test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Academy looks good, I live 3 hours for San Francisco and we spend a lot of time there. The view from Sausalito(Academy) to SF looks realistic wiith the Golden Gate as it is in background. Of course Mount Tamalpias(sp) is not as prominent behind main academy building as it should but not going to hold it against them lol.

Meet and Greet with a photo op set up for saturday. Think it would be cool with pic of Golden Gate.
    edited July 2011
    I don't want to cause any alarm or anything, but some major changes are coming to the United Federation of Planets. The most interesting part of it is they are ALL great changes designed to enhance the members experience within the fleet. Check it out by clicking the banner below.
    edited July 2011
    By the way, don't forget to check out our latest video of the Starfleet Academy Tribble Test last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHE6baS2MMU
    edited July 2011
    galbock wrote:
    Academy looks good, I live 3 hours for San Francisco and we spend a lot of time there. The view from Sausalito(Academy) to SF looks realistic wiith the Golden Gate as it is in background. Of course Mount Tamalpias(sp) is not as prominent behind main academy building as it should but not going to hold it against them lol.

Meet and Greet with a photo op set up for saturday. Think it would be cool with pic of Golden Gate.

Only gutted we Klingons have to wait for ours! If only I could invade San Francisco!! :D
    edited July 2011
    Got to tour SFA on the holodeck last night. It's awesome! Got my toons moved to the new fleet. Looking good there. All I need to make my day today is for the game not to lag tonight like it did last night.
    edited July 2011
    The Academy is looking rather spiffy. I do hope they expand on it over time though, quite a bit of scope with the buildings not yet touched. It'll be interesting to see exactly how it's used as well.
    edited July 2011
    Hathaway wrote: »
    The Academy is looking rather spiffy. I do hope they expand on it over time though, quite a bit of scope with the buildings not yet touched. It'll be interesting to see exactly how it's used as well.

I would expect it to be expanded to whatever degree it will be used. Hopefully they'll even have a "mission" or two involving SFA. They have the framework, so adding in additional content should not be that difficult as the need arises.
    edited July 2011
    And we're back. Thank you, Cryptic. :)
    edited July 2011
    Yay!! :D Well glad we got that sorted!!

G x
    edited July 2011
    Thank you for Cryptic for re-opening the thread. Also the Academy is looking great on tribble :D
    edited July 2011
    edit; disregard
    edited July 2011
    I am looking forward tot he event tonight! The United Federation of Planets will be out in force sitting our exams and pulling pranks on...well mostly Chris...at the Academy! :D

G
    edited July 2011
    Glad to see Cryptic re-opened our thread after it's mix-up with another fleet.

Yup looking forward to the meet up, promises to be a great photo op! :p
    edited July 2011
    Great meet up everyone, always fun to gather a load of people around for these screenshots! :D
    edited July 2011
    I enjoyed it too! Good to see a good number online and making the effort! :)

Just need to send over my screenshots to Seeker or Galbock. :)

G x
    edited July 2011
    <triumphant Star Trek music> Ah, the sweet smell of FREEDOM! We have been released from our cage and justice has prevailed. Our innocence has been established without doubt and the guilty will now pay. Long live freedom, justice and the Federation way! <music reaches crescendo> And now we go, not because we have to, but because we want to.... we boldly go where no one has gone before... the next post! (Mostly because it hasn't even been written yet) <screeching record sound>
    edited July 2011
    Don't forget that those interested in roleplaying, Starfleet Harriers is running the Star Trek: Galaxy SRP event tonight. :)
    edited July 2011
    There is always something going on in the UFP, and opportunities to create your own events and projects too. We like to keep our options open. Learn more about the UFP from our website at www.ufplanets.com.
    edited July 2011
    Even though UFP is a large fleet with a lot of choices, simple membership couldn't be easier.

Members who join fill in a form, request access to the in-game fleet and are requested to familiarise themselves with our fleet make up. After that there are no gaming expectations, just a roll call once a month with lots of reminders.

Join today at join.ufplanets.com
    edited July 2011
    Top Ten Reasons NOT to Join the UFP:

10. You hate fun.
    9. The only reason you play the game is to watch your ship explode.
    8. Your Captain is named Shirley Temple and your ship is The Good Ship Lollipop.
    7. You thought this was a sneak preview of Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    6. When asked who your favorite captain is, you reply, "Captain Crunch."
    5. Your favorite William Shatner role was T.J. Hooker.
    4. The "power" you use the most in combat is Abandon Ship!
    3. You're thinking of quitting STO and switching to Lego Universe.
    2. You thought MMOs had something to do with Mixed Martial Arts.
    And the NUMBER ONE reason NOT to join the UFP is:
    1. You prefer a fleet which does nothing, has no content, and is run by a 13 year old named "The Kirkenator".
    edited July 2011
    Naturally the reasons TO join the UFP would break the forum's character limit... :p
    edited July 2011
    :D The way I have it figured, if you do not fit into one of the above ten categories, there's a good chance you DO belong in the UFP!
    edited July 2011
    Lol Stormy! I honestly worry about you!! The TJ Hooker one made me laugh though!! Showing my age!!

G x
    edited July 2011
    The Herald's Caption Competition has gone to vote! Vote for your favourite now, and the winner will receive 500 Atari Tokens!

Voting closes on Monday 1st August and the winner will be announced shortly after.
    edited July 2011
    Hello {UFP},
    Just giving a friendly fleet bump.
    edited July 2011
    Hello, I hope all is well in 2nd Fleet :)
    edited July 2011
    Grace, Grace, Grace.... No need to worry or wonder about me. I'm just as crazy as I appear to be.
    edited July 2011
    All is going well in 2nd (F.F.B)
    edited July 2011
    Glad to hear it Ambassador :)
    edited July 2011
    Don't forget to stop by the website for free samples of pie.