test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

George and Gracie disagree.

latest?cb=20120317050343&path-prefix=en

Heh, good point. Though I'm sure if they'd included that one, they'd have made it a Fed-only ship just to troll people. :D
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »

Heh, good point. Though I'm sure if they'd included that one, they'd have made it a Fed-only ship just to troll people. :D

Klingons would in return get the TMP Connie Refit, with the inbuilt special ability that it auto-destructs after 9 seconds.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I interesting point I wanted to bring up with changing the Lieutenant command to miracle worker on the command galaxy. Geordi one of the quintessential miracle workers and in season 2 when he became the chief of engineering he was Lieutenant rank. While yes its a science slot, if it were made universal too it would be a nice connection to Next generation.

kdf should have gotten a ship even though Romulans didn't either. I hope that they will make another pack in future that include KDF and romulans, jem'hadar maybe, with a pilot excelsior?
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    kdf should have gotten a ship even though Romulans didn't either. I hope that they will make another pack in future that include KDF and romulans, jem'hadar maybe, with a pilot excelsior?

I have given up on getting anything new that's not Fed or "Alliance". If we do, great! If not i don't have to be disappointed every time they bring out new Fed stuff....

• captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    "Hero ships" to me suggests main character/series ships from the shows. Galaxy, Defiant, Connie, Sovereign, Voyager, Discovery, NX, etc. Given the visual revamp on the Heavy Cruiser, I expect a Stargazer. Not sure how you round out the 10 (multiple movie & show Connies seems silly). But I wouldn't expect any KDF/Rom/Jem/etc ships - because none of those have been main character/'hero' ships in any of the media.

the closest we've gotten is the IKS Rotarran.

• jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    I don't mind rom kdf n Dom not being in the pack because let's face it, I'm not buying 7 fed ships a kdf and Dom ship for ONE new rom vessel.

What makes me sad is there is NO ships hitting for rom kdf and Dom to go alongside this massive pack
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    But yeah, those Lock Box and Promo Box ships will never be put up for sale individually on the C-Store.

We don't know that.
    I'm just going on past experience with ship bundles as well as some hope.
    All we CAN do is wait and see.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    But yeah, those Lock Box and Promo Box ships will never be put up for sale individually on the C-Store.

We don't know that.
    I'm just going on past experience with ship bundles as well as some hope.
    All we CAN do is wait and see.

picard bundle gamble box ship is NOT for sale by itself... past experience, granted that is a recent bundle. thou not an exception... I believe the DS9 shuttle is exclusive to it's bundle.
    Again... all we can do is wait and see.
    Also when was the last time we got a shuttle in the C-Store?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    I'm KINDA disagreeing that it would be a good investment. The potential gain from individual access opens the door to a much wider market. Not everyone can just drop hundreds in one go, while quite a few people can drop 30 here and there a lot more often.

There's also the fact that Cryptic has said that they are looking into options for account unlocks.

There are some good arguments both ways, but again... as I have said, all we can do is wait and see.
    Speaking for myself, I would INSTANTLY snap up a couple of them individually. I've been saving up for a while, wondering what we'd get for the Anniversary.

And if I have to do the EPIC CRAZY grind... dear god I should get a title for that... *collapses*
    has the TRIBBLE hit the fan? the blog post about the legendary ships bundle is gone... even opening post has it's link removed...
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    has the TRIBBLE hit the fan? the blog post about the legendary ships bundle is gone... even opening post has it's link removed...

Maybe they're rethinking their marketing strategy since they've accidentally leaked several models in the in-game shipyard? There's also another ship I've seen a leaked image of elsewhere, but since that one hasn't shown up in-game yet I won't discuss it here.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Or it could be a simple mistake. Additionally could even be something as stupid as they need to temporary pull the blog while they add the additional ships. Maybe something stupid like those clickable buttons to each individial ship, new ones cant be added while the blog is live.

We'll soon find out :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    edited January 2020
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Maybe something stupid like those clickable buttons to each individial ship, new ones cant be added while the blog is live.

It should be a simple matter of uploading the individual webpage(s) for the newly revealed ship(s), and then uploading an updated version of the main blog with the new button(s) added and the main image updated. That's how it worked back in ~2005 or so when I ran my Star Wars Galaxies guild's website anyway.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Maybe something stupid like those clickable buttons to each individial ship, new ones cant be added while the blog is live.

It should be a simple matter of uploading the individual webpage(s) for the newly revealed ship(s), and then uploading an updated version of the main blog with the new button(s) added and the main image updated. That's how it worked back in ~2005 or so when I ran my Star Wars Galaxies guild's website anyway.

could be... still thinking $200 for 5 suped-up lock box ships to be too good to be true.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    It remains to be the same if the bundle will never be split into individual ships, but it kinda would make sense to me - it costs efectively something like ~200 US $ to get one of the lockbox or promo ships in the game.

Cryptic might be willing to remove the RNG, but losing the money is a more difficult proposition. So instead it becomes a big ship pack. Though if you actually use more than one of these ships, you still get a better deal out of it than if it was a lockbox/promo ship.
    But Cryptic also gets a very good deal for them, because without that pack, many wouldn't have spend 200+ $ at all on the game, because they refuse to go for the gamble boxes, and the ships they want don't exist.

I think a similar mentality was behind the cross-faction packs. They were such a good deal that many people bought 3 ships for the prize of two - where if they would have to buy them separately, they would have only bought the one ship they really wanted. Of course, Cryptic has a bit more development for making 3 ships rather than 1, but it might still have paid off.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    Or it could be a simple mistake. Additionally could even be something as stupid as they need to temporary pull the blog while they add the additional ships. Maybe something stupid like those clickable buttons to each individial ship, new ones cant be added while the blog is live.

It's still down I wonder whats going on.

lianthelia wrote: »
    You're silly if you think Cryptic/CBS/PWE or whoever you want to cite are going to give away their biggest cash cows almost for free.

How is an individual purchase "almost free"!? If the bundle ships are available individually I would expect them to be in the 45-60 dollar range with no introductory sale, high enough to make the bundle price look like a great bargain but low enough that people who can't afford to nuke their wallet can at least still get one or two of the ships (and if they eventually get them all they would have spent 450-600 dollars over time rather than 200-300 all at once for the bundle).

The infinity promo and lockboxes will still be plenty popular as well, the ships in this bundle are variants, not copies of the existing ships, so the stats and seating will be different. Plus there are still PLENTY of other popular ships in the boxes as well, I myself have been trying for years to get a Universe class by opening a few promo boxes each time they are available.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    "She's coming around!"

tuchd0418.jpg

Kronos One - the English translation of Qo'noS wa' - is a Klingon hero ship. It did carry the Chancellor toward the first peace talks with the Federation. Even if he didn't make it.

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    not really a hero ship. if any Klingon ship could claim to be the Hero ship it would be Rotarran IMHO
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    not really a hero ship. if any Klingon ship could claim to be the Hero ship it would be Rotarran IMHO

Maybe the Amar?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    The Oddy (with the "Verity" new skin) and the Kelvin Connie (with the Beyond refit skin) are today's confirmed parts of the bundle.

Oddy is command spec, KT Connie is intel.
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the Intel spec JJConstitution has a trait that can be activated by Miracle Worker abilities? Why not Intel abilities, which the ship actually has seating for?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    where are you getting this information, since cryptic apparently deleted the legacy pack news post​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I like, that Legendary Oddy got a hangar slot.
    Too bad, that there is no console from event ship included for full 4-piece set from T6 tier
    Edit:
    Oh, and it can equip dual cannons - that is also new - I think.
    And the blog is back, with 2 new ships in it.

The Legendary Kelvin Connie is somewhat different, that the one from box,
    but the special trait got me confused - it is targeted for Miracle Spec, but the Legendary Kelvin Connie is Intel spec ship?
    and what does it mean "calls the Kelvin Timeline version of your starship to help briefly" - I thought that Connie is already Kelvin version, or do they mean Kelvin version of any ship, that I will be flying with this Trait?
    Post edited by saber1973a on
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    where are you getting this information, since cryptic apparently deleted the legacy pack news post​​

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355993

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    I was expecting the JJPrise to be the 1701-A version shown at the end of Beyond, but I guess they are saving that for a future lockbox or something.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    I was expecting the JJPrise to be the 1701-A version shown at the end of Beyond, but I guess they are saving that for a future lockbox or something.

There is still place for another 6 ships, you can still be right.
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    So the Kelvin Intel is a beast as well.
    I guess it will out dmg a Temp Light Cruiser but is a bit more fragile… not that it matter much.

Oddy Dread is just a tad more of the same.

I see a pattern there...

The traits seem kinda meh… to bad that we haven‘ t gotten a trait description for the Defiant and Galaxy.

But that skin is in the pack:
    999481221ee76189e8f9434e3d4f6ec11580259697.jpg

Oh god... all those consoles... /shakes head they should of made all those consoles baked in to the legendary ships... that oddy has 6 consoles...

idea for T7 ships... exact same stats as T6 nothing different... just baked in consoles. 3 console slots for each type and 2 universal console slots... so if someone wants to slot a total of 5 tac slots they can for T7s. maybe 10% boost to ship trait... so an improved version.... maybe.
This discussion has been closed.