What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kael is asking for your dilithium sink ideas

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited August 2021
    The problem is that it didn't come across as levity, as shown by my response. It came across more trollish. If that's how it looked to me, odds are others would see it in a similar light as well, and may result in people reporting that post for mod review.

The main thing was putting emphesis on "making the game FUNCTIONAL" as if it is unplayable broken in some form, which some have used as a form of attack on the Devs.

The intent may have been to lighten the mood, but the delivery felt a bit more like an attack at worst, and being a troll at best.

I think anyone who enjoys the game would want more server stability or things to work better. I won't dispute that. But again... intent doesn't always translate well with text alone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dragonmalice12dragonmalice12 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Fair enough - better? :)
  • Options
    >:) IT IS AN AFFRONT TO LIFERS!

;) good enough honestly. And if it hasn't been said yet, welcome to the forums.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    And if it hasn't been said yet, welcome to the forums.

Believe it or not they've been here longer than you, but just haven't posted as much :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    I wouldn't know.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    New direction - paying dilithium for VIP status! ... That's right! For a mere 1 million dilithium, you can make the game more fun... to... play!

Thanks for a good laugh. I really enjoyed the humor in your post :smile:
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    I know I have brought this up years ago, but there is still the option to increase the Fleet Credit payout for donating dilithium for fleet projects. The current ratio is 1:1, 1 Fleet Credit for every Refined Dilithium Ore donated but I still believe that people will be more inclined to donate dilithium if the return on their donation was worth more... say 3:1 or 5:1

Obviously, since dil can be converted to zen, and many things can be purchased with dilithium, the impact of this change will not be as "big", but it is one way to making a long-term change to an already existing dil-sink and make it more viable.

1 Fleet Credit per Refined Dilithium donated.
    50 Fleet Credits per Fleet Mark donated.
    250 Fleet Credits for a Common Doff donated.

In the long run, though, the solution to the problem is simply to limit the sources of dilthium in the game, thus making it worth more. Spamming us with Events with 25k dil payouts and another mass payout of 8k+ dil per day afterwards does nothing but contribute to an already escalating problem with the dilex and Cryptic loses their ability to "monetize" (their favorite word, mind you) because people will be less inclined to pay money when they can do weekly, bi-weekley, monthly, etc. event grinding and feel less of a need to pay actual money into the game as a result of al these sources of dilithium.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I don't think that's the solution at all. The problem isn't the supply of dilithium; it's a shortage of zen sellers, caused by a shortage of things that the zen sellers can spend dilithium on that they do not already have.

It's a combination of both. The reason they don't have anything to spend dilithium on is two fold, first because there aren't enough valuable items that cost dilithium, and second is the fact that supply is so high that what little there is they already have from just doing all these non stop events.

You're right on everything you said, but the Dilithium Supply is also WAY too high. It won't change though because Cryptic has shown that under no circumstances will they relent from this constant barrage of events. They continue to claim that they're so people have 'something to do' even though people are asking over and over for a break, even a short one.

Nothing you said is wrong, but Dilithium Supply is way too high. In the event that a potential Zen seller does need Dilithium for something, they more then likely already have it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rhapses1rhapses1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Kael will probably never see this but eh - maybe someone else will and like it - many ripples can make great waves after all.

SHIP UPGRADES
    Spend Dil to upgrade a specific stat on a ship with diminishing returns on each attempt. Make the caps modest (e.g. Max 20-30% boost) but the diminishing returns leading to very large investment required to do so (possibly into millions to achieve). As it is per ship, it could be a near limitless sink and provides something useful for min/maxers. It also is a tangible reward for continuing to play the game. I know I change ships according to mood, so I'd be forever spending to upgrade various ships I prefer to use.

BOOSTS
    Temporarily stat boosters. E.g. 10000 dil for 10% Beam damage boost for 24 hours. It then becomes another throw away for min/maxers. Although personally I'm not sure I'd use this one but it certainly is another sink.
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    The problem with the Phoenix packs is that making them permanently available was a mistake. When they were only around at certain times they created a noticeable drop in the dil:zen exchange rates because they caused a spike in demand for dilithium, by making them available all the time that effect goes away.
  • Options
    lleutenantdanlleutenantdan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Lockbox keys.

Now, hear me out. What does the game benefit the most from? People spending money to get keys to open lockboxes. Okay, but why not leave them as zen-store exclusives? Because it is of high value. People will trade copious amounts of dilithium to get zen. Zen then buys keys to get the new and shiny ships. But WHAT IF there was a Lockbox key weekend event? Buy as many keys as you want with dilithium for one weekend only.

You could package them as bundles:

1 key = 65,000 dilithium
    5 keys = 280,000 dilithium
    10 keys = 550,000 dilithium

But also leave keys on the zen store as well, so people can get them more easily as part of the key-ring bundle in the zen store, or 1, 5 and 10 packs in the dilithium store. This will both increase the value of dilithium to the playerbase and reduce the overall hoarding of dilithium and zen that tends to happen. I, myself would be more inclined to buy keys with surplus dilithium rather than zen because dilithium cannot buy the legendary bundles and account-unlockable ships.
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    I wonder if phoenix box rewards became tradable would this increase dilithium demand ?
  • Options
    I wonder if phoenix box rewards became tradable would this increase dilithium demand ?
    It would be a net negative for the game. Unless you want to encourage sweat-farmer accounts to swoop in.

I fairly sure sto already has those. But maybe your right.
  • Options
    I think adding some sort of fleet refiting system to the game allowing one to get alternate seating on existing ships, would be a great way to sink dilithium. Even more so if you could change the ships subtype. Say making a dreadnought, into a flightdeck cruiser or battlecruiser.
  • Options
    I think adding some sort of fleet refiting system to the game allowing one to get alternate seating on existing ships, would be a great way to sink dilithium. Even more so if you could change the ships subtype. Say making a dreadnought, into a flightdeck cruiser or battlecruiser.

Would cut directly into Cryptic's income as one of their primary sources is selling ships. If people could refit existing ships to their personal playstyles, they'd never be able to sell any new ships.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »

Would cut directly into Cryptic's income as one of their primary sources is selling ships. If people could refit existing ships to their personal playstyles, they'd never be able to sell any new ships.
    They would be cryptic chosen seating and changing subtype. It wouldn't be that freeform. Also you could sell refit tokens with it as a zen tax, like fleet modules.

This discussion has been closed.