test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival!

Comments

• cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • chromatychromaty Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Baseball dress...Baseball audio in space... but no new stuff.. Guys from cryptic, what you´re doing to this game?! In some missions you can not see anything from all the special effects and now we get baseball audio s... in space
    Sry but this is not Star Trek! :/
    eng_sig.jpg
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    More baseball stuff? Pass.
    Audio emotes? Oh hell no! There's already too much troll fodder, we don't need more. At least add a mute setting or something, so those that don't want to hear that, don't have to.

Coming to a GPL Kiosk near you...
    edited June 2019
    Looking forward to the shield visuals... (Yeah, I;m a confessed Barbie collector)

Now, if we could get a "Vanity Corvette Shield"
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i'm still waiting on a vanity shield that is primarily gold with blue highlights...seems like they're releasing every combination BUT that one​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wish they would make a vanity shield with gorn ship material.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @xyquarze said:
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > I just went there tonight with my Discovery Character. Bought an Impulse Floater and got the Master Relaxer Accolade in about 30 minutes.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Didn't you need to get the store unlocked during the event before you could buy stuff?

No, only to get the Summer Tab in the Event Reputation Store unlocked. The Vendor on Risa next to the Tailor will sell you the Summer stuff without the unlock.

You just need the Lohlunats, of which I have about 23k in the Bank.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dax3817dax3817 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Definitely agree with everyone aggravated about the baseball. Didn't care for it last year, and like it even less for this year! Please, please, PLEASE, next year, NO EXTRA BASEBALL STUFF!!
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    angarus1 wrote: »
    Wish there'd be more swimwear rather than baseball stuff tho. Baseball's not my thing at all. ;)

The swimwear could use a quality pass. But honestly I'm not sure if we can get any more new styles over what we have.
    On the bright side... baseball hats?

I'd love to have more vintage/retro style suits. I'm talking Gidget and Moondoggie. ^_^

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Ever seen people sunbathing or surfing in baseball uniforms? I'm guessing no.
    Actually yes I've seen plenty of people walking down the beach in a baseball jersey. So what's your point? You just hate baseball? That's fine but you obviously don't know anything about it. Baseball is widely played throughout the Caribbean, you know, a tropical and jungle island filled paradise with ocean as far as the eye can see. Actually sounds a lot like Risa. Strange, huh?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I just hope we get a T6 Risian Luxury Liner next year, complete with an arboretum that we can actually visit.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i just hope they make the corvette's enhanced console equippable on ALL ships like they've been doing for ship consoles lately - ever since they removed the equip restrictions from the temporal set​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited June 2019
    I don't hate baseball. I simply don't think its relevant to an event like this, and feel there was no need to recycle it. It wasn't quite as bad the first time around as they were at least able to tie it into ViL and DS9 anniversary.

Want a beach sport? VOLLEYBALL!
    Volleyball would be great but volleyball outfits are just swimsuits anyway. So that offers nothing new. And forget about actually playing volleyball since the ground controls are too clunky and character movement is too slow to make a functional in game version of a match. It could work though if you heavily modified the game to look and feel like it belongs in the game. Maybe to explain the difference they could have a throwaway line by an NPC like "Quantum Volleyball Game Starting." Make the ball larger with multiple chambers some of which have helium causing the ball to float more which gives players time to actually run around and hit the ball. How would we hit the ball though? Press F? This brings up another problem though. The game isn't based on real physics. With latency from player to player I have trouble seeing this get implemented at all. Would be fun though. As it is, I'm happy with more baseball stuff, especially the ship skins.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    > @themadprofessor#9835 said:
    > I just hope we get a T6 Risian Luxury Liner next year, complete with an arboretum that we can actually visit.

The ship no doubt. The interior? We'll be lucky if we get the old Risian ones. If they can't do one for an R&D Promotional Ship that many have been clamoring for, for a Series that is current and the apple of CBS's eye, then most probably not for a free Ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • carguy1701#7145 carguy1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I just want to know why two of those new Tribbles popped up in my inventory when I didn't have any Tribbles in my inventory.
    Well, since they can't do the ground controls for Volleyball, how about adding Doff Missions for this kind of stuff like the Winter Event. Volleyball, Baseball, Scuba Diving, etc. Awarding Lohlunats as one of the rewards.

We don't have to keep doing Poker, Anbo-jintsu, etc., only.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • timberwolf#2067 timberwolf Member Posts: 49 Media Corps
    edited June 2019
    Fishing, scuba diving, Orbital Skydiving, metal detector hunts, Tree fort building, Argo dune buggy/dirt track racing (on new mini island, Argo jeep as new ground vehicle reward), Pirate hourly event (Orion Pirate in a Pirate sail ship attack resort, save it for unique outfit, new rewards:: Code probably like snowmen fights from Winter), Mini golf
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Butt floss thong for my Gorn in neon orange. That's what I want.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    No, only to get the Summer Tab in the Event Reputation Store unlocked. The Vendor on Risa next to the Tailor will sell you the Summer stuff without the unlock.

You just need the Lohlunats, of which I have about 23k in the Bank.

Good info, thanks. Yeah, my account bank will surely be able to help my newer toons get started before the event.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Ever seen people sunbathing or surfing in baseball uniforms? I'm guessing no.
    Actually yes I've seen plenty of people walking down the beach in a baseball jersey. So what's your point? You just hate baseball? That's fine but you obviously don't know anything about it. Baseball is widely played throughout the Caribbean, you know, a tropical and jungle island filled paradise with ocean as far as the eye can see. Actually sounds a lot like Risa. Strange, huh?

No no no... We're not talking about this:

yi1brmi.jpg

we're talking about this:

XNSIQ6i.jpg

So please stop being obdurate in order to prove a point.

And it doesn't matter where it's played, this seems to be rather small minded when looking at this link and seeing it's only #8. Please note which sport is actually #1 (and seems more aligned to summer dress fashion). Hell #5 was even mentioned in this thread which is still more popular by 175%.
    edited June 2019
    So please stop being obdurate in order to prove a point.

And it doesn't matter where it's played, this seems to be rather small minded when looking at this link and seeing it's only #8. Please note which sport is actually #1 (and seems more aligned to summer dress fashion). Hell #5 was even mentioned in this thread which is still more popular by 175%.
    Reyan and I weren't talking about what the overall most popular sports in the world are. So you can forget about that weak straw man argument of yours. What we're talking about are the thematic merits of baseball in a summer beach setting in a tropical jungle paradise surrounded by ocean. And if you're wondering who won that argument, just scroll up and see my previous post.
    edited June 2019
    Since you failed to prove that people visit tropical paradises wearing full baseball uniforms specifically to SUNBATHE in and partake in water sports you've won nothing.
    That's merely a "goal post move" on your part in your previous comment after I proved you wrong. Walk around Risa and it's filled with players wearing combat armor, full tuxedo suits and other stuff that has nothing to do with the very specific an narrow activities of sunbathing and surfing. There are more things to do besides sunbathe and surf. So you have proved nothing with your attempt to change and re-frame your losing argument.
    And to be honest, you own argument works in my favour - we don't actually PLAY baseball matches on Risa. Sure we can whack and/or throw the ball but we don't play the actual game.
    Which is sad because it would be really fun but honestly I don't think it's feasible. Just like volleyball. Golf or mini-golf is a more feasible option though and would be cool. They could even add a full golf course on an extra island for it if need be. They could add tons of golf clubs. Imagine a hilariously unnecessary deadly looking Klingon golf club, haha.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Quit arguing about baseball already and move along. The main reason it was included to begin with was because of the DS9 connection.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    We don't need any Audio Emotes. Or Starship Emotes for that matter.

I'm not sure we will be able to make it to the 25rd Century (or 22nd for that matter) anyway.

https://youtu.be/N1KvgtEnABY
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nxnovacatnxnovacat Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Since we arn't getting the Dixie Horn, can we atleast have first bit of the tune of Star Trek TOS' opening credits as an audio Emote?

i.e.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX5cu7K4uKI

edit: I just noticed, "the Gornicke's" rofl

To quote a comment in the video

yuandrew
    11 years ago
    Wolo manufacturing makes that horn; it is the model 485 "Star Trek" in their Musical Air Horns series. The Wolo model 430 "Dixie" horn is actually a lot more famous as it was used on the General Lee from "The Dukes of Hazard"

You can actually buy both of them plus a lot of other songs from JC Whitney if you want

So that would still be technically a "Dixie Horn"
    Quit arguing about baseball already and move along. The main reason it was included to begin with was because of the DS9 connection.
    Yeah... So, can we have Lawn Darts next year?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited June 2019
    ...you know which uniforms we REALLY need?

If you wanna open the floodgates like that... I will counter with...
    06092017_marinersjaysnight1_221204-780x793.jpg
    Does the Tire 6 Risian corvette replace the current Risian corvette Tier 5 or will there be a second Admiralty Ship?
    Seperate ship. Just like the T5 and T6 Plesh Breks and Chel Grets.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Since they are doing vanity shields for summer event I wonder if they will do them for winter event also.

Its possible. Depending on how popular these event vanity shields are they might expand to cover anything winter related.
    Yes, it is popular. A lot of great players from the Caribbean played for the Blue Jays during their back-to-back wins when I was living in North York (now part of Toronto).

I think Edgar Martinez, a recent addition to the Hall of Fame, one of the best Designated Hitters, and member of the Seattle Mariners, was from that region.
    Gorns in Mankinis, you mean. :p

OH GOD!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If you wanna open the floodgates like that... I will counter with...

I'll take it. I mean not for myself. I'll take it in the game since it would probably mean the A's uniform would be added as well. The A's uniform being much more likely as Cryptic is located in the Bay Area.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I doubt we'll get any real world teams. Too much to get licensing agreements from those teams and stuff like that. Not only that, but having to not show favoritism to any particular real world team from not just the US but all over the place...

Still... I wouldn't say no to the option to show my support for my local team. I know it won't even happen... but eh. B) One can dream.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)