test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival!

Comments

• djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    I wonder if they'll make past event ships upgradable? I'd love a Pilot Denorios Bajoran Interceptor, a Command Rezreth or an Intel Chel Boalg.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »

To ask a silly question; and why couldn't someone from Cryptic post this on their own forum? Again, why do we have to depend on multiple information platforms to get information? Jeremy has posted to the forums.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    First of all, I am sorry for derailing the thread earlier, that was not my intent. Now, I wish there was an Audio Deamplifier like the one for Party Amplifiers but for the Audio Emotes because I do not want to hear unwanted music. I will get the Tier 6 Corvette since I did not get the Tier 5 Corvette when the event was on and have not gotten it from the Phoenix box. Also, apparently the Risians are Russians in disguise! lol That is all. Carry on! :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I am also confused. From what I saw on the loading page, we get one ship. We can then use a fleet module to upgrade that one ship to have pilot maneuvers. I don't see where they said we would be getting separate ships.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I am also confused. From what I saw on the loading page, we get one ship. We can then use a fleet module to upgrade that one ship to have pilot maneuvers. I don't see where they said we would be getting separate ships.

Usually a fleet ship is a different ship. It doesn't have a trait but has better stats. Not sure if this will be like that.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Baseball Vendor from old cartoons: "Peanuts! Peanuts! Get your hot, roasted peanuts here!"

Who said that was limited to just old cartoons? ;)

Sorry, just being old here.
    https://www.facebook.com/6318938602/posts/10156416266458603/?sfnsn=mo

Soo... Apparently, this go around, we need a fleet module to fully unlock the ship's capabilities...

Yeah, it's on the Risa postcard that's popping up earlier than I would've expected.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I'm surprised we haven't seen a blog post about the ship stats yet, especially since the event starts in four days...
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

So, we are going to get our corvette from Russia, da...?

A typo, by any other name ;)
    I'm surprised we haven't seen a blog post about the ship stats yet, especially since the event starts in four days...

Esp. with the Fleet Module/Fleet ship spoiler in the postcard loadscreen that was snuck in with the latest update.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    they said 'more details on monday'...that means the stats​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The stats were accidentally posted earlier:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/c6pntm/command_the_t6_risian_corvette/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Ah, indeed the full 11 consoles. Nice. :D

The stats were accidentally posted earlier:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/c6pntm/command_the_t6_risian_corvette/

Thank you, Grand Nagus :)
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    It looks like they pulled it... Error message when I click it...

EDIT: And found the stats... Derp
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I originally thought they weren't going to give the fleet version commander pilot and only the actual pilot maneuvers, interesting.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you look at the leaked Announcement Blog, there are two different Admiralty Cards shown. That means two ships and not one upgraded from the Event one, similar to the old T5/T5U mechanic.

The Fleet version provides 10% more Hull and Shielding. It also switches around seating and location of the Spec seating.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Yes, I was referring to that leaked blog.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I just logged of after visiting Risa.

As I slipped in and out of 6 out of about a dozen instances, it seems folks are already excited about the coming event.

They are already organizing dance parties on the dance floor. I could not stay, but it looked like they were having fun.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    DOff assignments during the Winter event were awesome. Will there be any during the summer event?
    Kirk and Spock pushed 3D chess for a total of 6 years (3 each) but we can't get our 3D Chess stuff either.
    You know that there's a DOff assignment on 3D chess, part of the Gaming prof. chain? ;)
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, since they can't do the ground controls for Volleyball, how about adding Doff Missions for this kind of stuff like the Winter Event. Volleyball, Baseball, Scuba Diving, etc. Awarding Lohlunats as one of the rewards.

We don't have to keep doing Poker, Anbo-jintsu, etc., only.
    <3<3<3
    Post edited by lexers615#4253 on
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Again, when I think 'tropical paradise', Baseball is not something that springs to mind.
    Ever heard of baseball crazed tropical countries like Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago or Curaco? Not to mention Florida, one of the 3 top baseball player producing states in the US? I'm guessing no.
    You're missing the point. Yeah they love that game. And let's assume they love pizza too. Will tropical countries like Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago or Curaco be the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear the word pizza?

Personally, and I think @reyan01 will agree, brainstorming on "tropical paradise" will typically result in a lot of stuff not likely including baseball... (Tourism, fruits, cocktails, tropical fauna and flora, etc...)
  • toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    hehe

greetings from the russian navy goes to JEREMY for that nice new ship

the RUSSIAN CORVETTE !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cs3-q1Ldk4

im mean nobody likes complicatetet ship type names
    (like the breen brezelbrot , just say HUMMER ! )

so we will speak years later just about the russian corvettes ! 8))

thanks
    edited June 2019
    > @themadprofessor#9835 said:
    > I just hope we get a T6 Risian Luxury Liner next year, complete with an arboretum that we can actually visit.

The ship no doubt. The interior? We'll be lucky if we get the old Risian ones. If they can't do one for an R&D Promotional Ship that many have been clamoring for, for a Series that is current and the apple of CBS's eye, then most probably not for a free Ship.

I'd love it too. However, I play a KDF aligned Reman, and I'm deadlocked on a silly optional mission (Forcas III Tournament) as none of the fancy ships I got him have a "crew level" or any form of "below decks" (Breen Chel Grett, Fek'Ihri StoRR, Ferengi D'Kora (T5-U), etc...). And the worst part is that none of the Romulan Rep. ships I've flown so far has any trophy display. And it's not because those maps haven't been made! (To my knowledge, at least two missions take place inside a Breen ship, so the maps could have been converted in minutes). Cryptic chose not to add below decks on new/special ships. So it'S unlikely they'll change their mind.
    Well, since they can't do the ground controls for Volleyball, how about adding Doff Missions for this kind of stuff like the Winter Event. Volleyball, Baseball, Scuba Diving, etc. Awarding Lohlunats as one of the rewards.

We don't have to keep doing Poker, Anbo-jintsu, etc., only.
    <3<3<3
    Butt floss thong for my Gorn in neon orange. That's what I want.

:s [Puking smiley] :s
    edited June 2019
    [Duplicate]
    Will we get a Checkov themed crew with that RUSSIAN corvette?
    So, what I understand from the posts so far is that the T6 Risan Corvette will be a normal ship because internal rules specify that event ships cannot have special qualities like, Intel, Pilot or Miracle Worker. But there will be a special edition of the Risan Corvette, available through the Fleet Store for one Fleet Module, that will have the Pilot special abilities and functions.

Is that correct?

I am as confused as you are, Badger. o.o
    Guys, the Fek'Ihri StoRR we got during the Winter Event is both an Event ship and it's a Pilot ship...
    It had Pilot seating but NOT Pilot Manuevers. That is the difference.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The ship you get, as I stated previously, from the Event will be the normal 11 Console 'Fleet' grade ship with Pilot Specialization seating.

The one you upgrade to in the Fleet Store for one FSM is the same ship WITH the Pilot Manuevers bells and whistles (the so-called Clickies).

I'll stick with the normal one, no way I will give them one fleet module thus creating a precedent for future event ships. Unless of course that in fact we are getting two ships (Just dreaming)
    You end up with two ships. They are providing an opportunity to make an Event Ship into a full blown Specialization Ship with the special powers. Event ships never had that before.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I only wish with the normal version that they'd add pilot to the ltcom engi slot instead of the universal slot, I'd like to be able to use both pilot skills and sci skills.
  • Aight, so here are my two cents to all of this recent bollocks...
    Since i am still fairly new to this game... Summer event? Cool!
    Free tier 6 ship for just a bit of daily effort? Even cooler!
    Baseball? I honestly don't know. It's not that popular
    in my corner of the world (afaik). Yeah, baseball WAS a bit of a thing
    during DS9... But this is about Star Trek, isn't it?
    So why not put more things that are more diverse than something
    that comes from earth... Again... ~_~

-Cheers!