test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unexpected Downtime (January 30, 2010)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    sigh, not again! Mite cancel my order before its dispatched. i get limited time to play as it is. :mad:
    edited January 2010
    jeeze big deal servers down for a little. what are you all hooked on heroin or something, think you wont get your fix again?
    edited January 2010
    People we are Betatesters))) Don*t Forget this)))
    edited January 2010
    Hurry up guys! I mean that in a good way lol its 4pm where im at =(
    edited January 2010
    Xedus_ wrote:
    I wonder if this crash is related to the long load times between missions in the hours before it went down.

Thats a decent bet. I was using that time to nuke some pizza tho. Make the best of things and what not.
    edited January 2010
    Indeed, I've been virtually having no issue since patching at 1am GMT - it's now 8.30pm GMT, so it stayed on for 7 hours straight, which ain't bad at all for being just out of beta. I remember Eve and wow at the beginning, dear god... - people really don't know how lucky they are with that game :D

I've experienced numerous crashes, mainly in ground missions on space stations 24 and 114 (or whatever it is).

But keep up the great work guys, you have an outstanding MMO. I'm reviewing it on GamingRing.com as we speak and gave it huge high marks on our podcast last night.

Stan
    edited January 2010
    TallBear wrote:
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop... And a big congrats on this being the first major crash since release. I've yet to see any mmo's servers last this long after a launch. I had expected about 10 crashes since Friday. Keep up the good work

Um. This isn't release.. this is Head Start.. Or Release Candidate.

Release date or Official Live isn't until Feb. 2, 2010.

Just for clarification.
    edited January 2010
    Hokk wrote:

umm no were not beta is over headstart is technically live
    edited January 2010
    Milton must have tripped over the power cord to the server when he walked past the windows to see the squirrels playing merrily on his way to the lunch room.
    edited January 2010
    Throw money at it, Cryptic.

Hire more (or better) people, get more equipment, do whatever you have to do.

You will end up losing money anyway if you don't.

I was going to do the lifetime, but....now not so sure. Think I'll play it by ear...
    edited January 2010
    Just sat down to create my character and get this party started............:(
    edited January 2010
    7o9 wrote:
    lol all who say thx for info ... are u blind ... every old man with only one eye can see that the server is down ... bring them up, beta is over and do your job now

Some companies don't even post anything, they said they'll keep us updated so what else do you want? Go outside, it's not the end of the world.
    edited January 2010
    Oh well, time to play some more Mass Effect 2.
    edited January 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »
    Unexpected. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    When it is expected, they call it scheduled. Anyways, the game is very young. What i've seen in beta, patches where quick.
    edited January 2010
    Hokk wrote:

Beta test ended during the week, this is early start RELEASE.
    edited January 2010
    outblader wrote: »
    I wish somebody would cough up the funds to get them what they need to make it work

Myself and all the others that chipped in for the lifetime sub already have. Now they need to "Git r done" so to speak.
    edited January 2010
    Currently, the Star Trek Online Server is down. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to bring the server back online as soon as possible.

And May The Force Be With You.
    edited January 2010
    I think this is as good as we can expect, considering that this particular company has a history of much worse on launch.

This game was FAR from ready for release. Many people, including myself, told them that several times.

One day a company will come along that knows how to launch a MMO and do it right. I really can't wait till that happens... and I wish that the name "star trek" would have had a bit of weight to it, instead of being "just another MMO with a hard deadline".

Frosty
    edited January 2010
    Daireishi wrote:
    I hear it's a good idea to use more than one server nowadays.

I hear having a brain is a good thing now a days. There isn't one single server noob, its a cluster that acts as one server. Google is your friend.
    edited January 2010
    Unexpected. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Inconceivable!!
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the update...very excited about getting back in and blowing up some more Klingons.
    edited January 2010
    vince081 wrote: »
    I gave my $240 towards fixing the problem :)

More like $300 with the pre-order eh?
    edited January 2010
    Good thing there's 2 more months of beta to work these bugs out.
    That and it's a Saturday and everyone's at work instead of trying to play.
    edited January 2010
    umm there is just one thing. unless my time is out of whack we have about 35 minutes until scheduled downtime. With tihe time it takes to get the server up, woudn't it have made more sense to keep it down and once the problem resoved begin the maintanence. Im not flaiming or having a go. I am just asking would that not be the smarter choice...unless i havethe time wrong im in the uk
    edited January 2010
    Beliel wrote: »
    Soy you pay 15 dollars a month to support good intentions? ;)

for 2.8 cents per hourI think I can handle teh downtime so that when teh server is up things run well.
    edited January 2010
    Clearly this is Blizzards fault....they noticed all the missing WOW players here.....:D
    edited January 2010
    I suppose now I'll just have to do that homework I was neglecting.

Khaaaaan! Khaaaaan!
    edited January 2010
    Hey, they're getting better at acknowledging issues as they pop up. Thanks for the update.
    Oh well, time to play some more Mass Effect 2.
    My thoughts exactly. :o
    edited January 2010
    khamseen wrote: »
    The people who are constantly whining that the server has crashed and it's preventing them playing really need to start pressing the power button once in a while and backing away from the PC.

MMO's are notorious for having server down time, we've only just entered head start yesterday, stop moaning and start being grateful for the time and work they are putting in.

Indeed.

Braedan Tangari
    Commanding U.S.S. Copernicus
    edited January 2010
    SKurj wrote:
    Head start is free

It is, but these downtimes will continue to happen when it's live.

That's what happens with MMO's, I wonder if any of the complainers have played MMO's before, I clearly remember WoW's first month was plagued with unplayability.
This discussion has been closed.