of other people. Submitted countless tickets and reports and threads to help. Thanks for completely ignoring your testers, guys.

Bottom line is this game is looking more and more like a total scam job and a DESPERATE attempt to get a quick $20 million bonus from Atari. I want to love it as much as the next guy but I have never seen such a complete neglect of endgame content before. Ever. Even Aion had some world bosses. And what should we expect in the 45 day patch? Maybe one extra area? Then what, wait another 3 months for Memory Alpha to start working? No thanks.

Just tell us the real story and stop hiding behind your shallow promises and misleading marketing. Just say it Craig. "Thanks for buying STO even though it's completely unfinished. Thanks for helping us get that $20 million from Atari. Now pay us till SWTOR comes out and makes us look even more like amateurs."

PROVE ME WRONG, CRYPTIC! I really want to play this game for a while but you repeatedly let us down on every point. Show me you actually care and make this game what you claimed it would be in all the interviews and dev chats. Otherwise your reputation will never recover. Remember a company named SOE and what happened to their rep after SWG? Notice any similarities here? How could you not?....

I'm not even gonna read all of your post, it just isn't worth the effort. It is just plain simple.

You have been an idiot and rushed to admiral and now your moaning.

You will get no sympathy here for your own stupidity.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dagonhart wrote: »
    How reminiscent of the Champions Online forums. I suggest that folks to go read that forum if you have not. You will find out that Cryptic doesn't provide "end game" content: what it does is release console style games with MMO'ness to them and then, as with the new "Vibora Bay" charges you for an added few levels of content (and not even end-game content). This is their model. It's in their business plan. So, no, I wasn't expecting classic MMO end game stuff here- I learned my lesson from CO. Just unsubscripted there to enjoy 3-4 months here. Standby for hard micro-transactions rolls, my friends. Its the new way.

It's not the "new" way, it's Cryptic's way. There will always be better companies than them, although it may be hard to find a worse one. If Cryptic can't listen to their customers, they'll lose them. I know for sure that when I hit admiral 5 within the next two weeks (before my first month is up,) if there isn't an endgame, I won't pay for another month to play for either of my toons.

I don't reroll alts to wait on a company to give me what I should've been given in the first place.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok look, it's my choice as to which pace I choose to level. When you pay my sub fee, then maybe you can give me advice. Until then, I suggest you stop trying to be hopelessly optimistic and accept the fact that this is just wrong of Cryptic to do to us. I rescheduled my entire month to play the weekend of STO release and I had a blast doing it. So what if I made it to admiral fast? It's an MMO! Last I checked most MMOs don't even START till you max level. Get off your high horses. You wanna level slow, fine, but these games aren't meant to just be a leveling fest. They're meant to be played for a LONG time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sounds like someone's never rushed to the max level in an MMO or heard from others who did. Because this is nothing out of the ordinary.

Most of the initial development of any MMO is spent getting the beginning to about mid-way done and polished for release. Getting the basic code and mechanics laid out, laying the foundation of the whole game. The first few months are then spent ironing out the bugs and issues with the game as it is before they move on to more content.

More than likely they have already mapped out end game content, they've probably been developing it for months now and have some very clear ideas set for it.

It isn't there now for a number of reasons like the costs of developing all that, the amount of time it takes to build and test all of it, and the aforementioned fact that they are focusing on getting the fundamentals of the game smoothed out instead of piling on the content only to have to go back and make major changes that have severe unforeseen effects on it down the road that end up forcing them to go back to the drawing board.

So quit whining about the missing content. The game has been out literally a week. I'd wager you didn't even pay attention to what content WAS there anyway as you just rushed through everything to Admiral.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh thats why you sometimes hear chineese guys dropping dead after playing 48 hours non stop, now I know how that gets this far :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok look, it's my choice as to which pace I choose to level. When you pay my sub fee, then maybe you can give me advice. Until then, I suggest you stop trying to be forum posers and accept the fact that this is just wrong of Cryptic to do to us. I rescheduled my entire month to play the weekend of STO release and I had a blast doing it. So what if I made it to admiral fast? It's an MMO! Last I checked most MMOs don't even START till you max level. Get off your high horses. You wanna level slow, fine, but these games aren't meant to just be a leveling fest. They're meant to be played for a LONG time.

This man speaks the truth.

Levelling sucks, it's an annoyance to be done with so one can start the real game, the end game content.

---

On a sidenote - I KNEW why I didn't pay for a lifetime subscription. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hyoryn wrote: »
    its your own fault for rushing so fast. The Devs stated that they will bring Endgame Content 2 weeks after launch.

It isn't a matter of rushing.

He might have played more per day than is healthy, but, hey, for all you know he's on vacation for a week, no biggie.

It doesn't take long to level, especially if you got the learning curve out of the way in Beta. And that is leveling while doing things, running all the episodes, doing the fleet actions, and so on, not cheesy leveling by abusing DSEs.

That said, given the lack of content on the way to 45, no tier 3+ fleet actions, and so on, one shouldn't be surprised that there is nothing to do at 45.

So might as well make another character, experiment, and go out of your way not to level efficiently.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok look, it's my choice as to which pace I choose to level. When you pay my sub fee, then maybe you can give me advice. Until then, I suggest you stop trying to be forum posers and accept the fact that this is just wrong of Cryptic to do to us. I rescheduled my entire month to play the weekend of STO release and I had a blast doing it. So what if I made it to admiral fast? It's an MMO! Last I checked most MMOs don't even START till you max level. Get off your high horses. You wanna level slow, fine, but these games aren't meant to just be a leveling fest. They're meant to be played for a LONG time.
    Most MMOs start at 1.

It is called "endgame" for a reason.

Most of the content in many MMOs takes place over the course of your leveling. Endgame content is NEVER fleshed out from the beginning.

Do you think all the raids and TRIBBLE available for you in WoW was there at launch? Lemme tell ya, it absolutely was not.
    It took them YEARS to get all the content they have available for level-capped players now.