test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is the Terran Emperor? (Spoilers)

kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 858 Arc User
It seems very likely that will finally find out who the Terran Emperor is.

All we know for certain is, its a male, he's a Terran, and he has become obsessed with some technology.

Some likely contenders have been suggested:

Wesley Crusher
Jean Luc Picard
Mirror Lorca
Garth of Izar
Kirk
Prime Lorca
Zephram Cochrane
some new character
disguised Gul Dukat
2 tellarites in a trenchcoat
Daniels

so who do you think it is, who do you want it to be?
I redact NOTHING
bvpbRd1.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Personally I would cross Kirk off this list, this game tries to stick canon as close as possible, while Emperor Kirk is a possibly, it's still a one in a million chance, since the Shatnerverse is basically non-canon, add in the fact that William Shatner would be quite expensive to do VO work with I have say it would be a hard no, however I would be surprised if he actually did become Terran Emperor in STO.
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Prime lorca maybe. But mirror lorca is dead we saw him die. As my grandmother used to say about her soaps if you don't see a body they're not dead. Prime Lorca we never saw him get killed. Prime Lorca would be a stretch to still be alive in 2410.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    darthorici wrote: »
    Prime lorca maybe. But mirror lorca is dead we saw him die. As my grandmother used to say about her soaps if you don't see a body they're not dead. Prime Lorca we never saw him get killed. Prime Lorca would be a stretch to still be alive in 2410.

We saw Hugh Culber die too - he's still alive.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    What if it's Shinzon, we know the Emperor is Terran, but we haven't ruled out the possibly of said Terran being a Clone.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    William Shatner would be quite expensive to do VO work

That's the least of their problems when it comes to Shatner, according to Kael years ago he got pissed off at Cryptic over something that happened on Twitter, blocked the official STO Twitter account, and refused to ever talk to them in the future.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Mirror 7 of 9
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    Mirror Boimler
    Spock.jpg

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    I stand by my choice - it's very likely going to be Wesley...he's a widely-hated joke of a character in Prime, to the point even his actor loathes the character, so Cryptic would never be able to get him to reprise that role - but a badass mirror counterpart? They just might be able to swing that - and his actor's probably not too overly expensive, unlike someone like Sir Patrick Stewart or William Shatner.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Yeah, just repeating the point made by others, but it's almost certainly dependent upon the VO work. So you can cross of anyone super expensive off your list.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Also, isn't such a damn shame that the VO work is what determines the story now? Like, all the story logic of who the terran emperor could or should be doesn't actually matter, because it's all about who they can afford for the part. I know VO is cool, but part of me would rather it actually be some big A-lister even if they can only get the likeness rights for an NPC and not the actual VO.

It's just so weird to have a Star Trek MMO that will never have Kirk or Picard in it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    What if it's Shinzon, we know the Emperor is Terran, but we haven't ruled out the possibly of said Terran being a Clone.

It would be awesome if they got Tom Hardy into this game
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Mirror Peanut Hamper?!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Yeah, just repeating the point made by others, but it's almost certainly dependent upon the VO work. So you can cross of anyone super expensive off your list.

Not saying it is but I could envision they having Steward because some kind of cross promotion deal regarding Star Trek Picards next season.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    It seems very likely that will finally find out who the Terran Emperor is.

All we know for certain is, its a male, he's a Terran, and he has become obsessed with some technology.

Some likely contenders have been suggested:

Wesley Crusher
    Jean Luc Picard
    Mirror Lorca
    Garth of Izar
    Kirk
    Prime Lorca
    Zephram Cochrane
    some new character
    disguised Gul Dukat
    2 tellarites in a trenchcoat
    Daniels

so who do you think it is, who do you want it to be?

It would have made sense for Zephram to have been the first ever Emperor...or, most logically Khan.
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    who it is? do NOT click if you don't wanna know
    you
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
    kurtron wrote: »

It would be awesome if they got Tom Hardy into this game

didn't even realize he was played by the same guy as Venom, he's looks so different now.
    you

Yeah, OK, I played Firewall and saw that part at the end, but are we sure that was The Emperor?
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    you
    Your solution doesn't work. The emperor is always referred to as he/him.
    edited September 2021
    lnblade wrote: »
    you

In this age of pronoun ambiguity and fluid genders, are you seriously advancing that as an objection?
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    you

I admit my suspicions of that were piqued as well, but we'll have to see.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    you

In this age of pronoun ambiguity and fluid genders, are you seriously advancing that as an objection?
    Given that this is a role playing game and the number one thing you don't do in a role playing game is define another player's character for them, yes. But even setting gender aside, that particular theory also doesn't account for non-human PCs. The human supremacist Terran Empire would never have a non-human as emperor, and they especially wouldn't have any of the KDF/Alliance aligned species leading them. The emperor is not the PC.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    you

That individual is only a Rear Admiral, so I doubt that's the Terran emperor considering Mirror Quinn should out rank them.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.