Install Arc

stuck on "Retrieving list of characters..."

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ruh roh Rhaggy, it's back!
    edited January 2010
    yep wont retrieve list, and thats after it crashed and after I tried to beam up from Pjem and instead was moving around on the ground invisible.
    edited January 2010
    Junois wrote:
    same here.

8pm EST

It happens almost every time i come out of starbase 24 from the rescue mission.

Timed out in the Starbase 24 mission. When trying to log back in, I get the OP error.
    edited January 2010
    The tribbles have once again eaten all the server ram!!
    edited January 2010
    unhappy moments
    edited January 2010
    OH yeah back and with a vengeance!!! EPIC FAIL CRYPTIC!
    edited January 2010
    yep.. stuck 2..
    edited January 2010
    Seriously, WHAT THE BLAZES? Either server crashes or I am kicked out or this... its getting on my nerves for real now.
    edited January 2010
    Also stuck. Seems like there's two answers to this. Is it that my game's bugged and I should repair - or is it the server and I just wait it out?
    edited January 2010
    I got disconnected in the middle of a mission and can't get back in because it has to retrieve my one character for 15+ minutes.
    edited January 2010
    me too, tried to get back in many times so far but always stuck on 'retrieve list characters' screen
    edited January 2010
    Me too, stuck on "Retrieving List Of Characters". It would be nice and make more sense if there was a "CANCEL" button at this screen instead of having to alt+cntrl+del to get out of program.
    edited January 2010
    I'm having this same issue - stuck on "Retrieving list of characters...". It booted me out of a mission and now I'm stuck on this screen.
    edited January 2010
    Me too......cant get in...stuck on retrieving.......
    edited January 2010
    Since there were 5 messages between my typing and submitting, I'm going with the server being borked. Two days till proper live!
    edited January 2010
    maybe we need a server new start:(
    edited January 2010
    If I created a buggy project like this at my job I'd be strung up. What is up with you guys???? LAME!!! :mad:
    edited January 2010
    Server on the ground, server on the ground, Looking like a fool with your server on the ground.
    edited January 2010
    I feel like Flick in "A Christmas Story" with my proverbial tounge stuck on the frozen post waiting for my characters to show up.
    edited January 2010
    Let's hope they fix it before finale release.
    edited January 2010
    Just got the the end of 1 part in a patrol the Orion Sector and I get disconnected. Now I'm stuck at the loading characters screen. Waited 10 mins for it to time out so I could close out of the program. Had to go into task manager to kill the program. It's like it was locked up even though task manager showed the program was running. Launching the program does show the server is UP but still can't get past the Loading Characters screen.

All this about 20 mins ago.

If there are this many issues with the servers and it's just the people that have pre-ordered and/or were doing the beta.... Anyone care to guess what's going to happen on the Official release in a few days? :eek:

If need be, I can provide gaming server sites Cryptic may be able to contract the use of servers/bandwidth until they can figure out who dropped the ball on ordering the servers and calculating the bandwidth.
    edited January 2010
    I'm having the same problem...20 minutes now I think.
    edited January 2010
    yeh i cant get in either.. dad wants me to drag some tree cut off to side of the road for the collection tomorrow i guess i might aswell got nothing else to do.. :mad:
    edited January 2010
    I want play. :mad:
    edited January 2010
    can they afford more servers?
    edited January 2010
    Login and authentication appear to be fine its the account database that appears to be down.

This is just me randomly pinging stuff from netstat and seeing what comes up dead and what doesn't.
    edited January 2010
    I got the same message :/, really annoying because now i have to goto bed lol, and yea a cancel button would be nice:)
    edited January 2010
    yep same here stuck was kicked from servor right in the middel of a battle to this is realy getting to much
    edited January 2010
    same problem here cant get pass the Retrieving list of characters screen :mad:
    edited January 2010
    Having this problem also, When I was in the game, I was desperately trying to finish the starbase 24 rescue mission all the while fighting horrible lag and rubberbanding. Now it seem i am stuck there.