Install Arc
Options

[PC] Discover New Adventures This Fall!

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    Getting BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD:
    Why am I not seeing any dates for the new content launching, in any of the news posts?
    When/Will there be a Recruitment event? This is something of a 'must' for most players as we have maxed out making characters for the various factions.
    Which races/species have been confirmed for Player Characters?

Easy: No announcements have yet been made regarding all of the above.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @mirrorchaos said:
    > Spock was haplessly out of his element until Uhura stepped in and created enough of an opening that even Spock needed something more than his own brute strength to take Khan out. If she hadn't of stepped in to help Spock, he would of been killed no doubt about it.

I really don't try to be a **** here, but "of" is the wrong word. It does not belong after "would/could" and certainly not after "had not". The word you want is "have". Not "of". Of is a preposition, not a verb.

I really mean that as helpful advice, being corrected is often seen as hostile but it isn't. English is a foreign language for me as well and those mistakes also make it harder for me 🐽😄✌

under the reactions system i would of had this reported as spam since it contributes nothing to the point. are you ever going to get the point or just correct others on the way they spell?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    liberatrixliberatrix Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    TRIBBLE - Always good to have more content.
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll be able to play Airiam's species?

I'm really, really hoping that her species/cyborg type is playable. Discovery had some great introductions to the FED and I would love for them to serve as central to the DSC mini-faction. It would be such a tragic waste if all we got were Human, Andorian, Tellarite, Vulcan again. That's my one big reservation about AoD: how Cryptic is going to handle species choice (IMO, they've been far too reductive in recent history, even considering the noted back-end difficulties of adding new playable species to the game, and I think that sticking to that trend would completely undermine the prospect of making another 23c character running through a temporal displacement arc. Please, branch out [because if I have to create a stock human for AoD it's forever going to play second fiddle to my main with a Crossfield.])

You would hope that the Devs realize that new races are just as wanted by some players as new ships and new storylines, when fans see a Cyborg in a ST series shown prominently, like with the Jem'Hadar many want to play them.

Also, many players would like to see them take a moment to add to the Vulcan abilities, and ships, and storyline, TRIBBLE gives them an opportunity to throw those Vulcan fans a bone or two in the form of a Vulcan specific T6 ship and a rehab of the Vulcan abilities.

They certainly have gone out of their way to give many lesser races in the Star Trek storylines a substantial amount of ships to choose from, there is little in the way of those Vulcan ships like those seen in the Star Trek Enterprise series. The Andorians have several ships, and I would not say they are more prominent in ST.

Vulcans are pretty prominent in the original STO, Enterprise, and now Discovery, they need more content.

In this galaxy there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in the universe, three million million galaxies like this.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    OK. Is e e cummings posting on these Forums?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Well, I'll keep enough Penicillin on hand to avoid exposure to TRIBBLE, but I wouldn't be unhappy about a rerun of AoY.

Kek. :D

In all seriousness, the recruitment events are among Cryptic's better ideas. My only complaint was the rather short number of Dominion/Gamma episodes for Gamma Recruits. A lot of cool things could've been done with the Gamma Quadrant/Dominion Characters. But it will likely get pushed to the back burner for TRIBBLE.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If my brain was working right now this post would be a Tardigrade in a safari hat. We'll see what I can do for the next ten forward.
    IF the lawsuit is resolved in a way that is mutually beneficial to both parties, we may get the possibility of Tardigrade pets & doffs, as we did for Horta. But stay optimistic and keep on praying for the lawsuit to end well for BOTH PARTIES, as any other outcome will doom the possibility of getting tardigrades added to STO.
    The way it looks right now, the case may not even get prosecuted simply because the plaintiff doesn't have enough evidence. If the case gets thrown out, CBS will go back to not caring about Anas Abdin's existence.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah even the Star charts books just show "Here be the Dominion"....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    korithian1 wrote: »
    Do we know if there is going to be a recruitment event for this. I'm holding off on my Cardassian captain on the chance there will be a recruitment event so it would be nice to know if there is one planned.

No confirmation yet, though if there is a recruitment event it's likely to focus on the DSC faction which will likely won't have access to the full standard-FED lineup. If you make a Cardassian character now it shouldn't have much overlap with whatever's going on with DSC, apart from being another FED character (presumably, could go KDF with the CARD for a little separation. ;) )

Hopefully there will be a cross-faction recruitment like Delta Recruits in the future.
  • Options
    yakodym wrote: »
    Oh look, a new ship! I dub thee Mirandovery... or Discoveranda?

It actually looks more like the Surya-class Frigate included on some of the blueprints for the Avenger-class; the Avenger getting retconned to Miranda and the Surya all but forgotten. I hope a proper Surya-class skin is one of the standard options for the Malachowski-class.
    If my brain was working right now this post would be a Tardigrade in a safari hat. We'll see what I can do for the next ten forward.

IF the lawsuit is resolved in a way that is mutually beneficial to both parties, we may get the possibility of Tardigrade pets & doffs, as we did for Horta. But stay optimistic and keep on praying for the lawsuit to end well for BOTH PARTIES, as any other outcome will doom the possibility of getting tardigrades added to STO.

Tardigrades don't like being cooped up.
  • Options
    lordgyor wrote: »
    We will get Kelpians as well at the vary least.
    AmbassadorKael has stated on Reddit that we will not be getting Kelpians because, according to Trek canon, Saru was the only Kelpian in starfleet during the time of Discovery, and that Cryptic's hands are tied on the matter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/9hrbtu/discover_new_adventures_this_fall/e6dyxj5/?context=3
    Heads up on Kelpians: at least for now, canonically, Saru is the ONLY Kelpian to join Starfleet. I suspect more details about that will come from his Short Trek next month, but I don't know for sure. Our hands are, unfortunately, tied on that one.

Just wait until the next series set around this time period to throw that out the space dock like Discovery did to TOS. ;)
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

reafis wrote: »
    I have been wondering about how this will fit into STO as I cant see how you could create a new STO character in the Discovery era and then bring them from the past Klingon war into the future Klingon war.

I wonder if they might have a separate discovery era map like they did with AoY but you either don't leave it, or leave it much later.

That would certainly keep the anti discovery people satisfied.

As an aside I still cannot see why these reasons for hating it are still used

1) It doesn't look like TOS

So you wanted them to make it look like a 1960's show with ropey effects? I can see what people are saying that its "too dark" remember that this follows on from Enterprise where Starfleet was more military because 7 million people got killed by the xindi not to mention the romulan wars. I think discovery will be the journey from that to what we see in TOS and the movies.

2) Burnham is a Mary Sue

I think someone already did a detailed video on this and she isn't. She has flaws, she isn't perfect despite being very clever. She is simply one of the most human star trek characters we have seen. If you'd seen you captain/mentor/friend killed in front of you, would you not want to save her mirror version?. She was a human effectively trying to be a Vulcan to hide the pains of the past

3)Its not Star Trek

The first 2 episodes it was as there is exploration and curiosity and Starfleet did not insta war with the Klingons. It certainly got darker after that but that's mostly because
    Lorca was evil mirror lorca
    . Once that was out of the way the crew certainly behaved more Starfleet. Yes Starfleet Commands actions at the end were more than questionable but they have done this before (Genesis Device, Invasive program to kill the Borg, Phase Cloaking and the Dominion War)

Hold it...it always drives me BONKERS when someone says "you want cardboard sets,etc" anytime tos is brought up.

Phase 2, ST Continues, Axxanar, as well as In A Mirror Darkly, showed very nicely TOS looking good in modern times.

As for 2, IF I lost a loved one or friend, and saw they had a counterpart in another dimension....YET are barbaric and evil, no I would not bring a space hitler, which Georgio was.

YES! Thank You!! "TOS Style" is not 'crappy sets'. 'Crappy sets' was a casualty of limited budgets and also vfx was in its infancy, with at least 90% of the effects used in the show were innovative, never done before. "TOS Style" created bold, new styles for multiple species & factions, many of which became Iconic.
    Armchair authoritarians frequently show their lack of knowledge by promulgating (& regurgitating) weak arguments without any evidence to support their claim. The worst of which is they just hurl insults for their own amusement/ego/whatever.

Getting BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD:
    Why am I not seeing any dates for the new content launching, in any of the news posts?
    When/Will there be a Recruitment event? This is something of a 'must' for most players as we have maxed out making characters for the various factions.
    Which races/species have been confirmed for Player Characters?

~curtsy~
    Always love doing TOS art, or art with TOS elements.
    og4HqTH.jpg

jOLTrr0.jpg

6PW4bgH.jpg

zVTVuFM.jpg

bnl69gD.jpg

bESZILq.jpg

WOzI8D7.jpg

HGtZnfC.jpg

sgQID0L.jpg

gCPPuS8.jpg

uwEm8eZ.jpg

cJXzD7Q.jpg

05mnIcD.jpg

ZozAegO.jpg

kYaSf3E.jpg

k5Qj3ju.jpg

I say TOS style CAN look good in modern day.
    And if we can have TIE fighters, Storm Troopers, interiors and droids that look like the stuff from a A New Hope, we sure as can have TOS look just as good. TOS, to me, looked more advanced that stuff I see on DS9, or Voy...since simpler, sleeker, smoother and less cumbersome is what I always associate with a highly advanced, civilized society/species.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    and i can name any one of many highly advanced and/or civilized races across all of sci-fi who DON'T follow the sleek and smooth aesthetic, because sleek aesthetic != highly advanced

let's start with the ancients/alterans/lanteans from stargate - so advanced, they built a device that could literally harness the energy output of an entire UNIVERSE, even if they never got it fully working before they ascended to avoid being utterly wiped out, but take a look at any picture of an aurora-class or atlantis or even destiny; none of those are in any way sleek or smooth designs, and certainly not simple

next, let's move to the progenitors from the homeworld series - a race so advanced they could create hyperspace cores that, when networked together as a trio, could carry a ship through even the infinite gravity wells of a black hole cluster which would otherwise be impossible because of the effect gravity has on single hyperspace cores in that universe; now, we only have two intact examples of their ship design aesthetic, namely sajuuk and the dreadnought, but we also have a schematic of what a mothership SHOULD have looked like and we also have the designs of one of their creations, the keepers; now, both sajuuk and the dreadnought SORT OF fit the definition of sleek and smooth at its most basic level, but both ships still have a great deal of aztecing across their surface and the keeper ship has greeble bits sticking out across its 'wings' and 'tail' - so once again, sort of sleek and smooth for SOME designs, but not all and none are really simple in any way, except maybe the keeper

now, onto the reapers from mass effect - creators of the citadel, mass relay network and only bioware knows what else; this series is popular enough that i shouldn't need to post examples of their aesthetic - most everyone here knows what a reaper looks like, along with their ships; as to the ships themselves, sleek design since they're based off squids, but not smooth because they have trenches and aztecing all over and definitely not simple

and coming back to star trek, we have the iconians; i don't need to detail what makes them advanced, as i should hope anyone here already KNOWS that, but let's move on to their ships, which obviously only exist in STO because they have no official designs; sleek? not really - too many hard edges for that; smooth? well, their ships don't have any major trenches or aztecing across any of their ships given their crystalline-like hull composition (i assume that's what it was supposed to be; too bad cryptic managed to make it look like plastic) but they DO have greebles sticking out, especially on the baltim raider; simple? not even remotely close

and then there are all those ancient, extremely advanced and malevolent races stuck in subspace or hyperspace or whatever that act as endgame for the master of orion 4X grand strategy games and various derivative games of that type, including galactic civilizations, star drive and stellaris; none of those endgame crisis races have ships that could even come close to sleek, smooth or simple

in fact, star trek is the ONLY major sci-fi franchise that has such a design aesthetic for one of their advanced races, and even that didn't really remain true past TOS, since federation ships from TMP onward ALSO acquired the aztecing patterns commonly seen across other sci-fi franchises and the designs became far less simple

so, to wrap up this massive wall of text...a society can be the most advanced and/or enlightened the universe has ever seen or will ever see and still have ships that like they came straight out of a steampunk game, which they often do - TOS starfleet is the exception, not the rule​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I wouldn't consider Destiny to be a good example of the height of Ancient tech though. Atlantis would be a better example.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider Destiny to be a good example of the height of Ancient tech though. Atlantis would be a better example.
    I call it the height of their experimentation phase. Later on they simply didn't do experiments on that scale.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    yeah, the destiny was built during the early portion of their expansions across the universe shortly (on a cosmological scale) after they'd developed the astria porta (their word for stargate) so it's to be expected that it would look rough and greebly and such...but even as they continued to advance, they KEPT that aesthetic which is reflected in the aurora and city-ship classes...not so much the puddle jumper, but that design HAS to be sleek and simple to be able to fit through a gate​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Just wait until the next series set around this time period to throw that out the space dock like Discovery did to TOS. ;)
    Except Discovery did nothing of the sort to TOS.

Subspace communication was unreliable during TOS era, which allowed starship captains, such as Kirk to use a great degree of discretion when it comes to decisions that was not enjoyed by later captains. "Cowboy diplomacy".

Communications with Star Fleet command took time to reach ships and yet they still had instantaneous communications on the Shenzhou at the edge of the Klingon Neutral Zone.

This is why Captain Georgiou acts as if she was in Captain Picard's time with strict rules and regulations since all she had to do is call up Star Fleet Command, and they were able to quickly bring in a fleet for what was supposed to be, according to 'The Vulcan Salute' for years was a quiet Neutral Zone. Had it stayed within the limitations of TOS, it would have taken a lot longer for allies to show up and back up teh Shenzhou.

What seems like a minor change to you actually has major ramifications.

When William Shatner had tweeted he'd like to do a cameo for Star Trek Discovery (he was going to do a cameo in the third JJverse movie, but the script was deep-sixed for being too "Star Trek", gosh darn!), Jason Isaacs (Captain Lorca) claimed that he was too old to play Kirk, who, according to Isaacs, would have been 16 years old.

Mind you, that wouldn't mean that Shatner could not play the grandfather of Kirk.

Captain Kirk was 35 (34 according to the startrek.com's database, though they need to fix the discrepancies it has when it comes to dates) when he be captain of the Enterprise in the Prime Timeline. So he would have been 25(24) rather than 16. Mr. Isaacs was probably had gone by Kelvin Timeline's Kirk (though they should have brought him up to speed to Prime Time's Kirk). Hopefully they didn't de-age Kirk for Discovery, but time will tell.

There's more, but I don't have the time right now (life takes priority).
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    and i can name any one of many highly advanced and/or civilized races across all of sci-fi who DON'T follow the sleek and smooth aesthetic, because sleek aesthetic != highly advanced

let's start with the ancients/alterans/lanteans from stargate - so advanced, they built a device that could literally harness the energy output of an entire UNIVERSE, even if they never got it fully working before they ascended to avoid being utterly wiped out, but take a look at any picture of an aurora-class or atlantis or even destiny; none of those are in any way sleek or smooth designs, and certainly not simple

next, let's move to the progenitors from the homeworld series - a race so advanced they could create hyperspace cores that, when networked together as a trio, could carry a ship through even the infinite gravity wells of a black hole cluster which would otherwise be impossible because of the effect gravity has on single hyperspace cores in that universe; now, we only have two intact examples of their ship design aesthetic, namely sajuuk and the dreadnought, but we also have a schematic of what a mothership SHOULD have looked like and we also have the designs of one of their creations, the keepers; now, both sajuuk and the dreadnought SORT OF fit the definition of sleek and smooth at its most basic level, but both ships still have a great deal of aztecing across their surface and the keeper ship has greeble bits sticking out across its 'wings' and 'tail' - so once again, sort of sleek and smooth for SOME designs, but not all and none are really simple in any way, except maybe the keeper

now, onto the reapers from mass effect - creators of the citadel, mass relay network and only bioware knows what else; this series is popular enough that i shouldn't need to post examples of their aesthetic - most everyone here knows what a reaper looks like, along with their ships; as to the ships themselves, sleek design since they're based off squids, but not smooth because they have trenches and aztecing all over and definitely not simple

and coming back to star trek, we have the iconians; i don't need to detail what makes them advanced, as i should hope anyone here already KNOWS that, but let's move on to their ships, which obviously only exist in STO because they have no official designs; sleek? not really - too many hard edges for that; smooth? well, their ships don't have any major trenches or aztecing across any of their ships given their crystalline-like hull composition (i assume that's what it was supposed to be; too bad cryptic managed to make it look like plastic) but they DO have greebles sticking out, especially on the baltim raider; simple? not even remotely close

and then there are all those ancient, extremely advanced and malevolent races stuck in subspace or hyperspace or whatever that act as endgame for the master of orion 4X grand strategy games and various derivative games of that type, including galactic civilizations, star drive and stellaris; none of those endgame crisis races have ships that could even come close to sleek, smooth or simple

in fact, star trek is the ONLY major sci-fi franchise that has such a design aesthetic for one of their advanced races, and even that didn't really remain true past TOS, since federation ships from TMP onward ALSO acquired the aztecing patterns commonly seen across other sci-fi franchises and the designs became far less simple

so, to wrap up this massive wall of text...a society can be the most advanced and/or enlightened the universe has ever seen or will ever see and still have ships that like they came straight out of a steampunk game, which they often do - TOS starfleet is the exception, not the rule​​

And TOS I love.

Greeblies look soooooooooo primitve and dinosaur like to me. Like someone just slapped on bits for the sake of showing something....which was the case. To me, less is more.

I shall always love TOS for being the black sheep.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Nope. Its explained that shortly after Discovery they stopped using the holographic communications because they weren't secure, which is why communication was harder during the TOS era.

Hell... they started switching to the viewscreen right after Lorca tipped his hand and he started taunting Discovery via viewscreen.

It probably took Starfleet a long time to revisit the holotech as the next time we see it, Sisko used it aboard the Defiant to talk to Eddington. Which implies that the Maquis had a similar enough rig for it to work. But viewscreen communications were still the primary.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Also it never seemed in canon that the Fed/Klingon border was that far away. The NX-01 could make the trip to Kronos 4 days there and 4 days back.
    The Vger cloud made it from Klingon space to earth in a few days
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.