test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So the New Klingons

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    bao30wt.png

Badmoon...did you do this with a regular Klingon or alien gen??
    Like as in: I want to change one of my K'gan BOFFs to look like this, are they "normal" Klingon options?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    where2r1 wrote: »
    bao30wt.png

Like as in: I want to change one of my K'gan BOFFs to look like this, are they "normal" Klingon options?

No, I did that with an AlienGen to get all of the options that would help me get as close as possible.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    bao30wt.png

No, I did that with an AlienGen to get all of the options that would help me get as close as possible.

Thanks. I guess, I have to fiddle on my own, then, as time permits.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    bao30wt.png

well, they aren't brown enough; the DIS klingons, excluding the albino one, were all shown to be a chocolate shade of brown under proper lighting (not the gray or blue seen in the still shots or under poor lighting)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    It is still an impressive effort and captures the spirit of the DSC Klingons. Regardless of the limitations imposed by STO.
    Nice job, Mr. Moderator, Sir. Perhaps you might be persuaded to share the settings you used with the rest of us?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    bao30wt.png

well, they aren't brown enough; the DIS klingons, excluding the albino one, were all shown to be a chocolate shade of brown under proper lighting (not the gray or blue seen in the still shots or under poor lighting)​​

I think this is the Default lighting in the Tailor. The shade appears a bit different under different lighting.

It is still an impressive effort and captures the spirit of the DSC Klingons. Regardless of the limitations imposed by STO.
    Nice job, Mr. Moderator, Sir. Perhaps you might be persuaded to share the settings you used with the rest of us?

Of course. I'm working on putting that together.
    GrWzQke.png
  • stobot#7771 stobot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    For those asking for slider settings, here are the actual costume files you can download:

http://tinyurl.com/stodiscoveryklingons

#1 is for Feds and #2 is for KDF. Just copy those into your screenshots folder and you will be able to load them on any alien character or bridge officer.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I desperately want the new super klingons to be playable i'd pay zen for it immediately.
    I still want to know why they are super. What makes them different from other Klingons?
    edited October 2017
    patrickngo wrote: »
    can't resist going back to this comment...sure, and they should update t he Vulcans too-give them the big black eyes, gray skin and faerie wings you know they really need.

Hmmm.... If the aliens called Klingons needed such a drastic update to their look for this version of Star Trek....why wasn't the same consideration made of the others?

++++
    I saw an article that supposedly explained why the Klingon look was changed somewhere while browsing this forum on one of my devices today... now, that I have time to read it, I can not find it. :(

• shren#1472 shren Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    dNKPHLK.jpg
    vahXGDo.jpg
    TQtfFNY.jpg
    What i made in klingon gen

" Live Long And Assimilate "
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well if he said they were not planning on Discovery content yet, that confirms that the next Lockbox will be the Discovery Lockbox. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    @where2r1 Are you referring to the one on the first page of this thread?
    GrWzQke.png
    edited October 2017
    @where2r1 Are you referring to the one on the first page of this thread?

How embarrassing. I am looking everywhere else.
    Thanks Badmoon.

• kal36kal36 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    > @shrendeadbolt said:
    > Will we get the new klingons from Discovery as a character creation option? we sort of got one from the Into Darkness klingons. I know alot of people hate the new klingons and i can understand why. I personally like them except for their outfits but i like diversity and the klingons need more customization options.

Those things are not Klingons,stop the madness
    > @dancingshade#0597 said:
    > Hey OP, check this out:
    >
    > https://imgur.com/a/aJNZa
    >
    >
    >
    > k20vtec wrote: »
    >
    > The devs arent putting out any DSC related stuff beside uniform that have been revealed for a very long time.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > False. They actually have some Discovery related content in development right now.

And your info comes from?????
    > @tunicate515#4416 said:
    > djf021 wrote: »
    >
    > Hate to be that guy but... Source? Seriously, I'd really like to get the scoop.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wait. Why aren't you asking the guy who claimed they WON'T be releasing Discovery content "for a very long time" for his source? He is the first guy in this thread to make any kind of "claim" one way or the other, so I think he needs to "put up" before anyone else.

The fact that they released the uniform and said nothing else is the source fella.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    The new Gothons can take a long walk out a short airlock.
    edited October 2017
    > @apedilbert said:
    > They should update the Klingons to the new design, both player and NPC.

Update,in game looks like Klingons,real Klingons...what else do you want,that Discovery garbage,pass
    edited October 2017
    This article is from August.

I think I read similar info in a different article before. BUT....
    It makes less sense...now, that I have seen the new Klingons "in action" on the TV show.

My cat uses her hearing and smell and vision and stealth and patience and speed....
    Why would Klingons need more?

These new Klingons don't move like apex predators. Why would predators want to announce their presence with pheromones...of any kind? Maybe territorial markings....but there are more, uh, efficient ways to do that. Sensors in their heads for what...vibrations, maybe, since their ears appear to be stationary? They got 4 nostrils, now.

They better come up with better spin on this TRIBBLE. LOL!!!!

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    kal36 wrote: »
    Update,in game looks like Klingons,real Klingons...what else do you want,that Discovery garbage,pass

Frankly I wouldn't say no to more OPTIONS. Don't like it? Don't use it. Simple as that. No reason to deny anyone who might want it just because you don't like it. I mean I don't like the Motion Picture uniforms, but I'm not calling for it to be removed because i don't like it.
    More Options = better overall.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2017
    See with your own eye
    It looks like a Klingon standing at a podium/console. Not seeing what makes them "super".

Could you be more specific?
    Look closer, look right at it.
    You really have to be more specific. What is it you see that makes these Klingons "super"?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    See with your own eye
    It looks like a Klingon standing at a podium/console. Not seeing what makes them "super".

Could you be more specific?

Look closer, look right at it.

But there's no S on the chest "shield."
    Superman-Alex-Ross.png
    star-trek-discovery-klingons.jpg
    I'd say these Klingons are Very Wonderful (layered on top of each other). :tongue:
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited October 2017
    What i made in klingon gen

It looks pretty good...you going for Voq? Lips may be a bit off.

++++++++++++

That is one complex looking set of ridges on him...I took a look at the pic on the Wiki.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Voq