What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Comments

• Options
    dentariidentarii Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As a relatively new member of the {UFP}, I've yet to get around to obtaining a fleet ship, but the freedom of choice that comes with joining a veteran fleet such as the {UFP} is merely one of many benefits enjoyed by its members. Also, all of the members I've had the pleasure to talk with have been both polite and courteous. All of what I've said could of course come across as hollow 'propaganda', but take my word for it; join up and get to know the members of this fleet and like me, you'll feel right at home!

(If you do join and feel the need to chat with someone else who is learning the ropes, just drop me a message!)
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    vadavianthulevadavianthule Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chris5626 wrote: »
    Ended up buying a Fleet Excelsior as well as the Fleet Galaxy I got the other day. So nice having top tier facilities, she's loaded with shiny fleet gear and been able to spend most of the day fine tuning her since its been near constant UFP STF runs!

How do you run yours ? I have two threat scaling science consoles and the sauser sep in the three sci slots. I also have the borg weapon set on it and the zero point modual with romulan hyper torp. The other 5 weapon slots are fleet phasers.
    I have a mostly human bridge crew bar my two borg for the bonus hull regen and I think ive got some hull regens in the engineering console slots too. I put the adapted maco kit on this ship. So with the extra hull regen from consoles, crew and the shields boosts from the adp maco kit and borg weapon set make it very resilient.
    Skills wise I have repulsors for point defence and two rsf. Then just some hull healing stuff and tactical team again only as it rotates the shields. Cant remember the size of the shilds but due to the buffs I have and the rsf it dont really matter. The hulls hitpoints are chasing 70, 000 so It takes a beating. I only fly it for fun as its my fav ship in sto and most of the jobs its good at can be done better by other ships. Ill paste in the exact specs of my ship including boffs and doffs and my traits and skills if you care enough to want them.
    Is there anything I could do to make it more fun to fly?? Its not to much of a serious question as I spend most my time just looking at the ship and moving it to diff locations for screen shots lol ok not lol im sad I know :-( love it though.
    Fleet Admiral Davian Thule.
    Kobayashi Crew.
    Dave@dangerousdave1701
  • Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've gone a pretty much purely tank route with it. With the benefits of the Elite Fleet gear its got extra hull HP and regen it also turns ok for a Galaxy. There are probably lots of better builds out there but I find even after drawing lots of aggro it still tanks great.

1x Dual Beam Phaser
    2x Phaser Array
    1x Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo

3x Phaser Array
    1x Quantum Torpedo

Elite Fleet Fermion Deflector
    Elite Fleet Efficient Combat Impulse Engines
    Overcharged Warp Core (need to get more fleet credits to upgrade this)
    Elite Fleet Adapted Coveriant Shield

2x Enhanced RCS Accelerator
    Enhanced Neutronium Alloy
    2x SIF Generator

Field Generator
    Shield Emitter Amplifier
    Saucer Seperation

2x Phaser Relay
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We unlocked our Elite hangar pets today! At our current estimates, we are just under a month from finishing all aspects of our Main fleet's starbase! Now is the perfect time to join!

www.ufplanets.com
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Always nice to be ticking off the milestones. One of the best things about operating multiple fleets is the fact that since we keep developing new starbases there are always plenty of opportunities to earn fleet credits.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Greetings, and unless I am sorely mistaken, I will be your new 12th Fleet Ambassador, for the UPF. I look forward to meeting you all, on the forums, TS and in game, as much as I can alot time for.

Jolan Tru. =^^=
  • Options
    amalakiamalaki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello Aleaic, well met. Look forward to meeting you also.

Jolan Tru from the UFP Imperial Guard!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    aleaic wrote: »
    Greetings, and unless I am sorely mistaken, I will be your new 12th Fleet Ambassador, for the UPF. I look forward to meeting you all, on the forums, TS and in game, as much as I can alot time for.

Jolan Tru. =^^=

Hi Aleaic. Make sure to speak to Collier or Ben Hurley on our forums and they can arrange your forum access for you.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Loads of Federation events this weekend. Make sure you don't miss out!

Marked Mirrors
    Tonight Federation aligned characters will get the chance to battle the forces of the Mirror Universe and earn lots of shiny fleet marks.

Friday PvP
    The clue really is in the title for this one, every Friday plays host to PvP events and this one is no different.

Melee-a-thon 2
    Bring your Federation aligned characters and their Bat'leths, Lirpas and Swords to these themed melee PvP events this Saturday.

Joint Strike Assault - Part 4
    The Dominion have returned and their target is none other than Earth itself, can you hold the line or will the Federation fall on your watch? Part 4 of the exciting episodic Joint Strike Assault series is this Saturday.

STF Sunday
    Sundays are STF Sundays! Hosted STF runs throughout the day.

Joint Fleet Event with 2nd Fleet
    This Sunday we're hosting a joint wargames event with 2nd Fleet.

Late night STFs
    The sun might go down but the STFs keep going all through the night.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I sent a PM to them both, and made a post of my own in your forums.

I will be in game here, for any further contact.
  • Options
    ronsheltonronshelton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello I am looking to join a fleet I am a returning player have a level 50 sStarfleet engineer and work on 2nd tactical captian let me know if you are recruiting please
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ronshelton wrote: »
    Hello I am looking to join a fleet I am a returning player have a level 50 sStarfleet engineer and work on 2nd tactical captian let me know if you are recruiting please

Good Morning ronshelton. Yes we are still recruiting, I see you found our website, your application should get processed shortly. Good luck!
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    survivorofremussurvivorofremus Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Had a blast last night at STF Wednesday! Was alot of Fun! Looking forward to the Same this weekend!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Had a blast last night at STF Wednesday! Was alot of Fun! Looking forward to the Same this weekend!!

Agreed. I had a good run last night, and today I received my {UFP} forum signature! It's been a good couple of days for me. Still need to get my STO forum signature sorted out though, so that's something I'll get around to requesting today :)
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it. Make sure not to miss this weekend's events!
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Looking forward to it for sure!! :D
    PS Just got my new shiny Signature too!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    torinthitorinthi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Looking forward to it for sure!! :D

I'm glad you like it! Just another reason why I find the UFP to be the better fit for me as a fleet, a nice shiny well done signature to call my own :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Mine are all sorted too :) I'm still impressed how they completed both the same day within hours of the request. Brilliant officers working on the signatures!
    I'm really hoping I can make the melee pvp event this Saturday, not sure if I'm free yet though :/
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    dentarii wrote: »
    Mine are all sorted too :) I'm still impressed how they completed both the same day within hours of the request. Brilliant officers working on the signatures!
    I'm really hoping I can make the melee pvp event this Saturday, not sure if I'm free yet though :/

Always nice to have a top quality signature, as great as the STO forum ones are it is a shame our regular fleet signatures are too epic for the STO forums, would love to bust those out on here. There is of course more to membership that just shiny signatures but it is just one of those nice things that contributes to the overall experience.

I hope you are able to make the Melee PvP event but if not don't worry there are plenty of events this weekend and don't forget if you want you can always apply to be an Events Officer yourself, I think you just need to host an average of one event a week.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I hope you are able to make the Melee PvP event but if not don't worry there are plenty of events this weekend and don't forget if you want you can always apply to be an Events Officer yourself, I think you just need to host an average of one event a week.

Exactly what i just did, want to get involved and the Away Team Leader position/Events Office looks like a lot of fun! Another reason why im glad i joined.......a well organised event calendar!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We have such shiny Science T5 toys now... :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Exactly what i just did, want to get involved and the Away Team Leader position/Events Office looks like a lot of fun! Another reason why im glad i joined.......a well organised event calendar!! :D

Good luck with the job application! We can never have too many hosted events! :D
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Good luck with the job application! We can never have too many hosted events! :D

Well we could :p but it's the thought that counts I guess ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    After doing some general shenanigans with members of this fleet yesterday, I can say they are a great bunch of people and you should look them up :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    askell400askell400 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Someone mentioned to me that a gm is calling white players in the game crackers. any truth to this.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    askell400 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned to me that a gm is calling white players in the game crackers. any truth to this.

A gm for STO? or what? you may need to refine your question a little to make more sense with it being related to the UFP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Someone mentioned to me that a gm is calling white players in the game ********. any truth to this.

I think that would be a question best directed to Cryptic themselves although it is flattering that when having a question about the Cryptic GMs you thought to ask us.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The next Fleet Meeting and UFPAC (United Federation of Planets Award Ceremony) have been announced! The Fleet Meeting will take place on Friday the 27th of September 2013 and the UFPAC will take place on the 28th of September 2013.

More details can be found HERE!

Whether you are an old or new member you won't want to miss either.

Whilst we do have a range of ways for all members to influence the running of our community Fleet Meetings provide a great opportunity to learn more about the day to day behind the scenes running of our organisation and to ask questions and give feedback directly to those that dedicate their free time to keeping things running and building for the future!

The UFPAC has come a long way from its humble routes many years ago on MSN messenger and is now an exciting audio/visual extravaganza but regardless of the progress in terms of the presentation it's goal is still the same, to bring together the entire community so that they can acknowledge, reward and share in the successes of the membership. Don't miss it!
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The next Fleet Meeting and UFPAC (United Federation of Planets Award Ceremony) have been announced! The Fleet Meeting will take place on Friday the 27th of September 2013 and the UFPAC will take place on the 28th of September 2013.

More details can be found HERE!

Whether you are an old or new member you won't want to miss either.

Whilst we do have a range of ways for all members to influence the running of our community Fleet Meetings provide a great opportunity to learn more about the day to day behind the scenes running of our organisation and to ask questions and give feedback directly to those that dedicate their free time to keeping things running and building for the future!

The UFPAC has come a long way from its humble routes many years ago on MSN messenger and is now an exciting audio/visual extravaganza but regardless of the progress in terms of the presentation it's goal is still the same, to bring together the entire community so that they can acknowledge, reward and share in the successes of the membership. Don't miss it!

Indeed! crossing my fingers for that third pip :) however the evening itself will be quite the delight either way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited September 2013
    torinthi wrote: »
    Indeed! crossing my fingers for that third pip :) however the evening itself will be quite the delight either way.

Well the pips can be tricky. With the medals you know exactly what you need to do to get them but to get the rank pips you simply need to excel sufficiently brighter in comparison with your equals that you earn that promotion.

Best tips I can give any member of earning promotions are:
    1) Get involved in things as often as you can and raise your profile within the community.
    2) Be creative, think outside the box when performing your duties.

Both will help you to stand out so when it comes to making recommendations your name is more likely to be mentioned.
    ChristopherHalsey.png