test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kael is asking for your dilithium sink ideas

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,019 Community Moderator
    Yea. We're not going to ever have a housing system like FF14's. IF we were to ever have one, the best route would be to adapt existing systems.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Personally I think the easiest route would be to expand the current Trophy system that's been pretty much forgotten about with ship interiors. Have set nodes we can customize on our ship interiors.
    It won't be anything like FF14's system. More like TOR's but probably a bit more limited.

So for example, using the Captain's Quarters, the bed is a node that can work with other beds, the desk, the chairs, the table, maybe some wall nodes where the paintings are, and maybe a few blank nodes on the floor for additional options.
    And these things could cost Dilithium for new styles. Would not only give some more functionality to ship interiors like everyone wants, but uses systems we already have in place as well.

The main source of work would be rigging the existing interiors to do this, and making various items for the nodes.

Unfortunately I don't know how much work that would entail, and since we haven't had any new trophies in years there's no telling if they still even have the notes from the Dev that originally made the trophies.

there is a problem, some ships don't have interior, just a bridge. :p
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    IF we were to ever have one, the best route would be to adapt existing systems.

Yup, IMO the best way for housing would really be to add customizable captain's quarters to ship-interiors. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options
    there is a problem, some ships don't have interior, just a bridge. :p

While true, the majority of ships players have access to (Normal and C-Store) do have access to the stock interiors. And honestly the issue of lack of lower decks can be rectified by just enabling a turbolift to access the stock lower decks. Would pretty much be a hack job that wouldn't fit visually with some bridges, but it would be a thing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Um... its not broken. It doesn't HAVE nodes for trophies at all. Can't break what's not there. Also for the record the only canon Fed interiors with trophy nodes is the TOS Connie and Belfast interiors. And I would kinda say that the Belfast interior is debatable because the trophy nodes are in what I would consider a closet, not the mess hall or Captain's Quarters.
    Intrepid and Galaxy interiors don't have nodes either. Its literally just the older, pre-existing stock interiors.
  • Options
    Um... its not broken. It doesn't HAVE nodes for trophies at all. Can't break what's not there. Also for the record the only canon Fed interiors with trophy nodes is the TOS Connie and Belfast interiors. And I would kinda say that the Belfast interior is debatable because the trophy nodes are in what I would consider a closet, not the mess hall or Captain's Quarters.
    Intrepid and Galaxy interiors don't have nodes either. Its literally just the older, pre-existing stock interiors.

However, not being there could still be considered broken in the way that A has it while B doesn't.

And there's a fix for that, just tied to a wee bit of work: Reworking interiors so trophies are more universal (so there's actually a point in getting those), and adding customizable captain's quarters, perhaps even make the ready-room more flexible.

• Options
    However, not being there could still be considered broken in the way that A has it while B doesn't.

And there's a fix for that, just tied to a wee bit of work: Reworking interiors so trophies are more universal (so there's actually a point in getting those), and adding customizable captain's quarters, perhaps even make the ready-room more flexible.

Which again would play into using existing systems for a player housing system.
    I think the main hurdle would be the fact that we haven't gotten any new trophies in years, which may stem from the fact that the Dev who worked on that system no longer works for Cryptic and they may not be able to add to that system anymore.
  • Options
    kimifan81#7462 kimifan81 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    How about Character Species/Gender change and Rename for dilithium?
    I'd buy 3 of those in a heartbeat. For example, I should have made my KDF Delta recruit be a female or even better, Alien or Nausicaan rather than Klingon. That could be something that might interest people. I know I'm interested.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    So, Cryptic just moved appearance change tokens, rename tokens and loadout slots over in Neverwinter from the zen store to the Wondrous Bazaar (their version of the dil store)...they should probably do the same thing here for equivalent items. There is absolutely no need to have minor QoL items as zen - especially given they make most of their money from ships and keys, not any of those things.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    balagee69#3927 balagee69 Member Posts: 2 New User
    That is quite an assumption, and one I see no practical evidence of being true.
  • Options
    That is quite an assumption, and one I see no practical evidence of being true.

Just because we end users can't see it doesn't mean its not there. We can customize our BOffs almost to the same degree we can customize our Captains. And some people have a LOT of BOffs, which is a lot of data to keep track of. Even if we could see that, we're not programmers so we wouldn't be able to make sense of the raw data that Cryptic has access to.

On the other hand, DOffs are just basically stat cards with no customization. Less data to process even when you have upwards of 500 DOffs on a character.
  • Options
    sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Outside of things that would worsen the game's power creep, here are possible dill sinks I can think of.
    1. Instant level up token. Usable on characters level 64 or lower to immediately level them up.
    2. Instant Starship Mastery. After one character masters a ship, any character on the same account who obtains the same ship can spend a dill fee to instantly master it.
    3. Change the reputation buyout cost from Zen to dill with a rate of 10-15 dill per reputation point needed.
  • Options
    payback99payback99 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    If they did player housing I think it would have to be on the player's ship.

Putting it somewhere else Drozana, or Risa, doesn;t really work with how much we are moving around the game map for everything.

Just have it as holodeck housing. That way you can access it from your ship and stations/planets. It would also then allow you to place famous characters and stuff in there.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I hope everyone contributing to this thread realizes that Kael never once intended to consider or even read anything you suggest. Their actions have made it clear that they don't care about Dilex and asking for suggestions was a short term band-aid for the player base much like the Vanity Shield Promo (which actually was a good idea.)

I am not bashing on anyone for contributing ideas, I did so as well, but I think we all knew when we realized it was Kael asking that there was never any serious intent to listen. Everyone that contributed to this thread though, kudos to you.. they won't do anything, but at least now they can't make some ludicrous claim that the player base doesn't care and didn't answer the call.

There are some really good ideas in this thread, it's a shame that none of them will ever materialize.

Oh but hey.. good news.. there is yet another sale on R&D Boxes.. that should fix us right up!! :lol::lol::lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I hope everyone contributing to this thread realizes that Kael never once intended to consider or even read anything you suggest. Their actions have made it clear that they don't care about Dilex and asking for suggestions was a short term band-aid for the player base much like the Vanity Shield Promo (which actually was a good idea.)

I am not bashing on anyone for contributing ideas, I did so as well, but I think we all knew when we realized it was Kael asking that there was never any serious intent to listen. Everyone that contributed to this thread though, kudos to you.. they won't do anything, but at least now they can't make some ludicrous claim that the player base doesn't care and didn't answer the call.

There are some really good ideas in this thread, it's a shame that none of them will ever materialize.

Oh but hey.. good news.. there is yet another sale on R&D Boxes.. that should fix us right up!! :lol::lol::lol:

So right. If Kael were truly interested why did he not post a thread himself? I can't remember the last time I noticed him grace these forums with his presence. One thing they could do straight away is stop making the problem worse with the never ending stream of sales and special offers. Cryptic know they already have the perfect "dil sink". It's called the Zen store.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    How about Doff Assignment Slots (3 fleet, 20 normal, 17 extra with dilithium)?
    How about better weaponry from reputations for more dilithium (Epic MK XV)?
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    "Kael is asking for your dilithium sink ideas"

Simple:

Add ZEN to buy with dilithium.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    How about Doff Assignment Slots (3 fleet, 20 normal, 17 extra with dilithium)?
    How about better weaponry from reputations for more dilithium (Epic MK XV)?

These are good suggestions! Too bad Kael's question was just a token one.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    These are good suggestions! Too bad Kael's question was just a token one.

Kael was probably told to ask. Not as a token, but because Bort wanted to know if his ideas lined up with the player's ones.
  • Options
    totenmet wrote: »
    "Kael is asking for your dilithium sink ideas"

Simple:

Add ZEN to buy with dilithium.

No. Zen is a currency that requires real world money. It is a source of income that keeps the game running. You don't convert your cash money currency to one you don't have to pay a cent for like that unless you want to end the game from lack of funding.

And before you mention the Dilithium Exchange, that Zen is still purchased by someone, meaning Cryptic still gets money out of it. Who spends the Zen after that is of no concern and the player selling the zen traded it for dilithium.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

So right. If Kael were truly interested why did he not post a thread himself? I can't remember the last time I noticed him grace these forums with his presence. One thing they could do straight away is stop making the problem worse with the never ending stream of sales and special offers. Cryptic know they already have the perfect "dil sink". It's called the Zen store.

I'd say the reason Kael isn't in here is that he's got other things to do as far as being a community manager.

In terms of the streams of sales & special offers, they likely won't stop those because those are what help them get the money in the first place. Remember that they do not make ANYTHING off of f2p players like me who depend on the dilithium exchange for zen. They make their money from the people buying zen.

The C-store also is NOT a sink for dilithium. Here's a good reminder of what I count as sinks for Dilithium:

- Fleet holdings, as they require massive inputs of dilithium to build up. It's no longer a good because the large fleets always have a surplus amount due to their members so they complete all these projects with ease.

- Phoenix box: Back when the box was shiny & new, it used to be a good sink as it contained stuff that most players wanted to get. However, as time went on, it became less & less effective.

An effective sink has to be something that players WANT to put their dilithium towards AND has to be something that cannot be immediately exhausted so that the economy can benefit from it.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    I'd say the reason Kael isn't in here is that he's got other things to do as far as being a community manager.

This. He's got not only the forums, he's got Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, whatever else the Devs want him working on...
    He's only one man. And he's got three volunteer mods here on the forums to help get his attention if something comes up here that we need to shoot up the chain.
This discussion has been closed.