test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unexpected Downtime (January 30, 2010)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Currently, the Star Trek Online Server is down. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to bring the server back online as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on this page for updates, and notification when Star Trek Online is available again. Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team

The Star Trek Online Team

Thanks for keeping in touch with us. I'm sure the naysayers will begin ravenously tearing you apart momentarily. Still, please know we appreciate your constant contact. It means a lot. Good luck gents.
    edited January 2010
    My timing sucks. I just came back online and wanted to log in for another game-session ...
    edited January 2010
    If he gave an ETA of let say 2 hours.
    In 2 hours if the servers are still not up then this thread will be filled to the brim with hate.

I think it will be 2 hours. So see you in the game at 2pm
    edited January 2010
    SpiritOne wrote: »
    He gave an ETA, ASAP ;)

and any actual time area he gave us would be useless without a Standard VT translator chart, since VT is now the industry standard for all MMO's and Game servers :)

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time
    edited January 2010
    Wow. I just quit, for lunch, not twenty minutes before the server went down. I noticed some instability, particularly trying to get into the Kinjer (I think) system. Is this related?
    edited January 2010
    arrr... ok, it's 9:25 pm here, time to go to the couch...

have a nice evening or day... or whatever ;)
    edited January 2010
    Love the game, completely addicted, played allday yesterday, love you Cryptic thanks :D

I'm in withdrawl, is it obvious? lol
    edited January 2010
    RichyYoung wrote: »
    ETA ? and how bout some info on why its offline ? upgrades ? crash ? keep us informed!

Communication is not their strong point.
    edited January 2010
    I wish somebody would cough up the funds to get them what they need to make it work
    edited January 2010
    lunch time :)
    edited January 2010
    Hey I'd rather get the bugs out now. Besides, its not their fault, its the BORG!!!! :)))
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the info...
    edited January 2010
    Currently, the Star Trek Online Server is down. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to bring the server back online as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on this page for updates, and notification when Star Trek Online is available again. Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team

The Star Trek Online Team

Thanks for keeping us in the loop... And a big congrats on this being the first major crash since release. I've yet to see any mmo's servers last this long after a launch. I had expected about 10 crashes since Friday. Keep up the good work
    edited January 2010
    I played all day yesterday (almost), and all morning today. This is the first major crash since headstart, well, started. I'm impressed, to say the least. Keep up the good work dev's, I can't wait to get back in.

Now.....lunch. lol.
    edited January 2010
    darn, right in the middle of my borg klingon creation! hmmm :(
    edited January 2010
    Well, that message was up faster then most in the Beta run...

Hope you get things fixed quickly. I'll use the break to grab some grub, and do some chores, but an ETA would be nice....

Oh! You need to fix the message on the Customer Support Page. It says something about the Scheduled Maint work you did this morning, not the current issue.
    edited January 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »
    Unexpected. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

It's just one of those words.
    Like consensual.
    edited January 2010
    I was having such a good time that i almost cancelled my table top game for the night.. then the unexpected downtime. Now i have a decision. Wait till server comes back up or go DM the table top
    edited January 2010
    Time to hate on Cryptic now. Unexpected downtime at EXACTLY 12:00pm PST! Hmmmm.... What time is it in India?
    edited January 2010
    thanks for the info. Hopefully a short one
    edited January 2010
    buy more servers plz.
    edited January 2010
    lol all who say thx for info ... are u blind ... every old man with only one eye can see that the server is down ... bring them up, beta is over and do your job now
    edited January 2010
    grrr I was minutes away from LCDR...oh well time to be sociable
    edited January 2010
    Have to say, enjoying it so far and flying towards Leiftenant X again... and a new ship! It's been very smooth so far but best to get all those glitches sorted out before commercial launch on Monday.

It did take rather a long time to launch the system quests just before the crash there. Certainly looked a bit like a load issue! :)

Cheers.
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the info.
    The unexpected DT's are getting very annoying very fast though.
    After beta one can expect a proper working game or was the beta a 'beta beta' and is the headstart the beta?
    Feels like the gamer is not allowed to expect a proper working game anymore and should find it 'normal' that beta testing continues to take place during the first weeks and that daily patching is the standard.

I find 24/24h playability (except scheduled DT) a normal thing for a paying game.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but if you pay you should be able to play.
    edited January 2010
    TallBear wrote:
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop... And a big congrats on this being the first major crash since release. I've yet to see any mmo's servers last this long after a launch. I had expected about 10 crashes since Friday. Keep up the good work
    Heh, this is not the launch yet... wait till just after its fully launched ;)
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the update!

Just FYI for me the www.startrekonline.com/support page is showing the scheduled maintenance message from this morning and not the current unscheduled downtime message.
    edited January 2010
    ok server side message says scheduled maintenance from 3am to 5am on the 30th. i'm guessing this isn't the scheduled maintenance. since i didn't see any kind of message from admin in game stating the servers were going to be coming down. i'm guessing power outage or server crash but it's hard to say.
    edited January 2010
    CPLWeeks wrote: »
    Thanks for keeping in touch with us. I'm sure the naysayers will begin ravenously tearing you apart momentarily. Still, please know we appreciate your constant contact. It means a lot. Good luck gents.

you might wanna wipe that **** off your nose. They are notoriously bad about keeping us informed.
    edited January 2010
    Mordaki987 wrote: »
    ok server side message says scheduled maintenance from 3am to 5am on the 30th. i'm guessing this isn't the scheduled maintenance. since i didn't see any kind of message from admin in game stating the servers were going to be coming down. i'm guessing power outage or server crash but it's hard to say.

Yeah they copy and pasted from the wrong thread.
This discussion has been closed.