test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

An Admiral Speaks: No Endgame Content.... At All (Spoiler Alert)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    theCorvus wrote:
    "Raid loot is being worked on and temporary loot has been placed in raid encounters"

Raiding in WoW didn't work "correctly" for months after release. And good luck getting 40 60's in pre-raid gear a few days after release.

STO doesn't work correctly for a lot of stuff.. Lets not get into bugs..

There were plenty of 60 5 men, or you could STILL 10 men them. 5 man restriction was introduced a lot later.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its the new generation of MMo,s gamers get want they want and now they are complaining that it is boring.
    Remember SWG. Oh boy alot of complainings that it was to hard. So they changed it with the awfull NGE. When i see that all new MMo,s comming up don,t have any decent crafting system then this is what you got and you should not complain. I give up on MMo´s and can live with the scene as it is. Why? because i still can RPing with friends and have alot of fun after a hard day of RL.
    The same with the balancing crying. When peesp can,t win they start crying for nerfs and buffs.
    The gamingworld is changing(thanks to the crappy consoles) . Thats what is wrong today. Look at Mass Effect 2 alot of peeps play it in just 24 hours. They don,t even care about side missions.
    There is another MMo out Fallen Earth. Well thats a sandbox game and has a decent crafting system but guess what?alot of peeps complaining that its to hard so they don,t like it and scream to make it alot easyer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sure some of you will want to say "well you hit Admiral too fast"

well you hit Admiral too fast
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    theCorvus wrote:
    "Raid loot is being worked on and temporary loot has been placed in raid encounters"

Raiding in WoW didn't work "correctly" for months after release. And good luck getting 40 60's in pre-raid gear a few days after release.

That's not the point though. If Cryptic knew that you could get to max level less than a week after release, they should have had something in place. But retention was never their goal. Just the quick influx from people buying the diffrent pre order perks and the lifers. At least in Champions they tried to slow leveling down.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Guess you missed the part about being a sheep. The point is there is NO endgame at ALL. So even if I took, say, a month to level.. then what? Wait? Endgame content is a hard lesson many devs have learned and here we go again...

In a month there may be content.

While I see why you are complaining, and yes, it sucks. Go play the other side. They dont even have content to start with. You get To do the same thing for all 45 levels, the Feds got it easy.

I know the people all talking about rushing are annoying, but sadly they are correct, unless you are "stuck" in your house you may want to visit a friend, sleep, eat, shower, do something fun that isnt at a computer, help a parent (this one is good for ages 7-50, your parents will be happy even if they work is just busy work so you can talk a bit).

Any game has to be designed for the most common player (hint, its not you, no offence ment) and most wont be seeing level 45 for quite some time, and most likley there will be content. ANY GAME can be done in short periods of time with the right player. WOW has a video out (without cheating) of a guy who played 1-80 in 24 hours, he had help yes, but he did it. You cant plan a game on the 10% people who will do this on release, you plan it on the 90% who wont.

the simple facts are all based on economics, if we like that or not is not the issue. Cryptic is making games to make money, the game may or may not have been rushed out the door (but from past games, I am sure it was). Nobody wants to hear it, but untill we quit paying for half finished buggy no content games they will keep making them (and no I'm not saying STO is any of those...well it is a bit buggy yet).

I hate to say it OP but the "you rushed" people are correct. Reguardless , you did, its a fact, and if that is the way you play games, nothing wrong with it. But as some have stated, no games released recently (MMO) have had any endgame content to speak of at release. MMO games are built as time goes on, they are never finished and if they last , stuff is added all the time. Your play style may not be suited to this type of game (especialy on release). Or you may just want to wait till this type of game is out a year or so, then you can tear through the content and feel satisified, but at your speed, you may want to try EQ (the original) its not pretty but i think you will have content for 3-6 months at your rate of speed.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To the folks that aren't gonna drudge through the entire thread, OP maxed out his level, and is disappointed by not having any repeatable endgame content at all. Now all Lt. Commanders are bashing him because they are still loving their t1 ship and proudly sporting their subscription details(this has to be a fairly new thing??).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Im nearly 45 and this is what im going to do.

1. Complete Exploration 5 missions in Zenas, so that I can fit out my ship in the green / blue M IX gear.
    2. Go back and complete bugged quests which I couldnt complete.
    3. PvP for the PvP items (Havn't actualyl cheked there are any )
    4. Boost my Real Life mates / Fleet, also includes griefing the low levels in raids so i can kit them out as well sorry :P
    5. Roll klingon level through pvp
    6. go back to casual player and return to the real world.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Leggy wrote: »

1. Complete Exploration 5 missions in Zenas, so that I can fit out my ship in the green / blue M IX gear.
    4. Boost my Real Life mates / Fleet, also includes griefing the low levels in raids so i can kit them out as well sorry :P
    Gratz on being able to craft your own goals... ;)

• Options
    edited February 2010
    what a ****ing idiot go play single player game like ME 2 or boishock 2
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    clok1966 wrote: »
    In a month there may be content.

I know the people all talking about rushing are annoying, but sadly they are correct, unless you are "stuck" in your house you may want to visit a friend, sleep, eat, shower, do something fun that isnt at a computer, help a parent (this one is good for ages 7-50, your parents will be happy even if they work is just busy work so you can talk a bit).

Ironically I WAS stuck at my house the whole weekend of STO launch. Oklahoma got slammed by a snowstorm and it was really the only reason I played so much :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Helps to read the front page now and then. Lot of people probably don't though.
    http://www.startrekonline.com/upcoming_content
  • Options
    edited February 2010

A voice of reason! *golfclap*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    5. Roll klingon level through pvp.

Respect, you are a true power gamer, anybody who can do the same mission from 1-50 on the klingons side is more impressive to me then somebody who can get to max level in a few days.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    first off....big gratz to the OP..quite an achievement, but not one i wasnt surprised to hear even this early in the games life.
    i think the main prob here isnt that the OP got this high this fast, its the fact that Cryptic have completely underestimated the modern MMO gamer.i saw that they were surprised at the length that a lot of ppl played in beta or how high lvl they got....im not, this now is par for the course for mmos,and before you say that min/max gamers are a minority..we are not.

we are the reason that wow is so popular and sucessful. dont believe me?..whats the major content blizzard release?lvling quests and fun areas?..nope its endgame pure and simple and even blizzard have had to cave to this type of gamer by having new dungeon content released a bit at a time so guilds and players dont blast thro it so fast!!!
    plus..go look at the majority of the websites supporting wow, do they give support for lvling or RP?..nope..its endgame.

im not saying that a mmo should just be about endgame, my wife plays wow, but doesnt raid , just doing 5 man HC's with her mates and she has a blast, where im a min/max raider and im certainly not a minority of the gaming population,just check out some of the websites supporting wow. they all are about ENDGAME.

ive just seen this

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=1625

this contains a interview with one of the devs...and he talks about 5 man "raid-e-sodes" being released in a couple of weeks.5 man? is he serious? for a lot of mmo gamers, this just wont cut it..im sorry but it doesnt. to a mmo gamer a raid is 10, 15 or 25 man raids , not some 5 man hc wannabe (which he even uses as reference..lol:P)

Cryptic really really need to pick the ball up on this NOW cos this issue in its self will kill this game dead. not lag or klingon inbalance or cruiser turn rates, but the quality of the endgame content.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Guess you missed the part about being a sheep. The point is there is NO endgame at ALL. So even if I took, say, a month to level.. then what? Wait? Endgame content is a hard lesson many devs have learned and here we go again...

ummm duh

Kind of knew that was the case for a long time ;)

Theres always one...

Hero Cookie? :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bos22 wrote:
    WoW had 2.. True. MC and Onyxia.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.1 - Version 1.1 is THE RELEASE of WoW

Yes HAHAHAHAHAHA

Zones

* Scholomance, a level 57-60 instanced dungeon in Western Plaguelands is now open.

* Ashenvale has gotten a facelift to include more points of interest, and significant changes were made to make it easier to navigate.

* Ragefire Chasm, a low level instance dungeon in Orgrimmar, is now available.

* Deadmines: The Miners in the Deadmines are no longer elite monsters.

* Blackfathom Deeps has been moved to the Zoram Strand in Ashenvale forest near the border of Darkshore.

* More quests have been added for Eastern and Western Plaguelands.

ur an idiot my friend....raids were not accessible:

FROM OFFICIAL wow:

Rumors of Onyxia, an enormous black dragon, have been heard through out Azeroth. Be sure to bring many brave warriors for she won't take kindly to intruders in her lair. Both factions will need to complete unique, and challenging quests to gain access to the Onyxia encounter. **During the beta testing there will be a temporary placeholder vendor who sells keys to Onyxia's lair for testing purposes.

**Raid loot is being worked on and temporary loot has been placed in raid encounters

NONE of this was accessible at launch so yes..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHA
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    first grats for making admiral, but dam a week you must not have a life outside the game, now you gotta wait oh well congrats again.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    karmacanic wrote:
    first off....big gratz to the OP..quite an achievement, but not one i wasnt surprised to hear even this early in the games life.
    i think the main prob here isnt that the OP got this high this fast, its the fact that Cryptic have completely underestimated the modern MMO gamer.i saw that they were surprised at the length that a lot of ppl played in beta or how high lvl they got....im not, this now is par for the course for mmos,and before you say that min/max gamers are a minority..we are not.

we are the reason that wow is so popular and sucessful. dont believe me?..whats the major content blizzard release?lvling quests and fun areas?..nope its endgame pure and simple and even blizzard have had to cave to this type of gamer by having new dungeon content released a bit at a time so guilds and players dont blast thro it so fast!!!
    plus..go look at the majority of the websites supporting wow, do they give support for lvling or RP?..nope..its endgame.

im not saying that a mmo should just be about endgame, my wife plays wow, but doesnt raid , just doing 5 man HC's with her mates and she has a blast, where im a min/max raider and im certainly not a minority of the gaming population,just check out some of the websites supporting wow. they all are about ENDGAME.

ive just seen this

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=1625

this contains a interview with one of the devs...and he talks about 5 man "raid-e-sodes" being released in a couple of weeks.5 man? is he serious? for a lot of mmo gamers, this just wont cut it..im sorry but it doesnt. to a mmo gamer a raid is 10, 15 or 25 man raids , not some 5 man hc wannabe (which he even uses as reference..lol:P)

Cryptic really really need to pick the ball up on this NOW cos this issue in its self will kill this game dead. not lag or klingon inbalance or cruiser turn rates, but the quality of the endgame content.

^ THIS

I couldn't agree more about them underestimating gamers and how some choose to level up for various reasons. With guilds competing with one another it's sometimes vital to be among the first to get info.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Snip..

Any MMO player that rushes to the top to be uber must be new. Everyone knows high end content is scarce - none shortly after release.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shame on Cryptic for not having all the content done. (no sarcasm, I'm serious)

Having said that, the OP is either an idiot, or didn't beta test. We all knew this was the case.

It was stated in an interview that the game only had 80 hours of content to Admiral. You rushed through it, and now you verify this is true, and your upset? Not very realistic.

The game is a business. They are going to aim their resources at the 90% of the population that are Lt. Cmdr right now, not the 0.01% that are Admiral. Sad but true.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So even if I took, say, a month to level.. then what? Wait?

...and what if there's end game content in a month? Then maybe it was worth the wait. I agree that it's your perogative [spelin?] to rush or boggart the game at launch, but seriously you shouldn't complain. Roll a new toon, max out your cash, play a klingon...anything. The content will come.

As for me, I'm a casual gamer when it comes to these MMO's, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it as it comes. Slow and steady...and all that :)

LLAP:)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Look here. The stuff you're looking for now will be coming very soon.

Congrats on reaching Admiral!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    FFS. Is it really that hard to look on the main page?

http://www.startrekonline.com/upcoming_content

Shows clearly that end-game content will arrive very soon, starting a week after release.

Search and main site is your friend. If you used it, you could have avoided this thread, and saved you some time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StormShade wrote:

*whips out tricorder and scans*

hmm I am detecting residual Sarcasm particles :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shame on Cryptic for not having all the content done. (no sarcasm, I'm serious)

Having said that, the OP is either an idiot, or didn't beta test. We all knew this was the case.

It was stated in an interview that the game only had 80 hours of content to Admiral. You rushed through it, and now you verify this is true, and your upset? Not very realistic.

The game is a business. They are going to aim their resources at the 90% of the population that are Lt. Cmdr right now, not the 0.01% that are Admiral. Sad but true.

Well I'd love to say I'm not an idiot but who would believe me? (j/k). But I did beta test and was among the testers who were praying for major fixes and updates for launch. Until the week before launch they were promising all kinds of stuff for release. Then I guess with all the stability issues and what not they pushed some of it back. That's fine. No complaint here.

All I'm saying is that there are a lot of people hot on the trail of being admiral. I remember being in Cardassian Space and seeing TONS of captains in the /who tab a couple days ago. I may have been one of the first (I guess), but I won't be alone for long. And again, I know it's unfair to assume that I am the majority and should be catered to, but there are a LOT of hardcore gamers out there that are migrating here and it won't be long before Cryptic has to work overtime to keep them happy with content. 5 mans just wont cut it for long.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Congratulations on your rush to admiral.

You know but cryptic said... end game content comes in 45 days after launch... :) "state of the game"

Let this be a lesson for you to dont rush games.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sorry to hear you rushed to it. *shrug*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StormShade wrote:

Yeah I saw that Stormshade. Really stoked to see it. I wasn't aware that it was coming so soon, so my mistake there. There's still some stuff to work on but with Memory Alpha working now and the update coming ASAP I really have turned my views around on some of the subject matter since posting this. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to try it all out then get flamed for doing it too fast (j/k).

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seriously dude, get a job. No way you leveled that fast with a full-time job. Maybe that'll make you appreciate the amount of work that goes into these games, too.
    Play Assassin's Creed 2, or something. There are PLENTY of games out there and besides the last time I checked there is no such thing as an infinite game.

Waaahh... there is NO Endgame content in God of War 2 AT ALL!!! I killed Zeus and that was it. WAAAHH

And let's face it, once they introduce the Cardassians and Romulans there will be awesome.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Another lesson is don't underestimate your player base and put out enough content to last only a week.

Noooo... the lesson is: Don't cater to power grinders who have nothing to do except grind and QQ on forums.

;)

In all seriousness though, have you never been in a game at launch before? That's rhetorical by the way. Either you have never actually launched an MMO before, or if you have, this post is the same post you make with every game you launch.

I've yet to see Endgame fully implemented *at launch* in ANY MMO I've played or even read about.

So... yeah. I'm trying reeeely hard to feel sorry for the power grinders, but... nope, not happening.