test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hehe, you're not the first, and probably won't be the last. :) We've just implemented a new feature in the application process which will make this clearer to new members... at least those who check their emails. :cool:

Yeah i know. Paying attention, I'm doing it wrong! :)
    edited July 2011
    The weekend is almost here. Let's get some serious STO time in... well, except for exchanging the furniture in two rooms, sawing up a tree that fell across the lower half of the driveway, attending a class reunion and my grandmother's 95th birthday celebration.
    edited July 2011
    Can't fill out the application! I sent a PM to someone who was currently on the forums, but didn't get a response before I got off, I'll just transcript the PM here!
    Hello,

I noticed you're the only staff member currently online, so forgive the random message. I registered on the forums in order to apply to get into the fleet. I can not post on the forums though due to not validating my email. For some reason I never got the validation email. I know it's not an error on my end(I've done webdesign for many years so my filters are correct). I'm wondering is if you could manually enable my posting rights or force send the activation email again. Or is the system just currently set to pending administration approval and the documentation hasn't been updated? Any help greatly appreciated.
    edited July 2011
    Hey Loyaltrekie,

Just so you know I have passed your message on to our engineering team. Recently we redid the application form so it might just be a small issue with that. I have passed it on and it should be dealt with in a timely matter :). Whats your name on the UFP Forums????

I look forward to your application and to seeing you around the forums and Teamspeak.

{UFP}Bondgadget76
    edited July 2011
    Hi Loyaltrekie,

You should have gotten an automated email upon registering that provided an activation link. I've manually approved your account so you should have access now.
    edited July 2011
    Hi Loyaltrekie,

You should have gotten an automated email upon registering that provided an activation link. I've manually approved your account so you should have access now.

Seems to be a database error when putting ins ome characters in the additional comments box.
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 've been an avid gamer and MMO'er for a great many years. :) I enjoy any content(' at line 1
    I've been an avid gamer and MMO'er for a great many years. :) I enjoy any content(pve, pvp, etc) and would love to get with a group of people who share the same ideals.

Was what was there when it processed the error.
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, we've recently implemented a new application system. However, it doesn't like quotation marks in the fields. I'll be working on remedying that this weekend.
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, we've recently implemented a new application system. However, it doesn't like quotation marks in the fields. I'll be working on remedying that this weekend.

No rest for the wicked!

G
    edited July 2011
    Pryde7 wrote:
    No rest for the wicked!

G

Indeed. My work is never done. ;)
    edited July 2011

Web development never is ;)
    edited July 2011
    Greetings from the VKF.
    edited July 2011

Wow.... Running the fleet AND putting out tech fires! Hope you at least find time to do a daily or something.
    edited July 2011
    Welcome to the fleet Loyaltrekie :)

Hey Phoenix_Lord, how's it going? I heard the inter-fleet event was a success, hopefully more to come :)
    edited July 2011
    Hello {UFP}!
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the bump Lazy!
    edited July 2011
    Hey guys good news from the STOked live feed, the Rode Island variant comes with a special console for Sci ships to create a Photonic Decoy and cloak your own ship to some degree, guess I mite get it even if it is a Tier 2 ship.
    edited July 2011
    (sets a barrel of Bajoran ale on a table) Evening UFP and a big whats up from the 12th Fleet.
    edited July 2011
    Hello Stone_Loki and hello {UFP}
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for stopping in, guys! And thanks for the Bajoran ale. ;)
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for stopping in, guys! And thanks for the Bajoran ale. ;)

Any time Sharpkiller and a nod to lazy and the 2nd.
    edited July 2011
    Hi Fleets 2 and 12 :D

G
    edited July 2011
    Our website and forums are now offline as part of the scheduled downtime. This includes TeamSpeak and all other services provided by the UFP. We expect to be back online early this morning in the UK.

Thanks for your patience!
    edited August 2011
    Apologies for our continued downtime, the move is taking a little longer than we initially expected and I am in contact with our host to ascertain the situation. If there are further developments, someone will be sure to update here.

In the mean time we have a temporary TS3 server up at: 188.165.218.36
    edited August 2011
    yeah I am having web site withdrawls lol
    edited August 2011
    As a quick update, our host is looking to resolve the situation now. The IP addresses we were given appear to have failed for some reason out of our control. When this issue is resolved we're hoping that will be the end of it, but bear in mind we may need to do some maintenance on our end too before normal service is resumed.

In the mean time we're redirecting ufplanets.com to a backup service which will let people know we're working on the current issues.

Thanks for your patience guys, hopefully this won't take too long.

You can now connect normally to ts.ufplanets.com which will direct you to our temporary TS3 server and will automatically transfer you to the main one, once it has been restored.
    edited August 2011
    <crawling along floor> mmuuusssttt.... hhhaavve..... wweebbssiitte.... <reaching out-then collapsing face down> :(
    edited August 2011
    Hathaway wrote: »
    As a quick update, our host is looking to resolve the situation now. The IP addresses we were given appear to have failed for some reason out of our control. When this issue is resolved we're hoping that will be the end of it, but bear in mind we may need to do some maintenance on our end too before normal service is resumed.

In the mean time we're redirecting ufplanets.com to a backup service which will let people know we're working on the current issues.

Thanks for your patience guys, hopefully this won't take too long.

You can now connect normally to ts.ufplanets.com which will direct you to our temporary TS3 server and will automatically transfer you to the main one, once it has been restored.

Being mostly a Systems guy I say blame it on the Network guys lol
    edited August 2011
    Totally out of our hands atm. :o
    edited August 2011
    OK.... I admit it. It's my fault. Now, can someone please tell me what exactly it is that's my fault?
    edited August 2011
    We've set up a news system on www.ufplanets.com. Keep an eye out there for updates.