test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So the New Klingons

Comments

• oceania123oceania123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I think everyone is forgetting the producers have stated very clearly that discovery takes place in an alternate universe separate from the original and kelvin time line. So we have klingons that look like xindi uruk-hais, have holographic comm calls, and shiny tech that shouldn't exist. Im pretty sure the augment virus never happened either in this universe.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    sorry, don't see a Klingon there. I see a Xindi Reptilian with big lips.
    Don't the reptilians have drinking straws coming out of their heads?

I thought Klingons had pits on their heads for pheromone sensors that contributed to them being Apex Predators. Which is why they can't wear hats. That is why I assumed the torchbearer was severely debilitated in his EV suit; which is why Burnham took advantage of him so easily.
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    That is why I assumed the torchbearer was severely debilitated in his EV suit; which is why Burnham took advantage of him so easily.

I'd imagine swinging a melee weapon around in zero-G could be a bit troublesome.

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

Outside of this one. io9.gizmodo.com has other stories and such about Discovery.

https://gizmodo.com/search?q=discovery+klingons

Here a quick list with a search of discovery klingons
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    bao30wt.png

Yeah I've been toying with this. The ears and nose details are the problem. The Ocampa 01 ear is about the only one to use. I try not to use the Reman complexion. Though is does give the big lip look. But, I'll continue working on this, when I get a something I like in the way of it looking close enough.. I'll post it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »
    That is why I assumed the torchbearer was severely debilitated in his EV suit; which is why Burnham took advantage of him so easily.

I'd imagine swinging a melee weapon around in zero-G could be a bit troublesome.

And the whole thing looked ceremonial, anyways...including that bat'leth.
    I took a closer look at that Torchbearer "suit"...definitely too ornate, not practical.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    apedilbert wrote: »
    They should update the Klingons to the new design, both player and NPC.

Oh hell no, if they try to stuff those cheap rubber mask looking Klingons down our throats I and others would be gone in a heartbeat.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    sorry, don't see a Klingon there. I see a Xindi Reptilian with big lips.
    Don't the reptilians have drinking straws coming out of their heads?

I thought Klingons had pits on their heads for pheromone sensors that contributed to them being Apex Predators. Which is why they can't wear hats. That is why I assumed the torchbearer was severely debilitated in his EV suit; which is why Burnham took advantage of him so easily.

Took advantage of him? You mean the "Oooops I bumped into you and now you're dead" scene? That literally was a ROFLMAO scene...the only way she was going to do that kind of damage was if he was holding one of the batleth blades to his chest and started screaming "come at me bro" after he heard her name, like a bloody moron.

Now if he was holding his batleth like a actual batleth the worst she could hope to do is slam the back of the batleth against his face in hopes to shatter the vizor.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Will we get the new klingons from Discovery as a character creation option? we sort of got one from the Into Darkness klingons. I know alot of people hate the new klingons and i can understand why. I personally like them except for their outfits but i like diversity and the klingons need more customization options.

I hope the hell not they are just awful looking. Horrid makeup job badly executed for starts. Second they look like a refugee from the Underworld series of films then a Klingon from the TOS time period make that any Prime universe era which (LOL) CBS claims TRIBBLE is.
    bao30wt.png

thats pretty good

So is this from a Wes Craven Vampire movie? Becuase they sure aren't Klingons...
    oceania123 wrote: »
    I think everyone is forgetting the producers have stated very clearly that discovery takes place in an alternate universe separate from the original and kelvin time line. So we have klingons that look like xindi uruk-hais, have holographic comm calls, and shiny tech that shouldn't exist. Im pretty sure the augment virus never happened either in this universe.

No they did not CBS has said over and over and over Star Trek Discovery is set 10 years before Kirk and Spock in the Prime universe.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The good thing is, Cryptic could skip animations entirely for this new Klingon race. They need to be immobile with a frozen facial expression to be authentic.
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    These new Klingons are cool. They would beat the TRIBBLE out of the Klingons from the other shows. Except for Worf and Martag, those two were legit bada$$es.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    These new Klingons are cool. They would beat the **** out of the Klingons from the other shows. Except for Worf and Martag, those two were legit bada$$es.

Old Klingons were better. They had a bit of an unoriginal design, but what thy lacked in looks, they made up for with legitimate character and not being made of rubber.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    discovery klinks take place before kirk... pre-augment. kirk is post augment. movie+ is politically correct version/next gen version. so after they "cure" the augment virus they get their ridges back but still have facial hair and look more human than lizard. so they are happy they get their ridges back and settle for that. /shrug

me, i'd just ignore the tv limits of the 60s and just tell the story... i dont care of they make it a running joke and change the look of the klingons or every other race each season...
  • generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    2kq0XHZ.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    2j4zi3k.jpg

They started messing with augmentation in Archer's time, and the human DNA is just the only one we know of. There's plenty of room for different sects, socioeconomic classes, and regionally isolated Klingons to look different from TNG and TOS.
    LONG LIVE T'Kuvma the unforgettable
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well I am starting to think that the thing that the Discovery (and Glenn) is working on will get out of control and cause the Klingons to alter appearance to the TOS version directly or to the normal version that then goes to the TOS version due to the augment virus.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Star Trek Discovery'd a way to make Klingons worse than JJversion.
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    When I saw the Pilot episode of "TRIBBLE" (and isn't THAT a good name for it?), my first thought was, "Oh my god, these are Orc/Drow halfbreeds!"

Seriously...they even have the Drow 'spider-webby' design patterns all over the place. I thought it was supposed to be Star Trek, not "Dungeons & Dragons in Space"?

In a way, I'm kind of glad that CBS has locked this thing up behind a paywall, that way I am not tempted to look at it again, like picking at a scab. As a Science Fiction show, it wasn't so bad, and I enjoyed it as that. But it is NOT a Star Trek show to me, not even close.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That was the Prelude, the 'Pilot' for the Series was really 'Context is for Kings'.

The official abbreviation for the Series is DSC not TRIBBLE. The use of TRIBBLE is getting to the same level of annoyance as 'Delta Rising is the best Expansion ever and the players love it'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns