test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

== Imperial Romulan Fleet (IRF) ==

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Jolan'tru to all Romulan in Heart players of STO, yes my friends it sux that the Romulans are not playable yet
    and the game still needs alot of work on it and all hope Cryptic get off there TRIBBLE$ and fix the thing but utill then we will just have to make due with what we have:(,
    So for all of you who love Star Trek and the Romulan Empire I have this to ask of you,( Do you have what it takes to save the true Empress of the Romulan people Donatra If your answer is "yes" to those questions then you may have found a new mission in life and a home in the Imperial Romulan Fleet.)
    If you are interested in becoming a part of the community please visit our website at RomulanEmpire.com
    IRF Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyw1Pr9wRPg
    edited February 2011
    Do you have what it takes to serve the true Empress of the Romulan people?
    Are you a loyal committed Romulan citizen of the empire? Are you worthy of a commission in Imperial Romulan Fleet?

If your answer is "yes" to those questions then you may have found a new mission in life as well as a home serving the Imperial Romulan Empire.

If you are interested in becoming a part of the community please visit our website at RomulanEmpire.com
    edited February 2011
    Jolan'tru to all Romulan in Heart players of STO, yes my friends it sux that the Romulans are not playable yet
    and the game still needs alot of work on it and all hope Cryptic get off there TRIBBLE$ and fix the thing but utill then we will just have to make due with what we have:(,
    So for all of you who love Star Trek and the Romulan Empire I have this to ask of you,( Do you have what it takes to save the true Empress of the Romulan people Donatra If your answer is "yes" to those questions then you may have found a new mission in life and a home in the Imperial Romulan Fleet.)
    IRF Video
    edited February 2011
    Sorry guys the IRF website is down for some needed work and it should be back up soon.
    edited February 2011
    Good to hear, I was starting to wonder if you guys took off to another site or something, without giving me the notice (wink). Hope it gets fixed soon.
    edited February 2011
    Alextar wrote:
    Good to hear, I was starting to wonder if you guys took off to another site or something, without giving me the notice (wink). Hope it gets fixed soon.

We are not going anywhere just reducing costs as the fleet has pretty vanished until Romulans are added to the game. People are sick of paying a sub cost and not getting the ST experience they want and simply got tired of doing the same thing over, and over again for months. :(
    edited February 2011
    IRF Video
    edited February 2011
    IRF Video
    edited February 2011
    IRF Video
    edited February 2011
    From the recent Q&A with DStahl.

Q: m.parsons: Can you tell us what discussions or plans there might be concerning when the Romulans become a playable faction what we can maybe expect?

A: The leads on the project discuss playable Romulans all the time. The biggest concerns that I've pointed out in previous interviews is that it would be very difficult to introduce a new Faction until we feel the Klingon Empire has an improved Faction experience. That said, we still discuss how and when we would introduce the Romulan faction. Obviously, with their homeworld destroyed, it would be interesting where they call "home". The latest Feature Episode series is starting to delve into their story and show just how fractured their people are at the moment. Perhaps the Romulan Empire will split into multiple factions where one will join the Federation and the other the Klingon Empire... That's an interesting idea.
    edited February 2011
    Q: RedShirtJohnson: Now that the team is a year older, and endlessly wiser, what are three things you would want to see happen in STO in the next year?

A: The three things at the top of my wishlist are: Healthy Klingon Faction, Awesome Exploration, Awesome Endgame. And if I could add a 4th it would be Romulan Faction.
    edited February 2011
    Thanks Phoenix_Lord, so a Romulan Faction isn't happening any time soon with STO, it seems. Most of the recent Typhon Pact novels indicated a fractured Empire as well, with some hopes of the split between RSE and IRE rejoining, along with some increase in the Unification movement. I am not sure how much the novels will effect STO's story development though, if at all.
    edited February 2011
    No problem. At least the Romulans are not forgotten. And it does make sense to try to avoid and learn from the mistakes made with the Klingons.
    edited February 2011
    Allied Fleet Bump
    edited February 2011
    From the recent Q&A with DStahl.

Q: m.parsons: Can you tell us what discussions or plans there might be concerning when the Romulans become a playable faction what we can maybe expect?

A: The leads on the project discuss playable Romulans all the time. The biggest concerns that I've pointed out in previous interviews is that it would be very difficult to introduce a new Faction until we feel the Klingon Empire has an improved Faction experience. That said, we still discuss how and when we would introduce the Romulan faction. Obviously, with their homeworld destroyed, it would be interesting where they call "home". The latest Feature Episode series is starting to delve into their story and show just how fractured their people are at the moment. Perhaps the Romulan Empire will split into multiple factions where one will join the Federation and the other the Klingon Empire... That's an interesting idea.

HELL NO if they do that to the Romulan Empire Cryptic can F off
    edited February 2011
    IRF Video
    edited February 2011
    Ditto, sooner the better though.
    edited February 2011
    Fvillha wrote: »
    Ditto, sooner the better though.

Jolan'tru Fvillha it look like its going to take a long time so that is why I will be playing RIFT untill the Romulans are playable.
    edited February 2011
    "I'm Ron Burgandy. Stay classy Romulan Empire."
    edited February 2011
    "I'm Ron Burgandy. Stay classy Romulan Empire."

Jolan'tru Hayabusa, how are you doing?
    edited February 2011
    IRF Video
    edited February 2011
    I am still around, been busy with RL, and not playing games much. What few moments I game lately I've fallen back to play EQ2 the extentend (free 2 play version) MMO. I am not sure if I want to fork out more $$ to play RIFT, since I have a Platinum EQ2 account.

Encase you're interested. http://everquest2.com/free_to_play/
    edited February 2011
    From DStahl's current interview: "Once we have the Klingon Empire in a state where we feel they have a healthy progression path will we consider adding the Romulan faction and any other factions the players want to see in game."

Still a good chance to see the Romulans as PCs instead of NPCs. :)

Greetings from the VKF.
    edited February 2011
    Fvillha wrote: »
    I am still around, been busy with RL, and not playing games much. What few moments I game lately I've fallen back to play EQ2 the extentend (free 2 play version) MMO. I am not sure if I want to fork out more $$ to play RIFT, since I have a Platinum EQ2 account.

Encase you're interested. http://everquest2.com/free_to_play/

I have tryed EQ's free to play two weeks ago not bad and I tryed WOW have to say
    that game sux I did not like it.
    edited February 2011
    I've played EQ2 since 2004 when it came out, and find I fall back to it. Yeah I've had a hard time wanting to keep play WOW, not real sure why.
    edited February 2011
    From the latest Captain's log site post:

Romulan faction -- Dan sparked a heated debate in the STO forums by stating that the Romluan faction may split between the Federation and Klingon Empire. While faction discussions are occurring "all the time," I honestly doubt we will see them in 2011. This has upset many of the game's Romulan enthusiasts.

The link at the end take it to one of the IRF's fleets threads. :D

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=4573
    edited February 2011
    Thanks, I spotted that yesterday and posted it to IRF's main forum, good to see someones noticing. Hopefully it will help.
    edited February 2011
    From the latest Captain's log site post:

Romulan faction -- Dan sparked a heated debate in the STO forums by stating that the Romluan faction may split between the Federation and Klingon Empire. While faction discussions are occurring "all the time," I honestly doubt we will see them in 2011. This has upset many of the game's Romulan enthusiasts.

The link at the end take it to one of the IRF's fleets threads. :D

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=4573

yes the lack of the Romulans as playable faction has upseted a lot in the IRF Members that over 200 have left the game so far and then I read the news from Dan may be what is left of the IRF may also leave soon
    this is really sad I had high hopes for this game but oh well :(
    edited March 2011
    IRF Video
    edited March 2011
    IRF Video