test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Battlezone, power creep, camping etc. Thread #474.747

13»

Comments

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    when the Rex spawns there is an energy discharge that kills everything in the point. and the surrounding points
    sig.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I'd like to know how they are killing the rexes so fast. I popped into a zone, I had the phaser cannon and 2 boolian cannons, the targs and a walker, Vjer probes, sompek lightning and hyperonic radiation, and still barely put a dent in it.

That feels strange. I notoriously don't 'do' ground, abilities on my 2nd bar appear not to be working even, LOL, and even I can solo a rex with relative ease (when a zone is relatively empty, you can sometimes reach a silo alone). I have the full Kuumaarke set, plus some pretty random clickies, but that's it. I also don't die from this supposed energy pulse that allegedly kills everyone. I do notice some read circles, at times, and those sting a bit; but die? No. (Granted, my boffs' lives are usually forfeit.) What actually hurts the most is those damn mini-dinos that bite you. :# The rex can bob his head, hit you, and knock you down. But die? No.

As I suggested, the rex needs to be much stronger. One sweep of its tail should knock out everyone. And it's outright ridiculous that a person like me, who cares not for ground, really, can solo it. It should take the consorted effort of at least 5 players, and several minutes, to wear it down, with a real risk of being knocked unconscious. That alone should mitigate the issue of arriving too late to even participate.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I know a lot of players that use to play Dyson Ground Battlezone, but left due to the overkill of the 3 V-Rex that spawn. I'm on there every night with 7 of my characters. Mostly there out of an OCD habit, heh. I've witnessed these super take downs that are hard to describe. You see that one of the V-Rex are about to spawn near you so you run to the silo. As soon as you get there the Rex spawns as dead before you could even get a shot off...Because someone already hit it with their buffs and super weapons (and you watch them zip to the teleporter in less than split second and they vanish.

I myself have given up on attempting to clear a full zone to get to the V-Rex battle stage. Use to, I'd start on a fresh map, do the tasks that Commander Arnold assigns me, then I'd continue to keep capturing until Rex time. Now I'll just do the assignments and "if" a V-Rex battle is going on, I'll participate as best I can even to get nothing still.

The V-Rex battle is suppose to be a team effort and the rewards shared equally as a "great job everyone", but when one person takes it down so fast that no one else can get enough damage credit, it dissuades others to even try.

Here's an idea that's been floating around, don't allow the super weapon modules or Nerf them like the Cat charm during this past Winter Event on just Dyson Ground. Since other ground social maps don't seem to be the same as Dyson.

One day I hope that the texture errors get fixed there too, but I'm ok with the way it plays, just not other players robbing others of their fun and rewards.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    Automatic beam in of all players in that section of battlezone with 2 minute set up time, I'd buff the V-Rex to be a mini-boss like it should be and alter the structure of the fight.

Things like Voth drones healing the V-Rex, some mech suits and the V-Rex is only vulnerable after clearing waves and that must be done three times.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • diemore83#4199 diemore83 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
      edited May 2023
      Everytime i am also in there i had to play like "fire in my TRIBBLE" and not parcipate in a last areas to take control because if they further enough there is no time for me to go for end boss. So either they make to V-rex bosses in a phase battle where all parcipates will be summoned next to they areas with a wait timer so all can load they screen fast enough and those who are in a " camping" will be summoned off from they positions where everyone else are...and also hefty dmg reduction to bosses..makes bosses last longer even people would complain them to be sponges but still better then those "git good" superiority complex are taking advantages over others "work"...or for extra requirements to being parcipate in a territory gaining at least stop them being sitting like a duck in a boss area.
      This is already used in a TFO´s so no harm really done.

..or if they dont wanna do that.. at least reduce Rex´s reward to actually in those moments where areas are being worked to gain control and leave some accolade in a rex battle. Camping will stop because its not rewarding enough...it will always work.
      Automatic beam in of all players in that section of battlezone with 2 minute set up time, I'd buff the V-Rex to be a mini-boss like it should be and alter the structure of the fight.

Things like Voth drones healing the V-Rex, some mech suits and the V-Rex is only vulnerable after clearing waves and that must be done three times.

I do agree wtih "auto beam all parcipates" next to boss area including "sitting ducks", and bosses need dmg redu buffs and hefty one.
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User

I do agree wtih "auto beam all parcipates" next to boss area including "sitting ducks", and bosses need dmg redu buffs and hefty one.

Multiple T-rex depending on the number of players?

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

I've strongly advocated myself that the V-rex become significantly stronger (either having insane resists, or doing way more more dmg). Problem, however, remains, that these are Zones meant for all players, at all levels. So, the Voth BZ cannot become like Fez: just for Elite players. Whilst I can easily handle a V-rex by my lonely self, if need be, my skill tends to be my wallet: like for Space, I always get the best of the best gear, while being at best a medium to low ground player. But way I understood it, new lv. 40 players, with moderate to base gear only yet, also need to be able to survive in these zones. So, there's that too. Good lucking solving this conundrum, Cryptic. :o
      3lsZz0w.jpg
      questerius wrote: »

ohright....thanks for reminding. Not bad if scaling amounts of attend players.
      ...or three differend instances where players are same way "beam" in three differend groups. So probability count gaining at least one rex kill is more better then like its nowadays.

edited May 2023
      meimeitoo wrote: »

I've strongly advocated myself that the V-rex become significantly stronger (either having insane resists, or doing way more more dmg). Problem, however, remains, that these are Zones meant for all players, at all levels. So, the Voth BZ cannot become like Fez: just for Elite players. Whilst I can easily handle a V-rex by my lonely self, if need be, my skill tends to be my wallet: like for Space, I always get the best of the best gear, while being at best a medium to low ground player. But way I understood it, new lv. 40 players, with moderate to base gear only yet, also need to be able to survive in these zones. So, there's that too. Good lucking solving this conundrum, Cryptic. :o

Not sure does they do "scaling" well, but raise a damage on a REX would probably tend to make way ...like you described, but i was only adding a damage recudion so aoe spams etc... will take just longer and some people would able to attent to "tagging". Yes also checking out ende levels wich gives hefty basic bonuses can make a differences. So buffing too much is not solution either like you did say :)
      ...but one of my favourite is that "phase battle" where all are summoned to near area so those who have been either working a furthest corner to gain control and actually start a last bosses has opportunity to attend to a boss battle.

EDIT: i want to say also that lots of other mmorpgs uses this method so its not a new thing. Except maybe back then ina WoW classic era but that was long time ago.. :)
    • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 231 Arc User
      Is it possible to make the Rex fight similar to what they do the Planet Killers in the Undine BZ? Have the V-Rex get an impenetrable shield at x% health and the players have to deactivate said shield while fending off adds? It might add time to the fight, but might just give enough time for the players that were working the Zone a chance to get to the silo and get a few hits for credit before it dies. I don't know...would something like that work?
      ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
      Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
      S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
      T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
      Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
      Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
      Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
      Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
      Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
      Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
      Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
    • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      I could see making it that based on how many of the zone sites you complete prior to the rexes arrival would translate to gaining credit for that rex. Could be something like you need to have completed five to gain a credit for each of the rexes.
    • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
      questerius wrote: »

As much as I like that, I think that it would not slow the Ubers very much.
      u7acy6aymfw7.gif
      We Need BERETS in the tailor
    • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
      Is it possible to make the Rex fight similar to what they do the Planet Killers in the Undine BZ? Have the V-Rex get an impenetrable shield at x% health and the players have to deactivate said shield while fending off adds? It might add time to the fight, but might just give enough time for the players that were working the Zone a chance to get to the silo and get a few hits for credit before it dies. I don't know...would something like that work?

Theoretically possible, however unless you hardlock timegate the mechanic to bring down said shield the minute people figure out the mechanic it will be dealt with as soon as possible, and we're back to square one. Especially if we tie it to an existing mechanic from the Voth Battlezone like the generators on the Artillery points. You'd need something like the canisters from the generator points, but the current map does not support that.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
      edited May 2023
      I for one, had to camp out in the area he was to come out on cause I tried to do the right thing and it was dead before I could get there. So for me killing mechagodzilla is likely not gonna happen again. He is too much of a pain to kill.
      I was actually thinking rather than have a forcefield around him or whatever, put a 60 second timer once he comes out that he cant be attacked giving others a chance to get to him. Originally I thought about 30 sec but it may not be enough.
      Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
      The issue of campers already had some viable solutions posted, the most popular of which is just auto-beam everyone to the command center when the silos become active, but that doesn't solve the problem of speed-demons blinking to the rexes and one-shotting them. For that, I'd like to suggest giving them Hardened Shields - which anyone who plays Starcraft 2 should immediately recognize as the ability Immortals have (or had - I think it was removed at some point) that reduces incoming damage above a certain value to that value (10, if I remember correctly), making them a perfect counter to slow-attacking, hard-hitting units like Siege Tanks, Banelings, Ultralisks and the like.

The rex having an ability like that would mean that no matter how powerful any player is, it cannot ever be one-shotted and would allow slower players a chance to catch up and do some damage themselves.​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • splattysplatty Member Posts: 134 Arc User
      They already have that purple shield around the silo that drops when the t'rex spawns. When it comes back up, if your inside it, you get teleported out. All they need to do is make that larger so no one can reach it (if they try to camp, get teleported out). Or make it like other missions that Arnold gives out that relies on credits as proof of effort. No zone credits, no kill credit (and thus no dil which why they're camping it). Both seem like easy enough using existing mechanics, and to get Cryptic to do anything in a timely manner, it has to be low effort.

As for those wondering why it dies so fast, the Rexs are very weak to a certain energy type, and theres certain kits out there that have abilities to 2 shot them from full health. I had my combat log active to see who was doing what and all the campers were using the same stuff.
    • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
      If one of those abilities is Ball Lightning, that's not really due to any sort of weakness on the Rex's part (enemies in STO don't really have major weaknesses or resists to speak of anyway as Borticus stated several years ago)...it's just that insanely OP - I'm honestly surprised Cryptic hasn't 'fixed' it yet given its fairly widespread use.​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    This discussion has been closed.