Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The Pie is a Lie! (F.F.B)
    edited July 2011
    Lazy8521 wrote:
    The Pie is a Lie! (F.F.B)

Well, it wasn't a lie until I went back and ate all of it!
    edited July 2011
    :eek: Naughty naughty.
    edited July 2011
    Bondgadget will be hosting a Trivia Night tomorrow on TS for those who are interested. Should offer some good fun. :)
    edited July 2011
    Looking forward to the Triva, I should be well versed in any Engineering questions about any Enterprise thanks to a new book I got ;)
    edited July 2011
    Hoping not to be working late tonight!!

G x
    edited July 2011
    Friendly Fleet Bump
    edited July 2011
    OK, here's a little "Trivia Teaser" question to get you ready for tonight's big trivia event.

How did "Bones" (TOS) get his nickname? (Hint: The movie's version is not correct.)
    edited July 2011
    Well there is no definitive answer for that, but it mite come from the old term 'Saw Bones' of which 19th century American Surgeons were called due to the amount of amputations they did.

Memory Alpha ftw :p

Though I do prefer the 2009 Movie version, of which Karl Urban thought up himself during filming.
    edited July 2011
    Dang, Dodgers beat me to the answer. The answer he gave is correct it actually came from the American Civil War. The number of amputations alone during the Battle of Gettysburg was close to 8,000 total preformed on both sides.
    edited July 2011
    /wave

A tired G x
    edited July 2011
    Dodgers is correct and yes, the updated reason gives it a little comedic appeal. While I am a big fan of TOS and did not like all of their changes, it's a darn good movie and I am anxious for the next installment. I just hope they don't try to reinvent the wheel. The one they already had was in pretty good shape.
    edited July 2011
    Interesting little tidbit of info there :p
    edited July 2011
    I really enjoyed the trivia event today! Hope that continues.
    edited July 2011
    Friendly fleet bump
    edited July 2011
    Cheers Ambassador.

Trivia Night was interesting as always lol, but as per usual, lots of laughs which is the main thing. :p
    edited July 2011
    Hi all

I’ve just recently (day before yesterday) applied to join your fleet. However I somehow managed to fluff up the application/registration process >.<

So while I wait for Hathaway to fix what I broke I thought I’d post here :D

Seems like you guys are exactly what I'm looking for, casual yet professional. Also I'm liking the fact that Seeker is from God’s Country (Geordie or Makem though mate?).

I Played at launch for about a month but got really bored when everyone I played with left so i quit aswell. Read some reviews a few weeks back saying that the game has changed massively so I thought I’d give it another look. I’m rather glad I did, it feels like a whole different game to the one I played over a year ago!

Anyway, enough ranting.

See you all in space!
    edited July 2011
    Thank again for the JFE yesterday. I appreciate the turn out. :D
    edited July 2011
    Trivia and JFE yesterday.... Let's see what today brings. Join the UFP! Click the banner below.
    edited July 2011
    I'm going to have to start searching for the Star Trek Potato Head figures. Gotta have them.
    edited July 2011
    Anunzi wrote: »
    Hi all

I’ve just recently (day before yesterday) applied to join your fleet. However I somehow managed to fluff up the application/registration process >.<

So while I wait for Hathaway to fix what I broke I thought I’d post here :D

Seems like you guys are exactly what I'm looking for, casual yet professional. Also I'm liking the fact that Seeker is from God’s Country (Geordie or Makem though mate?).

I Played at launch for about a month but got really bored when everyone I played with left so i quit aswell. Read some reviews a few weeks back saying that the game has changed massively so I thought I’d give it another look. I’m rather glad I did, it feels like a whole different game to the one I played over a year ago!

Anyway, enough ranting.

See you all in space!

Hi There! Are you still able to post on the forums or is it an account issue?

Bets of luck with your application and looking forward to getting to know you!

Grace
    edited July 2011
    FIGHT! There's a big fight in the mess hall over at the UFP! ! ! ! Quick, click the banner below to see the action!

heh heh... That always get's 'em to run right over, and once they do, just like Hotel California, they never leave.
    edited July 2011
    Pryde7 wrote:
    Hi There! Are you still able to post on the forums or is it an account issue?

Bets of luck with your application and looking forward to getting to know you!

Grace

Thank you!

Its all sorted now, tunrs it was me being a moron and not putting {UFP} in front of my user name >.<

Looking forward to getting to making some friends here, you seem like a canny bunch :)
    edited July 2011
    Thank you!

Its all sorted now, tunrs it was me being a moron and not putting {UFP} in front of my user name >.<

Looking forward to getting to making some friends here, you seem like a canny bunch :)

That will get you every time! Glad you figured it out.
    edited July 2011
    That will get you every time! Glad you figured it out.

I didn't, Hathaway told me :P
    edited July 2011
    If you're serious about Star Trek, we seriously want you to consider the UFP! Click the banner below, and tell 'em Stormy sent ya.
    edited July 2011
    Thank you!

Yeah that stumped me too! I can't remember now if I figured it out or if someone told me!

Grace
    edited July 2011
    Thank you!

Hehe, you're not the first, and probably won't be the last. :) We've just implemented a new feature in the application process which will make this clearer to new members... at least those who check their emails. :cool:
    edited July 2011
    Well, you can't play the game right now since it's down for maintenance, so you may as well visit us over at the UFP! Just click the banner below.
    edited July 2011
    Hehe, you're not the first, and probably won't be the last. :) We've just implemented a new feature in the application process which will make this clearer to new members... at least those who check their emails. :cool:

What would we do without you SK!!

G x