test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What should the next story arc be about?

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    They could always do lesser-used animalistic species - like something vaguely resembling Terran elephants, coming from a high-gravity world.

Or is it low-gravity world...? I forget which type of world would evolve a squat, bulky type of lifeform and which would evolve a thin, tall and lanky type of lifeform.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    altston1909#2309 altston1909 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    They could always do lesser-used animalistic species - like something vaguely resembling Terran elephants, coming from a high-gravity world.

Or is it low-gravity world...? I forget which type of world would evolve a squat, bulky type of lifeform and which would evolve a thin, tall and lanky type of lifeform.​​

Bulky and shorter - High gravity
    Thin and taller - Low gravity

Square-cube law

Am I the only one that would love to see General Korok in STO?
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Maybe have arc where we have to defend Augments against the Borg.
  • Options
    Another idea would be visiting the Orion homeworld and helping Melani D'ian deal with some upstart, would be great to meet her in person.
  • Options
    I would like to meet the leaders of all the Klingon Empire's various allies and vassals at least once - so King Slathis, Melani D'ian, whoever the leader of the Nausicaans and Letheans are and Head Patriarch Rusizth M’vssi​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I would like to meet the leaders of all the Klingon Empire's various allies and vassals at least once - so King Slathis, Melani D'ian, whoever the leader of the Nausicaans and Letheans are and Head Patriarch Rusizth M’vssi​​

Do Nausicaans and Letheans have a single the same way as the others have?
  • Options
    Probably not since they're both basically long-term mercs as far as their position in the Empire, but SOMEONE had to speak for them and sign the contracts.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Cryptic originally did have an augment story/TFO planned years ago.

There's some conflicting information if it was a whole 5 episode arc, or just a TFO, but there was at least going to be a TFO called Asgard, that would be a combined ground/space TFO. In the first part you would fight the USS Asgard, a Federation ship stolen by the Augments, in a ST2 Mutara Nebula style battle, then you would board the ship, fight your way to the bridge, and then arrest them all.

This was going to be a sequel to the Facility 4028 mission, where the leader of the Augment group escapes, but, IIRC, it got canned because Cryptic was bought by Perfect world, and shifted over to New Romulus/LoR

Plus Augments are pretty easy to make, just create a human in alien gen and give them Physical Strength trait.
  • Options
    trekfangrrrl#6910 trekfangrrrl Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Cryptic originally did have an augment story/TFO planned years ago.

There's some conflicting information if it was a whole 5 episode arc, or just a TFO, but there was at least going to be a TFO called Asgard, that would be a combined ground/space TFO. In the first part you would fight the USS Asgard, a Federation ship stolen by the Augments, in a ST2 Mutara Nebula style battle. Then you would board the ship, fight your way to the bridge, and then arrest them all.

This was going to be a sequel to the Facility 4028 mission, where the leader of the Augment group escapes, but, IIRC, it got canned because Cryptic was bought by Perfect world, and shifted over to New Romulus/LoR

It got released on test server one time but then they took it off again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx37KJkexsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Gf9Mfkc-o
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Another idea would be visiting the Orion homeworld and helping Melani D'ian deal with some upstart, would be great to meet her in person.

Whatever the Orion homeworld was originally, it is probably long gone. The Orions prefer star systems with big hot blue-white stars and so they were probably sort of a fluke to develop into a starfaring race before the star changed stages and killed it assuming they pick star systems similar to the one they developed in.

They are a very old peoples (they probably knew the Kalandans before the plague killed them off since throwaway dialog in TOS puts Orions in space at the very least a millennia ago), and their civilization is in the midst of a long dark ages at the moment but were quite advanced before their fall (Dr. Korbie specialized in studying Orion ruins and discovered quite a bit of advanced Orion medical knowledge that revolutionized Federation medical science for instance).

Ter'jas Mor is just where one of the strongest Orion factions (the Syndicate) recently moved to (though it would be interesting to go there, especially since we have almost nothing directly about Orions in the game). Quark briefly mentions the other big faction is the Free Traders Association (or something to that effect, it has been a while since I saw that episode). They have colonies all over the place, though most of them are probably on the 'southern' edge of the Federation/Klingon border fairly near to Organia where Rigel (the previous capital) is.

Some of them were even in Federation territory, like Pi³ Orionis which (according to DS9) is directly between DS9 and Earth, those are probably were Tendi and Gaila came from.

Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on
  • Options
    altston1909#2309 altston1909 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Is that guy playing with the Queen?
  • Options
    edited May 2021

All I see is more of a reason for a Playable Borg Faction, I know they will never do it, but I will pay big money to... "Assimilate other species biological and technological distinctiveness to our own, their culture will adapt to service us, Resistance is futile."
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    If we do go back to the DQ hopefully they explain how an Ocampa is working as Admiral Quinn's aide.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Linnea was always there, right from the start...or at least right from when I started playing in late January 2012 - right outside Quinn's office, when it used to be that enclosed room with no windows letting people leer in at him on old ESD.

There's even a screenshot on her wiki page showing her pre-season 9 look.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    How about a story arc we stumble into a Tal Shiar outpost full of clones, with some cloning pods having Tovans, other Eliza Flores, some having Tarsis and Evelyns, even a few K'gans would explain why we have so many captains are running around with the same first officers and we can use this to bring back dead villains like Hakeev, Gaul and who else did we kill off? probably wasn't very memorial if I can't remember them.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    How about a story arc we stumble into a Tal Shiar outpost full of clones, with some cloning pods having Tovans, other Eliza Flores, some having Tarsis and Evelyns, even a few K'gans would explain why we have so many captains are running around with the same first officers and we can use this to bring back dead villains like Hakeev, Gaul and who else did we kill off? probably wasn't very memorial if I can't remember them.

That would have made Gre'thor more interesting...
  • Options
    I still wanna know just what E'genn's 'Biological Sample' actually was...oh, all the rude jokes that kept coming up about that until they removed MA.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Year of terrons
    Year of remulans
    Year of haderps
    Year of the ur-quan-masters
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    We should definitely check on other species, the Gorn are one of the few species that aren't really fleshed out, so far we all know about them is that they're very territorial, they have females, they're great engineers and with their excellent rock throwing skills they would also make for great baseball pitchers but we don't know anything else about their society or culture.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I'd like an arc about building or establishing something. Two examples which could have been done previously (purely to give an idea of what I'm talking about) would be the refit ESD, and the Dranuur colony.

I know it's quite difficult in an MMO to have things spring up around the player as they progress like you can in a single player game, but I'm sure some creative writing could be done in order to suggest this happening as the story arc progresses.
  • Options
    That's what New Khitomer is for - since the old one was trashed by J'mpok.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

This discussion has been closed.