test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I would actually like to see someone run a US based pvp event on a weekly basis and following the Eu one would be perfect! Would be great to always have a friday night pvp no matter what timezone you're in!
    edited August 2011
    Good Morning peeps!!

G x
    edited August 2011
    Pryde7 wrote:
    I would actually like to see someone run a US based pvp event on a weekly basis and following the Eu one would be perfect! Would be great to always have a friday night pvp no matter what timezone you're in!

With my job (and a girlfriend) I cannot commit to hosting an event every Friday night. I actually want to keep both of them! That being said, if I become more adept at PvP, it's possible we can schedule it another night in the week.
    edited August 2011
    With my job (and a girlfriend) I cannot commit to hosting an event every Friday night. I actually want to keep both of them! That being said, if I become more adept at PvP, it's possible we can schedule it another night in the week.

Think there ought to be enough EO's from the North America timezone to cover...will need to check with them all and see when is the best time...
    edited August 2011
    Sounds like a good idea.
    edited August 2011
    Would be great to see some more US friendly timed events, and be sure to request a banner if you do organise them ;)
    We've got the weekly PvP match this Friday, the Star Trek: Galaxy SRP Finale 3 parter on Sunday, and an Infected run on the Klingon side on Sunday too - all either up or upcoming as event banners :)
    edited August 2011
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/10/perfect-world-entertainment-completes-acquisition-of-cryptic-stu/
    A couple of months back, we announced that Atari was in the court to sell off Cryptic Studios, and that Perfect World Entertainment had stepped up to the plate to take the studio off Atari's hands. Well, as of now, the sale is complete and Cryptic is now firmly in the grasp of free-to-play leviathan Perfect World Entertainment.

According to reports, the sale cost Perfect World a staggering $49.8 million, and $30.7 is said to be going straight toward paying off Atari's existing debt. As for the projects Cryptic was previously working on -- namely Star Trek Online, Champions Online, and the upcoming Neverwinter -- it remains to be seen what will happen, but you can be sure we'll bring you the latest as soon as we get word.
    edited August 2011
    Best to think positive, new ownership can bring a lot of good with it.
    edited August 2011
    Major UFP Announcement scheduled for midnight tonight, UFP startime :D
    edited August 2011
    Hathaway wrote: »
    Major UFP Announcement scheduled for midnight tonight, UFP startime :D

I know exactly what the announcement is. "Perfect World has agreed to sell Star Trek Online to the UFP. The multiplayer deal trades Sharpkiller, Mikester, Lynxmukka and a player to be named later for the game, Stahl and Rivera. Rumors indicate UFP also had Stormy in the deal but Perfect World said the deal was off if they had to take Stormy along with the others."
    edited August 2011
    No one has denied it to this point, so it must be TRUE!
    edited August 2011
    Weird. No one has posted here but me in a while. I feel like I'm stuck in one of those Twilight Zone episodes with William Shatner (yes, he did star in one of the original Twilight Zones).
    edited August 2011
    They are going to take Bondgadget instead something about he had more personality.
    edited August 2011
    For the members who were interested in what the timer was for - be sure to check out our latest announcement. The CBS deal we made has just been announced in full. :D

Took a long time to get it all sorted, but I think it's paid off for everyone in the end. You can check out our announcement here:

http://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?13934-UFP-Strikes-Game-Release-Deal-with-CBS&p=81378#post81378
    edited August 2011
    Hey, if you're looking for a fleet which is innovative and aggressive in their love and pursuit of Star Trek, you only have to look at what we've done lately. Although we support all things Trek, our STO division is the largest division within the UFP. Now they've gone and did this: http://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?...1378#post81378. I don't know what they'll come up with next but I'm going to be around to find out. If you love STO and all things Trek, you should, too. Tell 'em Stormy sent ya!
    edited August 2011
    It's a very exciting time within the UFP. The deal with CBS and of course the changes we're making to the UFP structure!

Grace
    edited August 2011
    I think 2011 has easily been our best year so far yet, and I can only see things getting better for the future. :D
    edited August 2011
    I am excited about all that is happening within UFP, you to can be as excited as we are, check out whats so exciting.
    EXCITEMENT
    . Join us.
    edited August 2011
    I know that you know that we're excited, but I'm not sure you know that we know what we're excited about. We could just be ranting lunatics. Well, OK, most of us are not but there's one or two who are questionable. In any case, I don't want steal the thunder from our hard-working fleet staff so I'm sending a link explaining some of the awesomeness we have going on. Check it out. I think you'll be glad you did. Oh, and tell 'em Stormy sent ya.
    edited August 2011
    Who's doing what on Star Trek Online this weekend? If you're a member of the UFP, you might be participating in SHUTTLE WARS!
    edited August 2011
    Shuttle wars is an epic idea :p
    edited August 2011
    I have yet to nail down my strategy and don't have long to do so but I will!
    edited August 2011
    I doubt I'll make it since my sis, brother in law and little baby niece (Who isn't 1 yet but is AWESOME!!) are coming down. But if you're still going past 10pm, I'll be there. :p

Other than that, I'll be trying to reach captain rank with my Fed officer, and making a new charater to see what's changed with the Klingon side of things.
    edited August 2011
    Grace...the clock is ticking!
    edited August 2011
    Shuttle Wars?
    edited August 2011
    Haven't played it on ST:O, but I think it's a PvP using only shuttles.

Used to be great in ST:BC :D
    edited August 2011
    lol Endeavour I remember those, they were pretty manic but oh so much fun.

It's great to see such a high level of buzz in the UFP at the moment :D
    edited August 2011
    There is indeed!

I know that something else will be just round the corner as well! There's a lot to look forward to in STO over the next 2 months as well!

Grace
    edited August 2011
    Argh shuttle wars is happening when my PC is down for the count, you know you have to do this again real soon Stormy, i have a combo that I don't think anyone could beat.
    edited August 2011
    galbock wrote:
    Argh shuttle wars is happening when my PC is down for the count, you know you have to do this again real soon Stormy, i have a combo that I don't think anyone could beat.

Now there's a challenge...