test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tarantino Trek, back from the dead?

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,668 Arc User
Looks like the actor pay issue didn't kill all the Star Trek films in the works. Quentin Tarantino says he's nearly done with his script, and Zachary Quinto has expressed interest. https://uproxx.com/movies/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-r-rated/
"Two ways to view the world, so similar at times / Two ways to rule the world, to justify their crimes / By Kings and Queens young men are sent to die in war / Their propaganda speaks those words been heard before"
— Sabaton, "A Lifetime of War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 8,379 Arc User
    Tarantino has nearly completed a script. Quinto has "expressed interest".

I note that nobody seems to have actually contracted to make the movie, Quentin just assumes that of course whatever emerges from his golden pen (golden word processor, whatever) will be committed to film, IP holders be damned.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 9,969 Arc User
    Going to be honest I have no interest whatsoever to see a Tarantino spin on Star Trek.
    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    I'd watch it just for fun but I won't loose any sleep if nothing comes of it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,741 Arc User
    QT seems to be trying his hardest make this happen. The fact he was willing to write a script for it suggests he is either trying REALLY hard to make it happen, or that he knows something we don't about how close this is to production. Scratch that, he definitely knows stuff we don't. The question is WHAT.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    I would rather this not be a thing. I have a weak stomach. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 8,379 Arc User
    What does Tarantino know that we don't?

In all probability, only what's in his script. His immense ego is well known, so that's not it.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 12
    Who wouldnt want to see a full film the trailer looks amazing https://youtube.com/watch?v=v3Nv2R9Acec
    jonsills wrote: »
    What does Tarantino know that we don't?

In all probability, only what's in his script. His immense ego is well known, so that's not it.
    QT knows what Paramount has said to him about it. QT knows IF he's had a meaningful discussion about the possible film.

It's true that he likes to talk about things before they're even greenlit, but most of it gets made.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 47,840 Arc User
    To justify the rating, we'd have to be dealing with a rather violent alien antagonist. Klingons could fit the bill, but without knowing anything more...
    Also the CLOSEST Star Trek movies had come to an R rating is actually ST6. Only dropped down to PG-13 because they changed Klingon Blood to Pepto Bismol pink.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,363 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    To justify the rating, we'd have to be dealing with a rather violent alien antagonist. Klingons could fit the bill, but without knowing anything more...
    Also the CLOSEST Star Trek movies had come to an R rating is actually ST6. Only dropped down to PG-13 because they changed Klingon Blood to Pepto Bismol pink.

No. The movie will be a comedy, called "My Big Fat Betazoid Wedding" and be R-Rated for full frontal nudity.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm thinking it'd have parts like Kill Bill or Django Unchained where people fight to the death and it really looks like a fight to the death.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,141 Arc User
    I'd be down with this if it's a completely new roster of characters.
    rrw_tetreya2.jpg
    Oh yeah, Kirk wasn't the only hero in 2267 :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    Watching Inglorious TRIBBLE for the 10th time this week and I really hope that Tarrentino Trek is back in action. It would be hilarious to see the Enterprise Crew do the " bear Jew" scene with a Romulan agent or a captured Klingon. The Enterprise running over an enemy shuttle going into warp would be a great gag for a Tarrentino flick. Seriously there is some great potential for a rated "R" Star Trek. Considering what Tarrentino brought to the World War 2 genre, I can't wait to see what he does with Trek.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"