test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unexpected Downtime (January 30, 2010)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    TallBear wrote:
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop... And a big congrats on this being the first major crash since release. I've yet to see any mmo's servers last this long after a launch. I had expected about 10 crashes since Friday. Keep up the good work

Indeed, I've been virtually having no issue since patching at 1am GMT - it's now 8.30pm GMT, so it stayed on for 7 hours straight, which ain't bad at all for being just out of beta. I remember Eve and wow at the beginning, dear god... - people really don't know how lucky they are with that game :D
    edited January 2010
    ya, coffee refill time anyhow. :)
    edited January 2010
    Time for a beer!
    Cu all tomorrow :)
    edited January 2010
    Well, maybe this kind of thing is to be expected during Head Start.... Oh well... wanted to get my character back where I was in Beta and beyond ASAP.
    edited January 2010
    Hey I'd rather get the bugs out now. Besides, its not their fault, its the BORG!!!! :)))

They should have gotten these bugs worked out already. They had development time, closed beta, and open beta.

Having the game crash repeatdly right at the start is NOT a good sign.

They are likely to get really bad reviews.
    edited January 2010
    Ah, so it wasn't just me then!

Well, time to go put the kettle on. ;)
    edited January 2010
    I gotta say this is getting REAL OLD real fast. Beta had "unexpected" down times at least once a day. Ok fine its a beta but this is live and we are still getting a minimum of 2 down times a day? Seriously WTF. I don't believe this game is ready for live.
    edited January 2010
    well, this will make my girlfriend happy.
    edited January 2010
    Glad to see some info out right away, and thoroughly enjoying the game so far. Keep the servers up and we will all be happy campers
    edited January 2010
    I wonder if this crash is related to the long load times between missions in the hours before it went down.
    edited January 2010
    TallBear wrote:
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop... And a big congrats on this being the first major crash since release. I've yet to see any mmo's servers last this long after a launch. I had expected about 10 crashes since Friday. Keep up the good work

Apart from the constant lagg, failures on headstart launch day, and crashes expected in a Alpha release!

Good job you dont make cars or software for airplanes
    edited January 2010
    KNI. wrote:
    Well it was definately unexped for us (players :)

If you were in Open Beta "unexpected" downtime happened almost every day at 3PM and 9PM Eastern time :)

You definitely "expected" the "unexpected".

I'd hoped they'd fixed this by now. This is going to go badly for the game come Tuesday if it continues. As of Headstart, we are no longer beta testers but paying customers.
    edited January 2010
    yogibara wrote: »
    Time to hate on Cryptic now. Unexpected downtime at EXACTLY 12:00pm PST! Hmmmm.... What time is it in India?

2 am so server went down at 1:30 am Mumbai time.
    edited January 2010
    Currently, the Star Trek Online Server is down. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to bring the server back online as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on this page for updates, and notification when Star Trek Online is available again. Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team

The Star Trek Online Team

You mean Startrek Offline. lol. Thank mate.:(
    edited January 2010
    TallBear wrote:

This isn't launch. This should be a population even smaller than Open Beta was.
    Measure their no-crash success starting at 10am on Tuesday 2/2/10 when the unwashed masses hit the servers.
    edited January 2010
    Khell wrote: »
    My timing sucks. I just came back online and wanted to log in for another game-session ...

Yeah that was me too, fingers crossed for a quick turnaround.
    edited January 2010
    outblader wrote: »
    I wish somebody would cough up the funds to get them what they need to make it work

I don't think it's funds that's the problem, it's just bugs in the engine, they'll get sorted.
    edited January 2010
    sernimble wrote: »
    Would you please consider locking the Dev information only posts? Leaving them open for non relevent replies makes finding current information more difficult.

Just a thought. Thanks for your time.

/Agree

or just make a locks server status thread. Wading through posts is a real pain. Thanks
    edited January 2010
    TallBear wrote:

wrong it crashed at 1:00 pm cst for ten minutes then it crashed this time at 2:00 pm cst
    edited January 2010
    The people who are constantly whining that the server has crashed and it's preventing them playing really need to start pressing the power button once in a while and backing away from the PC.

MMO's are notorious for having server down time, we've only just entered head start yesterday, stop moaning and start being grateful for the time and work they are putting in.
    edited January 2010
    Ehhh, the server was getting REALLY slow in transition from system to sector or to ground mish. You could see this coming. Wish I had finished that mission a few seconds earlier though...
    edited January 2010
    yogibara wrote: »
    Time to hate on Cryptic now. Unexpected downtime at EXACTLY 12:00pm PST! Hmmmm.... What time is it in India?

Saturday Evening 9.00 pm in germany, what a nice time for a server crash :D
    edited January 2010
    hey Cryptic, how about more transparency about whats going on ? I mean, unless you're running a server-farm that's based from the 1970's, your live diagnostic tools will tell you RIGHT NOW where/what failed, which gives you a good insight of approximately how long and such. It's not something we'll hold you liable for or any other legal hostage takings. But WHAT HAPPENED and HOW LONG (approximately) until everything is back up ?

cheers
    edited January 2010
    7o9 wrote:
    lol all who say thx for info ... are u blind ... every old man with only one eye can see that the server is down ... bring them up, beta is over and do your job now

You're an idiot
    edited January 2010
    Currently, the Star Trek Online Server is down.

I hear it's a good idea to use more than one server nowadays.
    edited January 2010
    outblader wrote: »
    I wish somebody would cough up the funds to get them what they need to make it work

I gave my $240 towards fixing the problem :)
    edited January 2010
    What's next for STO? How about a mass exodus of disgruntled players? I paid for a year but, as much as I enjoy the game, I'm starting to feel kinda dumb. At least I don't have a "lifetime" of stupidity to regret. This "shard" configuration seems woefully inadequate to deal with the size of the player population we're seeing. Something needs to change . . . fast!
    edited January 2010
    this head start has been a lot better than others i have been in...

was expecting a lot more issues.
    edited January 2010
    Time for a break then I guess .... :)
    edited January 2010
    Beliel wrote: »
    Soy you pay 15 dollars a month to support good intentions? ;)

Head start is free
This discussion has been closed.