test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is the Terran Emperor? (Spoilers)

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    They haven't even decided yet. They've contacted someone and are awaiting an answer... LOL.

Someone probably guessed their first pick, and other people probably guessed the backups, if that's the case then his statement is true regardless of what happens.

Not until they've decided, it isn't.
    Which is something I hope they do soon - in fact, is something that should've already be done.

They have already decided, they're just waiting for their first pick to get back to them, otherwise It's either plan B or Plan C, I could go through the whole alphabet, but that seems like a lot of work, time and effort I can't afford to waste energy on.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    There's some prima facie evidence to suggest the Emperor is, indeed, the player itself. Remember at the end of Firewall? You show up on the bridge of a Terran ship, in a Terran uniform.

Lame, if it's true, but there it is.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Yes...in a Terran UNIFORM - not some ridiculous gaudy excess like Georgiou was wearing.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Yes...in a Terran UNIFORM - not some ridiculous gaudy excess like Georgiou was wearing.​​

Gaudy? It's called fashion, just needed Romulan pointed shoulder pads and a Cardassian neck collar thingy.
    edited October 2021

Not sure how much significance we can attach to the state of the uniform. At the very least it's suggestive of us infiltrating the Terran Empire, at some point (perhaps in the past even?). And from there, envisioning a story in which we become Emperor, is not that far-fetched.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    No, it's not the player character. If it were, there'd be no "waiting on" anybody, because there would be no VO. The character can be any gender, any playable species - there's really no way to voice the role that won't annoy 95% of the players. TRIBBLE, I've got multiple species and genders represented just among the captains on my account!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Alright, I might be setting myself up for disappointment and it's OK if that's what ends up happening, but after realizing a possibly coincidental aligning of two releases I've managed to convince myself that Picard will be the Emperor.

Yes, it's true that Patrick Stewart will not be cheap, but I think CBS would be willing to help with that if his appearance could be used as marketing for Picard season 2, and season 2 starts airing in February which is the only predictable time for a STO content drop because of the anniversary event.

Like I said I could just be setting myself up for disappointment, but if Picard WERE to ever appear in the game this would be the best opportunity for it to happen.

That would definitely be awesome. Also, I'm sure he would record dialogue not just for the mirror version but also for other stuff they would do in the future with the prime version, or possibly also replace existing "nobody" NPCs with Picard. Pretty sure they already have a "Picard stand-in" NPC in the Dyson sphere missions just waiting to be replaced if they ever got Stewart to do VO.

But yeah, I agree it's not likely.

Posted by Faxmachine
    from reddit compilation of Ten Forward Weekly 9/29/2021

*We will see the Emperor by the end of the arc
    *The Emperor is not 100% decided yet. They know who they want the Emperor to be, and have reached out to them, but they haven't come back saying yes yet.

If Al could wave a magic wand and bring in someone in to do some VO work..., he said a while ago that it would've been Patrick Stewart :)
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Alright, I might be setting myself up for disappointment and it's OK if that's what ends up happening, but after realizing a possibly coincidental aligning of two releases I've managed to convince myself that Picard will be the Emperor.

Yes, it's true that Patrick Stewart will not be cheap, but I think CBS would be willing to help with that if his appearance could be used as marketing for Picard season 2, and season 2 starts airing in February which is the only predictable time for a STO content drop because of the anniversary event.

Like I said I could just be setting myself up for disappointment, but if Picard WERE to ever appear in the game this would be the best opportunity for it to happen.

That would definitely be awesome. Also, I'm sure he would record dialogue not just for the mirror version but also for other stuff they would do in the future with the prime version, or possibly also replace existing "nobody" NPCs with Picard. Pretty sure they already have a "Picard stand-in" NPC in the Dyson sphere missions just waiting to be replaced if they ever got Stewart to do VO.

Posted by Faxmachine

*The Emperor is not 100% decided yet. They know who they want the Emperor to be, and have reached out to them, but they haven't come back saying yes yet.

If Al could wave a magic wand and bring in someone in to do some VO work..., he said a while ago that it would've been Patrick Stewart :)

I think Paddy would want a lot more than just a cameo. Let's face it, he's producing Picard, he put his foot down in First Contact, because originally he was supposed to be on Earth and it was Riker and Troi on the Enterprise fighting the Borg. If he were to do it, he's want an ample role to say the least.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    They haven't even decided yet. They've contacted someone and are awaiting an answer... LOL.

Someone probably guessed their first pick, and other people probably guessed the backups, if that's the case then his statement is true regardless of what happens.

Not until they've decided, it isn't.
    Which is something I hope they do soon - in fact, is something that should've already be done.

They have already decided, they're just waiting for their first pick to get back to them, otherwise It's either plan B or Plan C, I could go through the whole alphabet, but that seems like a lot of work, time and effort I can't afford to waste energy on.

They can have plan A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, L, I, J, K, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y or Z (took me 30 seconds, so no work, time or effort to waste any energy on), but until they have confirmation and the voice over is done and put into the appropriate episode(s): no, they haven't decided. Enjoy the rest of the discussion.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    jonsills wrote: »
    No, it's not the player character. If it were, there'd be no "waiting on" anybody, because there would be no VO. The character can be any gender, any playable species - there's really no way to voice the role that won't annoy 95% of the players. TRIBBLE, I've got multiple species and genders represented just among the captains on my account!

Yeah, if they're doing VO, it obviously can't be the player (which is a good thing, btw). In that case, I stand by my original notion that it will likely be Bashir. He has just the right amount of arrogance, especially in an evil incarnation, and is genetically enhanced enough to naturally grab the role.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Yeah out of memory I got an Alien gen female, Andorian Female, Romulan Female, Reman Female, an Orion Female, 2 Human males, a human Female, a male Klingon, a female (DSC) Klingon and a Jem'Hadar in my captain ranks and I might have missed one or 2 in there, that would be a near possible task to get the VO right in a way I would be fine with results (especially since my Alien Gen captain is from a species that's my own invention and thus the Devs would have no point of view into her personality and culture).

And just being Generic here would leave a lot of people very angry, it's one thing for the text boxes to be generic as you can justify them as "script notes" that say the essence of what our characters say rather then the exact words they use.

Posted by Faxmachine

what if the Terran Emperor is Locutus of Borg, Mirror Picard could have been assimilated and freed at one point, but instead kept his implants rather than removing them.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I mean, it would be good if it were 'Smiley' O'Brian or Bashier, we know both of them were alive at the end of the DS9 mirror episodes unlike most of the characters suggested here where it would be impossible for them to be alive due to the fall of the Terran Empire from their time and as said Bashier at least has already voiced in the game and it would be nice to at least hear what happened to their characters.

Yea these are likely a good guess, I mean they did imply on one recent stream they would like to get Obrien in game I thought.

Still I'd love Wesley as an Evil Emperor, or even Bashir, same with O'Brian. To me it didn't make sense have Admiral Quinn, still be a Admiral given it's the mirror. Would have made more sense if he was one of the Tactical or Technicians... After all Tilley was just an Ensign in Discovery, yet showed as a Captain in the Mirror.
    0zxlclk.png
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I mean, it would be good if it were 'Smiley' O'Brian or Bashier, we know both of them were alive at the end of the DS9 mirror episodes unlike most of the characters suggested here where it would be impossible for them to be alive due to the fall of the Terran Empire from their time and as said Bashier at least has already voiced in the game and it would be nice to at least hear what happened to their characters.

I'm not sure if old Siddig would come back...they weren't exactly kind to him with his toon. I mean, he only got DS9 because of his looks and because Malcolm McDowell was his uncle, because he certainly couldn't act, but if they also make him look like he did in "Distant Voices"...yeesh.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    It seems very likely that will finally find out who the Terran Emperor is.

All we know for certain is, its a male, he's a Terran, and he has become obsessed with some technology.

Some likely contenders have been suggested:

Wesley Crusher
    Jean Luc Picard
    Mirror Lorca
    Garth of Izar
    Kirk
    Prime Lorca
    Zephram Cochrane
    some new character
    disguised Gul Dukat
    2 tellarites in a trenchcoat
    Daniels

so who do you think it is, who do you want it to be?

It would have made sense for Zephram to have been the first ever Emperor...or, most logically Khan.

Why the first Emperor when the Empire can be traced back to at least the early 1950s?
    lnblade wrote: »
    who it is? do NOT click if you don't wanna know
    you
    Your solution doesn't work. The emperor is always referred to as he/him.

Presumed to male, hardly anyone has actually seen the Emperor according to doff assignments.
    you

In this age of pronoun ambiguity and fluid genders, are you seriously advancing that as an objection?
    Given that this is a role playing game and the number one thing you don't do in a role playing game is define another player's character for them, yes. But even setting gender aside, that particular theory also doesn't account for non-human PCs. The human supremacist Terran Empire would never have a non-human as emperor, and they especially wouldn't have any of the KDF/Alliance aligned species leading them. The emperor is not the PC.

Emperor Spock… just saying
    stolok wrote: »
    Emperor Barclay? He's a screwup in the main universe. Maybe's he's really dangerous in the mirror universe?

Alternatively, the Emperor might not be human but good at pretending to be human. Trelaine from TOS? It would be a cool gag.

Unlikely, there are Mirror Universe comics that seem to be in continuity with STO (the Mirror Galaxy-X is from there) which’s features Barclay. Not to spoil anything but he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that could become Emperor.
    If not for the need for it to be voiced, I'd say the player is the Emperor - that would make the best twist from a gameplay and story perspective.

Also, how entertaining would it be to have to fight your own ship in-game or fight yourself on ground using all your existing powers, traits, kit modules, weapons, and skills.

Replay the mission, check out the device on your mirror counterparts neck at the end, possible voice modulator?
    edited October 2021
    I can say this....someone in this thread is right. :)

Care to tell us who?
    edited October 2021
    Flaming/trolling redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I definitely agree we are not the emperor but it does bring to mind that there are a lot of high ranking aliens in an empire that doesn't like taking orders from aliens. You have Leeta, Kuumarke and the mirror player possibly.
    you

In this age of pronoun ambiguity and fluid genders, are you seriously advancing that as an objection?
    Given that this is a role playing game and the number one thing you don't do in a role playing game is define another player's character for them, yes. But even setting gender aside, that particular theory also doesn't account for non-human PCs. The human supremacist Terran Empire would never have a non-human as emperor, and they especially wouldn't have any of the KDF/Alliance aligned species leading them. The emperor is not the PC.

It won't be Spock, just sayin'. My TOS knowledge is limited, but, if memory serves well, in the original TOS episode with the Mirror universe, it was Mirror Spock, in the end, who, thru his logic, began to see that Evil Empires, to put it a bit childishly, were unsustainable. He was meant to be the catalyst, as it were, for the Mirror side to turn themselves eventually (a beautiful, uplifting message of the era, come to think of it).

And good luck finding a VO for Spock; and better luck fending off the the rage of the Trekkies when you do.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    kayajay wrote: »
    It seems very likely that will finally find out who the Terran Emperor is.

All we know for certain is, its a male, he's a Terran, and he has become obsessed with some technology.

Some likely contenders have been suggested:

Wesley Crusher
    Jean Luc Picard
    Mirror Lorca
    Garth of Izar
    Kirk
    Prime Lorca
    Zephram Cochrane
    some new character
    disguised Gul Dukat
    2 tellarites in a trenchcoat
    Daniels

so who do you think it is, who do you want it to be?

It would have made sense for Zephram to have been the first ever Emperor...or, most logically Khan.

Why the first Emperor when the Empire can be traced back to at least the early 1950s?

Mirror data? Or his brother? There was that time traveling incident to rosswell.

I just realized this in another thread. The characters with the new goofy eyes have something to do with the mirror universe story. Lukari woman is one of the oldest to be changed. If we follow the goofy eyes will it follow the mirror universe story. maybe it's a hint to the characters being effected in the main universe somehow.

Lukari women: When was she changed to goofy cartoon eyes?
    Leeta: Just recently changed.
    Bajor citizens: When was this done.

I forget the others. I know there are more. If we follow when the changes happen and to whom, maybe it will reveal something.

I think entire species or missions had people changed to cartoon eyes. One of them was bajor in relation to the last mirror story arc. I don't know when it was changes but the bajor people were given cartoon eyes. The head preistest has them to this day.

The bajor priestess has them in the mission on mirror bajor I use to farm terran ground kills. And also in the one in the caves where I farm the hurq attendents.
    edited October 2021
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    you

It won't be Spock, just sayin'. My TOS knowledge is limited, but, if memory serves well, in the original TOS episode with the Mirror universe, it was Mirror Spock, in the end, who, thru his logic, began to see that Evil Empires, to put it a bit childishly, were unsustainable. He was meant to be the catalyst, as it were, for the Mirror side to turn themselves eventually (a beautiful, uplifting message of the era, come to think of it).

And good luck finding a VO for Spock; and better luck fending off the the rage of the Trekkies when you do.

I never said it were Spock…
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    you

Presumed to male, hardly anyone has actually seen the Emperor according to doff assignments.

Admiral Leeta has seen the Emperor and she refers to the Emperor as 'him'.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Admiral Leeta has seen the Emperor and she refers to the Emperor as 'him'.

"Him" may be a preferred pronoun and not an automatic indicator of gender.
    If he says he's a him, I for one will take him at his word. Doubly so because he's the Terran Emperor, and can have you stuck into an agony booth for twenty years if you displease him.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
This discussion has been closed.