test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival!

Comments

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    There won't be any real world teams slotted in. Cryptic would break themselves having to pay for licensing fees and royalties. Not to mention that in the future of Star Trek, nation states on Earth were broken up.
  • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    T6 CorvetteT6 CorvetteT6 CorvetteT6 CorvetteT6 CorvetteT6 CorvetteT6 CorvetteT6 CorvetteT6 CorvetteT6 Corvette

MUST HAVE ALL THE SPEED!!!
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    > @captaintorrence said:
    > Dune buggy/dirt track races with Argo jeeps, Scuba diving, Orbital Skydiving, metal detector hunts, building tree forts. While I do like the summer event, I think some of this would be awesome to see ingame for the event as well

A bunch of that sounds like way to much fun for Cryptic.

Or any video game company for that matter...
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Since you failed to prove that people visit tropical paradises wearing full baseball uniforms specifically to SUNBATHE in and partake in water sports you've won nothing.

How adorable you think that I'm trying to prove anything when I'm already against it from the start. I'm, not here to prove your point by showing proof. I'm here to make a farce of your attempts at trying to justify your viewpoint. You want proof? You post proof in the way of pictures of your suppositions. I will however speak from experience as that can be taken with a grain of salt and refuted as you might want. Doesn't mean you're right. Just means you're just trying (rather futilely) to be more comical than I am.

I'm more than well aware of the teams in the Dominican Republic and Jamaica and how they play in outdoor fields in the summer. However, having dated several baseball jocks, I laugh at the travesty of your counterpoint when I tell you that the only time they ever wore their uniforms outside of a game, was during promotional events.

This means:

NOT for walks on the Beach.
    NOT for sunbathing (unless they want to be heckled for the farmer tans they're bound to get that way). And most definitely
    NOT for water sports.

So unless they encountered some superstition that involved them constantly wearing their uniforms in order to win a game or series, what you propose is nothing more than a straw man...

I'm also showing the narrow world view that Cryptic is doing by fixating on the back-story for Benjamin's Sisko's love of baseball because DS9 decided to make it the diversion trope of the series.

I know this game is beginning it's downward slope to shutting down, the question I have is -- does it have to follow the path Paramount did by beating the horse so dead, nothing remains?
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    (Off topic derailing comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2019
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Starship emotes are fine as a holo thumbs up/down/LLAP but why the hell are they now to be audio ones?

Will they be unrestricted and therefore another reason to avoid "social" areas like sol space or will they be heard by team members only?

Will we get the option to mute them?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Quit arguing about baseball already and move along. The main reason it was included to begin with was because of the DS9 connection.

But this year is Discovery, right? ;)

(...which, yeah, has even less summer/vacation-appropriate stuff than DS9. Hmm.)

edit: I think that part of the issue is... those of us who just weren't interested in the baseball stuff last year, consoled ourselves with the thought that it was just one year, not every year can be of interest to everyone, and there'd be something different next year. But, well... :|
  • xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Same ol Ship different day
    1kltX02.jpg
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited June 2019
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited June 2019
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I guess I will be discarding my T5 Corvette which I got from the phoenix box.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited June 2019
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Can we NOT do this thing about "Dixie," please? It's NOT part of the event, never even made it to Tribble, so in reality was never actually part of the game to begin with. And since it isn't part of the event, this discussion about it is derailing discussion of this year's event. So, let's drop it and move on.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I guess I will be discarding my T5 Corvette which I got from the phoenix box.

Why? Seems wasteful to do that.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Baseball, honestly, Baseball ? Can you come up with nothing new, or is the news correct and STO will be dead in two more years. The amount of effort that seems to have been put into this event is extremely low. I'll be there for the ship only, anything else you had hoped for is of no interest to me, which is sad as RISA was my favorite event, until last year, and you held on to the very reason I lost interest in it it seems.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Drydock it. It could very well be that visual options in the Ship Tailor would be something you may desire in customizing the T6.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    With the corvette, if I paint it yellow will it be more shootier with all the dakka I want to put on it?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      Gotta admit, Egg White Burrito? That one is pretty out in left field pfft.
      It's a breakfast food item. Not sure why summer event, but they added peanuts last year..
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
      well, peanuts are obvious - those are a baseball staple food​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      rattler2 wrote: »
      I doubt we'll get any real world teams. Too much to get licensing agreements from those teams and stuff like that. Not only that, but having to not show favoritism to any particular real world team from not just the US but all over the place...
      Also they made a list of 16 teams, and we've seen 6 of them so far.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
      rattler2 wrote: »
      I doubt we'll get any real world teams. Too much to get licensing agreements from those teams and stuff like that. Not only that, but having to not show favoritism to any particular real world team from not just the US but all over the place...
      Also they made a list of 16 teams, and we've seen 6 of them so far.

So, one could assume that we'll continue to see baseball uniforms on Risa until all 16 teams are made. :smirk:
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
      so...since the caitians have a team, do the ferasans? i can't see them passing up a chance to prove their superiority in THAT arena too as they try to do everywhere else​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      avoozuul wrote: »
      The fun in the sun is returning on July 2nd, with an updated T6 Risian corvette, new space and ground emotes, new costumes and more!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11190533

Does the Tire 6 Risian corvette replace the current Risian corvette Tier 5 or will there be a second Admiralty Ship?
      Question 2: If these are two different ships, would it be possible allow for players to slot the older (T5) ship as a second project for Alt Charters? Or Also get the T5 Ship for free as part of getting the T6?
      Event ships are now account unlocks which can be reclaimed on all characters, they have been for years now.

Currently, you can't slot in an older project. If you still had a character that still has the project for the T5, it would still remain in your event mission slot list.

Before they enabled us to be able to finish older ship project slots with the current winter event tokens, I ended up deleting most of the older projects. So those ships are only available if I (ever) get an Epic Phoenix box.

But I missed one character, who had the
      reyan01 wrote: »
      > @salazarraze said:
      > reyan01 wrote: »
      >
      > Ever seen people sunbathing or surfing in baseball uniforms? I'm guessing no.
      >
      >
      >
      > Actually yes I've seen plenty of people walking down the beach in a baseball jersey. So what's your point? You just hate baseball? That's fine but you obviously don't know anything about it. Baseball is widely played throughout the Caribbean, you know, a tropical and jungle island filled paradise with ocean as far as the eye can see. Actually sounds a lot like Risa. Strange, huh?

I don't hate baseball. I simply don't think its relevant to an event like this, and feel there was no need to recycle it. It wasn't quite as bad the first time around as they were at least able to tie it into ViL and DS9 anniversary.

Want a beach sport? VOLLEYBALL!

Even Klingons get into volleyball.

They like spiking the ball, esp. if they have spikes attached to the ball ;)

I would humbly ask for volleyball items/emotes for next year. The grey tank tops are getting lonely all by their lonesome!

I'd suggest a volleyball net popping up as part of an emote for that game, but it'll end up becoming a griefing tool, even if people would be allowed to run through it. If it was as those Engineering shield skills/kit items, then it would be a huge mistake.
    • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
      edited June 2019
      (Perhaps I wasn't clear. Stop. - BMR)
    • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      tousseau wrote: »
      Quit arguing about baseball already and move along. The main reason it was included to begin with was because of the DS9 connection.
      Yeah... So, can we have Lawn Darts next year?

Lawn Dart costume piece ideas:
      *Lawn Dart head piece, like the old arrow headband that looks like an arrow is piercing the head.
      *Lawn Dart boots:
      *Low Boot version has Lawn Dart sticking out of foot.
      *High boot version has Lawn Dart sticking out of knee.