What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Comments

• Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well the weekend is almost over but this week is looking promising with 12 hosted events already confirmed, not bad considering it's the first day of the week! :D
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    survivorofremussurvivorofremus Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Looking forward to another week with the UFP, fully packed full of Events and goodness!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chris5626 wrote: »
    Well the pips can be tricky. With the medals you know exactly what you need to do to get them but to get the rank pips you simply need to excel sufficiently brighter in comparison with your equals that you earn that promotion.

Best tips I can give any member of earning promotions are:
    1) Get involved in things as often as you can and raise your profile within the community.
    2) Be creative, think outside the box when performing your duties.

Both will help you to stand out so when it comes to making recommendations your name is more likely to be mentioned.

That reminds me very, very much of my favorite TNG episode.

Troi: "Your performance records have always been good. You're thorough... dedicated..."
    Riker: "Steady, reliable... punctual."

Riker: "If you want to get ahead, you have to take chances...stand out the crowd, get noticed!"

Q: "The Jean-Luc Picard you wanted to be, the one who did NOT fight the Nausicaan, had quite a different career from the one you remember. That Picard never had a brush with death, never came face to face with his own mortality, never realized how fragile life is, or how important each moment must be. So his life never came into focus. He drifted through much of his career, with no plan or agenda...going from one assignment to the next, never seizing the opportunities that presented themselves. He never led the away-team on Milika III to save the ambassador, or take charge of the Stargazer's bridge when its captain was killed. And no one ever offered him a command. He learned to play it safe...and he never, ever got noticed by anyone."
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Great quote there and very relevant to those wanting lots of shiny pips and medals come the UFPAC.

Whilst we are on the subject Tapestry is one of my favourite episodes as well, good amount of humour mixed with a great message and nice to learn more about Picard's past.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    dentariidentarii Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That actually was a really good episode of TNG. I should really go back and watch it again, it's been too long :rolleyes:. Most episodes I can think of with Q in are brilliant actually

Another great Trek quote from another great Q episode:
    "Sir, I protest! I am not a merry man!"
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Whilst we are on the subject of Q. I've recently finished watching all of DS9 with my girlfriend who hadn't watched any Star Trek before, we're currently going through TNG and last night we watched 'Hide and Q'. Not my favourite Q episode but still a good one. I think any time they used Q in TNG it was well done but I was a bit disappointed by his usage in DS9 and Voyager, both had some great comical moments but I think they failed to get the best out of the character and he was more there for the sake of it "hey kids it's that Q character you like, watch our show!".
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ...watching all of DS9 with my girlfriend who hadn't watched any Star Trek before

Wow, what are the chances of that? I've been watching through DS9 with my lady friend recently and we've just got to season 6. She hadn't watched any Trek before but she absolutely loves DS9 now. Only problem being, she's so used to the DS9 cast that she's unwilling to give the TNG crew a go! :rolleyes:
    It's a small world apparently!
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    dentarii wrote: »
    Wow, what are the chances of that? I've been watching through DS9 with my lady friend recently and we've just got to season 6. She hadn't watched any Trek before but she absolutely loves DS9 now. Only problem being, she's so used to the DS9 cast that she's unwilling to give the TNG crew a go! :rolleyes:
    It's a small world apparently!

Just let her know that both O'Brien and Worf are in TNG so that's two familiar faces.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello, i represent a group of 40 players in all Latin America.
    Wanna make contact in game with you people...

This is our First Contact like a group.

Hope find open minds over here...

Our main link:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=848721
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • Options
    torinthitorinthi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello, i represent a group of 40 players in all Latin America.
    Wanna make contact in game with you people...

This is our First Contact like a group.

Hope find open minds over here...

Our main link:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=848721

Greetings,

If you're wanting to make contact with our community i'd suggest taking a visit to our actual site and making a post within our Open Embassy forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The weekend is nearly upon us so here is a quick summary of the best events for this weekend.

Friday PvP
    Do you like PvP? Do you like Fridays? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions there is a very high probability that you will love Friday PvP! Despite retaining the exact same amount of Friday...-ness? Friday PvP now features even more PvP...-ness! So bring your Federation, Klingon and Romulan characters and PvP... on Friday!

New Romulus Task Force
    As the Romulan people struggle to build a new home and forge a new future they can rely on the Federation for support. Will you join the task force and help to get the Romulans back on their feet in their hour of need?

Joint Strike Assault - Part V
    The Breen have grown bolder and have begun to make incursions in to allied space. Starfleet is mobilising a task force to determine the extent of the Breen threat and to protect the interests of the Federation and its allies.

STF Sunday
    Sunday is STF day! This Sunday the ESF will be assisting members through STFs so if you need to work on your Borg Reputation or just love destroying drones make sure not to miss it!

See you... out there!
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The weekend is nearly upon us so here is a quick summary of the best events for this weekend.

Not to mention numerous events outside of STO, for those of our members who want just a little bit more :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I became a full member of the {UFP} this week and I got my Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit yesterday :D I'm having a good week so far!
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I became a full member of the {UFP} this week and I got my Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit yesterday :D I'm having a good week so far!

Glad you are enjoying yourself so far!

The fleet ships certainly are great to have, have you got her kitted out with all the lovely elite fleet gear yet or is she a work in progress?
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Remember that Hearts and Minds is available again!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Remember that Hearts and Minds is available again!

Yep it's Friday the 13th again. It's quite a quick mission, well worth it for the reward of a blue DOFF and it's a good little story.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Glad you are enjoying yourself so far!

The fleet ships certainly are great to have, have you got her kitted out with all the lovely elite fleet gear yet or is she a work in progress?

Thanks Chris :)
    She's still a work in progress, but she has got a couple of pieces of fleet gear on her already. It won't be long until she's fully decked out :D
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The Fleet Assault Cruiser is the one canon Fleet cruiser I haven't tried yet, got all the others on my Main Engineer. How are you finding it so far?
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The Fleet Assault Cruiser is the one canon Fleet cruiser I haven't tried yet, got all the others on my Main Engineer. How are you finding it so far?

Well, from an aesthetic point of view it's really great. No matter how you customize it it looks good. Also what I really like about it is that I get the choice of changing between the Fleet and Sovereign versions of the ship depending on my mood :)
    I'll have to get a fleet ship for my Klingon engineer soon, not sure which one to go with though!
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well, from an aesthetic point of view it's really great. No matter how you customize it it looks good. Also what I really like about it is that I get the choice of changing between the Fleet and Sovereign versions of the ship depending on my mood :)
    I'll have to get a fleet ship for my Klingon engineer soon, not sure which one to go with though!

I got the Fleet Tor'Kaht (Fleet Vor'cha if you change the skin which I did because Vor'chas look awesome) and it is honestly the most fun ship I have ever played in game. I am using it on a Tactical mind but since it is a battle cruiser it works well for Engineers or Tacticals. I strongly recommend it, that said if you want to focus more on tanking the Fleet Negh'Var looks pretty good.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    As a message to those interesting in signing up we are currently in the process of upgrading our website and forums so the website will be inaccessible until the upgrade is complete. After which recruitment will re-open. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

You can monitor the process of this work at www.ufplanets.com
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I got the Fleet Tor'Kaht (Fleet Vor'cha if you change the skin which I did because Vor'chas look awesome)

Agreed, Vor'chas and the K'tinga class are the two best looking Klingon cruisers in my opinion. I wasn't sure whether the Tor'kaht could use the Vor'cha skin, so thanks for clearing that up for me. It comes down to the fleet K'tinga or Tor'kaht for me then!

Also, I'm so impatient to see the new site. Not long now though :D
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Agreed, Vor'chas and the K'tinga class are the two best looking Klingon cruisers in my opinion. I wasn't sure whether the Tor'kaht could use the Vor'cha skin, so thanks for clearing that up for me. It comes down to the fleet K'tinga or Tor'kaht for me then!

I completely agree the K'tinga and the Vor'cha are both very handsome vessels. It is a shame the Negh'Var didn't live up to the same standards, in my opinion it looks far too short. The T'tinga is perhaps a little better balanced as supports science abilities more than the Tor'kaht which has more offensive focus. Either way you will get a great looking ship.
    Also, I'm so impatient to see the new site. Not long now though :D

Hopefully it should be up in just a few more hours unless the Bynars break down. The existing website is still the best LCARS website you will find any where on the internet, the new site should still look great but should have an increased focus on accessibility. Keeping now over 800 active members happy is a big ask especially when it comes to how something is designed but I am confident that the community will respond well to what those working on the site have achieved.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The new website is now live and as such recruitment has re-opened.

Please feel free to come and visit us at www.ufplanets.com
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Had great fun on STF Sunday, I didn't get a chance to attend the scheduled runs but with the number of spontaneous runs being set up by members I got to have fun doing all of the Borg STFs on Elite in record time. Was a good day.

Oh and of course the new website launched. Was a very good day.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ok so time for this week's event list. Bear in mind that events can be added at any time so the list is correct at the time of posting.

BATTLE OF CHINTOKA NIGHT [BC] Monday
    Recreate this famous battle of the Dominion War as the Federation, Klingons and Romulans take on the Dominion and their Cardassian allies.

THE VAULT RETURNS [PVE] Tuesday
    As a member of the House of Kular you will engage the enemy both in shuttles and in ships. This event will also co-incide with the increase bonus hour for The Vault, so you will get extra Reputation Marks.

CROSSFIRE CHALLENGE [PVP] Tuesday
    The first Crossfire themed event. Employ tactics and teamwork to destroy the enemies command ships whilst protecting your own!

STF WEDNESDAY [PVE] Wednesday
    STF Wednesday continues. Take part in hosted runs of the Special Task Force missions.

INTRO TO GROUND STFS [PVE] Wednesday
    Members new to Ground STFs or simply wanting to gain experience are invited to attend. Emphasis will be on tactics and map layouts with no pressure to rush through.

MARKED MIRRORS [PVE] Thursday
    Take on the forces of the Mirror Universe and earn yourself experience, fleet credits and reputation marks.

FRIDAY PVP [PVP] Friday
    Answer the call to glory and compete against fellow fleet members in hosted PvP events.

THE WRATH OF KHAN [PVP] Saturday
    Part 6 of the Joint Strike Assault series sees a re-imagining of the battle to stop Khan. Do you have what it takes?

STF Sunday [PVE] Sunday
    Missed STF Wednesday? Take part in hosted runs of the Special Task Force missions.

Star Trek: Meridian [RPG-X] Sunday
    Join us and take part in the voyages of the starship Meridian.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh and of course the new website launched. Was a very good day.

I could not agree more. I was expecting the site to look great, but it honestly exceeded my expectations. Still has all that LCARS-y goodness :D
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Greetings from South America to all our brothers.
    Apparently we think the same thing but in different languages.
    I would like to know more of you people. I hope we can do ...

Saludos desde el sur de america a todos nuestros hermanos.
    Por lo visto pensamos en lo mismo pero en diferentes idiomas.
    Me gustaria conocerlos mucho mas. Espero podamos hacerlo...

Greetings
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Greetings from South America to all our brothers.
    Apparently we think the same thing but in different languages.
    I would like to know more of you people. I hope we can do ...

Saludos desde el sur de america a todos nuestros hermanos.
    Por lo visto pensamos en lo mismo pero en diferentes idiomas.
    Me gustaria conocerlos mucho mas. Espero podamos hacerlo...

Greetings

Greetings arketipicos,

As I mentioned in my previous reply to you, you may want to visit our Open Embassy and introduce your group in a more formal way as this thread is purely for recruitment. Our site will also help to answer any questions you may have about our Community.

Como mencion? en mi respuesta anterior a usted, usted puede visitar nuestra embajada abierta e introducir su grupo de una manera m?s formal de este hilo es puramente para la contrataci?n. Nuestro sitio tambi?n ayudar? a responder a cualquier pregunta que usted pueda tener acerca de nuestra Comunidad.

(Translation for ease in communication.)

Sincerely,
    Torinth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    survivorofremussurvivorofremus Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    looking for a Friendly, fun loving group, backed up by an amazing infrastrucrure!! Come Join the UFP - We Rock!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]