test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival!

Comments

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    Why is the risa sun lower in the sky than it was the other day? Are you trying to fix the day/night feature or is the location a glitch?

Deliberate. They changed it to a permanent sunset since Day/Night cycles are pretty much impossible with lighting 2.0
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    NONE of the other T6 Event Ships have the Specialization mechanics, only the Specialization seating. This is new and a bonus.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • paulkopaulko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited June 2019
    That makes absolutely no sense.
    Also... Jackie Robinson and Ken Griffey Jr. would like to have a word about the "non-inclusive" line.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Mention Ty Cobb.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    So now they are planning to have T6 and what? T6F?

• burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    T6 Corvette, I may have to paint it all red.
    To quote the Orks from 40K,
    "Da red wunz go fasta."

Thats why my 5.6k impulse burst corvette is called ' Da Red Wun" ..T6 one will be "Da Red Wun Too"

As to the fm to unlock pilot boosting...I can see why as no other event ship has had a c-store type gimmick but I'll hold fire on it until the stats are released as pilot boost is nice...but the invincibility cooldown nerf from a long while ago has limited its utility
    Post edited by burstorion on
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I love the sunset! Very beautiful for a nice tropical evening.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    If they are not trying to fix Day/Night then a sunset is stupid, would be better to raise it above the island full sunlight.

It already was at full day time.
    The sunset setting would honestly be a lot nicer.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If they are not trying to fix Day/Night then a sunset is stupid, would be better to raise it above the island full sunlight.

It already was at full day time.
    The sunset setting would honestly be a lot nicer.

And romantic... *swoons*
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I just hope they ad least upgraded the Lt universal to LtCom universal.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Why is the risa sun lower in the sky than it was the other day? Are you trying to fix the day/night feature or is the location a glitch?

Deliberate. They changed it to a permanent sunset since Day/Night cycles are pretty much impossible with lighting 2.0

The only problem I have with the lost day/night cycle is that I might miss the morning Mok'bara class. Seriously, though, there are some accolades that were only obtainable at a certain time of the day. Unless these have been changed, it's difficult to get these if you have no clue what time it is.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
    Mok'Bara is availible on the half hour every other hour. Whether it's an odd or even hour depends on your time zone.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User

I don't understand how could it be older games than STO can do a day/night option so surely there is something that could be done especially for people who would like to use floaters at night and see the lights of risa during this time. If they cannot do it make it permanent day time a sunset is useless otherwise
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Putting the event flyer in the loading page without the event start date was deeply unhelpful. Lots of confused players on Risa asking about the event, unaware it hasn't started yet.
    Agreed.

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    robeasom wrote: »

I don't understand how could it be older games than STO can do a day/night option so surely there is something that could be done especially for people who would like to use floaters at night and see the lights of risa during this time. If they cannot do it make it permanent day time a sunset is useless otherwise

That is the trick, day/night cycle was not a big problem under the old, simpler lighting system that STO used to have but is not practical under the more realistic and complex one they use now. They were lucky to find a newer lighting engine that could be plugged into STOs older graphics engine to spruce up the look of the game, but the downside is that the day/night cycle does not work with that combination. Games that never tried to update like that do not have that problem but they also often do not look or perform as well by todays standards in normal gameplay with the older lighting.

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

The transition periods (sunset and sunrise) were the only good parts of the day/night cycle. Actual night was just "make everything dark and tint it blue." It's literally the same trick that you used to see in low-budget films and television shows that couldn't afford low-light film or lighting the exteriors for actual night shots. They called it day-for-night filming and it was always painfully obvious. This isn't just a criticism of STO, mind you, but of nighttime simulation in a great many video games.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited June 2019

It's been permanent daytime ever since Lighting 2.0 got introduced a few years ago and Risa has looked a bit... boring since. And at the risk of sounding like a certain Slamek... It was too bright out there. ;)

I honestly prefer the sunset look now.
    no, both will have pilot - the fleet version will just be realpilot instead of fakepilot​​
    I hope that the non-fleet version will still have 11 consoles like other event ships, and that real pilot is the only actual difference between the two.

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    "given a little house"

Hugh laurie bobblehead on the dashboard!?

The dusk/dawn change is a good one, maybe it'll spill over into other parts of the game and reduce the visual assault that happens from time to time. (cascading bacon of kahless in a CC 10man springs to mind)
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    So, what I understand from the posts so far is that the T6 Risan Corvette will be a normal ship because internal rules specify that event ships cannot have special qualities like, Intel, Pilot or Miracle Worker. But there will be a special edition of the Risan Corvette, available through the Fleet Store for one Fleet Module, that will have the Pilot special abilities and functions.

Is that correct?
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    So, what I understand from the posts so far is that the T6 Risan Corvette will be a normal ship because internal rules specify that event ships cannot have special qualities like, Intel, Pilot or Miracle Worker. But there will be a special edition of the Risan Corvette, available through the Fleet Store for one Fleet Module, that will have the Pilot special abilities and functions.

Is that correct?

I am as confused as you are, Badger. o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Hopefully, we will get the stats soon...
  • grainneomalleygrainneomalley Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    looking forward to the shipstats for the t6 corvette, espe the pilot version, zoom zoom
    edited June 2019
    The ship you get, as I stated previously, from the Event will be the normal 11 Console 'Fleet' grade ship with Pilot Specialization seating.

The one you upgrade to in the Fleet Store for one FSM is the ship WITH the Pilot Manuevers bells and whistles (the so-called Clickies) plus 10% extra Hull/Shields and reshuffled Boff Layout.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited June 2019
    I am hoping that it will have a second lieutenant commander boff seat which is universal, I really don't want three lieutenant boff seats.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    For the first time, a fleet version of our Summer Event Ship will be available! Once you have the T6 Risian Corvette, unlock the a version with Pilot Manuevers at any Tier 1 Starbase! More details Monday.

Interesting

Anyone else noticed use of a word "unlock" instead of "purchase" fleet version of the corvette?
    I wonder if it is a mistake, or correct information.
    Here is hoping it is correct and the monday blog will confirm this.

Edit: ...even better if it would be account unlock… unlikely, but I wish...
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    they've been (mis)using the word 'unlock' in place of words they SHOULD be using lately...don't read into it too closely - it'll be a per-character purchase like every OTHER fleet ship​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.